Do You Ever Listen To the Commentary...

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
When watching a movie at home do you ever watch with the Commentary on? I think I tried once and it just annoyed the fuck out of me, I think the only way I have ever been able to do it was with wrestling DVDs

I'm just curious cause every DVD seems to have it as a "special feature" and yet I don't think I have ever met anyone that has ever watch a movie with it on

I always do. I watch the movie then try the commentary track. Sometimes you can learn some interesting stuff and at other times it's funny.

Never. It sounds like people talking in the theater. If its a movie with a lot of dialogue, how are we supposed to pay attention? If we wanted them to talk about how it was made, we would watch the "making of" video. And if I needed them to explain everything, then they need to go make something less damn confusing.

I've done it with every Kevin Smith movie; his commentaries are always fantastic.

The Rules of Attraction had about 3 or 4 different commentary tracks (including one with Carrot Top, who had nothing to do with the film, lol, but it was hilarious), and I listened to pretty much every one of them.

Outside of that, I usually ignore the commentary track option; though I do wish Tarantino would have provided commentaries on his films. I would have definitely listened to those.

To elaborate on my original post, some of the most fun are probably the ones Matt Stone & Trey Parker do on the South Park DVD's. There only about 5 minutes long (maximum, there are some that last no longer than maybe two minutes) and offer a decent amount of insight into the more notable things about each episode, including the character's motives, certain jokes, the animation process and the writing.

I've done it with every Kevin Smith movie; his commentaries are always fantastic.

See I might be able to listen Kevin Smiths, since I tend to be a massive mark for the guy, and can (& have) literally listen to the guy talk about almost anything for hours, I've loved all 3 of the Evening Withs... DVDs, and am constantly listening to SModcast at work (I seriously listen to anywhere form 3-5 a day depending on how long they are), So I would prolly be able to sit through Smiths commentary pretty easily, I may have to give'em a shot here sometime soon

The only one I've ever listened to is Step Brothers, and its pretty funny. They do an improv song the entire time.

When watching a movie at home do you ever watch with the Commentary on? I think I tried once and it just annoyed the fuck out of me, I think the only way I have ever been able to do it was with wrestling DVDs

I'm just curious cause every DVD seems to have it as a "special feature" and yet I don't think I have ever met anyone that has ever watch a movie with it on

No. Just like you, I think it's annoying as fuck.

The Rules of Attraction had about 3 or 4 different commentary tracks (including one with Carrot Top, who had nothing to do with the film, lol, but it was hilarious), and I listened to pretty much every one of them.

Outside of that, I usually ignore the commentary track option; though I do wish Tarantino would have provided commentaries on his films. I would have definitely listened to those.

Why, so he could give you a verbal list of all the films he ripped off? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I can't stand listening to Tarintino talk about anything, he talks too fucking fast and never shuts the fuck up, I swear the guy must do copious amounts of cocaine or something

Like his movies though

I do it for some movies. Like JMT I've done it for all of Kevin Smith's movies and like Angel I've done if for movies like How High. Outside of that I think the only movies I've done it for are the Jackass movies.

I never do it. Whenever I watch a movie I want to get the full experience and be immersed in it, and with commentary you really just cant do that. Also if its say an action film or a suspenseful film and the person is speaking in a monotone voice it just kills everything. Also it, as people have said in here already, is annoying.

It depends on who's on it, I've listened to the commentary on my mall rats, ocean's 11, and knocked up dvds, but i don't know if i'd have many more that had interesting or funny enough commentary.

I have for a few movies, Goonies was great. It featured the cast all grown up, so to get their take on it was funny as hell.

Only when a movie truly demands my attention and I want to learn everything I can about film. So obviously Dodgeball got the nod from me.

I just lucked out, what with it being the greatest director's commentary ever made. I'm not kidding.

The only things I've ever watched with commentary on is Family Guy and Talladega Nights. When FG had James Woods on commentary for the first Woods episode, he was absolutely hilarious and ripped on the entire cast that was with him.

I've loved all 3 of the Evening Withs... DVDs

Were the second two as good as the first one? It's the only one I've seen.

Of course not, it's entertainment.

The sports part of wrestling = commentary.
The entertainment (promos) = no commentary.

Movies = no commentary
Games = commentary

It's like the way we get the entertainment at sports games (Super Bowl halftime show) = no commentary and when the action is going we get commentary

Were the second two as good as the first one? It's the only one I've seen.

Personally I thought the second two were better than the first one over all, Evening 2 is my favorite of the 3, where the first one was a series of Q&A at various colleges all put together, the second two are just focused on specific Q&As in Toronto, London, & Redbank

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back