• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Director Tony Scott Commits Suicide

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Director Tony Scott Commits Suicide Jumps Off L.A. Bridge

Famed director Tony Scott -- who directed "Top Gun" among many other major films -- jumped to his death today off an L.A. bridge ... this according to the L.A. County Coroner.

According to the Coroner, 68-year-old Scott -- Ridley Scott's brother -- jumped from the Vincent Thomas Bridge spanning San Pedro and Terminal Island around 12:30pm.

U.S. Coast Guard Lt. Jennifer Osburn said a suicide note was found in Scott's Toyota Prius, which was parked on one of the eastbound lanes of the bridge.

Scott directed such films as "Top Gun," "Beverly Hills Cop II," "Enemy of the State," and "The Taking of Pelham 123."

Authorities used sonar equipment to find Scott's body in the port's murky waters. His body was recovered at approximately 4:30pm ... four hours after he jumped.

His body has since been turned over to coroner officials.

Damn, this is a sad day for the film industry. Tony Scott made a shitload of good stuff, some of the best action films produce over the course of the last 25 yrs. have been his work. I'm very curious as to what could've driven him to suicide.

Wow, that's terrible. I always loved his movies, sad that something was so bad he decided to end it all. Rest in peace Mr. Scott.

[YOUTUBE]0KBZCDMIKOk[/YOUTUBE]

Well this sucks. He was never my favourite director but he has done some great stuff over the years and did enough to not live in Ridley's shadow. It'll be interesting to hear more about this over the next few days and if there was something in particular that caused him to take his own life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back