• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you give the ring back?

Very thing happened to my friend—and former co-worker—who sued his ex in small claims court and eventually took the case all the way to the Judge Judy TV show. If I remember correctly he got the ring back.

Unless its a major holiday, where it would be considered a "gift", the ring should be given back. Look, the ring is based on a promise, one of marriage. Once that promise is broken, the ring should be given back, as it no longer symbolizes what it was meant to do. Why should the woman be allowed to keep and sell something she didn't pay for, and should have no right to? It just doesn't make sense to me, honestly. I dont think circumstances has anything to do with it- unless the man was a total bastard and cheated on the girl. But even at that point, why would she want the ring? I cant think of one, because the memory would be too harsh. May she want to sell it, because of the "entitlemen" she feels because she was screwed over? Sure. Especially in those cirumstances. Even so, the promise wasn't fulfilled, and I dont see the entitlement to the ring there. You either do or you don't, I dont see the grey here. I would say the male gets the ring back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back