• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dexter

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Alright, so the last couple of seasons have been pretty fucking terrible and an absolute chore to get through. They haven't come close to meeting the greatness of the Lithgow season.

That being said, the Season 7 premiere is tomorrow night, and, it actually looks pretty awesome.

Are any of you still interested in this show?

[YOUTUBE]2NzpnjVmuCA[/YOUTUBE]

I started watching the show from the beginning this past summer but for some reason haven't started watching season 3. Is it needed that I watch every season or can I just skip to season 7?

Skip Season 3, Watch Season 4, which was amazing, and track down the last 5 minutes of Season 6.

That should sufficiently bring you up to speed.

I didn't think Season 5 was that bad, and Season 6 wasn't really that bad, it was just rather uneventful. The antagonist was kind of weak.

Currently watching the season 4 premiere. Doesn't look like they've addressed a lot from last season so I guess I'm fine to watch.

I actually just started recently, we're on season 2 about half way through. Glad to hear all this though so I know to skip some.

I didn't think Season 5 was that bad, and Season 6 wasn't really that bad, it was just rather uneventful. The antagonist was kind of weak.

I mean, both seasons definitely had their moments. I think season 5 found its stride with the cult, and Jonny Lee Miller was pretty great in his role. But it finally picked up too late in the season, and the abrupt way Julia Stiles was written off kind of made it all feel pointless.

Season 6 just felt like a chore to get through, and I thought the major twist with Olmos was pretty easy to see coming. Colin Hanks hamming it up got irritating quickly too.

Its hard to top what Lithgow did in his season. That was just a great string of shows.

I am pumped for sunday. Whole lot of crazy bout to happen. Its about time they caught up to the books in relation to what Deb knows.

I didn't think Seasons 5 and 6 were that bad either, but even if the storytelling wasn't anywhere near as good as previous seasons, Dexter Morgan the character remains to be the best character on television and an absolute joy to watch, no matter what, so I doubt my interest in the show will ever lose any steam.

Definitely looking forward to the premiere tomorrow.

Literally just finished the third season a minute ago and it really wasn't that good. From what I've heard, 3+5+6 are all shite but still worth watching so, I guess I'll try and get through them before 7 finishes so the ending doesn't get spoiled for me.

I don't understand how Walter is a better character than Dexter. Breaking Bad is infinitely better than Dexter, but Walter is pretty straight forward as a character.

I don't understand how Walter is a better character than Dexter. Breaking Bad is infinitely better than Dexter, but Walter is pretty straight forward as a character.

Agreed.

Plus, Jesse and Gus had every bit to do with the brilliance of Breaking Bad as Walter White. Dexter at its peak still had nothing but expendable characters outside of him. The show remains to be one of the best on television just because of Dexter alone and despite all the co-characters no one gives a shit about.

The Dark Passenger would make Walter White cry. Internal monologues and the irony of a serial killer who is a blood splatter analyst for the cops > meth kingpin\chemistry teacher with cancer.

I love Breaking Bad, but if not for the great supporting cast- the show wouldnt have the same feeling. Dexter the character is just over all better and more interesting than WW.

Can't wait for the new season to get started. This season needs more Mukada though and with his new assistant, I think my wish is going to come true. Rumour has it the assistant will be a big character in the next season which has me extremely pumped for a 2 season story arc with a villain.

Plus I've missed Deb's swearing outbursts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back