• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Sheamus Really Deserve to be called the number 1 guy on Smackdown

KKKKwe

Occasional Pre-Show
Sheamus who is a good athlete has been moving up the ranks ever since his wrestlemania win against D-Bry. WWE has slowly but surely turned him into the number 1 guy of Smackdown replacing Randy Orton. Sheamus tries to do the whole Cena act routine of connecting with the crowd and being funny. Me Personally i do not think Sheamus is funny and he is some times hard to understand because he speak fast occasionlly. The question is does Sheamus really deserve to be elevated up high with names like Cena, Punk and maybe Orton?

Does Sheamus Deserve that number one spot on Smackdown?

Is Sheamus stealing Orton's spotlight?

These are all questions I'd liked answered by u guys because ur opinion always matters.

After a year in which he went over almost everybody of note on Smackdown he should be considered amongst the likes of Orton & Cena. Only he isn't, because despite consistently solid and the occasional excellent performance, people just don't connect to Sheamus in the way they should. Probably because, a bit like Cena, Sheamus has added the occasional bit of lame comedy to his routine. He's also fairly bland.

For the whole of last year he was pushed above Orton, that is despite Orton having a magnificent 2011, yet Sheamus still comes across as an upper-mid card star as opposed to the genuine headliner he should be at this point.

Sheamus is just as good as Orton or Punk when he's a heel. As a face, well..he's just as good as Orton or Punk. And by that I mean, he's kind of boring to any unbiased fan. He's just one of those guys who was forced to change core elements that worked with his gimmick when he was a heel and it eventually transformed him into someone that mostly only kids could embrace. He deserves to be the #1 guy on Smackdown because there's no one on that show who is technically better than him either in having the main event (bodybuilder) look, the comfort on the mic, and the solid work putting on matches. He's the real deal. ADR is the closest he has to professional competition right now and Ziggler, while heavily supported online, doesn't quite have the look of a eventual 5+ time champion. It may indeed happen (as it has for a few) but right now on Smackdown, Sheamus has it all.

I believe Sheamus deserves to be elevated up high with names like John Cena, Randy Orton, and CM Punk (in that order). We have tons of Main Event Stars, but the WWE needs more Main Attraction Stars.

Sheamus, at this very moment, deserves that number one spot on Fridays (taped on Tuesdays). With that being said, I believe, Del Rio is in that number one spot. Think about it like this. The Main Event Stars are CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio while the Main Attraction Stars are John Cena and Sheamus.

I don’t think Sheamus is stealing Orton’s “Blue” spotlight. I think Orton just wanted the “Red” spotlight instead and just isn’t putting in the effort to be the “Face” of the Blue show. He seems to be more interested in work when he’s working on Monday. Orton is a 9 time Champion. How many of those 9 reigns were on Smackdown, 2 maybe?? Even his Intercontinental and World Tag Team runs were on Raw.

Like I said a long time ago, if John Cena is Superman then Randy Orton is Batman. Superman and Batman aren’t the only heroes in the DC Universe and Cena and Orton aren’t the only heroes in the WWE Universe.

Sheamus is as of right now, number 1 (B).

Sheamus only appeals to the kids nowadays(look at the crowd shots for proof). Orton appeals to everyone,kids, teens,adults,men,women etc.No matter how much WWE tries to push Sheamus(and now ADR) ahead of Orton it wont work.Even after basically doing nothing the past year Orton is still over like crazy which says alot.

Ultimately Orton or Sheamus would make a great monster heel if booked properly. The comedic bits from Sheamus need to disappear and there are seemingly no challengers to either he or Orton.

As for Orton he is certainly not as big as he once was. I am not a big fan. I think he is less than mediocre in the ring with his Lugeresque moveset: Powerslam, lariat/forearm and of course his DDT off the rope and RKO. His promos are painful too. He also does drugs and seems to be a giant douche. I would not be pushing this guy when guys like Wade Barrett or Antonio Caesario are waiting in the wings.

Does Sheamus Deserve that number one spot on Smackdown?
No. Good in the ring but very bland in mic. On the other hand there arent too much guys on Smackdown who could take over that no1 spot and there arent much guys who work good matches as hard as him and who management see as high as him so he could be known as no1 Smackdown guy.

Is Sheamus stealing Orton's spotlight?
If anything its Ortons fault. With injuries and wellness policies violations he has proven to be unreliable and i dont blame WWE for not giving him the spotlight he could have based on his technical abilities and appeal to people who pop him more then Sheamus.

"He also does drugs and appears to be a giant douche?" LOL. If you dont like wrestlers that do drugs than you really wont have a big list of who to like will you? And "he seems" like a giant douche?" So you judge people on how they seem? So do you think Big Show really is a bully in real life because he 'seems" like one on tv? Thats rich.

And comparing Orton to Luger? Man,thats the best one yet. So Orton has a moveset? Who hasnt? Many of the top guys over the years had one. HHH,HBK,Cena,Taker,Kane(I mean does anyone ever wonder what hes gonna do when he climbs the top rope?).

I think Sheamus is a solid performer. The table match he had with Damien Sandow on Raw was pretty good, and overall Sheamus usually delivers. I don't know if that warrants him the top spot on SmackDown, but that seems to be what Vince McMahon is shooting for. It was obviously planned for Orton to have that spot, but with his injuries, wellness violations, and overall lack of enthusiasm with being a face and being on SmackDown, Orton has been rightfully demoted. Sheamus seems to be the only one that can fill the gap, with newly turned face Alberto Del Rio coming in at number two. SmackDown's roster is pretty slim right now, with injuries and more focus being put on Raw, there aren't many other choices for the top face other than Sheamus.

Sheamus is weak at promos and once he stops being goofy and actually gets intense, hell reach the top.

This dude puts on the best matches in the WWE when it comes to the intensity and "real look". Yes, he did it with Bryan and Del Rio. However, he also did it with Big Show and Tensai. He was the best performer last year and only comes second to Punk on Wrestler of 2012.

To me he was way better as a heel. He's turning into Cena way too much and to me is the definition of the PG part of the show. he's talented and can put on a good physical match but the mic skills aren't great when he's trying to be face. For me to be interested he needs a change and a good storyline. He really hasn't had one since HHH or Cena when he first came and both of those were as a heel.

This is whats wrong with the IWC you complain about absolutly everything. Me and my brother are both adults and find sheamus very entertaining, just because hes not acting like a jackass and swearing doesnt make him suck. Stop complaining about the product and enjoy the fact that there is a WWE or go watch TNA

It's not a secret that Sheamus has what it takes to be the face of the company one day and last year he became a full time part of the main event-guys, but theres is still a long way to go for him. He needs a more "badass" gimmick as face to reach the next level. Dancing with Del Rio and Hornswoggle is just the wrong way to bring him over, he has to come to the point, where he can kick both of them in the face and still gets pops - then he would be awesome!

Sheamus was much better as a Heel way much better. The Angry Irishmen works so much better has a heel. But he is definitely not the top guy in SD. I reluctantly say Randy Orton is probably the top guy on Smack Down just because it makes for sense for him to be. More Title Reigns and been in WWE Longer those are my contributing factors

Apart from being Irish, his gimmick is also now to be this immensely tough guy. I lost all respect for this ginger after he received an ass-whooping at the hands of Yoshi Tatsu in a real fight, a man half his size.

Nowadays when I see Sheamus being booked as this badass who has no fear and can take on anybody, all I can think of is him getting his ass kicked. I think that's what ruined him for me. So no, because of the internet, Sheamus isn't believable anymore.

Before I start my response I do have to say that between 2008 and 2011 I had completely stopped watching wrestling. I missed Sheamus debuting, winning KOTR, and being the WWE champion. My first memory of Sheamus was coming out to stop Mark Henrys Hall of Pain

That being said, I cannot for the life of me see why Sheamus is considered the top guy on Smackdown. I usually just turn the channel when Sheamus comes out. His mic work is cheesy and he never EVER loses clean on television. According to Arda Ocals 2012 year in review, Sheamus had 76 wins on WWE television last year. To put that in perspective, Ryback was 2nd in that category with 47.

All in all, Sheamus is just not my cup of tea. To me he's just Triple H's boy whos being shoved down everyones throat as the unstoppable celtic warrior. I've never even heard a huge pop for the guy

I don't see how Shaemus has earned anything. He came in when WWE was in dire need of talent and he's a John Cena from Ireland. WWE loves him but I don't get the appeal. He isn't terrible in the ring, but it's getting to the point where I wanna get up and go to the bathroom when he's on because he's just not entertaining. WWE themselves have messed up trying to build him as a top babyface and that's why we have Del Rio as WHC right now. Worst situation was the 18 second victory over bryan at mania. Shaemus won the goddamn rumble and not only do you make the match the opener, but you make it last less than a minute. You gotta be shitting me. By doing what they did they fucked Sheamus and his title run, and Bryan and his former title run.

Sheamus is boring to me, and having him high on the card pisses me off because they are pushing him so hard as a babyface it's getting annoying. You can't shove a babyface down our throats and expect us to like it.

"He also does drugs and appears to be a giant douche?" LOL. If you dont like wrestlers that do drugs than you really wont have a big list of who to like will you? And "he seems" like a giant douche?" So you judge people on how they seem? So do you think Big Show really is a bully in real life because he 'seems" like one on tv? Thats rich.

And comparing Orton to Luger? Man,thats the best one yet. So Orton has a moveset? Who hasnt? Many of the top guys over the years had one. HHH,HBK,Cena,Taker,Kane(I mean does anyone ever wonder what hes gonna do when he climbs the top rope?).
Okay, I will amend: He is a douche. He harassed two women. That means he is a douche. He also has been nailed for Steroids and just violated another Wellness Policy. If WWE wants to clean up its image then this is not the guy. Also, he is hurt more often than not.

He is like Luger in the sense that he is boring but has flashes of brilliance. He sucks on the mic and is middling at best in the ring. Many of those guys that you mentioned are much better in the ring, and can at least mix it up. Orton rarely does and has not become very fun to watch more often than not. I enjoy him in small doses but admittedly I have not seen him as a heel for very long and only basing this on the last three years.

Sheamus is vanilla too. Overall I am not a fan of the monster faces that the WWE keeps churning out. That is why I rarely watch, and have not watched SmackDown in months because it is the same thing over and over. For me there is no drama as they always win and make the heels look like dumb-asses. It wouldn't hurt to make a monster heel once in a while. If Sheamus or Orton did indeed turn heel then they would probably be right back to the cowardly heel being beaten up and running away from the likes of Ryback or Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back