Does Age Matter in Music?

RBH

Think before you post.
The question is simple really. does age matter in music? You have your young rappers and hip hoppers like The Strokes, 50 Cent, The Game (Im just listing out several examples) and of course your old guys like U2 and Rolling Stones who are getting there in age. But does age really matter? I can honestly tell you that I ca still rock out to a U2 concert today as much as any other concert. I believe that all that matters is the music thats being played. This thread was started due to the Killers band leader's idiotic remarks that U2 should step aside and let them take over. I believe that u2 among others can still make great music if they still have the herat and passion for it. What do you guys think?

Age does not matter one bit. There have been some young artists who have started out and failed miserably and then you have some of the older artists who have been making records for 20 or so years who still tour, who still make records. One artist that comes to mind is Jon Bon Jovi.

Him and his band have been around for a long time but they still do tour around the world and sell out concerts. My sister went to his concert when they were in Sydney and she's been to a lot of concerts and she said that he (despite his age) was the most energetic performer she has ever seen live. She recorded some of it for me and I have to agree.

So I would say that age does not matter, it's the passion that a performer has for music and their talent that matters. Age is irrelevent.

Age is irrelevant in some things. Packaging is what does it. As an example, the American public is very stupid when it comes to what they like and don't like. Most people don't spend adequate time (for my standards) seeking out new music to listen to. Force-feed them something fifteen times a day for three months and SOMEONE will like it. I mean, look at the fucking Macarena. It was a mediocre dance beat sung over by two old dudes and dragged on forever. That infected the U.S. like a goddamn trojan virus and wouldn't let go. It was in every dance club...every hour...on the hour.

As for live performances? Age does matter sometimes. The Rolling Stones are the prime example of a band who should've stayed in the studio and got the fuck off the road twenty years ago. But for every band of burnouts who can't do the job live anymore there are groups like Rush, who by all accounts seem to get better every time they roll back through town. Go figger.

As for the TS's original remarks about The Killers frontman. I love their music, but the guy has been a whiny baby since way back. I still remember an interview he did three or four years ago where he got all ********* about his label being more supportive of Linkin Park or something. I still don't get it. He makes music that is much more critically accepted and has a legion of fans the world over and he bitches about a band of nu-metal hacks who combined the worst parts of Tool and 311 and then promptly managed to take a shit on it. I say again...go figger.

Jo,Jo Miley Cyress, Jonas Brother's I think they are good examples of how age don't matter. even if they are shit they are still loved by young kids hence earning shit loads before they can even spend it. but it don't matter if your 80 If you can still sing Go for it. look at Madona for instance how old is she? and she is showing no signs of stopping. As long as they are still producing good music and not just turning shit it shouldnt matter how old they are.

Age doesn't matter. Although depending how old the artist is, you might see a difference in the type of people that listen to it. For example, you wouldn't see many people apart from the young kids listening to stuff like Miley Cyrus, and you wouldn't see many young kids listening to something like Supertramp, for example. But I don't think the younger kids would be that great live, as they haven't had much practice, and they would probably get a bit of stage fright. Experience helps a lot in the music industry.

For Artists? No I don't think it does. Look at when Johnny Cash released "Hurt", the covere of the Nine Inch Nails song. People loved it, and look at how old Cash was. Taylor Swift is in her teens, and had tons of hits, and sold meillions of albums. Rolling Stones can still go out there, as well as someone like Neil Young and put together a great show, better than bands in the early 30s. The best example, Swift, has done a lot more for respectable music then bands that have been around for decades, and that is why I respect her, even for being a very young artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back