Does Anyone Care That Mr. Anderson Returned?

Borck Lesnar

Dark Match Winner
What a outrage, im new here so it took me awhile to post a thread on here, but here's my 1st thread as borck lesnar.

Why The heck Have you not made a single topic about mr anderson returned?
does anybody care? did anybody even watch? does anybody even know what im talking about? John cena gets post's every day for his return, but mr anderson don't even get and Hey! Anderson's back.

You're on a very pro-WWE forum, bud, so TNA talk is naturally going to be a bit by the wayside.

As to Anderson's return, I'm glad he's back. I've been a big fan of his for a while. I'm one of those guys that goes personality first, work rate second, so with a guy like MA, while so much of the focus is on his inability to "carry a company" (why this is a benchmark for success is beyond me) with his actual in-ring physical tools, his in-ring vocal ones are enough to get me to come back week-after-week.

The key here is that he came back to disrupt things with Aces & Eights and specifically Bully Ray again, so in a way I'm actually hoping this keeps Ray away from AJ Styles for a bit with regard to the title. Ray/Anderson had what was probably Anderson's second best match in his TNA career before he left, so I have little doubt they can put on a tremendous program if given the chance.

Personally, I was delighted to see Ken Anderson return to TNA last week. Because I am one of those "pro-WWE" guys and my fear was that if he didn't re-sign with Impact Wrestling, he might end up back on screen in some sort of capacity in WWE, and I for one had absolutely no interest or desire in seeing that happen.

A return to TNA made a lot of sense too. I've never been much of a fan of either Mr. Kennedy or Mr. Anderson, but his recent work in TNA has actually been pretty decent, and he obviously had some unfinished business with Bully Ray, so that should make for some decent action. Hopefully he can be some sort of merciful nail in the coffin for the Aces and Eights, which should have been terminated months ago.

I wonder how long, though, before he turns heel again? Because he has been positively Wight-esque in terms of transitioning from heel to face over and over again.

I cared because I'm a huge fan of Ken Anderson and I have been since he debuted in WWE. His program against Bully Ray should be awesome and I hope he comes out of it on top and maybe they can set him up for a title around further down the line when we get tired of the Phenomenal One being champion. That would be awesome but hopefully they would both stay as faces because he has switched back and forth quite a lot.

What a outrage, im new here so it took me awhile to post a thread on here, but here's my 1st thread as borck lesnar.

does anybody care? did anybody even watch? does anybody even know what im talking about? John cena gets post's every day for his return, but mr anderson don't even get and Hey! Anderson's back.

I thought they did a good job with Anderson's return.

This is how you do it in my opinion. It's not that we didn't expect to see him back. It's just that we didn't expect it when it happened. We were watching the left hand, and TNA hit us with the right.

I thought the Aces and Eights sucked so it will be good to see Anderson back as himself.

I'm glad Anderson is back, though I would've saved his return for the very end of Impact instead of the opening segment. He could have a great program with Bully. What concerns me is what happens after. He's definitely in the upper mid-card, but he won't see the championship in the near future.

Because this forum is filled with a bunch of lazy, unimaginative WWE-superfanatics with lists for brains.

As for the point, Anderson's return was

A) Seen coming. Thanks for that one dirt sheets.

B) Obvious since he left that if he came back, he'd fuck over Bully Ray.

C) Not that long ago. He's done what everyone expected him to do. The show's yet to start with him. If there's one genuine negative to this, it's that we saw these two have the same exact feud 2 years ago.

If there's one genuine negative to this, it's that we saw these two have the same exact feud 2 years ago.

Different circumstances though, and entirely different variables behind the why and when. This feud is more abut closure and re-establishing Anderson as a face again (insert joke about how often he's turned here), and the closure aspect is most important here. The dissolution of the Aces has been gradual and constant, and his return takes another chunk out of the picture. We're a few yards from the goal line.

In pro wrestling, it's often hard to sort out what's real and what's staged. However it was incorporated into the TNA storyline, wasn't the problem with re-signing Anderson that they needed him to re-up at a lower salary than he had been used to, and he refused? Then, all sides allowed his contract to expire and I figured the company told him to check the marketplace and see if he could find a better deal for himself.....and if he couldn't, he was welcome to come back at the lower price, still employable but with his bargaining power at it's lowest point.

Sort of sad if that's the way it went, no?

Still, he's back in the fold, probably less than thrilled, yet professional enough to always give his best. Hope they can come up with some good stuff for him; he deserves it.

People care jtstrike, but not that much. His return is secondary to the other things that were worth discussing from this week's Impact. Namely AJ Punk threatening and walking out on Dixie McMahon with the title. Anderson's return is just another case of wrestler A predictably seeks revenge against wrestler B for wrestler B's previous brutal attack on wrestler A (I probably should have capitalized the "w" in wrestler but when in rome...).

For me i've not been too high on Anderson but he can be better than most of their roster. I would have liked and it would have made sense for him to represent Dixie (as her prized WWE cast off) against AJ. He also could feud with Bully as part of a three way feud over the title. It's hard to believe this face stuff is going to work for him.

I'm happy that Mr. Anderson is back, but I didn't care for the way his character has been handled by TNA for the last couple of years. If his current character is more like the 2010 version of his character, then I'll welcome him back with open arms. But if he's more like the 2012-2013 version, then I almost couldn't care less. When he was gone for a few months in 2012, I didn't even realize he had been off tv until I read an article that he was coming back.

Even though I was watching Impact last week I missed his return. It was in the opening segment right? I turned Impact on a little late. So I can't comment on how his return was handled.

His return isn't that big of a deal to me because he wasn't gone very long and it was no secret he was coming back so it wasn't too shocking.

I guess it will be interesting to see where his character goes now that he's out of the lost sea of the Aces & Eights.

I liked the guy when he was in WWE. I was happy when he went to TNA. Then the whole "asshole" thing happened and I felt they were trying too hard to make him edgy. Then Aces & Eights happened and I felt like he was just there because they wanted him on screen but didn't know what to do with him.

I hope he can rebound from all that and have a good character but it's like a last chance effort thing for me.

Even though I was watching Impact last week I missed his return. It was in the opening segment right? I turned Impact on a little late. So I can't comment on how his return was handled.

His return isn't that big of a deal to me because he wasn't gone very long and it was no secret he was coming back so it wasn't too shocking.

I guess it will be interesting to see where his character goes now that he's out of the lost sea of the Aces & Eights.

I liked the guy when he was in WWE. I was happy when he went to TNA. Then the whole "asshole" thing happened and I felt they were trying too hard to make him edgy. Then Aces & Eights happened and I felt like he was just there because they wanted him on screen but didn't know what to do with him.

I hope he can rebound from all that and have a good character but it's like a last chance effort thing for me.

The "asshole" gimmick is what really turned me off from him. I didn't mind it when he said it on occasion, like during this segment with Kurt Angle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAniKKix7KU. But when TNA had him go overboard and say "asshole" literally 15 times per segment, that's when it got old for me.

I just don't feel like I'm watching the same Ken Anderson now that I was watching back in 2010 and that's unfortunate because he was probably my favorite wrestler in TNA at the time.

Honestly am not happy Anderson is back...really don't give a shit about him anymore... never bought him as a main eventer. He was cool in Aces and Eights though. Had a great match with Bully and a great sendoff he should've stayed gone IMO. He'll never do anything again that'll reach that or top what he did at Lockdown with Angle. Honestly what is he going to do after feuding with Bully? Who in the hell wants an Anderson world title reign again?

In pro wrestling, it's often hard to sort out what's real and what's staged. However it was incorporated into the TNA storyline, wasn't the problem with re-signing Anderson that they needed him to re-up at a lower salary than he had been used to, and he refused? Then, all sides allowed his contract to expire and I figured the company told him to check the marketplace and see if he could find a better deal for himself.....and if he couldn't, he was welcome to come back at the lower price, still employable but with his bargaining power at it's lowest point.

Sort of sad if that's the way it went, no?

Still, he's back in the fold, probably less than thrilled, yet professional enough to always give his best. Hope they can come up with some good stuff for him; he deserves it.

I'm not disagreeing Milady de Mustang because I'd imagine the best he managed would have been a similar contract to before. However, I don't believe he has been to badly treated because Sonjay Dutt stated how he could make much more money as a true independent contractor than as someone attached to any (non-WWe) wrestling promotion and he could work his own schedule. Now SD might be pretty well known by Indy standards but if he can make a good living this way, someone who was pretty hard pushed in WWe for almost 4 years would eclipse him. As such, I'd imagine Mr. A is being paid more than the vast majority of the roster and will be pushed accordingly.

I'm in the glad camp regarding Ken's return although I do agree that I can fully do without the whole "asshole" shtick and what does interest me is the way he has been brought back - as someone without a contract as that could open the door for other wronged parties to come back and haunt (or even possibly help) Bully. I know that the A&8s hasn't been the best regarded angle but there is something spicy about a faction broken when it's done right AND the bikers did have some guys capable of going in the ring.

Glad he's back, , Mr Anderson was probably one of the best wrestlers TNA picked up in the past few years. WWE made a mistake by letting him go, and unfortunately TNA isn't using him properly at all. I Just don't think he pulled off the face role well, or at least not even close to his heel persona. He has the ability to be the top heel in the company and should be given that role. I Would have had him kick Bully Ray out of Aces & Eights

After a week or two now, I can see where this is going. Very glad that Anderson is back. The feud that he and Bully Ray could have could be one of the hottest things going in TNA for the first part of next year. The end of Aces and Eights and it all get's tied up in a little bow and moves on. When they let Ken be Ken, the character is fantastic. His run with Aces and Eights was one of the most compelling parts of the storyline. Saying that there is nothing else he can do makes no sense because he hasn't done everything. Anderson still has gas in the tank and is still white hot on the Mic, so yeah, keeping him around can still be a great thing for TNA. Truthfully, after he's done with the whole Bully Ray thing, they should have him feud with EC3 to get back at Dixie for having him tossed out over and over again. Could be good for both of them as they both can be good on the Mic and could benefit each other from a strong feud.

It'd be difficult for me to care even less than I already do. On the whole, I've never really seen what the big appeal is for Anderson as he's just never struck me as anything special in either TNA or WWE. He's just always struck me as someone that became an internet favorite, especially after being let go by WWE, that's been hyped to be much better than he actually is. He's got his fans like everyone else, more power to 'em, but I've really never been one of them.

As of right now, Anderson's return to TNA has garnered little fanfare. As of right now, the are really only two situations going on with TNA that's generating any real buzz:

1. The TNA World Heavyweight Championship scene and where it's ultimately going.
2. Is TNA Wrestling up for sale and, if so, who will the Carters sell out to?

I think that it's pretty obvious that the TNA WHC situation will culminate with AJ Styles making a triumphant return after "defending" the TNA WHC in several other promotions. After "walking out" and being stripped of the title, the field is set for Styles to return and ultimately engage the winner of the current tourney to determine a new champ to decide who truly is TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

As for the potential sale of the company, it's part of the numerous stories of financial troubles that've dominated TNA headlines all summer. Janice Carter has put out a memo saying that rumors of the company's sale are false while the latest batch of rumors say that Smashing Pumpkins front man Billy Corgan's purchase of TNA is "a done deal" and that he's connected with someone "very wealthy" that might or might not have anything whatsoever to do with all this.

In either case, these are the only two things really going on in TNA. It's unlikely to change and, as a result, Anderson's return is so far overshadowed that it comes off as though it doesn't even matter that he's back.

I think maybe Anderson needs to do what Austin said worked for him. And that is be yourself, but magnified about ten times over. I watched the videos he did right after he left WWE. Those were hilarious. He needs to be an ass, but not where he has to remind you that he's an ass, just where it flows freely from him, and you can tell for yourself. He has the charisma to make it work. I like him, he's not my favorite, or close to my favorite, but I like him.

I care that mr anderson returned, im glad to see him back in TNA!
here's the deal im new here, but i know that many wrestling site's all favor's wwe over tna, thats the reason why Tna can sometimes be overlooked, if mr anderson left tna and went somewhere else and then came back we would've had a topic on that, but since anderson just resigned went no where and was hardly even missed that's why no one cared much, cause they didn't even notice it.

I like Anderson but I have the feeling Anderson's feud with Bully will either be uber epic with great brawls and surpassed the AJ storyline or be a long boring waste of time.

If there's one genuine negative to this, it's that we saw these two have the same exact feud 2 years ago.

I wish they would adress the feud of two years ago. Two years ago, Bully booted Anderson out of Immortal cause they were both gunning for second spot to Hogan. And now guess what, we have the same two guys feuding about the same spot in another group! Hell the very fact that Anderson decided to join a group with Bully as leader made him look bad. And that Bully invited him in was worse.

I also care that he came back. I do hope that this time around it turns out better than how turned out two years ago and maybe they'll bring that he was kicked out of Immortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back