• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Degrassi

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
So I decided to start watching the whole Degrassi franchise after remembering seeing a few episodes and liking it as a kid, I've been going back and watching the first two shows in the franchise--- Degrassi Junior High, and then Degrassi High. I am straight up hooked on this shit like it's a drug right now. It's corny and cheesy at times, yeah, but the way this show touched on so many different taboo topics and portrayed teenagers realistically is what makes it so great. I'll check out the reboot "Next Generation" series once I'm all done with the original, but I haven't heard too many good things about it. Anyone recommend it?

Anyways, who else has seen these shows? I feel like a bizarro version of an obsessive soap opera fan or something. Shit's great.

You guys are both homos.

Seriously though, my sixteen year old sister currently watches Degrassi: The next generation and I swear that shit is poisoning our youth.

My stepdaughter watches that shit too. Now my wife is hooked on it, and so I've taken up local residency downstairs in the basement alongside my 360 and PS3, forever barred from using the TV with the DVR hooked to it. I want to kill that Teen Nick channel with a fucking passion.

I watched maybe one, two episodes. I think the show is way too over dramatic, I mean...maybe on or two of the things going on in those shows happens once and awhile, but they way they treat it.

Maybe at the end, there's like a twist...and instead of being a show...it was all just a perspective of one over dramatic teenage girl, who's writing in her diary. I don't think the show has a main character though. Still not my cup of tea, always seemed like one of those teenage girl things.

Uhh...guys I'm talking about the ORIGINAL Degrassi show, not the cheesy Teen Nick one that's still on the air today. The original shows aired back in 1987-1991.

Patrick has to be the funniest guy on TV right now. I've been watching that show recently, and I've laughed more then I did when I was a kid. Funniest shit ever, and their subliminal messages are even funnier.

My ex watches Spongebob stoned, i bought her the 1st season on our first date having that knowledge.

I remember watching about 12 seconds of Degrassi before wanting to climb to the top of my building and kill myself. Then I remembered that changing the channel would be easier and an overall better life choice.

"All the way with Stephanie Kay," was hot and what got me to watch the show as a kid. I believe Stephanie Kay's presidential campaign is the event that broke the glass ceiling for women like Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann, yet they never thank her.

Zit Remedy was way ahead of it's time. Their music is transcendent. They were the main influence for Alternative music in the early 90's, that an Aids.

- GSB (I'm old and I love Canada)

See, GSB knows what's good. You fuckers are all missing out man, I've binged on the old series these last few days and have fallen in love with this show. Never even seen the new one on Teen Nick I don't think.

I'm on Season 2 of Degrassi High right now. Bummed that all I have left is this season and then the made-for-TV movie before that's all it is for the original series. Bummer, I want more.

I've been known to enjoy old school DeGrassi as well, X. Also, there was an incarnation older than Junior High, as Charlie pointed out. It was pretty decent.

That said, interesting factoid: The character of Catelyn from Clerks, et al. is named for Catelyn Ryan, or however she spelled her name, as Kevin Smith is a fan of the franchise.

See, GSB knows what's good. You fuckers are all missing out man, I've binged on the old series these last few days and have fallen in love with this show. Never even seen the new one on Teen Nick I don't think.

I'm on Season 2 of Degrassi High right now. Bummed that all I have left is this season and then the made-for-TV movie before that's all it is for the original series. Bummer, I want more.

If you're digging for high school drama afterwards, Buffy 1-3's callin' your name

Yeah but I've already seen all of Buffy guys, I'm still looking for new shows before returning to old ones.

And I fucking HATED Kennedy in Season 7. What a totally fucking useless and stupid character that was, totally wasted Willow in that season on that ******ed character. Fuck Kennedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back