• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Destination X: A.J Styles vs. Booker T - Legends Championship

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
TNA LEGENDS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
AJ Styles vs. champion Booker T​

I'm very excited for this match. Maybe it's because I'm a huge fan of AJ Styles, or it's because I can't wait until Booker T loses that damn belt. Let's face it, the Legends Title is essentially worthless. Why would anyone want to "become" a legend when they are in their prime? Booker T isn't even good enough to be called a legend, and Styles is too young to become one. But all bitching aside, this should be a great match.

I'm actually predicting that it may be one of, if not the best match on the night, come Destination X. I haven't seen iMPACT yet this week due to the show being aired two days later in Australia. But from what I've seen, the feud has been built up quite well. Booker tries to be funny, but he just doesn't make me laugh. I'm sick of hearing him say "I'm gonna beat yo punk ass". It's so damn stereotypical, and I hate stereotypicals, especially annoying ones.

I hope Styles wins this match and wins the worthless title here, and I think he will. I really want the Frontline to pick up a few wins at this pay per view, and I think Joe and Styles can be the men who finally provide us with victories against the Main Event Mafia. If Styles loses cleanly, then TNA is downright stupid because they shouldn't waste such a golden opportunity to get the Title off Booker which could further lead to the demise of the Main Event Mafia.

What are your thoughts on this Legends Championship Match? Who will win?

I think u need to ease up on booker t because if u know anything about wrestling you would know based on the list of accomplishments and years in the business, booker t is a legend and put on a number of good matches. Stereotypical? Cuz he punk ass? Im black and I don't think black peoples signiture line is that lmao. Granted aj styles is awesome and my fav but the way the storyline is going he's not going over book. If the title doesn't mean anything why have him take it anyway plus if its suppose to be a legends title wouldn't it be better 4 another legend to take it?. Anyway match should be very good I root 4 aj to win but expect booker to win

I like what TNA is doing these days but I see a lot of similarities between this MEM-Frontline angle and the nWo angle from WCW. Now Im not saying its an exact replica or that its an attempt at a takeover, I'm just saying that it's the old guys picking up all the wins and not putting the young talent, who are essentially the future of the company, over like they should be. If AJ gets beat clean by Book it's clearly a botched job by TNA creative. Booker is a legend and has some impressive accomplishments in the biz so I'm not taking anything away from the guy at all. I am a wrestling nostalgic myself and I mark out to the old school guys as much as the next guy but there needs to be a balance. I'm rooting for AJ and Joe on tis night and hope they can add some strength to the Frontline.

I like AJ Styles and I like Booker T, so I like this match. The thing I don't like about this match, is the stupid, pointless "legends championship". I mean is it a legit midcard title or is it just a gimmick title similar to the milliondollar belt?

Anyways, Styles is amazing in the ring and usually always works an exciting, fast pace match. And while Booker T isn't at the level he use to be, he still can be quick and put on a decent match. I would like to see Styles win just so he can countinue to go up the ladder, but there will probably be some kind of interference of DQ I do believe. But this is actually one of the few matches I will probably enjoy watching. Maybe because TNA has donea good job at building this match up or maybe because I am a huge Styles fan and would enjoy him against anyone(who knows).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back