Does anyone else feel bad for Roman?

No. I don't feel sorry for you when you're handed a spot you don't deserve and then jump at the challenge and fail. Failure is supposed to be met with consequence. Otherwise they'd call it success.

Yeah, I kind of do.

WWE did him no favors with how they booked the Rumble last night. His winning isn't the issue for a lot of people, it's the way the entire match was designed, who entered where and how certain guys got eliminated and then the disaster of an ending surrounding his win.

If he never misses time with the injury and the same result happens, most would have been fine with it and just mad at other aspects of an otherwise brutal Rumble.

The funny thing is, if they turn him heel, he will start getting cheered again. Maybe not at the Mania match as that can go either way. Internet fans will decide the day before the show whether they boo both guys or just bury Roman. I think because we KNOW Brock is leaving much earlier this time it wont be bad as Brock/Goldberg.

Plus Brock has been getting AMAZING reactions the last few matches. Fans are really behind the beast.

Roman is basically like Sheamus. They utterly fail at being a face because faces are boring, smile and can't talk. But when they are allowed to be natural and talk, fans get behind them.

I think Roman as a heel is the best option. Even if he gets cheered as a heel that doesn't matter, nothing wrong with a "cool heel" that can move a bit of merch. I guess WWE are stressing because they really don't have the face who can take Cena's spot and they can't just keep making top heels forever but they already have that face who is over in Bryan

See if Reigns was booked better, given more time then had won next years rumble. There would not be an issue at all. The problem is his push hasn't been good and no-one has a reason to care, except for the fact he is an ex shield member. But being in the shield hid his in ring and promo ability, both of which are poor. He will get better and he will be a WWE champ. The guy just needs time to imporve. Reigns is in a horrible position as a performer. He isn't going to say no to a mega push, no-one would, but he is being rejected by the fanbase because they don't care about him yet.

Absolutely.
No one deserves to be put in an impossible spot like he has been thrown.
Guys like Wyatt/Ambrose/Rusev/Rollins are all probably thanking their lucky stars it's not them. Reigns has very little chance of actually succeeding now. The fans are going to bury the living shit out of him until a forced heel turn takes place either before or at Mania. I still think the guy has enough talent, looks, and POTENTIAL to be a great monster heel but...they really screwed him.

Guys like Wyatt,Ambrose, Rusev and Rollins will be cursing their unlucky stars that they are not Daniel Bryan, the only person ever allowed to win a Rumble, according to wrestling fans.

Yeah, it's not his fault. This isn't the old Nitro, he's no Nash or Goldberg with creative control. This shitty booking does not fall on him.

Booking him as a heel makes a lot more sense and his character fits it beautifully. I won't be surprised to see him turn before he becomes "the" face. A good heel run to let him connect with the fans and develop his character would go a long ways to help his career.

Reigns is going to wrestle mania, but at what cost?

In Batista like fashion, reigns is the fall guy for the worst booked rumble ever. I like reigns, I had no problem with him winning, I just take offence to how he won. Once again, Bryan, Ziggler, BnB, rusev, Bray Wyatt, Ambrose and even Ryback should feel aggrieved because they all looked worse coming out of the rumble than they did going in. We were force fed Kane and Big show, who were perhaps as annoyed as much about the finish as we were. It would explain being shows lack of effort in the match.

The rock looked legitimately angry during last nights broadcast, which seems to back up an earlier wrestlezone report that we was unhappy with the booking of the rumble.

What happens to reigns, does he turn heel? Does he have to now?

Is wwe's relationship with the rock damaged as a result?

I think the problem WWE created for themselves is that they caved to the fans' last year, and gave them DB winning the belt at WM.

Once the WWE "gave in" to these people, the people would arrogantly think that they run the WWE, and it is the tail wagging the dog.

Vince should have been strong, and not given them Bryan last year. It would send the message "We run the company, not you."

So what if some fans don't order WM, don't buy subscriptions, so what? Good riddance to bad rubbish. You can pick up many more fans, and replenish your stocks.

Look, most people threatening to quit WWE if Bryan doesn't win Rumbles are full of BS. If they truly stopped following WWE, then they couldn't come on here and complain all the time. What else would they do with their empty lives (I know that they are empty, as anyone who thinks Bryan losing a Rumble is a massive deal can't have much else to worry about in life). So, your idle threats mean nothing, and WWE should call your bluff, and do what they consider "best for business", not you. If you don't like that, go follow TNA. Or go follow ROH, and let the grown-ups continue to follow WWE.

I think the problem WWE created for themselves is that they caved to the fans' last year, and gave them DB winning the belt at WM.

Once the WWE "gave in" to these people, the people would arrogantly think that they run the WWE, and it is the tail wagging the dog.

Vince should have been strong, and not given them Bryan last year. It would send the message "We run the company, not you."

So what if some fans don't order WM, don't buy subscriptions, so what? Good riddance to bad rubbish. You can pick up many more fans, and replenish your stocks.

Look, most people threatening to quit WWE if Bryan doesn't win Rumbles are full of BS. If they truly stopped following WWE, then they couldn't come on here and complain all the time. What else would they do with their empty lives (I know that they are empty, as anyone who thinks Bryan losing a Rumble is a massive deal can't have much else to worry about in life). So, your idle threats mean nothing, and WWE should call your bluff, and do what they consider "best for business", not you. If you don't like that, go follow TNA. Or go follow ROH, and let the grown-ups continue to follow WWE.

I think like wwe, you have also missed the point.

People aren't threatening to quit because Bryan didn't win, that's pathetic. I wanted roman reigns to win. But not in the manner that he did. Wwe belittled Bryan, Ziggler and Ambrose. All of them came out if the rumble weak.

Vince knowingly stuck two fingers up at the "wwe universe" and that's what pisses people off. It's one thing not listening to us, but it's another to disrespect his audience.

I have a hard time feeling bad for anyone who makes a shit ton of money being on television every week, but yeah, I feel bad for Reigns.

He's a fantastic athlete (not just a power guy) who has tons of potential. He isn't nearly as green as people make him out to be and his interview with Brock on the Raw after the Royal Rumble shows he can talk. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with Roman Reigns.

Hardcore fans like the idea they can dictate the show's path. They like to go against the norm and only root for clear underdogs, like Bryan and Ziggler and whoever else. Guys with muscles are not welcome and that's just idiotic. They're not shitting on Reign's based upon his performance, they're shitting on him because, A. He isn't Daniel Bryan and B. They have now convinced themselves he isn't any good because he isn't Daniel Bryan.

Honestly, I'm really not as angry with the smarks as I would've been a couple of years ago. All fans, not just the hardcore segment, have demanded Daniel Bryan be the guy. WWE, for some idiotic reason, refuses to let that happen. I don't know why and I doubt there's a good explanation for it.

The whole situation is sad. The WWE is at fault, not the performer's. Keep that in mind the next time you boo a solid talent like Roman Reigns, the same guy you (more than likely) loved as part of The Shield.

You seem to be under the impression this is the first time it happened. Um no sorry it was not. If you look at The Rock from his successful heel turn to his face push you can see a lot of the turn had to do with the fan reaction.

If fans didn't chant "Die Rocky Die" Vince probably would have had Rocky Maiva main event Wresltemania 14.

Please fans aren't sheep, if they will be upset they are going to voice it out. It's how the world works and not just wrestling. I mean take a look at this ...

[youtube]NtrzegOYOyY[/youtube]

It's all what Vince McMahon thinks, isn't it? Whatever is to happen from here on in depends on that. Roman Reigns performs as directed but what Vince thought of the negative reception Roman got at the Rumble will determine what he'll be doing in the next few months.

Was McMahon surprised at the boos (the Rumble Razzing)? Did he think the fans might be onto something.....or does he think we're all fools who will go along with whatever he wants? Did Vince decide to place Reigns front & center as the next big thing based on solid business principles.....or did he just like Roman's "look?" (I like his look too, but doesn't it seem prudent before making him a mega-star to consider whether he has ......y'know, talent?)

Before the Rumble, many of us believed the company was rushing Roman into a position for which he's not ready. Turned out to be a pretty good evaluation, no?

The good news is that the guy is young and has the ability to learn what he has to learn. The bad news is that it would take a miracle for him to gain all this knowledge & experience in two months.

Fortunately, in pro wrestling, there are always ways out of plans that were thought of as set in stone; there's always some silly provision or stipulation that can be used to change what needs to be changed.

I'm glad I don't have to make the decision. Triple H and Stephanie probably wish they could make it. But in the end, only one person in the world can decide whether to switch things up at WM31....and it will be fascinating to see how he handles it.

No need to feel sorry for Roman Reigns; he's going to be around for a long time to come. The only question is whether the future will arrive as quickly as Vince McMahon originally planned.

I have a hard time feeling bad for anyone who makes a shit ton of money being on television every week, but yeah, I feel bad for Reigns.

He's a fantastic athlete (not just a power guy) who has tons of potential. He isn't nearly as green as people make him out to be and his interview with Brock on the Raw after the Royal Rumble shows he can talk. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with Roman Reigns.

Hardcore fans like the idea they can dictate the show's path. They like to go against the norm and only root for clear underdogs, like Bryan and Ziggler and whoever else. Guys with muscles are not welcome and that's just idiotic. They're not shitting on Reign's based upon his performance, they're shitting on him because, A. He isn't Daniel Bryan and B. They have now convinced themselves he isn't any good because he isn't Daniel Bryan.

Honestly, I'm really not as angry with the smarks as I would've been a couple of years ago. All fans, not just the hardcore segment, have demanded Daniel Bryan be the guy. WWE, for some idiotic reason, refuses to let that happen. I don't know why and I doubt there's a good explanation for it.

The whole situation is sad. The WWE is at fault, not the performer's. Keep that in mind the next time you boo a solid talent like Roman Reigns, the same guy you (more than likely) loved as part of The Shield.

But it's not about Daniel Bryan! It's about the wwe taking there audience for granted. Whether Bryan won or not, or Ziggler, or Ambrose or bray wyatt. Wwe think it's all about Bryan too - which is why it's only going to get worse. Vince McMahon resents the fact that we can make a star in 2015 and he can't. Daniel Bryan suffers because of that. There's was no reason what so ever for Bryan Ziggler and Ambrose to look as weak as they did coining out of the rumble - they were booked that way.

I've said this time and time again. I wanted reigns to win the rumble. But in the process of setting him up for the win, they suck the fingers up at the fans. And like a rag to a bull they have reacted by charging at wwe.

At the end of the day #cancelwwenetwork sent a message.

Within 24 hours wwe stock plummeted $1.8 milllion and they panicked making an announcement that they had reached the 1 million target? That's amazing while #cancelwwenetwork was still trending? Now there giving everyone February free so it doesn't look like they were lying about thee network figures?

At the end of the day, the fans pay money, whether it be for merchandise, tickets, ppv, or $9.99 for the network. If raw had happened on monday night it would have been a shit storm never mind a snow storm. We won't be told who to cheer for (see cena), we have minds of our own.

If wwe booked the rumble better people would be excited about lesnar vs reigns, instead they're expecting lesnar vs Goldberg part 2.

I think like wwe, you have also missed the point.

People aren't threatening to quit because Bryan didn't win, that's pathetic. I wanted roman reigns to win. But not in the manner that he did. Wwe belittled Bryan, Ziggler and Ambrose. All of them came out if the rumble weak.

Vince knowingly stuck two fingers up at the "wwe universe" and that's what pisses people off. It's one thing not listening to us, but it's another to disrespect his audience.

Oh, boo hoo. WWE made widdle Daniel Bryan look bad.

If Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler's support by the fans suffer because of one thing, then they don't have the star power to be elevated.

Stop finding the littlest things to excuse yourself whining like a little bitch!

You seem to be under the impression this is the first time it happened. Um no sorry it was not. If you look at The Rock from his successful heel turn to his face push you can see a lot of the turn had to do with the fan reaction.

If fans didn't chant "Die Rocky Die" Vince probably would have had Rocky Maiva main event Wresltemania 14.

Please fans aren't sheep, if they will be upset they are going to voice it out. It's how the world works and not just wrestling. I mean take a look at this ...

[youtube]NtrzegOYOyY[/youtube]

Of course many fans are sheep. You all cheer in unison. One or two start it in the crowd, and others join in to be "part of the crowd". If that isn't being a sheep, I don't know what is.

What would have been wrong with Rock in the main event of WM14? No-one had a problem with him headlining the next three WMs after that.

Feel bad for Reigns in what way? Because he got boo'd out of the arena at the Rumble? Well they had expected that to happen didn't they. Why else was Daniel Bryan been eliminated so early in the match? And why was The Rock in town?

According to some in the know, the reason Bryan was eliminated so early was to get the shock value over with. Get the booing out of the way, so when Reigns won the Rumble the fans would be over it. It didn't work out that way. And the reason the Rock was there, was to deflect the heat they knew would come Reigns way. Only problem is the WWE vastly underestimated the fans reaction. As soon as Bryan was out, the crowd went from bad to worse and made it hell for the other wrestlers in the ring.

To tell you the truth, I felt sorry for all of the talent who had to put up with it. When you're in front of a hostile crowd it can't be a lot of fun. The only wrestlers to get pops other than the surprise guests where, Ziggler, Wyatt, Ambrose, Bryan and The Rock abet only for a few minutes. Oh and Mizdow, can't forget him.

No I don't feel bad for Roman Reigns. He knew what he was getting himself into when he signed up for this deal. I feel bad for the way he's been booked, and the WWE are idiots for thinking that fans are going to accept this, but it is what it is. I also have a feeling that while McMahon is reluctant to change the main event, it's not set in stone yet.

If you listened to Michael Cole interviewing HHH this week, HHH said that he rewatched the Rumble and didn't like what he saw. He said something about it not being right, and that's what they are going to correct on Monday's RAW. So I'll wait till then to see what happens, but if I was Roman Reigns I wouldn't get comfortable right now.

Oh, boo hoo. WWE made widdle Daniel Bryan look bad.

If Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler's support by the fans suffer because of one thing, then they don't have the star power to be elevated.

Stop finding the littlest things to excuse yourself whining like a little bitch!

The point I'm making is that wwe made these wrestlers deliberately look bad to piss off the fans. And roman reigns was force fed to us.

At the end of the day, wwe is a business. If they piss off all of the fans, then it won't be a business. But don't take my word for it. See the network subscription total a month after wrestlemania when the figures balance out and the casual fans disappear too.

If you can't articulate yourself properly then find somewhere else.

Of course many fans are sheep. You all cheer in unison. One or two start it in the crowd, and others join in to be "part of the crowd". If that isn't being a sheep, I don't know what is.

What would have been wrong with Rock in the main event of WM14? No-one had a problem with him headlining the next three WMs after that.

Austin's recent comments on Reigns are interesting because they could be also seen as a barb to Rocky and Nash...

Both those guys were "entitled" too. Nash was on the outs when Austin got there but remember Steve knew him well from WCW and why he came over... when he got the Rocketship push, Nash immediately became a jackass backstage, he knew he had the machine behind him and could assemble his "kliq" of buddies... people think Shawn was behind all that, he wasn't... he was just the guy with the time served who gave it legitimacy in the locker room... The Nash who went to WCW and booked himself to beat Goldberg isn't that far removed from the Diesel who won all the belts in a year... Austin saw all that and how it ended...and picked up that ball, running it twice as far with no torn quads (sorry couldn't resist :lmao:)

Rocky the same, he was ALWAYS meant to be a star... there was no version of WWE where it wasn't gonna happen somehow.... Maivia bombed because people had just been burned by Nash/Diesel's mega push sucking and it ending with him leaving them... Rocky was no less entitled or green than Nash or Reigns is... he knew the machine was behind him whatever happened and when "Die Rocky Die" happened they just changed tack... he was never in any danger of being cut, losing his push or his job... Vince would have blindly kept pushing him and eventually it would have worked, but for the issues the company were facing... Austin saw all this too... he also saw that Rocky DID have talent and worked hard once he began to get over to improve so by the time they faced off, he was literally a different man. Austin's "lazy" comments should sting both Reigns AND Rocky, who is clearly taking a keen role in helping Reigns in the business... Austin is basically saying Roman isn't working as hard as Rocky did to turn those fans around, machine behind you or not... and if you hitch to Dwayne, you can't half ass it... which he and WWE are doing...

I do feel sorry for the guy, I feel he does deserve the push to break into the main event stage... However headlining Wrestlemania and taking the strap from Lesnar is pushing it a bit to far IMO! Lesnar has been built as this monster who is unstoppable and even super cena has failed! Like Lesnar or not when he turns up he brings it and is always the highlight of Raw or a ppv. Then you have Reigns he looks the part and what the top dogs look for in there too guy, let him build his momentum naturally like DB did only this time keep him at the top! Having a Rookie and that's what he still is beat a guy like Lesnar at Wrestlemania in the main even for the straps is not realistic! The only way they will save it and make everyone forget is what I think will happen and that is Reigns will win then get attacked and Rollins will cash in to be the first guy to do it at Mania!

Yes I feel sorry for reigns I think most people will agree he is not ready to be in the main event a wrestlemaina and needs time to develop but at the same time if u were Roman reigns and were given the opportunity to main event mania before u were ready you would take it. Yes their were better options to win the rumble but the way the fans reacted was harsh it's not Romans fault that vince and creative don't listen to the fans

Both those guys were "entitled" too. Nash was on the outs when Austin got there but remember Steve knew him well from WCW and why he came over... when he got the Rocketship push, Nash immediately became a jackass backstage, he knew he had the machine behind him and could assemble his "kliq" of buddies... people think Shawn was behind all that, he wasn't... he was just the guy with the time served who gave it legitimacy in the locker room... The Nash who went to WCW and booked himself to beat Goldberg isn't that far removed from the Diesel who won all the belts in a year... Austin saw all that and how it ended...and picked up that ball, running it twice as far with no torn quads (sorry couldn't resist )

Your manipulating history a bit. Austin and Nash were friends and apparently had been even in WcW, which Austin said when it had been speculated he left WWF because of Nash's return to the company. Most people, even Nash's detractors, said he was actually a nice guy...usually. With the Kliq, he tended to be Shawn's 'yes man', many people pointing out that he was pleasant when Shawn was not around. In WcW, he actually had a good reputation for awhile by being chummy with the locker room (whereas Hogan was aloof; this ultimately did change over time). Furthermore, Nash didn't book himself to end Goldberg's streak. He didn't get booking power until later on. He did, however, convince the actual booking committee to end the streak...which means he used politics like everyone else. I won't deny that he had a self of entitlement, but the problem is that almost everyone does. If Nash deserves criticism, it was his tendency to be a lazy worker along with the self entitlement.

I do feel bad for Roman because he is being used all wrong, Vince is pushing him to fast he is not ready. Roman should turn heel and work his way across the roster beating up everyone in his path. Roman has the look to be the face of the WWE but it is too soon, what is the hurry John is not leaving any time soon. Do the heel thing for awhile than maybe a tweener, sorry to say but Daniel I have nothing against him but he does not have the look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back