• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does NXT bother you?

RicSpade

Mr. All-in
So since they have been putting NXT on Hulu plus, I have been catching up on it, and for the most part I think its a great hour of production, however something bothers me...

On Raw, Smackdown, Superstars you have new things forming like 3MB, Vickie in charge of Raw for the most part, yet when you watch NXT you have Jinder Mahal in his previous gimmick, same with Heath Slater and Drew. Vickie is trying to put prices on guys head like she is the evil queen of NXT, and it almost makes no sense because they tape most of this stuff, 2-3 weeks in advance or more.

So my question is, does NXT bother you, should something be done about it? Or should we treat NXT like the indies where your gimmick changes at a moments notice to fit the card?

..I wouldn't say it BOTHERS me. When I watch, I just keep in mind that it was taped 2-3 weeks ago...and I mainly watch it to see guys like Ohno, and Rollins etc, and for the matches.. I don't really pay attention to the storylines and I fwd the Guerrero parts anyway haha. So No, it doesnt bother me.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the 3MB guys showing up in their previous gimmicks.

The one thing I don't really like is that the main roster talent are treated like they're "part of" NXT rather than making "special appearances". Why would guys like Jinder Mahal, HEath Slater, Drew McIntyre, Justin Gabriel, Michael McGillicutty, etc. be interested in winning the NXT Championship? Wouldn't it be a step down for them?

Well as much as it may bother me sometimes but i think it's the only thing that wwe is doing good (well not thoroughly good but not bad either) for young talents opposite of what you see in raw and smackdown.

I feel that NXT is truly an independent entity. Anything that happens in the NXT universe doesn't effect the WWE universe and visa versa. NXT is an incredible hour of pro wrestling and is the most complete show WWE produces. From the commentary, the stories, and the wrestling, it's all good.

The only thing that really bothers me about NXT is that it's not being shown on television. For the most part, I very much enjoy NXT and think it's a strong 1 hour wrestling program. It has a very different feel about it that's distinct from Raw or SmackDown!. A big reason why is that NXT is currently Triple H's baby. He's the one that's ultimately in charge of what goes down on the show, such has having final approval over storylines & booking. You can immediately see & feel differences as Trips isn't micromanaging every single little thing that goes on. Also, if something doesn't go down 100% to Triple H's expectations or 100% perfectly, he doesn't flip out & go on the warpath like Vince does. Many aspects of NXT, I think, are giving us glimpses of what WWE will ultimately be like under Triple H.

The thing with Jinder Mahal appearing in his original gimmick is something that's pretty strange. As someone else mentioned though, NXT usually tapes three or four shows in one day. That's a significant tape delay for some shows. Now that I think about it, I guess that's also one advantage to the show not being on television right now. If NXT does get a television deal at some point, the taping schedule will be completely changed and something like Jinder popping up in his original gimmick won't happen.

Believe me I understand that, but sometimes it feels like the indie circuit to me (not cause guys like Chris Hero are there) because you know what is going on in the WWE universe and when they put all these guys together there, and then for a month or two or more we see guys like Jinder Mahal fighting drew Mcintyre in a fatal four way, it IMO confuses the younger audience who might see it. It's almost a feeling as if you were involved with a storyline and now its null and void over here, until NXT catches up 6-7 episodes later and then your like now this still doesn't make sense.

Now in terms of Joe Henning or anyone else being down there, I look at it this way, some guys need their skill honed I personally think he doesn't have his father or grand fathers mic skills so I am not surprised he isn't on RAW or SMACKDOWN, so its good for him to come down there, but more importantly I think it helps the mid card showcase their talents to be apart of the main roster.

Only thing bothering me with NXT right now is Bray Wyatt is out injured.

That guy has potential to be the next big heel in the WWE and I really hope he hasn't missed his time with this layoff.

The show itself is probably my favourite hour of wrestling on TV at the moment, I really hope, as Jack Hammer points out, that this is a glimpse of the WWE when Vince finally retires (yes I'm one of those that think he needs to shuffle off to the sidelines)

Up here in Canada we DO get it on t.v. on The Score. I love the show because the main focus is in the ring. The biggest thing that bothers me is the main roster guys are starting to get featured too much on the show. They need to keep the focus on the "FCW" guys. I don't mind McGillicutty because he hasn't been on Raw or Smackdown too much in the last little while, but Seth Rollins shouldn't be defending his title against Heath Slater or Jinder Mahal. The odd special appearance by guys like Punk or whoever is fine, but keep the focus on the young guys trying to make a name for themselves.

As for the old gimmick thing, you just have to keep in mind that it is taped weeks before. I guess the only thing would be to have guys on there that don't have drastic changes like Mahal has gone through.

It's a separate entity from the rest of the WWE. It's not supposed to follow the continuity of the main WWE shows otherwise NXT would be no better than the other WWE B-shows. It's a separate program with the main roster guest starring. Jinder Mahal acts different because he's in a different place.

It's a separate entity from the rest of the WWE. It's not supposed to follow the continuity of the main WWE shows otherwise NXT would be no better than the other WWE B-shows. It's a separate program with the main roster guest starring. Jinder Mahal acts different because he's in a different place.

Actually that is what bothers me. Jinder Mahal, and the rest of the main roster aren't booked like guest stars. They're booked like they're an actual part of the NXT roster. Even Antonio Cesaro, the current United States Champion, is treated like "one of the boys" instead of a guy just making an appearance. The only guest star that was actually treated like a "guest star" was CM Punk, but when guys like Michael McGillicutty, Alex Riley or Tyson Kidd show up, the announcers talk about how they might be next in line for the NXT title.

In the case of Jinder and Drew fighting each other, they did work together for a good chunk of the Fatal 4 Way match double teaming opponents. And JR even made it a point to mention that alliances didn't matter and it was every man for himself when Jinder attacked Drew. I think that the 3MB stable had already been established when this match was taped, but this was BEFORE the point where they got a new entrance theme, leather pants, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back