What is the Worst Wrestlemania?

Wrestlemania 23 and Wrestlemania 27. The Worst.

Wrestlemania 23 sucked from top to bottom and Wrestlemania 27 only had two good matches Randy Orton vs CM Punk and HHH vs Undertaker.

And The best Wrestlemania apart from Wrestlemania 17 (which is the best) in my opinion are :

Wrestlemania 19 : Jericho vs HBK - Classic Match (4 stars)

Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle : A 5 Star match in my opinion. A great time in WWE when 2 of its homemade young stars were in the main-event of Wrestlemania. Both phenomenal athletes.

Wrestlemania 20 : One of the best Wrestlemanias. Kurt Angle vs Eddie Guerrero ,Chris Jericho vs Christian , HHH vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit -Awesome from top to bottom.

Wrestlemania 21 : Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle - 5 star Match
Money in the Bank Ladder match was epic
Undertaker vs Randy Orton - One of the best Undertaker matches in Wrestlemania history.
HHH vs Batista was great.

Off all the card this one had zero build-up to it. In fact Sheamus was on a losing streak. Just because they can work a match, it doesn't mean that they should. They lacked the build-up.

It was a match I was looking forward to seeing. The same cannot be said for any other match on the card except Edge & Alberto.

So let me see.. You would actually make an heel v. heel matchup at WrestleMania? And please tell me why Husky Harris/Mason Ryan and McGillicutty deserved to be at "The Grandest Stage of Them All" in detriment of others like Kofi Kingston, Kane, Big Show and Santino Marella.

They were involved with The Nexus storyline, which deserved better than the ending it got, and yes they deserved to be a part of Wrestlemania. Kofi, Big Show, Kane, and Santino could all have been part of a dark match instead.

So if the match was second in line, you would have loved it. Is that what you are saying?
1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

No. I disliked that Alberto won what SHOULD have been a ticket to main event Wrestlemania, him winning an opportunity to LOSE the OPENING match at Wrestlemania is bogus. Had the match gone on second that would not have been as big of a deal. Midcarders should open the show, not the world title.

This is BS, this rivalry was easily the 3rd best in the card. It had a four month build, a new Cody Rhodes persona that people actually cared about. He wasn't interested lol. The match was very good. It defined Rhodes career, so give me a break.

That match didn't define his career, you have no idea what you're talking about. Rhodes winning the Intercontinental Championship did. I didn't like the disfigured persona of Rhodes and have never liked Rey, so what does that mean? I was not interested in the feud, let alone the match. Rhodes facing Ted in a Legacy rematch would have been better.

The only problem with that was the time they took, but I was fine with it because you know, Michael Cole was pretty over at the time. Jerry Lawler was actually screwed by him. Jack Swagger was involved in it and it looked like he was getting his career back on track again. The whole segment with Jack Swagger & Booker T and Stone Cold was actually very good and entertaining so I really don't get it. It had an incredible build to it, but obviously they just had to much time that could have been used on other match. But entertainment value counts.

That doesn't change the fact that they wasted a match spot on ANNOUNCERS. Jack Swagger should have been representing Cole in the match against a representative of Lawler's. That would have been infinitely better. An incredible build? Were you even watching the same show as everyone else? Good grief. I won't even start on the awful feud that lasted for months AFTER the Wrestlemania match.

Still what? It was a classic bout. They gave it all in the ring, and they actually had **** 3/4 rating from Meltzer. Two legends that returned for that particularly match that probably ended in the best hell in a cell in WWE history this year. The whole Undertaker beatdown was awesome, awesome story told in the ring. Just this match puts WrestleMania 27 way up.

If you read my post you would have noticed the part where I said that Taker VS Trips 2 was the match that saved the show. I didn't want to see it going IN to the show. The match was fine and I did enjoy it, especially Trips' entrance.

What can we do? Since WWE actually started to get mainstream media attention that celebrities are involved in it, and almost every wrestlemania had one of these.

They could, oh I don't know, have had her be the guest ref in a divas match or something. Divas matches are usually bad but it would have been better than a Snooki match. Morrison and Ziggler sure deserved better and I bet Trish is ashamed to admit she was part of it.

So you and your wife are just haters for the sake of it. The Miz while WWE Champion never lost viewers in WWE Programming, in fact a segment with only him that was called "MizTory" actually gained over one million viewers, so please tell me that Miz is crap. The match had The Rock's involvement, that everybody wanted to see. It was history in the making, because first Cena lost for the first time ever in singles competition at WrestleMania, in this case against The Miz, and two, everybody wanted to know if Rock would screw Cena and he did. Re-watch the PPV and the build-up to it because that what you're saying is complete bullshit. EVERY MATCH HAD GOOD BUILDS SO IT MADE THE PPV ENTERTAINING. If you and your wife want to see wrestling just for the sake of it I recommend Ring of Honor or NJPW, AJPW, NOAH.

You are so full of crap. I'm now fully convinced you didn't read my post at all. First of all, I don't hate the Miz for the sake of it. My wife finds him annoying from when her brothers watched The Real World and she recognized him as being annoying on there, an argument can be made in her case. I gave the guy a chance but never felt he should have been champion. He did defeat Cena and I do defend him on occassion now, but from a business perspective. I do not want WWE to have wasted time in building him up for that win to be all for nothing. I still don't think he's championship material, he's not believable in the role.

If you have the time to sit and do research on how many viewers that Raw got/lost while Miz was champion, then I feel sorry for you. Go outside, find something enjoyable to do. Others like myself are a little too tied up with something called real life, you know, things like going to work and making sure your family is in good condition financially. I never said Miz was crap, I said he's not believable as champion. Read my post if you are going to debate me and make me take up precious time to come put forth effort into a fucking spam friendly area's post. I have better things to do, like moderating my section or spending time with my wife or doing my job.

Miz VS Cena was a match I had absolutely NO desire to see, and this is coming from a CENA MARK! The match was only interesting for the Rock's involvement, and other than Miz's intro video package (which was nicely done) it sucked. Just like Wrestlemania 27 in its entirety other than ONE match. Last time I checked, that qualifies you for bottom tier quality. I would NEVER put myself through the torture of watching the build for that event again, it was quite honestly THE single worst build to a Wrestlemania that I have ever seen.

That's your point of view and if you actually bought the PPV and you still watched WWE Programming after that I have to highlight one word - HYPOCRISY

:banghead:

SERIOUSLY!?

verbalrko.png

I have been watching WWE for longer than you have probably been alive. I began watching before there even was a Monday Night Raw. I'm 26 years old and have been a wrestling fan for 20+ of said years. It's going to take a little more than a crappy Wrestlemania to get me to stop watching. I've stated numerous times that I will keep watching despite disagreeing with the booking of either WWE or TNA. They don't care if random fans on a forum are going to quit watching, therefore I'm not going to say stupid things like "Oh, Miz better not beat Cena or else I QUIT watching WWE!". Yes, I'm sure Vince and Dixie both have people spyin on us and say to themselves oh look one of Wrestlezone Forum's mods is going to quit watching our product because of a booking decision we made, we better reverse that decision so that one fan out of millions is going to be happy. They don't care what we think. I watch because I have for ages and I still enjoy the product despite not agreeing with all of their decisions.

I hated Wrestlemania 27, and I kept watching. That doesn't make me a hypocrite. It makes me a FAN. I will remain a fan for very likely the rest of my life. As a fan I am entitled to my opinion, just as you are entitled to yours. I happen to think Wrestlemania 27 was the 3rd worst show in the history of the brand. If you disagree with me, too bad. Deal with it.

Worst one I watched and was disappointed with was WM16 (2000). Aside from the tag team ladder match the rest of it was a waste. There wasn't a single one on one match on the card. Battle royal for the Hardcore title, thrown together tag matches like Al Snow and Steve Blackman vs T&A, Godfather and D'lo vs. Bossman and Bull Buchanan. Then the catastrophe of the title match, which the focus was on the McMahons instead of the wrestlers. Not to mention the first time there was a heel champ at the end of the night. Trips winning wasn't all bad but clearly Backlash the following month should've been the real ending to WM.

Give me a good reason, ONE good reason to Daniel Bryan & Sheamus actually deserving time at WrestleMania. It sure as hell wasn't the history between both because even Snooki match had a better build up to it.

SO you are telling me that Rhodes vs. Ezekiel Jackson made Rhodes career? Yes I had to Google the match because I didn't even remember the defining moment of Rhodes career lol Rey Mysterio isn't even relevant right? I guess WWE must feel ashamed to have a FAN like you.

You disliked the ending? It was Edge's final match he earned the victory and how many times did the SmackDown World Championship actually main evented WrestleMania? It was a great match to kick of the show, It made people excited for the rest of the show. They gave us the cherry and made us want to eat the cake if you know what I mean.

WrestleMania X7 is probably the best in history and you had a freaking Gimmick Battle Royal too. WrestleMania 27 had the announcers match that HAD a good build. Michael Cole didn't let Jerry Lawler become WWE Championship, he was probably the best non-wrestler character and the only flaw was the time they had, because the story was okay. But obviously having a rematch at Extreme Rules was freaking stupid and I hated it like everyone in the world.

They have to show the Divas on WrestleMania because they actually do a lot, they bust their ass of to get noticed in two/three minutes per week. You are being an idiot, WWE isn't wrestling. TNA has better matches regularly, watch it and I'm serious you'll like it with their current state now.

The Miz deserved it, he has everything to be a main eventer and HE is championship material. He is currently one of the best talkers, he garners a lot of media attention so just by that he is more suited than CM Punk or Daniel Bryan to main event. He worked his ass of, and your I don't want to say but your wife must be very weird to hate a guy that bad since his childhood. It's his work to be annoying, it's the foundation of his gimmick. What an incredible fan you are.

And that sentence about you having a life made me laugh, 'cause you are a mod here and you obviously spend a lot of time here so maybe you and your wife should enjoy life instead of losing your time in a wrestling forum. To your actually information you are older than me, so I have an excuse to be here you on the other hand don't. You know nothing about WWE, you can't even understand the importance of a match or the status of a Superstar and a fine example is the Rhodes situation. Just because you are weird and don't like someone doesn't mean that the guy didn't have value. In general that WrestleMania had a good reception, just look for it.

Give me a good reason, ONE good reason to Daniel Bryan & Sheamus actually deserving time at WrestleMania. It sure as hell wasn't the history between both because even Snooki match had a better build up to it.

How about the fact that they are two very talented wrestlers who deserve to showcase their skills at the biggest show of the year? They got bumped off the card at 27, which quite honestly should not have happened. What happened to them this year was a disgrace and even worse. The fact that Snooki had a better build to a match than Sheamus/Bryan, should be a red flag. Her match was the least important other than The Corre VS Apple.

SO you are telling me that Rhodes vs. Ezekiel Jackson made Rhodes career? Yes I had to Google the match because I didn't even remember the defining moment of Rhodes career lol Rey Mysterio isn't even relevant right? I guess WWE must feel ashamed to have a FAN like you.

Rhodes lost the disfigured gimmick which would have held him back from moving up the card and he brought back the classic look of a title that finally is seeing importance again. I didn't mean the match against Zeke. That title reign as a whole is what defined his career. Also, when did I ever say Rey isn't relevant? I dislike the guy but I understand why he has a fanbase. You obviously didn't read either one of my posts, I don't why know I'm even bothering responding to you. If I wasn't bored right now I wouldn't waste my time on it.

You disliked the ending? It was Edge's final match he earned the victory and how many times did the SmackDown World Championship actually main evented WrestleMania? It was a great match to kick of the show, It made people excited for the rest of the show. They gave us the cherry and made us want to eat the cake if you know what I mean.

Wrestlemania 20: A match that got erased from history (HHH/HBK/Benoit)
Wrestlemania 21: Trips VS Batista
Wrestlemania 24: Edge VS Undertaker

The World Heavyweight Championship has only closed the show 3 times at Wrestlemania. Did I say Edge and Alberto should have closed the show? No. If you had read my post you would have noticed that I simply did not think they should have OPENED the show. That had nothing to do with Edge or his injury. It had to do with the prestige of the Royal Rumble. How good does it make the victory look when you earn a chance to OPEN and LOSE when so many had gone on to MAIN EVENT and WIN? Thank goodness Sheamus won this year, although they made the unfortunate choice of having him OPEN again.

Want to excite the fans to start off the show? Great! So do I! Midcarders or tag teams can do that too. All the more reason for why Sheamus and Bryan should have opened Wrestlemania 27. Edge & Alberto didn't have to have Cena & Miz's spot, they just should have gone on at a later time than they did. It makes the WORLD Championship look worthless if it goes on first. You never start off with the best. I firmly believe midcarders need to start the show.

WrestleMania X7 is probably the best in history and you had a freaking Gimmick Battle Royal too. WrestleMania 27 had the announcers match that HAD a good build. Michael Cole didn't let Jerry Lawler become WWE Championship, he was probably the best non-wrestler character and the only flaw was the time they had, because the story was okay. But obviously having a rematch at Extreme Rules was freaking stupid and I hated it like everyone in the world.

So what if 17 had the gimmick battle royal? That is unrelated and not relevant to the discussion. Cole stopped Lawler from winning a title match he should have never had. Big Deal. Swagger could have and should have been representing Cole in the match, it would have been better for everyone involved.

They have to show the Divas on WrestleMania because they actually do a lot, they bust their ass of to get noticed in two/three minutes per week. You are being an idiot, WWE isn't wrestling. TNA has better matches regularly, watch it and I'm serious you'll like it with their current state now.

I do watch TNA, actually. Have for about 6 years. I also never said they couldn't have any divas at the show, goodness! Seriously dude, don't debate someone if you aren't even going to read their post. Yet you are claiming that I'M being an idiot? Yeah.... :rolleyes: Trish with Snooki in her corner facing Michelle McCool with Layla in her corner, as well as Morrison and Ziggler getting their own match, would have been far better. If you disagree with that, then I don't even know what to say.

The Miz deserved it, he has everything to be a main eventer and HE is championship material. He is currently one of the best talkers, he garners a lot of media attention so just by that he is more suited than CM Punk or Daniel Bryan to main event. He worked his ass of, and your I don't want to say but your wife must be very weird to hate a guy that bad since his childhood. It's his work to be annoying, it's the foundation of his gimmick. What an incredible fan you are.

It takes more than mic skills and publicity appearances to make a champion. Look at The Miz. He does not look like anything more than a midcarder with an attitude. Look at guys like Cena, Batista, Orton, Edge, etc. THEY are believable as champions. Miz got a chance for working so hard, I disagreed with the decision, but guess what? Life goes on. I didn't let that ruin my life. So don't go accusing others of being awful fans when you don't know what the hell you're talking about and trying to debate someone without reading anything they post.

And that sentence about you having a life made me laugh, 'cause you are a mod here and you obviously spend a lot of time here so maybe you and your wife should enjoy life instead of losing your time in a wrestling forum. To your actually information you are older than me, so I have an excuse to be here you on the other hand don't. You know nothing about WWE, you can't even understand the importance of a match or the status of a Superstar and a fine example is the Rhodes situation. Just because you are weird and don't like someone doesn't mean that the guy didn't have value. In general that WrestleMania had a good reception, just look for it.

So now you resort to the mods have no life stereotype? We here at the Wrestlezone staff do not fit that. We each have our own lives outside of the forum. Teachers, coaches, singers, therapists, retailers, businessmen, the list goes on. The bottom line is, we all do in fact have lives and some of us are married as well. Real life comes first, especially our jobs and significant others. Of course you wouldn't know that about any of us because you obviously never read anything we post. Unlike you we all read our opponents' posts when we debate.

Finally.... As I have already stated.... I do realize that guys I dislike have value. Otherwise WWE/TNA/ROH/etc would not have them working at the federation. That doesn't mean I don't have the right to my own opinion. I do NOT like Rey. I hate Lesnar. I like Cena. I didn't think Rhodes' match with Rey was a defining moment. I detest when World Championship matches open a show rather than close one. Wrestlemania 27 was fucking awful. These are all MY opinions, which I am entitled to.

Do your research next time, kid. Until then, I'm done wasting any more time unleashing Verbal RKO's on you.

15 was the worst. Why hasn't anyone mentioned it yet? Was it so bad you all forgot that show was actually a WrestleMania?

Finally a real match is up next- Benoit vs MVP. Only this is one of the worst performance by Benoit, because MVP just controlled the match with wear downs. It was a horrible match.

The match was very good until the lame ending that came out of nowhere. If they got an extra few minutes and a proper climax this would have been a good one.

Then we get Undertaker vs Batista- The imfamous "try to follow that!" statement by Batista. The only problem was, that match was forgettable and had no emotion.

Disagree. I thought this was a great match. You were there live, right? So was I. Don't you remember the crowd reaction? The fans loved that match.

Lashley vs Umaga- This match was painfully long for an outcome every single person in the world knew. It was just like boring foreplay to get to the sex.

There's nothing wrong with predictable outcomes. A lot of the big mania matches had predictable outcomes.

Then Cena vs HBK- with Cena wrongfully going over. Cena playing super man and not selling a single thing.

I saw this in person and the crowd was so dead. There is not one single moment in this entire WM that i would ever want watch over on a dvd.

It could have been saved if they let HBK go over, but of course not.

Why should HBK have gone over? He wasn't even the original opponent for Cena. It was obvious he was second choice. At that point in his career HBK shouldn't have been champ. Making Mr. WrestleMania tap in the main event helped Cena establish his legacy, especially after making Triple H tap the year before. I don't see any reason why Michaels should have won that match. There was no drama or build to indicate he should have gone over. It was more about the champ overcoming a tough challenge than the challenger looking to win the title.

You are actually not that relevant for wasting my time. I don't care who you like, I don't care about your life. You don't understand the business. If Rhodes didn't have the match with Rey Mysterio he would still be the dashing one in other words he wouldn't have the relevance to fight for the IC Championship.

You don't realize the value of a match. Just because you don't like it, you can't say that the Wrestlemania was the worst because it wasn't, and actually trying to prove otherwise makes you look like an idiot. Edge vs. Del Rio had to start the PPV, because if they were higher on the card, people would be fucking tired to the NHB Match and the Main Event. Oh and for other information, I said the SmackDown World Championship, not the World Heavyweight Championship.

Get on with your busy life. You know shit about me.

I will never understand the love fest for Triple H vs Undertaker II. Was it a good match? Yes, classic? Absolutely not. Not one time did I think the streak was in jeopardy. That match just screamed "oh shit Wrestlemania 27 is looking weak as fuck, lets just throw this match on the card". And the main event shouldn't have been an angle to set up the next mania. I also would have preferred Punk vs Cena, but that's for another time.

Wrestlemania 19 suffered from card placement. There is literally no break between the main events. You go from Triple H vs Booker T to Hogan vs Mcmahon to Austin vs Rock to Lesnar vs Angle. There is no time to catch your breath. 19 is my favorite simply because it was my first live Mania and I was a huge Brock mark back in the day.

WrestleMania 2000 was pretty dump in my opinion.

The triangle ladder match was very good though

I wouldn't say its the worst but alot of the WM's blend together and I can never remember which match was on which show....

15 was the worst. Why hasn't anyone mentioned it yet? Was it so bad you all forgot that show was actually a WrestleMania?

I agree. You had to wait two and a half hours for the only match that was really note worthy and it only went sixteen minutes. The mood was very awkward heading into the main event because The Undertaker had just got done hanging the Big Boss Man from the Cell and that match only went ten minutes. Just a disappointing WrestleMania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back