Do Something With These Guys, And Not Give Them Squash Matches

Hunted-RKO

The United Kingdom Champion
Over the last month or so we have seen 3 new debuts, Ryback, Lord Tensai and most recently on smackdown, Antonio Cesaro. Im even going to include Brodus Clay. Anyway, since there debuts, they've just been giving squash victories week after week. The thing that is so ridiculous about this, is that the one with the most potential, Ryback, is going up against so called "Local Wrestlers" and beating them but is there anything coming out of it, or is he getting anywher with this? No. But anything could happen in the next weeks with the superstars watching him or whatever's going on. Then Lord Tensai, (A-Train), debuted and made quick work of competion. Then he beat John Cena, then i thought, yeah maybe now hes going to be put into a fued and be a big part of raw....But then, he goes back down to facing YOSHI TATSU? Seriously! The creative minds aint got no direction with Tensai at the moment. Same could be said for Brodus clay, made quick work of the his oppenants then went onto helping Santino to fend off Ziggler and Swagger. Then i thought they could start a fued here, but then he goes back down to tagging with HORNSWOGGLE!:wtf: . I just pray they dont the same with Antonio even thought i aint intrested in his shit with Aksana. Thoughts?

No I'm sick of people being rushed in with no direction and even less people caring about them. For example Ryback is getting people talking about future feuds titles etc same with Funkasaurus. When was the last time anyone talked about Mordechai, Kizarny etc like that.

I've said for a long time that there needs to be a squash show just to get people interested and to show themselves off. At the moment beating a Yoshi Tatsu is the equivalent to beating a Dusty Wolfe or Barry O where as if he had a squash show to appear on it would be more like beating a Koko B Were or a Boris Zukhov

Well let's look at who you mentioned one at a time:

Ryback - Did you not realize that they're doing these matches to make him look like a total beast and that they're succeeding?Seriously what better way is there to make a guy look like a dominant force than have him beat the living daylights out of a guy half his size. Once he's over he will be given other feuds.

Lord Tensai - Just came back from Japan and is most likely still getting used to the WWE style again as opposed to Japanese strong style. Also look at the guys he's faced since returning namely Yoshi and Tyson Kidd. These are two guys who are probably more than anyone else on the roster familiar with the Japanese style of wrestling and are probably helping Tensai to get back to what WWE is looking for. The match with John Cena was more than anything to take advantage of how he was being portrayed as a dominant force.

Antonio Cesaro - This guy literally debuted in ring this week and I wouldn't call that match a squash by any stretch. Even though the offense was mostly his Cesaro did not squash his opponent like Ryback does. Watch a Ryback and a Cesaro match back to back and you'll see the difference. Also what do you want from him after his first week? Instant World title feud with Sheamus?

Brodus Clay - How is he even on your list? Just because you don't like his storyline doesn't mean he's being degraded. Ziggler and Swagger are both huge stars in the midcard picture and Hornswoggle is, like it or not, the longest tenured guy of all four of them and obviously has done something right to stick around that long.

All four of these guys are doing fine and they will be used exactly as WWE sees fits. Since Triple H took more responsibility for a lot of the backstage stuff he has put a policy in place that says guys will not be brought up from FCW without a clear idea of what they will be doing in storylines. Trust me when I say that if these guys are on TV WWE has plans for them

Ryback - Really enjoying his squash matches at the moment. He looks like a BEAST. That clothesline on Smackdown was immense! Keep it going a little longer.

Lord Tensai - He has been getting back in the swing of things (the WWE way). Expect him in a feud shortly.

Brodus Clay - Not sure if WWE has faith in him at the moment to go a decent time in the ring. Example: squash matches and pairing him up in Tag Teams. Just needs a little work.

Antonio Cesaro - Only just debuted, not specifically a squash either. Brilliant in ring talent. He will get decent ring time probably before any of the others in this list. Very European.

I made a thread like this on the other forum I use too. Some of the reply's are that they are getting squash matches so they don't damage anyone on the roster.

what else is for them? they currently have the card filled with lame fueds and what not. I really want to see these dominate squash beating wrestler have a hard time in the ring versus a veteran. I thought it was going to happen vs dolph but that was a train wreck. I think tthey should try a new aproach and make these new comers face each other for and fued between themselves. It come be done to show dominance and a US/IC tittle match in the future, it would be a new aproach beside squash matches.

I think that WWE should continue to book them in squash matches until they think of a good feud for these guys. Having them dominate their opponents makes these guys look unstoppable and menacing. Though all three of the mentioned guys (Ryback, Brodus and Tensai) are quite different from each other, the end motive is to establish them as unbeatable forces.

At the end of the day, if the wrestler is able to get himself over then having him winning squash matches will not affect him much. Ask Sheamus.

Let's show some patience here. Three of the four guys mentioned have only been around for less than a month and one has had only one match. Why do you need them to get involved in big angles and competitive matches so soon? Let the fans become more familiar with them in these squash matches before stepping them up to tougher competition. They are pushing Ryback as a dominant force. How is that supposed to happen if he's not squashing people? If you start a guy of squashing lesser opponents it will create intrigue when he finally steps up to tougher competition. It's already happening in the case of the OP but he's just too overanxious. If you debut these guys against tough competition and have them struggle early why would anyone get on board with them as a serious threat? Besides their squash matches makes sense from a kayfabe point of view too. New guys need to start at the bottom and work their way up.

Well first off I have they are going to have a Tensia Punk fued coming up soon Via Justin LaBar. My first thought however was to have Tensia or Ryback come out and attack Brodus Clay while he is dancing after a match as if they are sick of his stupid gimmick. Start a fued in which neither could squash eachother so we can actually get some solid wrestling from these guys. Also at first Brodus and Santino were somewhat working for me as a comedic tag team but it seems they scratched that idea and are going with hornswoggle instead which is utterly ridiculous. Why not have Ryback go after someone like Orton? Or The Big Show for the IC title? What dominance is he really showing when they are putting him against guys not even on the roster?

Why not have Ryback go after someone like Orton? Or The Big Show for the IC title? What dominance is he really showing when they are putting him against guys not even on the roster?

"dominance, noun: the state that exists when one person or group has power over another."

You may not like it, but having him come in and basically dismantle the jobbers of FCW is exactly that: WWE building Sheffield...err, Ryback up to be a dominant machine. God forbid they actually build someone up before randomly pushing him into feuds with people like Orton or Big Show like you seem to suggest.

Besides, without these job matches how would we have discovered the future that is Barry Stevens or Benny Camer?

They should have kng of the ring tournament after extreme rules and have it come down to these 4. That would give them some stardom and build them up...aka stone cold style. Ryback vs Lord tensai anyone? With ryback after the defeat beat the hell out of him with the king gear...lol. Instantly propelling ryback.

As of right now, the squash matches these guys are put into serve a purpose.

For Ryback, the guy comes across as this super intense, highly energetic physical beast. Even though he's only doing squash matches right now, he's getting a good response from the crowds whenever he comes out and does his thing. Ryback is a genuine powerhouse and has a physically imposing & impressive presence. As a few others have mentioned, he hasn't even been in WWE for a month yet, but he's already getting decent responses.

As far as Tensai goes, WWE is also trying to establish Tensai as a monster. I find it kind of funny to hear people criticize this guy when this is EXACTLY the same sort of character that many of those same people were wanting to see happen with Brodus Clay. Tensai has wrestled squash matches and, overall, he's looked impressive. He had a good, solid match against John Cena a few weeks ago and scored a clean win, when you take into account that it was a no DQ match. How often do we see John Cena get beaten clean by a heel, especially on television? Again, Tensai has only been around for around a month, so it's early.

Speaking of Brodus Clay, some might not like his current storyline but, let's face it, it's gotten him over. Clay consistently gets a strong pop whenever he comes out and does his thing. The only thing I'm not crazy about is how they've used Dolph Ziggler in the manner they have as far as his feud with Clay goes. I'd have no problem with Swagger, but Ziggler has far too much to add from an overall perspective to be wasted in this way.

As for Antonio Cesaro...the man just made his WWE debut match 2 days ago for Christ's sake. There also looks to be something of a storyline already set in place for him, possibly as an associate of Big Johnny. After all, he did have a "meeting" with JL to discuss things and JL said that he'd "hire" Cesaro this past Friday if he won over Tyson Kidd.

Ryack- He either has the best execution on the planet or the guys he is facing can sell better than anyone. The point of Rybacks squash matches are to establish his reputation and its working. Ryback will be ready within the month for something a bit more serious. I kinda what him to face Rhodes.

Lord Tensai- Seems kinda lost right now. i honestly have no idea were he will end up. But his squashes are kinda irrelevant now. once you get invloedd in a big feud, espically one with John Cena , your at the point of no return. Look to have him stop squashing soon.

Brodus Clay- I think WWE got lost with him. Brodus has no real direction anymore, he just seems to be transitioning from match to match. Maybe Brodus vs. Tensai? idk I dont know if its even the same situation in terms of squashing as Tensai and Ryback.

Antonio: honestly? He's only had one match, fuck him for now.

I do see your point, but the real problem is that there is so much of it happening all at once, sort of a overkill.

My only problem with what Jack-Hammer and Brain are saying is that Brodus does not need to be a part of it any longer. Granted, his match with Miz wasn't a squash, but at the same time, he had no business winning that match. And Brodus isn't a monster, it's supposed to be a fun gimmick.

Ryback probably shouldn't be in anything other than squashes. Plus they've put a new spin on the squash by showing wrestlers excited to watch in the back. The crowd isn't into it though, mocking him with the "GOLDBERG" chants.

Tensai has been used as a monster but put in a more prominent role so I'm not sure the complaint there.

Castagnoli isn't really in squashes.

Funkasaurus has been in longer matches against Ziggler and Swagger for about a month now.

I don't think you know what a squash is. I also don't think you'd like "the good ol days" because back then, most matches were squashes.

Cesaro's matches are kind of squashes. They're short, and the opponent gets minimal to no offense. And because Cesaro is not a powerhouse like the other guys, the opponents kind of look weaker as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back