Did You Know #2 - Wrestlemania Facts & Info

CyDeez

Big Nasty
Did you know the first person after Hulk Hogan to defend The WWF/E Championship successfully at Wrestlemania was Yokozuna?

*He defended the title versus Lex Luger early in the night and he later lost the title to Bret Hart in The Main Event of Wrestlemania X.

Did you know that Diesel is the first wrestler besides Hulk Hogan to come into a Wrestlemania as World Champion and leave as World Champion?

*Wrestlemania 11 he successfully defended The WWF/E Championship against Shawn Michaels.

Did you know the first wrestler to EVER win The WWF/E Heavyweight Championship at any Wrestlemania is "Macho Man" Randy Savage at Wrestlemania 4?

Did you know that Wrestlemania 4's Main Event (Final Match) is also the first and only Wrestlemania out of the first 9 that did NOT feature Hulk Hogan wrestling?

*The Main Event for Wrestlemania 4 ended up being a finale of a tournament to decide The WWF Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion. The competitors were Randy Savage (W) with Miss Elizabeth versus "The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase (L) with Andre "The Giant" in his corner. Later in that match, Hulk Hogan appeared in Savage's corner.

**Though Hulk Hogan was not scheduled in The Main Event at Wrestlemania 9, he came to aid Bret Hart and was challenged by Mr. Fuji and Yokozuna. Hogan defeated Yokozuna in the final match of the night to regain The WWF Championship.

Did you know for being known as Mr. Wrestlemania for his off the chart performances at the event, "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels got off to a rocky start at Pro Wrestling's biggest show of each year?

*Shawn actually lost his first 2 matches at Wrestlemania. In 1989 at Wrestlemania 5, Shawn & Marty Jannetty (The Rockers) were defeated by Akeem & The Big Bossman (The Twin Towers). HBK's 2nd 'Mania came with a similar result at Wrestlemania 6, as "The Rockers" again were defeated. This time they were defeated by Count-Out, versus The Orient Express with Mr. Fuji. Shawn's first victory at Wrestlemania came the following year at Wrestlemania 7, when he and Marty Jannetty defeated The Barbarian & Haku with Bobby Heenan.

Did you know that only ONE Wrestlemania has ever featured a Tag Team Match as The Main Event?

*It was the first Wrestlemania, The Main Event was Hulk Hogan & Mr. T versus "Rowdy" Roddy Piper & "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff.

Did you know The Intercontinental Championship was the FIRST ever Title defended at a Wrestlemania?

Did you know the first title to ever change hands at a Wrestlemania was The WWF Tag Team Championships?

*At the very 1st Wrestlemania, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine defended his Intercontinental Title against The Junkyard Dog. While The Junkyard Dog won the match by Count-Out, Greg Valentine remained The Champion.

**Also at the first Wrestlemania, Nikolai Volkoff & The Iron Sheik with Freddie Blassie defeated "The U.S. Express" Mike Rotundo & Barry Windham with Lou Albano.

Good stuff, man.

Thanks bro... All from memory believe it or not. I just sat there and typed it. As I said in my other DYK thread... WZ just repeats their facts they use in DYK. It bugs me... Someone made a smart ass comment in there, "Do better"... LOL... So I thought, Okay!!!

Cool facts bro, I enjoyed reading this. If you make another thread like this I'll definately read it. Oh I and gave you rep for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back