• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Destination X - Kurt Angle vs Mr. Anderson

Who will win this contest?

• Kurt Angle

• Mr. Anderson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
[YOUTUBE]HAiwmRVclrs[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]D2Yp2VWAVrU[/YOUTUBE]

kurtangle.jpg
kennedy.jpg

KURT ANGLE

VS

MR. ANDERSON

These two have been on a brutal collision course since Against All Odds.

Having all the makings of a good old-fashioned Grudge Match, Mr. Anderson has not only disrespected Angle, but disrespected all the troops who serve the United States of America by attacking Kurt with the dogtags of a fallen soldier to win the match at Against All Odds. Angle got the one up on Anderson the next night, but once again fell prey to an attack by Anderson the following week on Impact with the same metal dogtags.

Tonight, a hellacious brawl erupted on Impact, sending these two straight to Destination X to settle the score.

Your thoughts on the match and the build of this encounter.

Reactions: gd
I have enjoyed this feud here, as it gives that classic America against an invader feel to it, despite the fact that Mr. Anderson is of course an American, who just goes against an American value. The promotional work for this match had been one of my favourite so far of TNA's lead up to Destination X.

I see Kurt Angle winning here, because this match ups first level ends now, with Angle getting the win for America. But I can see this feud getting revisited as the onion peels more, and I must say, I am sort of excited to see how far they go with it.

I see Anderson winning simply to further the feud. If Angle wins there's no real feud, it just ends. I see Anderson stealing one with a quick roll up and a handful of tights. It should be a good match, Angle's in it afterall, but I see Anderson getting the upset.

i see anderson winning this match with underhand tactics so this fued can go to lockdown. with the pure hatred between these to competitors what better way to settle it than an absolutely brutal steel cage match. the fued has been excelent and this match should be one of the best of the night.

the same i think anderson will win with dirty pin or he will use some weapons for the victory , so far i enjoy this feud and i think it will continue until lockdown

The buildup for this has been fantastic. With Anderson dressing up as Angle as well as the troops thing, it's just been great. These are arguably the two best mic workers in the company and they've really shown it over the last few weeks.

As for the match itself, their last one wasn't all that good, so I'm thinking they can only go up. Some kind of hardcore gimmick would fit this match well.

I think Angle should definetly be the winner here to even up the score, so to speak.

I've read quite a bit about Angle needing some time off to heal some wounds and that he was granted this time off. So I predict that next week, some sort of stipulation will be added to make this a no DQ match or that Anderson will pound Kurt after the match so he can take that time off while giving Anderson a huge rub as being the guy that put out "The greatest wrestler in the world".

That way, when Kurt comes back, there can be even more tension between these two heading into BFG.

I'm really looking forward to this match. The build up has been fantastic, it has made Anderson look like a complete cunt. The promo's have been good with Anderson dressing as Angle then hitting Angle's own finisher on him then with the Soldies beating down on him after Angle went bat shit crazy.

The match itself should be pretty good as most matches with him are pretty good, they had a good match at Against All Odds and this one should be a lot better if given the correct amount of time, it also gives Anderson the chance to prove he's not that shit in the ring and can go the distance with some of the best.

I see Anderson winning cheaply with a roll up using the tights or something around those lines. I'm not fussed about who wins as I am sure it will be a good match.

Though I wasn't a regular TNA watcher until Monday night (where I decided to "cross the line"), I have been keeping up with this feud. The buildup has been excellent, and most of all has been personal and intelligent. Anderson's promo about who the enemy is depending on the perspective was very well done, and I am excited to see how this match turns out.

A feel-good win would be Angle, of course, but for the feud to really continue I'd like Anderson to pull out a sneaky win. Sneaky wins get more heat than clean wins, after all.

The build up to this match has been great. I still remember that promo/shoot Angle did weeks ago on Impact. It was one of the best I have ever seen. Angle did such a fantastic job of showing raw emotion. Anderson has been getting so much heat from the Impact Zone fans. I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson won this match because I don't see this being a one match feud. I think these two will go at for at least two more ppvs. This match could help put Anderson over as a heel in a HUGE way.

This match should be a good one. These two relatively young guys will fight for what they believe. Angle is fighting for the American troops and Anderson is fighting for the opposite. This rivalry will atract many fans and give the PPV a good rating. This match is one I am waiting to see. Abyss/AJ will just go down to Hogan/Flair, so wont be to good, but may atract fans. I think Kurt may win, but I hope Anderson wins, because if he does then the fued will continue, which isvery, very good.

The buildup for this match has been awesome. I had a very difficult time picking who I think will win it. Angle has been doing a good job as the face and Anderson has gotten a ton of heel heat for his actions. There is no way that this feud ends here. I think it will continue until Lockdown for an even more epic match than this one could be, although this could be the match of the night at Destination X. Even though I struggled with picking a winner, I ended up giving the win to Angle because he can get the win for a good moment, only for the feud to continue until Lockdown, where Anderson could get the win there and massive heal heet. Anderson could win here too, but it would make more sense in my opinion for Kurt to win this match because Anderson can win in a much more brutal way in a rematch at Lockdown, thus getting him more heel heat than a victory here would. I'm really excited for this match and I think they will put on a good one.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Kurt Angle will defeat Mr Anderson.

Credit to TNA here. I've found this feud enjoyable. Or at least involving. The segment with the troops on the live show was fun on a bun. And that says something coming from a Canadian.

Full-disclosure: I think Anderson is an obnoxious cunt who tries too hard to be funny or edgy and doesn't live up to his hype as a great worker or stick-man. That said, I think the fact that every time I hear his voice or see him wrestle I begin arguing with my television means he's doing something right. I hate him. I hate his hype. I hate the fact that he's another bland ex-WWE guy taking the push of someone better. But the fact that I'm involved in his storyline is nothing if not a step in the right direction.

Go Angle. Although I wouldn't be shocked to see Anderson's push continue in impressive fashion here. They've strapped a rocket to his ass and he's without a doubt a major contender for the face that dethrones AJ . Heck, if they're doing KOTM this year then I'd look out for Mr. Anderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back