• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you believe in Abortions? (Touchy Subject)

HBK

Why would I read your post when you clearly don’t read anyone elses posts?

This is why I don’t respond, because you wont even listen to my view since you already claiming to being right, so what’s the point in arguing with someone who thinks they are right?

If that was the case then you would not have argued with him about what the baby could have turned out to be.

But LOL you still argued with him over what the baby could have been, so you just as stupid for doing that.

But you said it was stupid for him to bring up a example and yet you did the same thing. Lol

This is why I said people are simply not grateful, because you know about it now and you chose to ignore the fact that if it was not for your parents, you would not be here today. WOW, so you don’t’ care about living basically?

Again, if they feel that they could not have a child, keep your damn legs closed and use PROTECTION. It’s really simple.

HBK

Why would I read your post when you clearly don’t read anyone elses posts?

Of course I read your posts, hence why I'm replying to them.

This is why I don’t respond, because you wont even listen to my view since you already claiming to being right, so what’s the point in arguing with someone who thinks they are right?

Of course I think I'm right - why would I be debating otherwise? You, also, think you are right. It's how forums work.

If that was the case then you would not have argued with him about what the baby could have turned out to be.

It's called a debate. You see, he puts a point across, and I reply to it. I wasn't arguing with the fact the child could be the person who cures cancer, I was just offering alternatives which are just as likely.

But LOL you still argued with him over what the baby could have been, so you just as stupid for doing that.

If you say so :rolleyes:

But you said it was stupid for him to bring up a example and yet you did the same thing. Lol

To show exactly how stupid the argument/point is :). You see one of my main points is not "But the baby could be Hitler!". It's not even a point I think worthy of being in the argument and certainly would never bring it up unless someone else did. But hopefully you now see what MY intention was - to show how silly saying what COULD be is, because none of us know.

This is why I said people are simply not grateful, because you know about it now and you chose to ignore the fact that if it was not for your parents, you would not be here today. WOW, so you don’t’ care about living basically?

I do, now I'm alive with people who depend on me. But if you were aborted, would you know? Of course not. That's what I was getting at.

Again, if they feel that they could not have a child, keep your damn legs closed and use PROTECTION. It’s really simple.

PROTECTION FAILS.

RAPE HAPPENS.

I get that some people just have irresponsible, unprotected sex then use abortion as birth control, and I agree it's wrong. But you seem to think that's everyone, and it's not. You can't stop something which helps millions of women yearly, just because a few people act irresponsible. Those are the women who would still find a way to get an abortion - it'd just be unsafe and illegal, possibly ending 2 lives, not one. Anyone pro-life should see that and be against it.

"What could have been" is not, nor has it EVER been, a viable conherent argument in a legal OR ethical debate, because there are too many variables. To say "abortion is wrong because you're terminating the life of a potential human who had the potential to maybe cure cancer" is like O.J. Simpson saying "but Nicole could have committed suicide in 3 years, so I, er, I mean, someone else just saved her the trouble..."

You want to take the emotion out of this are argue scientifically. Okay, cool. Until it comes to term, a fetus is a parasite, unable to survive without leeching off of the mother. If the mother stops eating, the baby stops eating. If the mother stops breathing, the baby stops breathing. This is why I never got worked up with the whole "abortion is murder" schtick.

We need more women on this board to get all estrogeny like my friend HBK-aholic.

HBK

No not just my post but even other posters post. You clearly miss read that poster point and just chose to bring up another example to argue with them. That is not reading that post.

Yes, I think I am right but I am also reading other people’s point of view unlike you.

It’s not called debate. It’s called being reasonable when you weren’t being. You insult him for showing a example when you did the same thing, so what makes you not as stupid?

It’s not about if I say so, it’s the truth, you shared a example as well just like he did. LOL

But your argument is just as stupid because the fact is that we don’t know what the baby will turn out to be and if you had brains you will see that all he was trying to point out was that the baby should be given a chance to live and if you had you would see that he is right about that.

It’s not about being aborted and not knowing, I’m talking about people who simply don’t give a damn about living and screw up there life which can be replaced by a baby who maybe will have a better life.

Again can you please stop bringing up Rape? And actually ready this that THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RAPE.

Ok obviously your just stupid and choose to ignore the part where I have in brackets (This isn’t about rape) and this is what I’m talking about you don’t read the damn posts.

"What could have been" is not, nor has it EVER been, a viable conherent argument in a legal OR ethical debate, because there are too many variables. To say "abortion is wrong because you're terminating the life of a potential human who had the potential to maybe cure cancer" is like O.J. Simpson saying "but Nicole could have committed suicide in 3 years, so I, er, I mean, someone else just saved her the trouble..."

You want to take the emotion out of this are argue scientifically. Okay, cool. Until it comes to term, a fetus is a parasite, unable to survive without leeching off of the mother. If the mother stops eating, the baby stops eating. If the mother stops breathing, the baby stops breathing. This is why I never got worked up with the whole "abortion is murder" schtick.

We need more women on this board to get all estrogeny like my friend HBK-aholic.

I was just expressing my beliefs, I didn't mean to put it over as facts. Sorry if somehow it offended you or made you think I was trying to shove it down your throat.

HBK

No not just my post but even other posters post. You clearly miss read that poster point and just chose to bring up another example to argue with them. That is not reading that post.

Yes, I think I am right but I am also reading other people’s point of view unlike you.

It’s not called debate. It’s called being reasonable when you weren’t being. You insult him for showing a example when you did the same thing, so what makes you not as stupid?

It’s not about if I say so, it’s the truth, you shared a example as well just like he did. LOL

But your argument is just as stupid because the fact is that we don’t know what the baby will turn out to be and if you had brains you will see that all he was trying to point out was that the baby should be given a chance to live and if you had you would see that he is right about that.

It’s not about being aborted and not knowing, I’m talking about people who simply don’t give a damn about living and screw up there life which can be replaced by a baby who maybe will have a better life.

Are you STILL going on about this one issue? You ignore every other point about the issue and go back to something I said not even to you?

Okay, for the last time. The whole argument is stupid. I don't believe using what COULD have been is a viable way of winning this argument, or making a decision. All I did was balance out what he was saying - I DON'T think it should EVER be brought up, and it's definitely not something I brought up in any posts as an argument for being pro-choice. All I did was refute what he said. I don't believe it. Are we straightened out now?

Again can you please stop bringing up Rape? And actually ready this that THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RAPE.

YES IT DOES. You live in your little pro-life world where nothing bad ever happens and the only people who ever go for abortions are those teenagers who sleep around without using protection. Things like that ARE a big part of this debate as they are one of the biggest reasons for keeping abortion legal. Yet you seem to want to ignore it because it doesn't work for your argument. And you wonder why people have a problem with your stance?

Ok obviously your just stupid and choose to ignore the part where I have in brackets (This isn’t about rape) and this is what I’m talking about you don’t read the damn posts.

How hypocritical is this? You ignore most of the post and focus on one part, and say I don't read them? Yes, I do SEE you saying that, but in real life you can't just eliminate the effects of rape because it suits you, like you're doing here.

I was just expressing my beliefs, I didn't mean to put it over as facts. Sorry if somehow it offended you or made you think I was trying to shove it down your throat.

Oh, come on dude, don't cop out now! This was just getting good!

Don't worry about offending me - I'm a grown man, I'll be ok. Even if we took diometric opposite positions on this and yelled at each other for 10 pages, if we met for a beer I'd still buy the first round.

Anyway, I'm hard to offend. My issue is with the pro-life zealots who seek to made pro-choicers out to be murderers despite scinetific evidence of the parasitic relationship between a mother and a fetus.

Here's a question for the pro-lifers, and I honestly don't know the answer. If a baby is born with F.A.S. (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome) or a crack-cocaine addiction as a result of the mothers use / abuse of dangerous substances during pregnancy, is the woman arrested for endangering a child?

HBK

Yes I am still going on about this issue. I’m allowed too, that is what this forum is all about to debate and until you understand that you were just as stupid for giving a example on how a baby turn out to be I will continue on with this debate..

Then why did you use it? This is my point. You said it’s stupid but you still used a example of what could have happen, your opinion about him turning out to be Hitler and that is just as stupid. It should be brought up for the last time you are missing his point completely because if you would actually read his post, he is trying to point out that a child should be given the chance to live cause he could turn out to be a great person and you chose to argue with that.

NO it does not, because I said it so many times which you are ignoring to read that I have a different opinion about Rape and to read my Original post about the Rape situation. The fact is that I am not ready to be a parent right now and you know what, I keep my legs closed and use protection, not that hard to do really.

No you don’t read them or you would stop bringing up Rape after I told you 1000 times that I have a different view about the rape..

HBK

Yes I am still going on about this issue. I’m allowed too, that is what this forum is all about to debate and until you understand that you were just as stupid for giving a example on how a baby turn out to be.

Then why did you use it? This is my point. You said it’s stupid but you still used a example of what could have happen, your opinion about him turning out to be Hitler and that is just as stupid.

It is stupid, I wholeheartedly agree it's stupid, and I'm glad YOU see that. Trying to insult me by saying it is stupid, when it's the reaction I was going for, is pointless. I have no idea what could happen, neither does he. It's a stupid thing to say. I'm glad the point is across. Plus, if you think I'm stupid for doing it, you must also think he is. Or are you just siding with your pro-life buddy?

It should be brought up for the last time you are missing his point completely because if you would actually read his post, he is trying to pout out that a child should be given the chance to live cause he turn out to be a great person and you chose to argue with that.

It's not arguing, I was simply offering alternatives. :) My alternatives were as stupid as his were.

NO it does not, because I said it so many times which you are ignoring to read that I have a different opinion about Rape and to read my Original post about the Rape situation. The fact is that I am not ready to be a parent right now and you know what, I keep my legs closed and use protect, not that hard to do really.

No you don’t read them or you would stop bringing up Rape after I told you 1000 times that I have a different view about the rape..

And I've explained why your view doesn't work in real life, and you've chosen to ignore that, even after I reposted it for you. And you say I don't read other peoples posts? The truth is, you're ignoring the matter because it's one of the many places your argument falls apart and you know it.

HBK

Again I don’t think it’s stupid what I am saying if you think it’s stupid, why would you start giving examples? It makes absolutely no sense.

Also I think that if you try and understand what he is trying to say, you will agree with him because you can’t argue his point that a baby should be given a chance to live.

Yes it is arguing or else you would not have brought up the “Hitler” **sighs**

I chose to ignore that for the sole purpose that I disagree with you about it. No I’m not ignoring the matter LOL because I’m telling you to read my Original post about Rape, how is that ignoring the matter? lmao

HBK

Again I don’t think it’s stupid what I am saying if you think it’s stupid, why would you start giving examples? It makes absolutely no sense.

Do you think it sounds completely absurd to use "But the baby could be the next Hitler" in an abortion argument? I do. So why do you think "But the baby could cure cancer" is okay? Seriously - answer me that. The whole thing of what 'Could' have been is absurd.

Also I think that if you try and understand what he is trying to say, you will agree with him because you can’t argue his point that a baby should be given a chance to live.

I believe a baby has the right to life. A baby being something that has been born, and can live independant from the mother. If you mean a foetus, I don't think it has an automatic right to life, no. It's up to the mother to decide whether she would like to keep the child.

I chose to ignore that for the sole purpose that I disagree with you about it. No I’m not ignoring the matter LOL because I’m telling you to read my Original post about Rape, how is that ignoring the matter? lmao

Erm, I have read it. And replied to it, twice. What's the point of posting something like that, and then ignoring any type of debate on it, instead saying 'it has nothing to do with that!'?

HBK

Yet you used it anyways? LOL

Because he is trying to point out that, a baby that is given a chance to live can turn out to be a lot of things and he used a example. You chose to argue with him about a example he used instead of reading what he was actually trying to point out **sighs**.

The fact is that you used a example too which makes your opinion just as stupid.

A baby no matter what as a right to live. A foetus turns into a baby. If you don’t think a “Foetus” is important then something is wrong with you. The fact is that there is always adoption if a mother chooses not to have them.

I just wanted to share some of the stances from my affiliated political party, the Libertarian Party. I don't identify 100% with ALL of their beliefs, but when it comes to abortion, the Libertarian party platform sums it up nicely:

http://www.lp.org/platform said:
1.0 Personal Liberty

Individuals should be free to make choices for themselves and to accept responsibility for the consequences of the choices they make. No individual, group, or government may initiate force against any other individual, group, or government. Our support of an individual's right to make choices in life does not mean that we necessarily approve or disapprove of those choices.

1.4 Abortion

Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.

Why should the government, or for that matter the church or anyone else, decide what it right or what is wrong.

So I want to ask Canadian fan and HBK-aholic, since they appear to be going in circles (it's like a Spirograph, you two, seriously) - are either of you in favor of laws regulating / restricting abortion? If so, in which cases?

A baby no matter what as a right to live.

A matter of opinion. Once the baby is born and free from the mother, then yes.

A foetus turns into a baby.

Not always.

If you don’t think a “Foetus” is important then something is wrong with you.

Nobody's questioning its importance. We are questioning whether it should be protected under law.

The fact is that there is always adoption if a mother chooses not to have them.

Sure there is. Plenty of room in orphanages. And loads of funding too. :rolleyes:

A baby no matter what as a right to live. A foetus turns into a baby. If you don’t think a “Foetus” is important then something is wrong with you. The fact is that there is always adoption if a mother chooses not to have them.

So, why contradict yourself by saying babies conceived due to rape CAN be aborted? That in itself proves you don't believe a baby, no matter what, has the right to live.

I just wanted to share some of the stances from my affiliated political party, the Libertarian Party. I don't identify 100% with ALL of their beliefs, but when it comes to abortion, the Libertarian party platform sums it up nicely:

Why should the government, or for that matter the church or anyone else, decide what it right or what is wrong.

So I want to ask Canadian fan and HBK-aholic, since they appear to be going in circles (it's like a Spirograph, you two, seriously) - are either of you in favor of laws regulating / restricting abortion? If so, in which cases?

No, I'm against restrictions in abortion laws aside from those which say the foetus has to be under 24 weeks. Who are we to decide what circumstances are 'good' enough for an abortion? Where do you draw the line? How do you 'police' this? For example, is not being able to afford a child a good enough reason to have an abortion? What if someone simply lied about their income to get an abortion they desperately wanted?

I'm sure abortions after rape would be top of many peoples list - yet all that would do is increase the amount of people who lie about the issue, as well as make it impossible to work in reality - very few rape cases are solved within the 5 months needed to gain an abortion, so how would we work that out?

There are reasons I really dislike for people choosing this road - for example, being too stupid to think of contraception, and having the procedure multiple times. But just because I dislike it, and think it's wrong, does everyone else have to? Of course not. This may be okay to some people. My whole reasoning for being pro-choice is allowing people to make their own decisions, so why would I now say that what I feel is more important than what others may feel?

HBK

I am not contradicting myself. If you can't understand why a "Raped" victim should be allowed to have the choice for abortion then this discussion is finished, since i've explained it already in this post on the 1st page that you probably didn't even read.

The reason why I accept the fact that if a woman was “raped” they can have a abortion, is because this is something that was not in control of the woman. I think then a woman has a right to make a choice if they want to keep a child from a man that raped her. These are different circumstances and in cases like these, I feel a woman should not be judged.

It’s a simple case of it depends on the circumstances, there has to be some sort of understanding when a woman has been raped and they choose to have a abortion.

I can't explain it, any clearer then that and if this contradicts myself then so be it. I still stand by that a Raped Victim should not be judged.

IrishCanadian25

To answer your question, I’m all for the law to have restrictions about Abortions. This could possibly help stop teens that go out there and have sex and then have a abortion and go back out to have sex again and get pregnant again.

Teen’s now, know that they can go out have sex and there isn’t any consequences. I do think though the restrictions need to be set on certain circumstances.

For instace if a Woman had sex without there consent and ended up pregnant, that should be a option, but if someone chooses to have sex and chooses not to use protection then I believe there has to be something against that since there is always “Adoption” available for the person if they don’t want to keep the child.

The way I see it, a baby that hasn't been born is purely innocent, they should not be punished for something that a non-responsible person has done.

HBK

I am not contradicting myself. If you can't understand why a "Raped" victim should be allowed to have the choice for abortion then this discussion is finished,

I've been arguing this since the start of the thread, and you think I don't understand?

The reason why I accept the fact that if a woman was “raped” they can have a abortion, is because this is something that was not in control of the woman. I think then a woman has a right to make a choice if they want to keep a child from a man that raped her. These are different circumstances and in cases like these, I feel a woman should not be judged.

It’s a simple case of it depends on the circumstances, there has to be some sort of understanding when a woman has been raped and they choose to have a abortion.

I can't explain it, any clearer then that and if this contradicts myself then so be it. I still stand by that a Raped Victim should not be judged.

I completely agree with this part. Wow I didn't think I'd say that here. At the end of the day it's a disgusting thing to happen and someone already going through that shouldn't be made to go through a pregnancy. Anyway, whilst I completely agree, I must ask - how do you think you can only give women who have been raped abortions? I've explained previously why I don't think it would work in real life, but I'd like to hear if you have any type of plan to combat the reasons I gave previously?

HBK

For the sole purpose of why should a innocent baby who did not ask to be Conceived be punished because of a person not being responsible or careful?

Someone has to defend the right to these babies to have a chance of living when they can't do it themselves.

They should not be punished because of pure idiotic people. Who don't know how to use protection or keep there legs closed.

Also because there is always "Adoption" for those that simply do not want to be parents. So every time someone gets pregnant because they are not careful they can have a abortion?

Kind of makes you wonder how many times "Prostitutes" ended up pregnant and have a abortion, i bet you about 3 or 4 times.

Also being pregnant can be prevented if those used proper precautions. If someone chooses not to use those precautions and knows the risks then you know what, i don't feel sorry for them at all

They don't have my sympathy.

HBK

For the sole purpose of why should a innocent baby who did not ask to be Conceived be punished because of a person not being responsible or careful?

Someone has to defend the right to these babies to have a chance of living when they can't do it themselves.

They should not be punished because of pure idiotic people. Who don't know how to use protection or keep there legs closed.

This isn't really what I asked, but I'll go with it. The thing you're assuming here is that abortions will stop if abortion becomes illegal. I don't think you realise just how desperate you have to be to consider an abortion, legally. And, when you grasp that, you will realise that many women will do anything to terminate that pregnancy - ending the life of not only the potential child, but also potentially that of the mother.

Also because there is always "Adoption" for those that simply do not want to be parents. So every time someone gets pregnant because they are not careful they can have a abortion?
Because, going from the figures posted earlier, 40 million abortions happen each year, legally or otherwise. Where are all those babies going to go?

Kind of makes you wonder how many times "Prostitutes" ended up pregnant and have a abortion, i bet you about 3 or 4 times.
First, I think it's important to recognise that people turn to prostitution for all types of reasons - whilst some are addicted to drugs, which I don't condone in any way, others are being forced into it, or are mothers/wives who need extra money for bills or Christmas presents. Do you think a child could really be brought up into that? I'm not saying abortion is the right thing to do here - but you can see why it would be very heavily considered.

Also being pregnant can be prevented if those used proper precautions. If someone chooses not to use those precautions and knows the risks then you know what, i don't feel sorry for them at all

They don't have my sympathy.

One thing to make clear here is that they don't have my sympathy either. In many circumstances I don't agree with people having an abortion - but at the end of the day it's safer with the laws as they are, currently. It wouldn't work any other way.

HBK

It is what you asked. You asked me why I think it’s ok for a person that was raped to have a abortion to a person that wasn’t raped and I answered.

It's not right that a innocent baby that did not ask to be coneived be punished because of a idiot who didn't use proper precaution when having sex.

I don’t think it will stop completely but I do think it will help if people know that there are consequences if you chose to have unprotected section. I’m not a idiot, I know it’s not going to stop everything but it will help.

This really bothers me when you say that a person is so desperate when they consider to have a abortion.

Because were they this desperate to have sex?

Again, there is “Adoption” for the last time. Your ignoring “Adoption”.

I don’t care why people turn to prostitution that isn’t really relevant to this situation. What is relevant is the fact that they chose to go out and have sex without using the proper precaution when there his help available to them.

I don’t care what the law says to be honest. I don’t have to agree with the Law and I don’t.

IrishCanadian25 said:
Until it comes to term, a fetus is a parasite, unable to survive without leeching off of the mother. If the mother stops eating, the baby stops eating. If the mother stops breathing, the baby stops breathing. This is why I never got worked up with the whole "abortion is murder" schtick.

All those points don't invalidate the fact that the fetus is a living human being. It's DNA is human and it is alive.

To all of those who are pro choice, when do you give the fetus rights? At what point does a a bunch of human cells become an actual human?

Here is a description of fetal development:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002398.htm

What criteria must be met for you to finally say that child has rights?

And what about late term abortion? The same arguments you have made for abortion in the first trimester can certainly be made for the third trimester?

Why should the government, or for that matter the church or anyone else, decide what it right or what is wrong

Because somebody has too, we can't live in a world were everyone gets to make up for themselves what is right and what is wrong, that would lead to anarchy.

Sure there is. Plenty of room in orphanages. And loads of funding too

There is an extremely high demand from couples who can't have kids to adopt newborns. Our orphanages and foster care homes are filled with kids who were in bad homes with bad parents or who have lost their parents. But if a woman decided to give her child up for adoption, there would be plenty of couples willing to adopt.

CanadianFan said:

But is the child any less innocent because the mother was raped then if she consented to sex. No one says the woman should be forced to care for the child or allow the rapist custody, but child could be put up for adoption. Your position is not consistent. In your first post you say:

My view about abortions are this. I think it depends on the circumstances. If a person was rapped or got pregnant without there consent, then I do believe they should have the option of having a abortion.

but then you say:

I think a child deserves the right to live, and there is always Adoption.

Rights are not contingent upon the actions of others, if they were, they would not be rights.

if someone chooses to have sex and chooses not to use protection then I believe there has to be something against that since there is always “Adoption” available for the person if they don’t want to keep the child.

About 54% of abortions in this country are had by women who used contraceptive the month of the abortion, women who were trying to be responsible.
see: http://www.contracept.org/abortifacient.php

HBK-aholic said:
As I've said, abortion, by a majority of women, isn't taken lightly. They know what they're doing, and feel awful about it for the rest of their lives. They just feel they couldn't have that child - for whatever reason.

47% of woman who have had an abortion have had at least 1 previous abortion so I guess your claim is technically true (since 47% is not a majority) but far too many women don't take this decision seriously.

You live in your little pro-life world where nothing bad ever happens and the only people who ever go for abortions are those teenagers who sleep around without using protection. Things like that ARE a big part of this debate as they are one of the biggest reasons for keeping abortion legal. Yet you seem to want to ignore it because it doesn't work for your argument. And you wonder why people have a problem with your stance?

About 1% of abortions are due to rape and about 6% of abortions are due to the health of the mother or fetus. Although 7% of millions of abortions is still a lot of abortions for seemingly justifiable reasons, they do not make up a large part of abortions as you seem to suggest.
see: http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/2411798.html

RockFan89

In case where a Woman is raped, they are both innocent. A woman should not be forced to have a baby that was conceived during a rape. That baby, will be a reminder to the parent all there life about how the baby was conceived.

HBK

It is what you asked. You asked me why I think it’s ok for a person that was raped to have a abortion to a person that wasn’t raped and I answered.

I was asking more how you think it would work - only allowing abortions in that one cirumstance?

I don’t think it will stop completely but I do think it will help if people know that there are consequences if you chose to have unprotected section. I’m not a idiot, I know it’s not going to stop everything but it will help.

This really bothers me when you say that a person is so desperate when they consider to have a abortion.

Because were they this desperate to have sex?

You're being too naive here. Do you really think abortion is taken lightly by a majority of women? I know some treat it as birth control, but to most, this is the biggest decision of their lives, and one which isn't taken lightly. When you look at all the negatives to abortion, common sense tells you someone must feel desperate to go through and risk them.

Again, there is “Adoption” for the last time. Your ignoring “Adoption”.

...How did I ignore adoption? I answered it in my last post. Seriously, how do you think I don't read posts? Here, I'll find it for you. In response to you mentioned adoption:

Because, going from the figures posted earlier, 40 million abortions happen each year, legally or otherwise. Where are all those babies going to go?

I don’t care why people turn to prostitution that isn’t really relevant to this situation. What is relevant is the fact that they chose to go out and have sex without using the proper precaution when there his help available to them.

You're not understanding my point - you think a baby would be better off being born to a drug addict/someone being forced into prostitution/a family who can't afford anything? I'm not saying people should have an abortion in these circumstances, but it is obviously going to be an option here.

In case where a Woman is raped, they are both innocent.

And will you STOP acting as if women are so fucking guilty for having sex! Seriously, how old are you?

Like I said, if that contradicts myself I really don’t give a damn because a raped person should not be forced to conceive, I thought we already went through this?

I believe a baby has the right to live, but not through a crime. How do u think that baby will feel when he finds out that he was conceived through rape?

Honestly HBK, I could care less what you think of me, if this means I’m contradicting myself then so be it. I still stand by it no matter what you say.

Also I think there should not be a option for them, they need to learn that when you have sex without precaution there are going to be consequences. Why can't you accept the fact that we just have different views in this?

47% of woman who have had an abortion have had at least 1 previous abortion so I guess your claim is technically true (since 47% is not a majority) but far too many women don't take this decision seriously.

The link doesn't work for me, so I can't speak on validity. However after doing my own research, the number is actually a third. Source - Times Online. That being said, I do agree the number is still too high, but I don't think it means people take it less seriously. Again, I know that some people DO use it as a method of birth control almost, but many still do see it as a big decision.

About 1% of abortions are due to rape and about 6% of abortions are due to the health of the mother or fetus. Although 7% of millions of abortions is still a lot of abortions for seemingly justifiable reasons, they do not make up a large part of abortions as you seem to suggest.
see: http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/2411798.html

There are no accurate statistics on how many abortions are being carried out due to rape. I've never said the percentage is high, my views are that even if it's only one person helped by this, it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back