• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dexter

Fair warning if you haven't seen the episode yet, don't read further.

Pretty excited to see where things go tonight. The season premiere had more plot development than the last two seasons combined. I'm really glad they had Deb find out in the premiere, rather than what the normal course would have been, which is her believing Dexter's lie and more or less sweeping the Colin Hanks incident under the rug. Tie that in with LaGuerta likely finding a way to re-open the BHB case, and more development with the intern, I'm pretty much all-in.

Just no more James Remar please. I find his inclusion on the show to be highly annoying.

¡Roján!;4144579 said:
As much as I love Breaking Bad and Walkter White, Dexter Morgan is much more complex.
Complex?

Am I the only one who knows how to see the code of the Matrix and laughs at everyone's idea of a complex character?

Al_Swearengen.jpg

The premiere was excellent, as was the second episode. This season looks fantastic.

How about, who gives a shit about Walter White in this Dexter thread?
Broadly stating the greatness of something on the internet is inviting comparison. This is the way of the machine. Leave this soft, level-headed shit for real life.

I thought last night's episode was one of the best in the show's entire history. Brilliant all around.

I was too, but i think he at least wanted the satisfaction of taking his life by his own hands considering he couldn't have the blood slide anymore.

Great episode, we're approaching season 1, 2, and 4 territory. Ray Stevenson is a goddamn scary motherfucker as well

I haven't seen this past episode but it was superb up until the week before. I don't give a fuck about Hannah and wherever that story is going. I'm far more interested in the BHB story, Deb and the brotherhood. I'm very disappointed with the way Louis was dismissed with practically no explanation.

People just hate it when Dexter gets a woman in his life for some reason. They either want him to get with Deb, or they expect him to really be asexual. Sorry folks, but if Yvonne Strahovski is laying on a table near you naked and wanting you stick your cock in her, you're not going to say no.

But I agree with Loveless... the Dexter/Isaak story is much more interesting. Ray Stevenson has been remarkable this season. Easily the best villain the show has had outside of Trinity.

I'm very disappointed with the way Louis was dismissed with practically no explanation.

From what I've read, the actor took an offer on Broadway and the writers were forced to get rid of him quickly. It progressed the Dex/Issac storyline, so I didn't mind it. I think Louis would have been a lame main villain anyway.

I don't give one fuck about Hannah, but I'm not pissed off because I expected it. Before the season even started, she was featured prominently in the previews -- we all knew it was going to happen.

What I'm really dreading, though, is this whole foreshadowing her pregnancy. Fuck that.

Isaak deserved a better ending.

I'm gutted that he's gone. His character was fantastic.

Seconded, I'm disappointed that probably the most interesting side character the show has had got such an underwhelming send off - I realise he has died in order to allow the relationship between Dex and Hannah to become the focus of the show (and to make room for LaGuerta) but still, I hope that the next few episodes focus on Dex avenging Isaak, since he clearly saw who killed him.

I can only imagine how much better Season 5 would have been with him in it. This season has unfortunately decided to kill off the wrong characters.
Thankfully it looks like Hannah hasn't got much longer left but now we have to put up with Captain Obvious Arsonist. I mean seriously, was there one single person who watched that scene and thought "It's you" the instant he opened his mouth?

I'm a little disappointed that Isaak wasn't mentioned in the latest episode.

Dexter is such a bad ass though.

If Dexter were a better show, the events of the last episode and where Dexter went as a character would have major implications going forward.

On this show? I'm not so sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back