Diva's division. Is it really a division?

Navi

With the safety off!!
For the last few weeks since Mania, we've seen AJ Lee retire, and Paige go off to film a movie. That leaves the Bella's, Naomi and Nattie to carry the division. So let's face it the Diva's division, if it can even be called that, is in a shambles.

For no apparent reason other than she got her panties in a bunch they turn Naomi heel. That automatically made the Bella twins turn face, as there were no faces for any of them to feud with. The only face is off being Santa's Little Helper. Nattie does wrestle at times, but is mostly seen as part of Kidd and Cesaro now.

Where are all the other Diva's? The division hasn't been stellar in a long time, but just down to 4 Diva's is a bit ridiculous. Yes they brought back Tamina and she's paired with Naomi, but aren't we all getting sick of the same Diva's match week in and week out.

Why aren't they calling up Charlotte and maybe Bayley from NXT? I can't think of a better time than now. Not only would it shake up the division as a whole, it would give the NXT girls a good footing on the main roster. Part of the problem when they do call NXT guys up, is the fact they have to try and fit them in on a roster that's already full of talent. With the Diva's there isn't anyone, and Charlotte especially can come in and stake her claim.

The WWE are trying to fix the tag team division by bringing up the Lucha Dragons and pairing up Harper and Rowan again. It seems they care more about the drama on Total Diva's than they do actually having the girls wrestle. I don't know, but we need new talent in this division, and they have it ready made at NXT. Why they haven't already brought Charlotte up is a mystery. It has been said that the Bella's want to leave and not renew their contract's. Don't know how true that is, but if they do leave, you go from having a problem on your hands to a catastrophe.

It has been said that the Bella's want to leave and not renew their contract's. Don't know how true that is, but if they do leave, you go from having a problem on your hands to a catastrophe.

Having the Bella's leave might be the best thing that can happen, as it would force the company either to fully address the Diva division, possibly initiating an entire re-design.......or scrapping the division altogether and reassigning the remaining gals to act as valets for the guys. Oy.

Regrettably, I've watched NXT only a few times and have yet to see Charlotte perform. Is she ready to work on the main roster.....or would it be a desperation move on the part of Triple H (or whoever else makes the decisions for the divas)?

Where's Layla? Where's Alicia? I can understand leaving Rosa out of the plans; she's the worst diva at working a match (which is really saying something).

I want WWE to bring in someone from outside the company; someone who would work through the roster of women and really stir something up.

I want Mickie James.

For the last few weeks since Mania, we've seen AJ Lee retire, and Paige go off to film a movie. That leaves the Bella's, Naomi and Nattie to carry the division. So let's face it the Diva's division, if it can even be called that, is in a shambles.

For no apparent reason other than she got her panties in a bunch they turn Naomi heel. That automatically made the Bella twins turn face, as there were no faces for any of them to feud with. The only face is off being Santa's Little Helper. Nattie does wrestle at times, but is mostly seen as part of Kidd and Cesaro now.

Where are all the other Diva's? The division hasn't been stellar in a long time, but just down to 4 Diva's is a bit ridiculous. Yes they brought back Tamina and she's paired with Naomi, but aren't we all getting sick of the same Diva's match week in and week out.

Why aren't they calling up Charlotte and maybe Bayley from NXT? I can't think of a better time than now. Not only would it shake up the division as a whole, it would give the NXT girls a good footing on the main roster. Part of the problem when they do call NXT guys up, is the fact they have to try and fit them in on a roster that's already full of talent. With the Diva's there isn't anyone, and Charlotte especially can come in and stake her claim.

The WWE are trying to fix the tag team division by bringing up the Lucha Dragons and pairing up Harper and Rowan again. It seems they care more about the drama on Total Diva's than they do actually having the girls wrestle. I don't know, but we need new talent in this division, and they have it ready made at NXT. Why they haven't already brought Charlotte up is a mystery. It has been said that the Bella's want to leave and not renew their contract's. Don't know how true that is, but if they do leave, you go from having a problem on your hands to a catastrophe.

Well, I've stopped caring about the Divas division in WWE from the time when AJ Lee retires. It's not that I'm a fanboy of AJ Lee or I think she ran the division. I read something on the main page, an interview, in which a former creative head quoted what the current creative team's verdict on the divas division.

In their perspective, divas are just a bunch of wild jealousy and crazy cats, and apparently there are no faces or heels in that division, and they just mate up with guys and do stuffs!

What would I expect from the Divas division after reading this? Let Charlotte, Bayley or whoever it maybe, be stay in NXT..

Cheers!!

The Division is in shambles indeed! With AJ Gone (Sniffles) and Paige making a movie Naomim,and the Bellas are all thats left truly.. We need more competition Charlotte,and Sasha Banks may not be ready quite yet but the divas division is sorely lacking right now..

Yes we have Natalya but nothing has been done with her in quite some time.. Is Mickie James hiding out as a Free Agent somewhere? She would be a breath of fresh air and would be bring instant credibility to a wrecked division..

The Bellas are there for eye candy only lets face facts on that one.. Obviously their contracts got worked out as they're still on the roster doing their thing.. I loved Awesome Kong but unfortunate uncircumstances really derailed her before she could ever get her feet off the ground.. My understanding is,she has lost quite a bit of weight and i feel she could be a force in the WWE divas division..

I wouldn't mind having melina back as well.. Or we can bring back Maryse

Regrettably, I've watched NXT only a few times and have yet to see Charlotte perform. Is she ready to work on the main roster.....or would it be a desperation move on the part of Triple H (or whoever else makes the decisions for the divas)?

Where's Layla? Where's Alicia? I can understand leaving Rosa out of the plans; she's the worst diva at working a match (which is really saying something).

Charlotte is great in the ring, and when she lost the title to Sasha Banks I thought we would see her on the main roster sooner rather than later. Even though she's worked some house shows, she hasn't made her debut yet. She would bring a breath of fresh air, and also be someone to be reckoned with.

Layla I heard is going to be doing something on Tough Enough, and have no idea where Alicia Fox or Summer Rae are. Cameron can stay on Total Diva's she's an epic fail, don't know how she still has a job.

The Division is in shambles indeed! With AJ Gone (Sniffles) and Paige making a movie Naomim,and the Bellas are all thats left truly.. We need more competition Charlotte,and Sasha Banks may not be ready quite yet but the divas division is sorely lacking right now..

Yes we have Natalya but nothing has been done with her in quite some time.. Is Mickie James hiding out as a Free Agent somewhere? She would be a breath of fresh air and would be bring instant credibility to a wrecked division..

The Bellas are there for eye candy only lets face facts on that one.. Obviously their contracts got worked out as they're still on the roster doing their thing.. I loved Awesome Kong but unfortunate uncircumstances really derailed her before she could ever get her feet off the ground.. My understanding is,she has lost quite a bit of weight and i feel she could be a force in the WWE divas division..

I wouldn't mind having melina back as well.. Or we can bring back Maryse

There were rumours that Maryse was coming back, but she hasn't shown up yet, and it might just have been wishful thinking. Kong in back in TNA and doing quite well in the Knockout division with Gail Kim. I can't see her wanting to come back to the Diva's division as it is.

And with the Bella's I think their contract is up this summer. I had read a report they weren't renewing it, and didn't they say as much on that Total Diva's show. Total Diva's is filmed in advance so they'll still be there, but Brie wants to be a mom, and with Daniel Bryan on the shelf she might want to stay home. Nikki Bella wants to branch out into other entertainment areas.

The Diva's division has created a lot of social and political unrest within the company and the fan base. The AJ Lee / Steph twitter thing and the CM Punk chants. The drama that carries over from Total Divas. The constant allegations of sexism. etc...

Women's wrestling used to be just as legit as the men's, you know with actual wrestling. Changing them into sex symbols during the attitude era really messed it up.
I hindsight, the worst idea of the attitude era was having Sable and the rest go practically naked just to get more teenage boys watching.

This division always has been and always will be screwed up.

First off all the divas are utter garbage. The booking is horrific as most matches last a whopping 2 minutes. SMH.

And btw...Mickie James is in TNA in a major storyline with her baby daddy Magnus. I doubt she's leaving anytime soon, especially to be a part of the trainwreck that is the Divas.

TNA's knockouts division is currently outstanding. Tarryn Terryl, Velvet Skyy, Mickie James, Awesome Kong, Gail King, The Doll House, Madison Rayne, Jessica Havok, Brooke and Angelina Love. That's some serious talent and much more enjoyable than watching a 2 minute diva's match.

You WWE marks/fan boys are missing out. You can keep your no talent Bellas. Namomi is the worst heel ever, smiling and laughing.....Lol....she looks stupid intstead of menacing. Horrific booking in the divas divison currently.

The divas division isn't in shambles at all, the way they're booked it.

Firstly, why are Nikki & Brie faces? They've been bitches over the past 8 months or so, now because Naomi attacked Paige we're supposed to cheer for them? Poor booking.

Charlotte and Bayley are waiting in the ranks, yes, but Sasha Banks will be the next one called up I think, she's ready to make the step up.
WWE have plenty of divas, Paige, Nikki, Brie, Naomi, Tamina, Alicia Fox, Natalya and let's not overlook Summer Rae who when wrestles is improving every match.

Eva Marie is another one who has been taking her role seriously as she's been training with Brian Kendrick to get up to standard and be taken seriously as a diva/superstar. There are plenty of possibilities, which makes me wonder why we had to watch Nikki/Paige/AJ Lee just rotate the title picture for months on end. Maybe WWE sees them as the top draws, I don't know.

Natalya is long overdue a titlerun, but I'd like to see Naomi given the green light for a title reign, I think with her new attitude now is the perfect time to pull the trigger.

I remember an old episode of Star Trek TNG where Dr. Crusher is stuck in a simulation where she's the only person aware that the universe is shrinking and with it crew members of the Enterprise. The Diva's Division is a world that can suddenly shrink down to a handful of performers, and everyone behaves as if it's this thriving populace of performers.

I really don't like the Bellas. Their gimmick is that they're the Bellas, that's it. At least Naomi is branching out as Kanye West's evil younger sister. I give kudos to Nikki for landing on her own knees to do her finisher, she'll be regretting that in a couple years but for now it's a strong message that she's a serious performer. I've just never understood why the Bellas are made to be as bland as C-Span and yet the women working in NXT are allowed to display a mildly convincing amount of emotion.

A thousand times Amen for that point. There's so few women in the Diva's division. Would it really hurt their three hour long show to have maybe TWO Diva's matches on the card? Maybe two separate storylines taking place? I personally think that they could call up Bayley, Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss. Also, I really hope that Lana is learning the ropes so maybe she can ride the wave of hype that the crowd is investing in her.

I feel like emphasizing again; Raw is three hours of what can often be tear inducing boredom. I think the Diva's division would be a little more interesting if it wasn't just the same players running around. Let Charlotte and Natty have a feud based on whose legendary kin is the most significant, I think that would be a little more fun than women who are angry just because.

Agreed. I despise the Diva's division and found myself rolling my eyes whenever anyone complained that AJ or Paige should be champ instead of Nikki, because WWE relied on them soooooo much that I grew bored of the two best female wrestlers. Now that they are currently gone, only the Bella's and Naomi seem to exist, with everyone else being valets...

I don't think smarks would hate the Bella's as much if they were male and no, I'm not calling smarks sexist. The Bella's aren't as bad as anyone claims they are, but in a "division" where only 2-4 people are allowed any amount of screen-time, there are more deserving performers. I'd rather see Natalya go for the belt instead of apparently giving up on her dreams and using her career to support her quasi-abusive husband whom we are supposed to like now...

Ugh, Naomi is not a good heel. Nikki is an even worse face. The 'division' sucks.

At this point, how many Divas do you need really? They get one segment that lasts 8 minutes if they're lucky, and that's the way it's been for a while. If you have, say, 8 Divas on the roster, what do you do with them? There is no chance of all of them being utilized unless we get ANOTHER Battle Royal, and who the hell wants to see another one of those. I mean, I understand that we're down to 4 girls, but it really wouldn't make a difference if there were 10. Why? Because the same 4 will be spotlighted and the other 6 will either be used to job or won't even be on TV.

Which brings up another point. How good will Charlotte, Shasha Banks, Becky Lynch, etc. look when they suddenly have to work a match in 5 minutes instead of 20? People can say the Divas division is trash, but they get no time to do anything.Give Nikki and Nattie 20 minutes and I guarantee they could put together a really great match. Anyway, the Diva's division shouldn't be labeled a division because it's not. One match a week can't constitute a division.

I've mentioned this before and am mentioning it again. WWE needs to give appropriate time to every division. There is another thing that less number of divas are relevant. There are very few divas spectators seem to care about. It can be called filler. It is just there to fill 10 minutes on a three hour show. They should give 1 hour for the main event buildup. 45 minutes for the mid-card belts. 45 minutes for the tag team and divas division. Rest of the 30 minutes are commercial and other filler stuffs. Only this is the way they could deliver better shows. Well, I'm not expecting awesome shows every week from WWE but the Divas deserve exposure time. Since we have started raising our voices, they have started working on tag team and mid-card division and I'm glad to know that those titles are about to be defended inside the chamber.

At this point, how many Divas do you need really? They get one segment that lasts 8 minutes if they're lucky, and that's the way it's been for a while. If you have, say, 8 Divas on the roster, what do you do with them? There is no chance of all of them being utilized unless we get ANOTHER Battle Royal, and who the hell wants to see another one of those. I mean, I understand that we're down to 4 girls, but it really wouldn't make a difference if there were 10. Why? Because the same 4 will be spotlighted and the other 6 will either be used to job or won't even be on TV.

I think you need more than 4 Diva's to showcase, 5 when Paige returns. Maybe if we had more than we do, then it wouldn't be so painful to watch. I mean how sick did we all get of AJ and Paige week trading the title back and forth. Now it's the Bella's and Naomi. The WWE doesn't seem to realize that building a division around the same group, who are shit to begin with might not be a very good idea.

Which brings up another point. How good will Charlotte, Shasha Banks, Becky Lynch, etc. look when they suddenly have to work a match in 5 minutes instead of 20? People can say the Divas division is trash, but they get no time to do anything.Give Nikki and Nattie 20 minutes and I guarantee they could put together a really great match. Anyway, the Diva's division shouldn't be labeled a division because it's not. One match a week can't constitute a division.

I think the girls you mentioned will be phenomenal once they are given the green light. And if I get to watch a 20 minute match between Charlotte and Banks, which will outshine most of the matches on the main roster that's fine with me. It will be an embarrassment to the guys in the back, but hey let the girls from NXT show what they can do.

Nattie I think could put on a good long match. Nikki well, not so sure. I don't think she's ever worked a match that long. When you have a spin off show called Total Diva's, then logic would dictate that you're female division would be of some importance to you. As usual logic within the WWE is rarer than a photograph of Bigfoot.

The Divas division is fine. You got a new face in Naomi competing for the title instead of the same Paige/AJ/Nikki match ups. Tamina, another Diva who never won the Divas championship.

Is it that mainstream wrestling audiences aren't interested in women's matches, or is it that the mainstream operates from that assumption making it a self-fulfilling prophecy? I don't know. All the IWC 'piss break' crowd love Sasha Banks though, so there's obviously some potential for women's wrestling that can be enjoyed.

The vehicle for the divas division is Total Divas, and I understand why that is the case. However, Total Divas, being a 'reality' show, showcases a completely different aspect. Women wrestlers are never going to get the mic time required to flaunt their characters the way that show lets them, so the obvious argument is to not attempt to do that and instead to make it an in ring thing.

The Bellas are over-exposed. They need to take a back seat. Have Naomi beat them and then beat everyone for a while. Then Charlotte can come and save the day. Then the Bellas, the most obviously natural heels in the world, will have a proper foil with Paige to join that fray too.

The ultimate point is this though - if you want to watch female wrestlers being taken seriously, watch NXT.

Which brings me to my tie-up. Character idea for Emma: 'I'm not a diva, I'm not a dancer, I'm a wrestler'. You can even keep her a heel if you want to perpetuate the current lack of respect for women.

Personally I think the Bellas and Naomi are so overrated I think theres so many other more talented females on the independants right now, With AJ Lee and Paige which had been the best two divas for a while gone the divas division is lacking a lot now so it would be a good time to expand it a bit.

I think you need more than 4 Diva's to showcase, 5 when Paige returns. Maybe if we had more than we do, then it wouldn't be so painful to watch. I mean how sick did we all get of AJ and Paige week trading the title back and forth. Now it's the Bella's and Naomi. The WWE doesn't seem to realize that building a division around the same group, who are shit to begin with might not be a very good idea.

Yes, but my point is the WWE will never showcase more than 4 or 5 Divas at one time. I'm actually shocked they managed to utilize 4 of the girls at once. Like I said, the Divas get one segment that lasts 10 minutes on Raw, so even if there were 10 girls on the roster, only the 2 or 3 fighting for the belt will be featured for the month. Right now it's Naomi, Tamina, Brie, and Nikki. When Paige comes back I assume it will be Naomi, Tamina, and Paige. From there it could be Paige and Nattie. AJ and Paige traded the titles because they were too over to not put on TV... thus that one Diva segment a week was reserved for them. Had AJ not retired, she'd be in Naomi's spot right now without a doubt.

Also, were a few more girls added, I'm sure the Divas division would be just as bad to watch given the fact that they get no time. As I mentioned before, you can't really do anything in 7 minutes.

I think the girls you mentioned will be phenomenal once they are given the green light. And if I get to watch a 20 minute match between Charlotte and Banks, which will outshine most of the matches on the main roster that's fine with me. It will be an embarrassment to the guys in the back, but hey let the girls from NXT show what they can do.

This is my point. Charlotte and Sasha won't get a 20 minute match on the main roster because Raw doesn't have time for a 25-30 minute Diva segment. Fans think Charlotte and Banks are gods (goddesses...) but it's only because they're getting the time and spotlight to do something. Would they look half as good had they started on the main roster and were forced to work within a 10 minute time frame, entrances and all? How can we call the current crop of Diva's garbage when they're never able to DO anything?

Personally I think the Bellas and Naomi are so overrated I think theres so many other more talented females on the independants right now, With AJ Lee and Paige which had been the best two divas for a while gone the divas division is lacking a lot now so it would be a good time to expand it a bit.

They were building Nikki Bella as the diva you love to hate, so it'll be even better when someone knocks her off her perch for the Divas title. Now Nikki is supposed to be a face I don't know.

This discussion has gone on for year's, it's always been in shambles.. It's actually slowly getting better with more character development and more use of the divas now that AJ is finally gone. Naomi and Tamina are slowly getting pushes, The Bellas are on top and Paige will be back in the fold soon.. Paige will likely be the next big star in the divas division, as long as they don't only focus on her like they did with AJ, the divas division should be fine.. Like it or not, AJ's character ruined that division. People who say she helped the division are absolute idiots. Focusing on 1 diva is not helping anything... AJ was on top and everybody else meant nothing, It's the way WWE books things now and it's even worse with the divas. Hopefully they don't do that when Paige comes back and they continue to give more divas air time. The fans won't be invested in these woman if they hardly see them.

I think it could be if they decided to invest a lot more time and really be serious about them.
Personally I think they should individually evaluate each diva from wwe and nxt give them some creative input into the story's and characters
Everyone that the wwe feels are not up to it they should be let go and move on

The divas division in its current sorry state is symptomatic of the prioritizing looks over ring ability or being at all tough or intimidating

Can you think of a time when a big male dominated wrestling company had a womens division that wasn't primarily women of model's build + 1 major exception like Chyna or Kharma/Awesome Kong. Yes, many or infact the majority of those female wrestlers with model looks are excellent athletes and there have been many names who have carried womens wrestling a long way, but I the way it's been set up since practically forever has been slowly killing it, and companies only have themselves to blame.

Case in point, WWE runs Tough Enough where they get sent countless home videos of many aspiring men & women. They could entirely sort the womens division out with 6 months of scouting and 6 months of training. But they didn't. They got Cameron who doesn't appear to even watch the stuff

I would love a brave writer/creative whoever to have a go at revamping it as times have changed and the pro-bra&panties matches types don't care what goes on in the dibvision anymore. As someone mentioned, somebody with all the promise in the world like Charlotte, should stay the hell away from WWE. That's weird to say as she's the best female wrestler on WWE's books

The divas division is falling apart. AJ leaving was going to be hard for the division to recover from no matter who else was on the main roster as she was the very best they had. Paige, the obvious choice for her replacement as the top diva, is currently away making a movie that no one will ever watch. Natalya is stuck being a manager for her husband's tag team. Emma got demoted to jobbing and/or on NXT. Summer Rae, for whatever reason, still hasn't gotten her chance. If WWE would push the divas who can actually work a match instead of having them film useless movies, manage tag teams, or demote them to jobber/NXT status, then the division would be in much better shape.

We are still suck with a Divas Champion who is not championship material. As much as Nikki has improved, I will never cheer for her. Randomly turning her face while she sits at the announcer's table will not make me stop disliking her because she sucks. Her reign should have ended MONTHS ago. It makes matters ten times worse that NAOMI is getting title shots over girls like Natalya or Summer Rae who are better in the ring, infinitely better on the mic, and don't have stupid finishers. Charlotte's main roster promotion has to be coming literally any day now. When she gets there, she should get a title push soon. The division can still be fixed if they push the girls who can wrestle. They have more than enough talented divas to make a structure in the division that makes sense. An ideal divas division would look like this:

Championship Contenders
Charlotte (upon her main roster promotion)
Emma
Layla
Natalya
Paige
Summer Rae
Tamina Snuka

Jobbers
Alicia Fox
Brie Bella
Cameron
Eva Marie
Naomi
Nikki Bella
Rosa Mendes

This roster is still possible to book. This is without even mentioning NXT divas like Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks, or Bayley who can all make an impact on the main roster once they get there.... but, nope, instead we are stuck with The Bellas and Naomi. I blame Total Divas. That show destroyed what little hope the division had left. At least we still have NXT where they actually push divas who can WRESTLE.

First of all, AJ Lee was way overrated. Yes she was a top Diva but in no way was she a Trish Stratus or Lita. The division will survive without her.
Yes it does not make sense that they turned Nikki Bella face just to go along with Naomi turning heel. None the less i actually really like Naomi as a heel i think she is progressing and doing a great job. Tamina is a good addition but only really benefits Naomi as Tamina has already been in this role and should really be on her own. Im ok with it for now but evetually Tamina should be one of the top heels in the division.
I am really excited to see Paige return and feud with Naomi for the Divas title (i highly believe that Naomi will win the Divas title at EC). Naomi and Paige feud up until about SummerSlam. Paige does not need the title anytime soon so Naomi should retain. They should debut Charolette after SummerSlam to begin feuding with Naomi.

Aside from the Divas title picture they really need to start using the Divas in more storylines with the male wrestlers while they are not feuding for the title. It is the only way to keep them somewhat relevant.

None of them will be Trish Stratus or Lita, that ship has sailed. Expecting or hoping they will be will always result in the negative. I didn't have a problem with AJ, for a small girl she did pretty good in the ring, and she was small. I will miss her. My feelings on the Bella's aren't a secret, I think they stink, but the WWE is high on them, so we have to put up with it.

Naomi, I'm on the fence about. Never found her that interesting to be perfectly honest, and even more so now. Instead of having the intensity and vicious look of a Tamina, she dances around the outside of the ring talking trash. Tamina comes straight to the ring and gets down to business. Naomi reminds me of Cameron with all the strutting about, and that's never good when someone reminds you of Cameron. And I'm thinking is that the best you can do. Jesus I can out heel her in a New York minute.

It's to the point where I look at NXT and TNA see the great women's wrestling there, and then look at the WWE and just shake my head. For the global leader in sports entertainment, they have really dropped the ball on this.

First of all, AJ Lee was way overrated. Yes she was a top Diva but in no way was she a Trish Stratus or Lita. The division will survive without her.

Aside from the Divas title picture they really need to start using the Divas in more storylines with the male wrestlers while they are not feuding for the title. It is the only way to keep them somewhat relevant.

I agree, AJ Lee was in no way a top diva that changed the divas division or anything.
AJ Lee's come and go, and there'll be plenty more of her that will come and go in the next few years, it's the divas that can cement a place there like Trish and Lita that go on to be greats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back