• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does TNA Miss Christian Cage?

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
It's now been - Jesus Christ - over 14 months since Christian and TNA parted ways, with Christian being beat down my the Main Event Mafia on iMPACT!. The title originally read "Does TNA miss Christian", but, weirdly, I miss referring to him as Christian Cage.

Personally, I think TNA's got on fine without Christian. It's bizarre though, because I really do miss him being in TNA. I don't really know why. He was decent on the mic and even proved that he could put on some great matches in the ring. I mean, he made Kaz look like fucking gold in the ladder match they had together. All the same, it seems that he was just a place holder in the grand scheme of things.

Had he actually gone to WWE, feuded with Edge and Jeff Hardy or won the world title or whatever, maybe we'd be lamenting his absence more.

Then again, there's always the possibility that this was a work all along. You know, like the Montreal Screwjob.

You lost me with the work and srewjob line...

He choose to go back to WWE, yeah I miss him being in TNA since I don't watch the shitty new vsersion of ECW...

He was a bigger star in TNA, since they get better ratings than ECW... But he makes lots more money though...

The only thing that would make his WWE return interusting to me is reunite him with Edge in some way... Other than that, he may return to TNA when his contract is up...

I think Christian Cage is missing TNA.
I mean, from working with guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash or Booker T, hw's now stucked in ecw with Yoshi Tatsu, Ezekiel and Zack Ryder.

It was kinda dumb of him to go back... He had to expect Vince wouldn't make him too big of a star since he was coming from TNA...

Vince making a TNA main eventer headlne his D show, makes TNA look minor league, atleast Christian put the mafia over on his way out so Im sure his TNA door is always open...

what makes you people think that Christian miss TNA? what make you think Christian not happy being in ECW? you people need to stop trying to make something out of nothing, I am sure if he wasnt happy in the WWE we would have heard it about, and now that BISHOFF AND OVERRATED I MEAN HOGAN ARE RUNNING THING IN TNA I AM SURE THEY DONT WANT HIM BACK " BISHOFF THINKS JERICHO CANT HEADLINE JUST THINK ABOUT WHAT HE THINKS ABOUT CHRISTIAN "

i agree that christian misses TNA. ecw is a third rate piece of shit show. and jccool420 said it best. putting christian(a former tna champion) on ecw makes tna look like crap. christian was gold in tna. he seriously needs to get drafted out of ecw. too many possible fueds for him on the A and B shows to be on that piece of shit excuse for a wrestling show ecw.

When I first became a TNA fan back in 2006, it was because of Christian Cage. I LOVED the Instant Classic...loved the way he carried himself, even when he lost the title and became more of an upper-mid card guy, he just handled himself so professionally and continued to cut great promos.
Lets be honest, before Christian, AJ was just an extremely talented in-ring performer. Not trying to say AJ is great on the Mic, but to me Christian Cage elevated his status in storylines and allowed him to ultimately become the TNA Champion.

Shame WWE has this superiority complex to squash guys that come in from TNA (at the start). Who knows, maybe Christian goes on to do amazing things with Edge whether it be team or feud. Would love to see Edge pick Christian up as a partner to go back at Jericho. (something tells me that storyline is to "great" for WWE)...but as far as TNA, I definitly miss him and IMO he would fit in great with guys like Wolfe, Daniels, Joe, Abyss, Pope, Morgan, Hernandez, EY as guys who fill the card week-in and week-out.

what makes you people think that Christian miss TNA? what make you think Christian not happy being in ECW? you people need to stop trying to make something out of nothing, I am sure if he wasnt happy in the WWE we would have heard it about, and now that BISHOFF AND OVERRATED I MEAN HOGAN ARE RUNNING THING IN TNA I AM SURE THEY DONT WANT HIM BACK " BISHOFF THINKS JERICHO CANT HEADLINE JUST THINK ABOUT WHAT HE THINKS ABOUT CHRISTIAN "

Great post... :/ But seriously, are you kidding? I guarantee you he has to be thinking this was a bad move. If anyone misses anyone it's Christian missing TNA. ECW is awful and it's definitely the lowest spot you can hit in WWE, which is exactly why guys like Angle jetted after being put there, and guys like the Big Show took big leaves of absence after being put there. Everyone knows what a garbage show that is.

ECW on SyFy has about as good of chance as getting my attention as Megashark vs. Giant Octopus... in fact, if that were the main event on ECW... I might just watch it.

I'm sure that Bischoff is just creating a situation where if and when Jericho does switch, there will be what appears to be "on-screen heat" between the two. Just like he and Mick Foley. Look at all the guys that Bischoff has taken hits at and fired over the years and he has almost worked with everyone of them. What he said about Jericho pails in comparison to what he did to Austin, Ross, or Mick Foley.

Great post... :/ But seriously, are you kidding? I guarantee you he has to be thinking this was a bad move. If anyone misses anyone it's Christian missing TNA. ECW is awful and it's definitely the lowest spot you can hit in WWE, which is exactly why guys like Angle jetted after being put there, and guys like the Big Show took big leaves of absence after being put there. Everyone knows what a garbage show that is.

ECW on SyFy has about as good of chance as getting my attention as Megashark vs. Giant Octopus... in fact, if that were the main event on ECW... I might just watch it.

I'm sure that Bischoff is just creating a situation where if and when Jericho does switch, there will be what appears to be "on-screen heat" between the two. Just like he and Mick Foley. Look at all the guys that Bischoff has taken hits at and fired over the years and he has almost worked with everyone of them. What he said about Jericho pails in comparison to what he did to Austin, Ross, or Mick Foley.

Jericho has no intention of switching and im sure Christian has been told he will be off ECW soon. The only reason he is their is because they needed a big talent to work with the younger stars. The higher profile stars on ECW have been notified that they will be moved to another show soon anyway so be patient Chrsitian won't be missing TNA for to long

attitudeera12 - I guess we will have to wait and see. As these stars like Big Show, Jericho, and others start to get up there in years I won't be surprised to see the WCW effect take place. Back when WCW stole all those guys away they had the same thing to offer, a very light working schedule with less exposure than the WWF. That is what TNA has right now. I don't think that anything could be ruled out.

As far as Christian goes, I'll believe it when I see it. Vince McMahon has a history of trying to minimize the ability of stars that he has purchased from other companies WHEN HE IS ON TOP. The only time that he has ever let guys do their thing was during the attitude era (Austin, HHH, Benoit, Guerrero), but other than that he is known for pushing them to the bottom so as to make it look like his company is way better.

It's clear that none of you have actually watched a full episode of ECW in months, possibly years. Because pushing the young talent, focusing on the wrestling, seeing favourites like Christian and Shelton in the main event title feud: that's a dream show for me.

Yeah, but you miss any talent of a main event level when they leave. They're surviving though.

It wasn't dumb of him to go back either, that's a stupid comment. He's only on ECW to test his loyalties. If he'd come back and kicked up a fuss and been like I was world champion in TNA I deserve better they'd have buried his ass. By keeping his head down and just performing he's doing himself a favour and he'll get moved at the upcoming draft to Smackdown or Raw. Vince may not see huge dollar signs in him but he's not deaf, Christian gets huge pops everynight. Also, there's a difference between being on ECW and being the ECW champion for the better part of a year. It shows they value him. He wrestles in front of the same crowd the Smackdown guys do and at Survivor Series he got to look good against the likes of CM Punk and Randy Orton, so they clearly value him. More money, more fans, the place he wanted to be but got tired of to begin with, I'd say he made the right choice.

attitudeera12 - I guess we will have to wait and see. As these stars like Big Show, Jericho, and others start to get up there in years I won't be surprised to see the WCW effect take place. Back when WCW stole all those guys away they had the same thing to offer, a very light working schedule with less exposure than the WWF. That is what TNA has right now. I don't think that anything could be ruled out.

As far as Christian goes, I'll believe it when I see it. Vince McMahon has a history of trying to minimize the ability of stars that he has purchased from other companies WHEN HE IS ON TOP. The only time that he has ever let guys do their thing was during the attitude era (Austin, HHH, Benoit, Guerrero), but other than that he is known for pushing them to the bottom so as to make it look like his company is way better.

Someone forgot about Jeff Hardy, who went to TNA, came back, and became a three time world champion. Christian is making A LOT more money now, gets huge pops, and will probably be a world champion on smackdown before 2010 is over. His stint in ECW will probably be up in a few months, and than everyone will see what he's capable of as a champion on a higher brand

Listen I'm sure that TNA misses Christian because he is very talented in ring ,has great mic skills I don't know what not good about him
And now Christian said himself that he is doing well in ECW and that he loves working with the new guys and you think that he is punished or something but he is longest reining ECW champion and he had some great matches
and I'm sure that he will be drafted on RAW or SMACKDOWN on draft and become main eventer

I don't think it was just money that made him leave TNA. I think he left TNA to be with friends like Edge, Matt Hardy, Jericho.

I think Cage misses the lighter schedule, the freedom he had, and being a top 5 star. I could see him leaving WWE once his contract is up to get back into TNA's less of a hassle schedule. I don't know how long TNA's schedule will be like this though, they're going to start touring a lot in the next few years.

My response is going to form more around hope than opinion or ridicule. I hope Christian gets to the point where the majority of us are saying that TNA misses Christian, not the opposite, he deserves more. Even a TNA fan has to admit that. Christian is not just a character, he is a person, this is his life. He worked his ass off his entire career, more so than a lot of people who have been getting title shots and main event spots. Christian deserves that main event spot, he has worked for it and according to the fans, he has earned it. I want WWE to make Christian's decision worthwhile because he is and has been working his ass off for them. His decision has been more than worthwhile for WWE, he has made ECW for almost a year. If it's about a merch plug give Christian a goofy hat to wear to the ring and that shit will sell. He is 36, that is no kid anymore. I don't want to see him buried until age creeps up on him. Edge is 36 now and hopefully will recover from an injury no other professional athlete has, at least with good results. I don't want to see Christian getting hurt trying to recapture ECW gold (i think there is chocolate under the tin foil). With him going down on a C- show I don't see them bringing him back in very high regard; maybe not even bringing him back at all. I hope him being ECW champ is a stepping stone for him and not Vince making a statement and you all should do the same.

While I'm sure there are some things Christian might miss in TNA, I think overall he's happy being back in the WWE.

Many fans look at being on ECW as a terrible thing. I look at it differently. The WWE has made Christian the star of ECW because they know he's reliable, great in the ring and will go out of his way to be the best at his job. Christian is a veteran, teaching the younger guys the ropes on how to be a WWE superstar.

He doesn't have to carry the weight of being WWE/World Champion, nor does he have to worry about getting buried by talent on RAW. He gets to work with new guys, have great matches and really put to shame the "chosen few" who get shot after shot, and can't perform on their best day, the way he can on his worst.

While I would love to see Christian on SD, I'm glad he's a fixture on ECW. He's doing his part. Wish more guys had the positive attitude he does.

I think Christian Cage might miss TNA due to his involvement in the main event, but other then that, I don't think he misses much. To be the man the WWE let carry a whole brand on his shoulders, that means a lot. Sure it's ECW, but he's helping groom the new and young talent, getting them ready to become superstars.

I miss Christian Cage in TNA. He was the champ and always had intriguing uncut things to say. He still has that attitude in ECW, but more watered down. I think TNA has more than enough stars to carry the company forward. It would be great to see Christian or even Jericho in TNA, but what will Easy E or Hogan do with them?

Bischoff doesn't feel Jeircho should be in the main event, I'm not sure what he feels about Christian. If Christian could be a main eventer without being lost in the shuffle in TNA, it would be great. Now that Jarrett isn't in charge, maybe Christian and TNA can come to some sort of an agreement in the future.

Right, i have to get this off my chest because some of the stuff i've read here is damn ridiculous.

What some of you really need to understand is whether you like it or not, WWE is still lightyears in front of TNA...especially in terms of money. Put yourself in the following situation.

You're 36 years old, You wrestle for TNA. You have a wife and possibly one day a family. You're contract is coming up and the WWE come knocking, they're offering you probably double what you were earning in TNA to be on "their D show" What would you seriously do? Stay with TNA just to be a top dog in a much much smaller promotion, or earn double what you're earning, still be a champion for the "D show".

Problem is everyone assumes wrestlers are just interested in how they are used. You have to realise it's not always about that. Most important thing of all is at the end of the day...ITS A JOB. He's had his fun in TNA, hes been a top player, but why would he want to go back unless they promise him ME level status and more pay than WWE are offering...which they just cannot do.

He's 36 years old now, his ego has no doubtably settled. His job is to perform and entertain. Not be unhappy because he isnt Main Eventing. Do you think he actually believed he would come back to WWE and walk straight onto RAW and be a big time player? If anyone thought that then you're just a ******.

All this tripe about you "think" he misses TNA, how the hell do you know what he misses. Who wouldnt want a lighter schedual. If i could work 6 days per month and get paid say 20k for that month or work 20 days for 50k, i know what id prefer to do.

Yes IMO he does deserve more than ECW, IMO he could be a Huge star in WWE. But no one seems to understand what a wrestler job is, it's the same as every other job, You do as your employer asks of you, nothing more, nothing less. WWE asks Christian to be on ECW, be the star of that show, and help that brand. And i have no doubt in my mind that he loves it, hes entertaining the crowd on a worldwide stage, why wouldnt be happy?

So many wrestlers have desvered better, Jamie Noble, Al Snow, Taz etc etc. But they stuck with WWF/E throughout their tenure because they were old enough to know that it's a job and it pays much better than anything else out there. Taz especially. He could of stayed in a fairly big promotion or gone to WWE to make much more money...which did he choose? WWE, and did he make the right choice for himself and his family...yes he did.

In conclusion, no i don't think he misses TNA, hes earning much more money, is back with friends, and is the star of one of its shows. Whereas back on TNA he'd be earning half, would only have Rhino and don't kid yout'self, he wouldnt be a huge star there. Especially not now with the 40+ age required to work there now.

I liked the Christian Cage name. I liked his time in TNA and the work he did there, but I think he got out at just the right time.

He is still one of the better performers in the business today. He's got one of the best songs with Story of the Year's version of "Just Close Your Eyes". He's one of the better talkers. But I do hope in the next draft, he goes to Raw.

It's possible TNA could be missing Christian. Before his departure, it seemed like he was going to be a major player in the MEM/Frontline feud. Christian was a main eventer in TNA, and had some pretty good feuds while he was there. He was also another part of TNA's world title picture every now and then.

Although, I must say, I think TNA is doing just fine without him. AJ Styles is having a nice reign as world champion now, and his feud with Kurt Angle has been awesome, especially the matches. Desmond Wolfe has also been on the rise ever since his arrival, and I'm hoping Hernandez and Matt Morgan will not be a tag team for much longer. Both of them REALLY need to be in singles competition.

They probably miss him to an extent, he put on great matches with all the people he worked with (Sting, Abyss, Angle, Joe etc) and he helped put over talent (Styles) and he brought in a few viewers and this helped TNA. He probably misses them to an extent as well, the lighter schedule and being in the main-event but I'm sure he feels he's doing fine, otherwise he wouldn't have gone back to WWE.

I'm sure TNA does miss Christian as they elevated his profile to the point that WWE would want him back. He's a solid performer that would add depth to the World Title picture.

While I'm sure he's happy to be in the ECW, I'm pretty sure he would love to be moved to Smackdown or RAW, both shows with higher profiles than ECW on the SyFy network. We'll see what happens in the next draft. If he's not moved, then I'm convinced that Vince is just screwing with him.

Seeing how Christian now lives in Florida, I'm sure he misses working so close to home and the easier travel schedule that TNA provided as oppose to the much tougher travel schedule in the WWE. However, he's probably being paid alot more with the WWE, thus providing more financial security.

Christian is making more money in WWE, and TNA is doing better ratings without him... So my guess would be no. I'm not ruling out the fact that Christian may have liked certain things better, but overall, it seems like that's not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back