• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doesn't Look Like Daniel Bryan Returning Anytime Soon.

Because according to all the reports Lesnar's contract is up right after Mania. So unless someone wins the title off him, he's going home with it.

What would really make Lesnar's match at Mania interesting, is if he decided to re-sign with the WWE. Imo this is looking more and more likely as rumors of a Brock Lesnar UFC return are becoming less and less frequent. It doesn't seem Lesnar is as done with the WWE as everybody seems to think. The guy's smart enough. He knows he can resign for another 3 years and work maybe 12 dates while collecting the biggest paycheck on the roster. If Lesnar resigns, I think we can very well see Brock-Rock for the title with Lesnar retaining.

Lesnar won't go back to the UFC, he was embarrassed too badly at the end of his run. The guy who beat him for the world title is still champ, and the guy who kneed him into retirement is still active. Plus he is getting on in age and it won't be any easier.

I think WWE is trying to put one over on us a bit. Two big stars in Reigns and Bryan were originally supposed to return around Rumble time, then both of them got a diagnosis that put them on the shelf longer than originally anticipated. If I had to guess, they are going ho try to build a moment like Cena in '08 when he came back a couple months early from shoulder surgery at #30 to win. No one saw that coming and it was a huge pop. I think something like that with Bryan may be in the works.

Lesnar won't go back to the UFC, he was embarrassed too badly at the end of his run. The guy who beat him for the world title is still champ, and the guy who kneed him into retirement is still active. Plus he is getting on in age and it won't be any easier.

I think WWE is trying to put one over on us a bit. Two big stars in Reigns and Bryan were originally supposed to return around Rumble time, then both of them got a diagnosis that put them on the shelf longer than originally anticipated. If I had to guess, they are going ho try to build a moment like Cena in '08 when he came back a couple months early from shoulder surgery at #30 to win. No one saw that coming and it was a huge pop. I think something like that with Bryan may be in the works.

I totally agree about Lesnar his time in UFC is finished.

I didn't know Reigns was going to be out longer. What's the new verdict on him? Thought it would just be 3 months, which brings us to the Rumble. Hope you're right about Bryan, but if Meltzer is correct, he's out for a lot longer.

Because according to all the reports Lesnar's contract is up right after Mania. So unless someone wins the title off him, he's going home with it.

Which is exactly why the Brock Lesnar Wrestlemania title defense absolutely needs to be written as perfectly as possible so that whoever beats him looks like they legit 'saved' the company from the embarassment of a Superstar leaving with the title... The ball is truly in Creative's hands to make it an Epic Storyline...where it will be "the Beast Incarnate vs ALL."

If this is true, then it's lousy luck for Bryan and for WWE when WWE could use someone as super popular as Bryan. I remember reading that Bryan was all for having a second surgery back in August so that he could return all the sooner but, at the time, his doctors didn't think a second surgery was necessary. It's easy to say the doctors screwed up but, at the same time, it's not really fair. The human body's a weird little machine, that's especially true when it concerns anything to do with nerves and motor control.

Again, if this is true, it seems that Bryan was making progress for a while, but the progress has stalled out, warranting a second surgery. If the doctors think another one might be required, but wanna wait for a while like they did the first time around, I'm thinking Bryan may insist on it so he'll get back as soon as possible. Whether some think Bryan deserves to be in the main event or not, his work ethic in the locker room is highly respected and it really seems to be his only genuine source of ego. Back during his feud with Orton, Bryan competed against Orton on Raw in a street fight that Triple H stopped due to legit concern and Bryan reportedly went ballistic backstage on Trips. Allegedly, Vince was ready to punish Bryan for the outburst but Trips talked him out of it because he's been exactly in that position. In spite of what you might see on TV, don't let yourself get sucked in by the storyline because I have a feeling that Triple H & Vince respect the crap out of Bryan. Bryan was a trooper on the night he returned to Raw after his honeymoon as his father suddenly passed away only hours before. With the possible exception of John Cena, I doubt anyone on the roster would've stayed to do an angle before leaving. I'd say it's buggin' the snot out of Bryan to be out for so long, especially since he was in the midst of the biggest push of his career with his popularity skyrocketing.

I'd say it's buggin' the snot out of Bryan to be out for so long, especially since he was in the midst of the biggest push of his career with his popularity skyrocketing.

That's got to be a cruel blow, since we aren't talking just about his tenure in WWE, but all the time he spent toiling in the independent federations. This guy has been working his butt off the past 15 years trying to prove he can be a top performer despite his small stature.

Finally, he makes it.....and look what happens.

Admittedly, I'm not that big a fan of his.... I still believe much of his popularity comes from that "Yes!" chant.....but there's no question how hard he's worked to make it as a small person in a big person's game.

Trouble is, how much is he willing to risk to get back? Are the doctors recommending he not come back at all.....or maybe not even risk some of the surgical procedures he might need to gain a chance of returning? What does Vince McMahon think? What does Daniel's wife think?

Bryan sees John Cena come back early from surgical procedures that were scheduled to keep him away much longer......but Daniel doesn't have John Cena's body. What's the best thing to do?

I wonder how many folks realize how truly dangerous it might be for Daniel Bryan to wrestle again, especially if he comes back against doctor's orders. True, we don't know the prognosis, but just the fact there's so much discussion on what to do next.....along with the length of time he's already been away.....calls the question as to whether he'd be best finding a less physically taxing line of work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back