Does this victory initiate his overdue push?

Should WWE push Bray Wyatt, atleast into midcard title scene?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
At Survivor Series, two matches were remarkable enough to gather lot of interest. One, as we all know, was the main event between Goldberg & Brock Lesnar which went on for only 87 seconds. The other, i.e the co-main event, went on for nearly an hour.

So the co-main event was surprisingly good and entertaining despite being a long match. The 5 Vs 5 Elimination Tag match exceeded my low expectations easily.

What's the focal point of this thread? It's that the sole survivors were Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton of Smackdown Live brand.

Bray Wyatt has had a reputation of losing every feud he goes into. He has been a constant heel since debuting on main roster. I ain't counting the almost face turn before his injury at Wrestlemania.

His push + a face turn is long overdue. Since he has gained some credibility after becoming the sole survivor, I think that the time has come to give him his big push.

So, Do you think that the big overdue push of Bray Wyatt is initiated at Survivor Series? Or should WWE give him a big push, atleast a midcard title?

I hope so.

ShinChan™;5611995 said:
At Survivor Series, two matches were remarkable enough to gather lot of interest. One, as we all know, was the main event between Goldberg & Brock Lesnar which went on for only 87 seconds. The other, i.e the co-main event, went on for nearly an hour.

So the co-main event was surprisingly good and entertaining despite being a long match. The 5 Vs 5 Elimination Tag match exceeded my low expectations easily.

What's the focal point of this thread? It's that the sole survivors were Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton of Smackdown Live brand.

Bray Wyatt has had a reputation of losing every feud he goes into. He has been a constant heel since debuting on main roster. I ain't counting the almost face turn before his injury at Wrestlemania.

His push + a face turn is long overdue. Since he has gained some credibility after becoming the sole survivor, I think that the time has come to give him his big push.

So, Do you think that the big overdue push of Bray Wyatt is initiated at Survivor Series? Or should WWE give him a big push, atleast a midcard title?

I hope so.

No, I think it's just makes Bray a threat again. He already lost to Kane at a PPV recently.

It's only a matter of time before Orton turns on Bray and I guess WWE wants Bray to look like a credible opponent for Orton.

No, I think it's just makes Bray a threat again. He already lost to Kane at a PPV recently.

It's only a matter of time before Orton turns on Bray and I guess WWE wants Bray to look like a credible opponent for Orton.
Yeah, he lost to Kane at a PPV. But he was strongly protected as he took two chokeslams and one RKO to finally lose i.e three finishers were needed to go over Bray Wyatt. That's a good strong protection.

Not sure what happens next with him and Orton. Orton is going to take time off and i don't know where this leads for Bray Wyatt.

People worth pushing can look good when WWE's erratic booking is in full force. Wyatt doesn't. I mean how many good one-on-one Wyatt matches have you actually seen?

People worth pushing can look good when WWE's erratic booking is in full force. Wyatt doesn't. I mean how many good one-on-one Wyatt matches have you actually seen?

vs. Bryan (Royal Rumble 2014)
vs. Cena (WM30, Payback 2014)
vs. Jericho (Battleground 2014, SummerSlam 2014)
vs. Ambrose (Survivor Series 2014, TLC 2014)
vs. Taker (WM31)
vs. Reigns (Battleground 2015, HIAC 2015)
vs. Orton (No Mercy 2016)

That's every good singles matches on PPV the last 3 years.

The only other singles match on PPV was against Cena at Extreme Rules 2014, which was pretty bad due to booking.

I honestly have no idea as I've all but given up on trying to guess what WWE will or won't do when it concerns Bray Wyatt.

I've got no problem with WWE waiting a while, waiting until a wrestler is a little bit older and more seasoned, before giving him a big push. I mean, even though he doesn't seem it because of the maturity of his character and his appearance, Windham Rotunda is only 29 years old and was only in about 26 when he debuted on the main roster as Bray Wyatt. The problem I have is that WWE's booking has been so schizophrenic at times as often whatever momentum Wyatt, or the Wyatt Family as a whole, has is sacrificed in unnecessary ways to protect guys who don't need protecting.

Wyatt's big feud against John Cena, for instance, was sabotaged in some ways because it made it seem as though the entire Family together couldn't get the better of John Cena. The Family was further sacrificed following Cena's loss to Lesnar because Vince, reportedly, got paranoid that fans were going to "stop believing" in Cena, so Vince had Cena tear through the Wyatt Family in some misguided attempt to reestablish Cena even though Cena didn't need it at all.

I have a feeling that Wyatt is one of these guys who ultimately won't be defined by championship victories. He'll probably win some titles here & there, but I think Vince feels that his character and the uniqueness of it is what's more important. After all, it was about 5.5 years in between Taker's 1st and 2nd title wins in WWE; it's hard to imagine Taker as mostly a mid-card guy but that's really what he was up until about early 1997.

vs. Bryan (Royal Rumble 2014)
vs. Cena (WM30, Payback 2014)
vs. Jericho (Battleground 2014, SummerSlam 2014)
vs. Ambrose (Survivor Series 2014, TLC 2014)
vs. Taker (WM31)
vs. Reigns (Battleground 2015, HIAC 2015)
vs. Orton (No Mercy 2016)

That's every good singles matches on PPV the last 3 years.

The only other singles match on PPV was against Cena at Extreme Rules 2014, which was pretty bad due to booking.

Yeah, a handful of stone cold classics there. Or alternatively, some perfectly fine matches from the best workers in the promotion. If Wyatt was great, or even good, wouldn't his matches against Cena, Jericho, Reigns, whoever, have been better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back