• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do YOU want Cena to turn heel?

Cena heel turn?

• Yes

• No

• I'm fine either way

Results are only viewable after voting.

SD619

Getting Noticed By Management
Yes, it seems like yet another one of these but this thread is slightly different.

It is neither about about how or when he should turn nor its impact on the product and buy-rates, it is simply about whether YOU want it to happen..

Most people fall into either of these three categories:

1. They definitely want it to happen.
2. They do not want it to happen.
3. They like Cena as a face but are intrigued to see what kind of heel he would make.

Which of the following categories do you fall into?

I would definitely fit into category three. It's not that I dislike Cena's current character, because I don't, but I would love to see a heel run, just to see how how he would do with it and how it would be received.

If they're going to do it, though, it would have to be a full blown heel turn. No "tweener", nothing halfway about it. Either do it right or don't do it at all. And unfortunately it's probably the latter.

I dont know why people think he has to turn heel, but then i dont get the arguments of people that say he has to stay face. I'd love a Cena heel turn, as long as it brought something new to his character and was done for a good reason, most people that want him to turn want him to start rapping again. I also still like him a lot as a face though, so I'm certainly in the fine either way category.

Yeah, maybe not now, but a gradual progress into one would be fine.
I think that if it did happen, it would have to be more of a shock thing. A gradual process would kind of diminish the impact of it, and a turn that big needs to have a huge, immediate impact.

As for the question, category three. But I'm honestly fine with him staying face for as long as they want him to.

I like Cena as a face but I definitely want him to turn. Preferably after or as a part of the WM 28 match.

But I am also the one that wants Rock-Cena to be for the title.

I'm fine either way, the only thing I want is for Cena to start being more aggressive when necessary. These last few chapters of Icon vs Legend have been pretty one sided.

It's not so much that I'd like him to turn but rather that I think he ought to at some point down the line.

It's been talked about that towards the end of Hogan's face run, he was getting booed. This is the sort of '93-'95 period where he was leaving WWF and going to WCW to try to continue his character. It got stale and people grew increasingly frustrated and bored with his act. I see the same things going on with Cena today. Indeed, the influence of The Rock doesn't help, if he's there Cena can't help but to get an overwhelming negative reaction, but it's happening now when he isn't there and that's a concern. It happens when Cena is out there with CM Punk for example and Punk isn't in the same league as The Rock when it comes to being a face. There are faces like Orton, or increasingly now Sheamus who get a far bigger share of the audience in their corner.

And people have always said that it's the fact that he gets a big reaction which is significant. I've never bought into it. I don't think you will find many people will buy a PPV just to watch Cena lose, they'd probably far sooner not buy it for fear of him winning, or simply because they can't stomach seeing him at all. It's not a done deal, but if things keep progressing the way they are, it looks more and more likely.

When people start booing you as a face, you're already well on your way to being a heel. All that has to be done is to confirm it, actually make the turn and you've got one bad superman.

Option three. I don't think it needs to happen right now (he's 33 or 34 years old), but when it does happen, and it will, I'll be a happy camper.

Cena is probably a top three wrestler for me, but I'm all for surprises.

So yeah, option three.

I already boo him, so it doesn't really matter to me. But I like the idea of having SuperCena as the ultimate heel. Category numero tres for me!

Tell me about it; I boo him weekly. I'm just sitting there on my sofa, screeching and hissing like a cat in heat, throwing shit at the screen, flailing wildly. Such is my hatred for John Cena.

Please. Please just drop it.

it will never happen. Never.

they never turned Hogan, they never turned Warrior, they will never turn Cena.

Please. Please just drop it.

it will never happen. Never.

they never turned Hogan, they never turned Warrior, they will never turn Cena.

You would think that after 25 years at the helm, people would realize that Vince Jr.'s WWE is a babyface promotion. Hell, the WWWF was a babyface promotion. The WWE is not the NWA, Faces run the show.

As awesome as it would be for Cena to go heel eventually, it's not going to happen anytime soon.

The only way it happens is if a transcendant star comes along, another Hogan / Rock / Austin / Lesnar. If not, then it will never happen. Ever.

I agree. There is no one on the roster, or anyone by the looks, in developmental that looks like a legit superstar in the making. Someone is going to have to come around and push Cena for that top spot, and I doubt the WWE has the ability anymore to create that guy.

The talent pool has dried up since WCW went under. There are good stars, but no one that can come close to touching Cena.

I agree. There is no one on the roster, or anyone by the looks, in developmental that looks like a legit superstar in the making. Someone is going to have to come around and push Cena for that top spot, and I doubt the WWE has the ability anymore to create that guy.

The talent pool has dried up since WCW went under. There are good stars, but no one that can come close to touching Cena.

I talked this over with KB, and with the IC and D-Man in person recently.

Once upon a time, you had guys travel the world working in various promotions and countries and territories honing their craft, and would have been working all different levels of the card for damn near a decade before showing up in WWE.

Now, some talent scouts see you in a bodybuilding comp, a modeling agency, or acting tryouts, and then you wrestle in FCW for 3 years, and bam, you are on the main roster and horrific tv shows like NXT.

You have a strong top to bottom roster, but top end star power is highly, and may forever be, strongly lacking.

Serious business time; am I the only one that believes in CM Punk, Randy Orton and, to a lesser extent, Rey Mysterio and Sheamus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back