• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do People Care About Brock Lesnar?

I_Like_All_Wrestling

Championship Contender
Do people care all that much about Brock Lesnar?

I'm not sure. By that, I mean is it really a big deal when he's in a match? Personally I do like watching him wrestle, but he doesn't really hold any allure to me. He's lost the "oh my god he's the UFC title holder" aura and we all know that anytime he's announced for a match, we'll only see him maybe 3 times before he's gone for months again. Even him beating the Undertaker was seemingly wasted. I don't think it'll draw a year later all that much. He's not The Rock who has a better connection and longer history with fans.

He's going to fight John Cena at Summerslam. Do we care? If he wins, then we'll probably see an absent champion until either the Rumble or Wrestlemania. If he loses, then it's just another loss until he's played up as being unstoppable again.

So, I ask again, while me might like seeing him wrestle, do we actually care?

Everyone else seems to. He beat the streak, that has added whatever allure he lost IMO.

Cena/Lesnar is a huge money match. Brock Lesnar is Brock Lesnar and so whoever he's against it immediately becomes a money match.

People care about Brock Lesnar.

More often than not, he receives a strong reaction, when he pops up again after another long hiatus, and Lesnar still has plenty of gas left in the tank as a part time special attraction, because he's capable of delivering high quality matches.

Heyman deserves a lot of credit for Brock's fandom, as Brock's mouthpiece and his "advocate." Heyman constantly hypes up and reminds us about his "client" week after week, and if we're talking about Brock as a person, Brock Lesnar is someone, who's transparent and he doesn't hide his true motivations. He's a mercenary, who's out for money and big paychecks, and he doesn't have genuine passion or respect for pro wrestling.

I sincerely believe the fans still pop for and support Lesnar, because they respect the brutal and blunt honesty from Lesnar without any smoke and mirrors. And it's amped up to another level, when Lesnar is going against someone like John Cena, because we all know Cena's detractors view him as a corny and phony creation for the kiddies. It's cool to root for the bad guy, and Brock is a ruthless and cold-hearted bad ass, who delivers in the ring.

Of course, a lot of the "BROCK'S BACK IN WWE!!!" excitement wore off after 2012, but that's inevitable, and if we're being honest, the same thing happened to The Rock after a while. But in the grand scheme of things, the fans still care about Lesnar.

I don't think people care about the streak being broken as much as we thought they would because it is widely believed that Taker was close to being done anyway. So the heat died down pretty quickly, which is why Heyman has to bring up the fact that the streak has been conquered, repeatedly and even when he does that I don't really hear that many boo's because I don't think people care about the streak anymore, in hindsight. Had Brock made Taker tap or pass out or ended the streak a year or two sooner when Taker wasn't so washed up he may have got more heat but as of now I don't think many people care about it.

I think Rusev and Lana are the top heels at the moment. I heard them being booed more than Brock and Heyman a couple of weeks ago on Raw when Heyman set Plan C into action. What they need to do to make Brock and Paul the top heels again is to put the title on Brock and not have him lose it until WM. Just have him defend it once in a while on major PPV's such as Survivor Series or the Royal Rumble and destroy anyone that gets in his way. Have Heyman taunt the authority about how he is in charge due to the fact that his client is the champion and that there is nothing even the authority can do about it and perhaps have the authority join forces with Reigns in order to take out the bigger threat and bring the title back home. This will make Lesnar look strong and also restore some credibility to the world title while giving enough time to let the midcard titles shine and come back into relevance.

I think so, but I think his part time status is hurting him pretty badly. I mean, he defeats the streak and pisses everyone off, so how do they capitalize on that? Allowing him to go on a hiatus. If he feuded with Cena in May, I think people would've totally supported Cena because of that alone. But now the heat has died off and fans almost seem to want to watch Lesnar crush him. If anything, they used Brock's heat to push Cesaro as a heel, which I think was a mistake.

However, I dont think anyone should care about Lesnar Vs Cena right now. At least Undertaker Vs Lesnar and even Big Show Vs Lesnar had some good confrontations to give hype to their match. Lesnar continues to only appear sporadically and now Cena is taking time off to film his movie RIGHT BEFORE THE BIG MATCH AT SUMMERSLAM. It gives the impression, in story, that neither side is completely taking the other seriously.

In all seriousness I do. Brock's a favorite of mine, I know a lot of people don't like him but if they read his book they know he doesn't hate wrestlings as much as the internet thinks. He respects the business it just wasn't for him. But Brock's a badass, when he returns he makes it memorable, and gets a good reaction. He's had some great matches since returning (punk and cena), and he is a draw no doubt. So yea I think they care

I can't speak for everyone but I care about Brock Lesnar, I mean before SummerSlam all I read were comments from fans anticipating who Brock Lesnar would face once he returned. There is a different type of buzz whenever Brock Lesnar wrestles, the same buzz that occurred whenever he was about to step foot into the octagon. I think if he were put in more refreshing feuds/matches, fans would care more, his match with CM Punk was one of the most talked about matches in a long time but his match with Triple H at WrestleMania 29 was one of the lesser discussed matches featuring Lesnar. A lot of factors come into play but I would say Brock Lesnar is one of the most relevant talents the WWE has and generates enough buzz to draw fans worldwide.

I care about Brock Lesnar. He's a part timer who doesn't speak yet he's more interesting than every heel on the WWE roster. Hell being a part timer isn't even a knock. It's part of his appeal. I like when they hold stuff back. I like that I don't see him every week. The fact is that the last time Lesnar and Cena hooked up it was an amazing match. Complaining about a re-match to a match that was #1 out freaking standing and #2 over two years ago makes absolutely no sense.

I think this is the problem here :p people who typically boo the villains are: casual fans, young fans and people who actually boo who they're supposed to xD the people who don't like the faces are usually: die hard fans or internet fans( I know they mesh into one at some points but I mean die hard as in they've been watching for decades). Here's the problem, Lesnar is the bad guy...Paul Heyman is his manager who for whatever reason is absolutely loved by the IWC. So now you have a guy who has a reason for everyone to hate him...with a guy who half the audience loves ><

In essence this hurts Lesnar as a heel. Right now WWE has this problem, and it's a legitimate problem in my eyes. For instance Orton, he can be booed and he can be cheered! Lesnar is in that boat right now due to this. Some fans hate him but some love him! People care about Lesnar...but they more care for Lesnar. Which is funny because without Heyman he'd have nothing aside from a UFC past xP

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I don't really care for Brock Lesnar. It's hard for me to invest any energy into this match because according to everyone, he's just gonna come in "conquer" and leave. Hard to connect and follow someone who rarely shows up to perform. Heyman does his best job at promoting the "beast incarnate", but at some point Brock has to perform on a more regular basis. Especially if he's gonna go over at SummerSlam.

In Role Models, the kid who plays McLovin says about Coca-Cola, "I like the idea of it more than I actually like it."

That's exactly how I feel about Brock Lesnar. He seems like a big deal when he's not around, but I stop caring the second he returns. I like to think other people feel that way too but he's never there long enough for you to get a good read on the situation.

The funny thing about Brock Lesnar is most fans wouldn't have labeled him a part-timer in decades past. Before 1993, the Big 4 pay-per-views were the only mega-shows, outside of an occasional special. It was WWE that increased to 12 pay-per-views to 1995.

Lesnar is WWE's carnival attraction and shouldn't be overexposed. WWE's decision to put on so many shows per week, month, and year is not Lesnar's problem.

The Rock keeps his shine because of his rare/intermittent appearances. The Undertaker only shows up during WrestleMania season. John Cena's televised matches have basically been cut in half.

Their returns matter. They become relevant instantly. The same goes for Brock Lesnar.

I still care about Lesnar's matches because he brings a sense of realism to them. I like to suspend disbelief now and then. Nobody in today's WWE is as stiff and violent as the Beast.

I'm looking forward to his match with John Cena. Hope it'd be a good one.

They released a very good promo video last night on RAW.

I get that people are against the whole "part timer" thing. It just doesn't bother me. I like the "big fight feel" that comes along w/ having Brock involved only a handful of times a year.

And I really don't care that he isn't "one of the boys" and doesn't work 300 days a year like they do. Those guys aren't Brock Lesnar. If they want to try to leave the company, make a bigger name for themselves outside of the business, and then return w/ the credentials to dictate their schedule, all the power to them.

And the guy is legit. He jumps off the screen and you know that he's not just a guy playing the part of a bad-ass.

So, boxing and UFC usually only have each performer go once, MAYBE twice in a year. Brock's whole gimmick is that he's a "real" fighter, like UFC. It only makes sense that his character only fights as often as a UFC fighter.

I like him, and I'm always a fan when he shows up.

And the guy is legit. He jumps off the screen and you know that he's not just a guy playing the part of a bad-ass.

That says it all. Who has Brock Lesnar's credentials? Who else has dominated in legitimate, unfixed competition like Brock Lesnar? He is the most credible brawler in all of wrestling. The only guy with credentials as impressive as Brock is Kurt Angle.

Lesnar is a big deal. Lesnar is a draw. And with his win over the Deadman, Lesnar has entered "special attraction" status in the mold of Andre the Giant and the Ultimate Warrior.

I care about Brock Lesnar and I'm sure there are legions of fans that also care about him. He has his fans that respect and appreciate what he does in wrestling and in MMA. He has his haters, but they don't understand that Brock is without a doubt a once in a lifetime athlete. He's worked hard for his life's accomplishments and overcame very dangerous and life-threatening situations. If you haven't read his biography, I highly suggest that you do. It's a very compelling read.

Also, when he talks, notice how everyone goes quiet. When he talks, you listen, regardless of lack of mic skills people thinks he has.

I care about Brock Lesnar. The reason why it's always a big moment when Lesnar shows up is because he only has to wrestle 3-4 times per year. The mere fact that he only shows up that many times makes him a draw. He shows up and you know something big is going to happen. His first appearance back he takes out John Cena. Since then he has gone through people like Triple H and Undertaker. How would you not care about that? He now has two WrestleMania moments (a botched shooting star press and being the one behind twenty-one and one). This guy is presented as a legit star and should be treated as such. Whether you care or not is just an opinion. But as long as WWE pays Lesnar big money to show up, he will keep doing so.

I've always liked Brock since he debuted in the WWF back in 2002..He's an obvious genetic freak of an athlete who is being used perfectly..He shows up every few months and destroys people..Whether he F5s his victim and breaks his streak or "breaks" his opponent's arm, he's always made it look legit because of his past as a UFC fighter and as a world class amateur wrestler..People should just appreciate what Lesnar brings to the table instead of bitching that he doesn't wrestle house shows and show up at every Smackdown/Raw taping.

Speaking of his match with Cena, it'd be a perfect ending to see Cena stretched out of Los Angeles with 10 year old kids crying..Now that'd get Brock over even more than he is already..

I don't really care all that much.

I've never been a major Lesnar fan, though I've enjoyed some of his matches and he can always play the streak card for future angles.

But, I want a World Champion that's going to be present on most if not all shows if he doesn't actually compete.

But am I all that fussed? Not really as I don't watch enough WWE to invest in it!

Definitely.

He's not uber charismatic, but he has the presence of someone you'd legitimately be afraid of. You really believe he's a bully/beast who can't be stopped. I almost wish that his current run was taking place in the Attitude Era/early 2000's because I know that they'd be doing a lot more creative things to make him seem like a monster.

The UFC legitimacy and success + Paul Heyman's mic work + his intensity in the ring makes for a very unique enigma surrounding Brock.

With the exception of John Cena a couple of years ago, nobody's really stopped Brock Lesnar since his return. Hell, even during his first run in WWE from 2002 through 2004, nobody seemed to really "stop" him. He did lose a few matches, but what people remember to a FAR greater degree are the matches he won. Lesnar beat a young John Cena during his run, he beat The Hardy Boys, Edge, Rob Van Dam, The Rock, Big Show, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan and The Undertaker all decisively in big matches.

Do people "care" about Lesnar in the same way they do about someone like Daniel Bryan, Cena, Taker, etc. in the sense that he's someone with a genuine love for wrestling? Absolutely not because one thing about John Cena's promo last week on Raw is true in that Brock Lesnar is someone that has no real passion. He's genuinely a mercenary who does as little work as possible for the most money he can get. I'm not knocking the guy for that, don't misunderstand me, because it shows that he's a very savvy businessman that knows he brings a lot to the table. As a fan, however, I'd be lying if I said it didn't irk me to some degree to see him get such royal treatment over guys who've busted their asses for years and devoted their lives to the business. I know that it's just business and what's best for business sometimes, no pun intended I promise, isn't always fair. Like most of us, I've been raised with the notion that hard work and dedication is supposed to be rewarded and it's a genuinely positive feeling when someone dedicated and hard working makes good and is rewarded for that effort. I think it's part of the reason why so many rallied around Daniel Bryan, especially that he didn't have a good number of the image qualities we've come to expect out of a top tier level talent.

People care about Brock Lesnar in the sense that he's someone that's genuinely easy to dislike personally and as a heel wrestling character. I've seen some footage taken last week of an awkward interaction with Lesnar and a fan at an airport where Lesnar behaved like a complete ass. Lesnar isn't someone that's particularly charismatic, he often comes off as somebody that's not particularly likeable for that matter. I don't know how much of it's genuine and how much of it is just part of an image, but it works. In Lesnar, we see someone that's genuinely, physically gifted, someone who essentially has had huge sums of money handed to him on a silver platter whether in pro wrestling or mixed martial arts, has no real love or passion for anything except getting as much as he possibly can, is the one who ended The Undertaker's 21-0 undefeated streak at WrestleMania and, and this is really the kicker, MIGHT be someone that deserves such preferential treatment when you consider that he's able to deliver. It's easy to resent someone like that, even if you're not entirely justified to do so, but you still feel that way. It really is something along the lines of an old school heel before everybody knew for a 100% fact that pro wrestling was "fake" and that the personas of the wrestlers were really just that, fictional personas. As a result, you care about Lesnar in that you wanna see him get taken down several pegs. But, there's a part of you that relishes the notion of seeing him get his ass kicked but, in this particular situation, I think most people would rather see just about anybody else but John Cena, Randy Orton or Triple H be the one to "kick" Lesnar's ass.

Hey guys, miss me? No...you didn't. ):

Honestly, I really do not care about Brock Lesnar's WWE persona. It's too boring for me to care. If he were a brute in an entertaining way (Sheamus, Ryback, Mark Henry etc), then I'd be into it. However instead, the most entertaining aspect of Lesnar, is Paul Heyman. Everything that Lesnar brings to the table, is in his matches...(which I usually find very sloppy and "tryhardish" albeit entertaining in spurts).

You don't have to be a genius on the mic but if you're portraying a badass big-guy of few words, you have to be able to string a couple of sentences or catchphrases together as a believable badass. The words on Lesnar's shirt are more entertaining than him. This is why I don't believe that a manager can usually save a talent that sucks on the mic. The wrestler still has to be able to deliver believability on the mic as long as he's not supposed to be a mute. It makes sense for The Great Khali or old-school Kane to need a manager but with Brock it's just, "Well clearly you need Heyman because we know you don't have bass in your voice, you're garbage at remembering your lines, and you fail at even yelling like a tough guy".

Outside of the F5 and looking like a badass, his fictional persona is nothing short of lazy on his part and possibly the writers. Anyone who's been involved in this business for this long and still sucks at getting the crowd involved, is more often than not, uninterested.

It would seem the vast majority of people care about Lesnar now more than ever. At least in the wrestling world anyway. The guy did what 21 (ok more like 18) guys couldn't do and it was something nobody ever thought would happen. Brock ending the streak is still talked about now just as much as it was after it happened. I know a lot of people were just waiting all summer for Lesnar to return as essentially the WWE was on auto pilot for a good majority after Mania with the exception of the Shield disbanding.

Most people just want to see Lesnar snap Cena in half and he's going to get some strong support in their match at Summerslam. Lesnar will win the title, work Night of Champions and if he does hold onto the title and leaves so fucking what? People bitch on here all the time that champions at the time get stale and are begging for a title change. Just means creative will have to be, well, creative and come up with some other ways to draw interest with the World Champion around. Heyman can keep showing up and hyping Lesnar, we will still have all the guys we did when Lesnar was gone and it didn't matter. It will be fine and if Lesnar goes on a dominant rampage which he should and people are wondering and hoping he will lose (think Honkey Tonk Man on an infintely larger scale), which will build up Reigns, Ambrose, whoever they decide to overthrow him and all will be right in the end.

Definitely.

He's not uber charismatic, but he has the presence of someone you'd legitimately be afraid of. You really believe he's a bully/beast who can't be stopped. I almost wish that his current run was taking place in the Attitude Era/early 2000's because I know that they'd be doing a lot more creative things to make him seem like a monster.

The UFC legitimacy and success + Paul Heyman's mic work + his intensity in the ring makes for a very unique enigma surrounding Brock.

I think Lesnar's current booking as been pretty good. In the attitude era he would have lost to Austin on his first night just like the Big Show did. Then he would go on to squash a few guys to build him back up. Then he would job to Austin on a bigger show. Then he would trade wins with the Rock. Then he would have a threesome with Mae Young and the Fabulous Moolah on live television before being repackaged as Skippy the insane paper boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back