• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dolph Ziggler's promos on WWE.com exclusive and the WWE App

Sweettre15

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok guys, I decided to take a look at Ziggler's set of WWE App promos from Dec 16 to now and I've noticed a trend. Despite Ziggler getting jobbed constantly, he's been using that opportunity to get more and more comfortable on the mic. Not only that but he also sounds like he's believing what he's saying more and more as time goes on. So I wonder, Are WWE App promos purely improvised and are they giving Ziggler more freedom to alter his presentation now when they want to use him to build heat for something BECAUSE of those promos?

Look at this Smackdown promo against Batista: http://tinyurl.com/keytqf3

Seems to believe what he's saying and just the way he carries himself on the mic seems different compared to the promos they had him doing before he started to get over.

Now look at the string of WWE App promos he's been doing since he's been on "punishment":

http://tinyurl.com/lqryj8m - Dec 16, 2013

http://tinyurl.com/n36zbyu - Dec 16, 2013

http://tinyurl.com/lcvsz4q - Jan 31,2014

http://tinyurl.com/m44bhjf - Feb 3, 2014

http://tinyurl.com/mejkk3q - Feb 21, 2014

http://tinyurl.com/kucefls - Feb 28, 2014

I dont know about you guys but it feels like Dolph has been given freedom to inject more "Nick Nemeth" into his character than he ever has before.

Let me know what you guys think about all this because despite their being several people downloading the WWE App, not everybody has seen these Ziggler promos. Politics aside, when his next push comes around, I have a feeling he'll get an even bigger following if he's allowed to be himself more on TV.

I know this is not a Ziggler-friendly forum but I still want to know your thoughts on this stuff.

I dont know about you guys but it feels like Dolph has been given freedom to inject more "Nick Nemeth" into his character than he ever has

What does Kerwin White's caddy have to do with anything with Ziggler.

(Yes that's terrible, I've been up for almost two days straight cramming for an exam, go easy on me

Someone, some months ago, posted a thread on this topic a few months ago when Ziggler delivered a promo backstage that gave the dude a hard-on.

I'll say now what I said then: until he does this in front of a live crowd, I don't give a shit. Delivering a promo to a stooge of a 'reporter' and a camera-operator is vastly different from doing it when it matters, which is something Dolph has failed to do over and over again.

Someone, some months ago, posted a thread on this topic a few months ago when Ziggler delivered a promo backstage that gave the dude a hard-on.

I'll say now what I said then: until he does this in front of a live crowd, I don't give a shit. Delivering a promo to a stooge of a 'reporter' and a camera-operator is vastly different from doing it when it matters, which is something Dolph has failed to do over and over again.

That's all well and good but let's not overlook the elephant in the room.........This past Smackdown is one of the few times he's got to cut a promo on TV in several months lol.

I'm not going to say his promos are the second coming but I will say that he's putting more emotion behind the stuff he's saying now and it even seems to show in that promo he did against Batista. IMO

For someone that seems to have a stubborn following from his audience that cheers for him while seeing him jobbed...being able to come off as "comfortable" on the mic can benefit him when he starts cutting TV promos consistently again...If Ever lol

I like Dolph Ziggler but he really comes across as the guy who tries to hard to be cool. It was a lot more believable when he was with Vicky and AJ and Big E. But when he's on his own it's apparent he can't do it by himself

Dolph Ziggler needs the green light to cut loose on the mic on RAW. I think he could end up being known as a good mic worker if given the chance. Some people just obviously hope he goers nowhere on this forum. Not everyone is going to like you I guess lol.

Dolph Ziggler needs the green light to cut loose on the mic on RAW. I think he could end up being known as a good mic worker if given the chance. Some people just obviously hope he goers nowhere on this forum. Not everyone is going to like you I guess lol.

I'm definitely inclined to agree because he wasnt always someone I wanted to hear talk on the mic but he's been working harder and harder to improve. I think that's part of the reason he's pursuing stand-up so he can get more comfortable talking in front of audiences.

The promos I highlighted are mostly promos done during commercial breaks of the respective shows with the exceptions of Smackdown since that's taped. Either way, It's easy to tell he's putting more emotion behind his mic work and he deserves to showcase that on Raw. Experience is usually the best teacher so what can it hurt?

I'm definitely inclined to agree because he wasnt always someone I wanted to hear talk on the mic but he's been working harder and harder to improve. I think that's part of the reason he's pursuing stand-up so he can get more comfortable talking in front of audiences.

The promos I highlighted are mostly promos done during commercial breaks of the respective shows with the exceptions of Smackdown since that's taped. Either way, It's easy to tell he's putting more emotion behind his mic work and he deserves to showcase that on Raw. Experience is usually the best teacher so what can it hurt?

It wouldn't hurt anything. More guys need opportunities in general and not necessarily main event opportunities. WWE needs to build more stories and feuds for the entire card and not just one section of it. A legitimate feud gives people a better chance to get over. WWE used to do more with less hours in the past and now they do less with more.

I've just never seen anything from Ziggler on the mic that was 'wow', or that was really game-changing or that really made me think differently of him in any big way. I'm less harsh on him now than I was because the fuss has blown over, but I just don't think he's world champ material in this WWE with one title belt.

Solid mid-carder at best, not that there's anything wrong with that. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to think so, and that can be a problem.

It wouldn't hurt anything. More guys need opportunities in general and not necessarily main event opportunities. WWE needs to build more stories and feuds for the entire card and not just one section of it. A legitimate feud gives people a better chance to get over. WWE used to do more with less hours in the past and now they do less with more.

And honestly even though they are said to be moving in a direction of "More Action, Less talk" according to Cena. All it really takes is giving guys like Ziggler, Damien Sandow etc, short promos before their matches and after to progress the narratives of their feuds and oh course, protecting them by having them win on a regular basis instead of floundering in Even Steven Booking. I'm not one to say I can handle being a full time booker but I'm sure both of us have watched wrestling long enough to have seen what works and what doesnt.

I've just never seen anything from Ziggler on the mic that was 'wow', or that was really game-changing or that really made me think differently of him in any big way. I'm less harsh on him now than I was because the fuss has blown over, but I just don't think he's world champ material in this WWE with one title belt.

Solid mid-carder at best, not that there's anything wrong with that. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to think so, and that can be a problem.

The problem with that is "Mid-Card" today has become synonymous with Jobber or being stuck in Dark Match hell lol. I honestly dont think Ziggler would complain if he got a dominant IC title reign with compelling storylines.

That's WWE's own fault and they need to fix that so the mid-card is something that isnt frowned upon.

Tbf though, He doesnt need to be "game-changing", he just needs to be good enough on the mic to get the audience and viewers invested in what he's doing and half of that battle has been won because he still has a follow from the audience despite his constant jobbing.

Who would want to be a midcarder when WWE doesn't give midcarders angles? You're not going to get midcarders over if they don't get promos or feuds a lot.

And honestly even though they are said to be moving in a direction of "More Action, Less talk" according to Cena. All it really takes is giving guys like Ziggler, Damien Sandow etc, short promos before their matches and after to progress the narratives of their feuds and oh course, protecting them by having them win on a regular basis instead of floundering in Even Steven Booking. I'm not one to say I can handle being a full time booker but I'm sure both of us have watched wrestling long enough to have seen what works and what doesnt.

Agreed.

Cutting a backstage promo with a bit of bite does not make up for failing to impress in his main event runs. All his flopping around & promos got him 2 title runs. One 11 minutes- the other 2 months & some change with half of that being spent on the shelf. If he was good enough he would have been kept around longer. He is not as good as he thinks he is.

Cutting a backstage promo with a bit of bite does not make up for failing to impress in his main event runs. All his flopping around & promos got him 2 title runs. One 11 minutes- the other 2 months & some change with half of that being spent on the shelf. If he was good enough he would have been kept around longer. He is not as good as he thinks he is.

Regardless of that, you wont get anywhere without atleast having SOME confidence in your own abilities. Plus the dude still had the audience behind him in his second "Main event run" and before getting his skull kicked in by Jack Swagger, the only thing he got out of his title run was 2 defenses against Jericho, A Champ vs Champ match with Kofi and a clean job to Jack Swagger of all people as if their wasnt another way to give Swagger number 1 contendership.

It's bad enough that he had an uphill battle being booked in the role of a chicken shit heel. Ask Orton how that's working for him at the moment if you think it isnt an uphill battle.

Ziggler is a good promo guy. Not the best, but certainly not bad or anything. This annoys me, because people that shit on Ziggler's mic ability are all on the bandwagon of Cesaro, who is probably one of the worst in that regard.

Ziggler did fine in his "main event runs". His feud with Cena was okay, good ladder match and great jobs to him right after that. The cash in was a great moment, he got injured he lost the title in a fantastic match with Del Rio. What else do you want from any performer? His overselling stuff makes him different, his promo style makes him different and that is all I ask for in that day and age. He's a solid hand as both a heel and a babyface - he needs a tag partner or a fresh storyline.

Ziggler is a good promo guy. Not the best, but certainly not bad or anything. This annoys me, because people that shit on Ziggler's mic ability are all on the bandwagon of Cesaro, who is probably one of the worst in that regard.

Ziggler did fine in his "main event runs". His feud with Cena was okay, good ladder match and great jobs to him right after that. The cash in was a great moment, he got injured he lost the title in a fantastic match with Del Rio. What else do you want from any performer? His overselling stuff makes him different, his promo style makes him different and that is all I ask for in that day and age. He's a solid hand as both a heel and a babyface - he needs a tag partner or a fresh storyline.

Um, nope.

I think he is just lost in the shuffle due to mania. He will get his chance again eventually, though I don't see him reaching the World title again. I can see him challenging for it but not winning it. Repeat concussions may have made WWE weary of him, hopefully he doesn't go down Kennedy/Anderson's route of getting injured every 5 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back