• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Roman Reigns: Yea or Nay?

With HHH as Champion now, it doesn't seem like that's on the horizon.....

But that's what I think would benefit Roman.....and WWE..... the most. Yes, Triple H and his Authority are heels but I believe making Roman even more of a heel would be an exciting way to go. Running roughshod over the Authority heels while being completely bad himself would......illogically, it might seem.....get the fans solidly behind him. That's the way the fans run today, so why not go with it?

He should turn on everyone.......the heels, the faces (including Dean Ambrose), the Authority & the fans. Every-freakin' one.

In this way, he can finally defeat the Authority and their unfair manner of running the company, by beating Triple H himself........and finally get the fans on his side.

I've wanted the company to do this with John Cena......but if they won't, then do it with Roman Reigns.

I respect Reigns, but I still think he's been pushed to the Moon at the expense of the injured Daniel Bryan, and the IWC has been bitching about this since late 2014.

I'm not talking about what we think; but rather, what the WWE brass is thinking.

What was the story last night? In the lead-up to Royal Rumble, I firmly believed this was to be Roman's biggest validation yet. I figured he'd conquer all 29 guys gunning for him and emerge stronger than ever; that everyone else would be so hepped up to get Roman out of there that they'd fall prey to sneak attack from others, even as Roman was dropping people left & right.

But it didn't go that way, did it?

If Reigns wins, you have a repeat of the last two years. WWE was trying to avoid that.

First, it can hardly be said groups of wrestlers were hanging up on Roman. He fought who he fought and there were no 'cooperative' efforts to get him out of there.

Second, what in the name of heaven was the reason for keeping him in the back room 'injured' for half the match? If anything, wasn't he supposed to be out there the whole time, valiantly trying to save his title against overwhelming odds? Jeez!

Maybe WWE wanted Reigns to get a great return pop? That's all I can think of.

Or maybe they were trying to do an underdog story. It will never work considering Reigns credentials though.

Third, Wasn't part of the attraction of the Rumble the notion of watching Roman tangle with Brock Lesnar, even a little? That didn't happen, either.

WWE went a different route. We'll probably see Reigns vs. Lesnar II in the future.

Instead, the whole production dragged much of the time while Roman was out of our sight. As Brock single-handedly fought off the Wyatt guys, wrestlers like Jericho and Ambrose lie in corners of the ring for large chunks of time, writhing in pain........with Roman finally re-emerging, charged up as if nothing had happened to him......only to see him eliminated before surprise entrant Triple H could even get at Roman.

The whole match was quite strange. A.J. Styles debuted but did nothing. He lasted 30 minutes, but what did he do? Other wrestlers such as Kevin Owens, Rusev, Dolph Ziggler, and the Wyatts were eliminated too early. Then Brock Lesnar peacefully walked to the back like nothing happened after being eliminated.

Is Roman going to take the whole schmear back from Trips at WM32..... or did they make him look so weak (and almost foolish) last night as a precursor to telling the fans that something new is in store for us, and it doesn't involve Roman Reigns at the top?

Weird, weird, weird.

Roman Reigns is going to defeat Triple H at WM32 and win the title. That has been WWE's goal for the last 2 years - get Reigns over and make him WWE Champion. Though he has 2 WWE Title reigns (pun intended), they haven't been successful at getting him over.

That's the problem though. He has been shoved down our throats since day one. He was apart of the Shield, the greatest stable in years. He broke the record for most eliminations in a single Royal Rumble and Survivor Series match. He has won a Royal Rumble and 2 WWE Championships. He was endorsed by The Rock, arguably the most popular wrestler ever. What else can WWE do? Either he's over or he's not, and right now he's not.

WWE doesn't care. Reigns will be champion and over with casuals. Basically John Cena without the in-ring and mic skills.

If Reigns wins, you have a repeat of the last two years. WWE was trying to avoid that.

Maybe WWE wanted Reigns to get a great return pop? That's all I can think of.

Or maybe they were trying to do an underdog story. It will never work considering Reigns credentials though.

WWE went a different route. We'll probably see Reigns vs. Lesnar II in the future.

The whole match was quite strange. A.J. Styles debuted but did nothing. He lasted 30 minutes, but what did he do? Other wrestlers such as Kevin Owens, Rusev, Dolph Ziggler, and the Wyatts were eliminated too early. Then Brock Lesnar peacefully walked to the back like nothing happened after being eliminated.

Roman Reigns is going to defeat Triple H at WM32 and win the title. That has been WWE's goal for the last 2 years - get Reigns over and make him WWE Champion. Though he has 2 WWE Title reigns (pun intended), they haven't been successful at getting him over.

That's the problem though. He has been shoved down our throats since day one. He was apart of the Shield, the greatest stable in years. He broke the record for most eliminations in a single Royal Rumble and Survivor Series match. He has won a Royal Rumble and 2 WWE Championships. He was endorsed by The Rock, arguably the most popular wrestler ever. What else can WWE do? Either he's over or he's not, and right now he's not.

WWE doesn't care. Reigns will be champion and over with casuals. Basically John Cena without the in-ring and mic skills.

Yeah but the world and his dog has been complaining about John Cena since like forever, he's popular with the kids, but anyone over 12 doesn't like him, ask anyone in the audience.

But that's what I think would benefit Roman.....and WWE..... the most. Yes, Triple H and his Authority are heels but I believe making Roman even more of a heel would be an exciting way to go. Running roughshod over the Authority heels while being completely bad himself would......illogically, it might seem.....get the fans solidly behind him. That's the way the fans run today, so why not go with it?

He should turn on everyone.......the heels, the faces (including Dean Ambrose), the Authority & the fans. Every-freakin' one.

In this way, he can finally defeat the Authority and their unfair manner of running the company, by beating Triple H himself........and finally get the fans on his side.

I've wanted the company to do this with John Cena......but if they won't, then do it with Roman Reigns.

Now there's an idea. By him telling the fans to stick it, turning on Ambrose, and going apeshit and taking out the Authority it would create an interesting dynamic. He wouldn't be heel or face...just a man who's snapped from the fans who've turned on him, the Authority whose tried to bury him, and the brother who's let him down and hasn't been there for him much through all of this (only sometimes). That's real, and that's something that I'm sure fans could get behind. We need more of that chairshot beatdown he put on HHH, and the punch he gave McMahon...but a tad bit more often...Austin style. That dude was unleashing hell every week. Unfortunately WWE is taking the easy traditional, predictable, and basically PG route through all of this keeping the good guy down storyline. No man reacts to this the way he's been booked to. He snapped once, and now he's all smiles? No way...he needs to go nuts and spin off the reservation now that it's gotten worse. I mean how the hell does a person's actions regress throughout all of these misfortunes? Nobody does...they get more desperate and angry. And he's not. That's part of the problem.

Yeah but the world and his dog has been complaining about John Cena since like forever, he's popular with the kids, but anyone over 12 doesn't like him, ask anyone in the audience.

A bunch of people over 12 like John Cena. I'm sure he appeals to kids more than most, but that's not his only fanbase.

The point was that Roman Reigns is going to get pushed if he's over with smarks or not.

The problem with Roman Reigns is that he has NOTHING but LOOKS. That's it. He cannot control a match. He has ZERO charisma. And, his promo skills are mediocre at best. Quick: Name ONE memorable promo that Reigns cut that will be remembered for a long time. The reality is that VKM LOVES his muscle-bound behemoths. But, he has not learned the lesson of Lex Luger. Just because he has the looks does not mean he has the wrestling talent to carry a company. Reigns is a long way from even touching something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back