Canceled before it's time.

Good thread. I think I have to go with United States of Tara, here.

This was a really unique show and actually was very captivating as it went on.

I think US of Tara had a loyal fanbase but it wasn't picking up any new fans. It was basically just stuck with the original group of fans.

Sure it was ridiculous and definitely exaggerated but that's what made the show great.

They just cancelled it after 3 seasons.

Does anyone remember the show my wife and kids? Thats wass great comedy and i hate how they cancelled it. It was really good and all the characters were hilarious! Especially, Junior!
I also miss Whose line is it anyway?, My name is Earl and FlashForward!

Nobody said anything about Everybody Hates Chris and it is almost a crime.
It is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, it is based on Chris Rock life when he was a kid and it is really ashame that they canceled it, I was so pissed with it.
Download the series and believe me YOU will love it.

Two and a Half-Men, I heard that they are going to kill Charlie, and I really hope so, it is like a show that I grow up watching, very very funny... Sad what happened to Charlie Sheen!!

I have a real knack of watching TV series that end up getting cancelled before they come to any sort of satisfactory conclusion, either I have really bad taste in shows or the American people have no patience.

Flashfoward seemed like a really good idea and the best sci-fi on TV since Battlestar Galactica.

Then you had heroes, although it was given time the ending was not was meant to be and left me pissed that I had watched 4 seasons for no reason.

I also like The Sarah Connor Chronicles. While slow at first the characters started growing on me and the action vastly improved during season two, the BLAM! cancelled.

Reaper and Sons of Tucson were very funny yet both gone after two and one seasons respectively.

Now the shows are like at the moment are The Event, Chaos and Bored to Death so expect these to get cancelled after or during their next seasons

Does anyone remember the show my wife and kids? Thats wass great comedy and i hate how they cancelled it. It was really good and all the characters were hilarious! Especially, Junior!
I also miss Whose line is it anyway?, My name is Earl and FlashForward!

There is a new one now, remember when Drew hosted raw? I watched it, and has all the same cast, and same games they play. quite funny actually. Special guests here and there

Noah is the only pure soul in this thread. He only briefly mentioned it- but at least he mentioned. 6 pages and only a sliver of a mention of

Invader Zim

invader_zim-show.jpg

Invader Zim lasted less than 2 seasons, even though it was a critical acclaim. After Season 1, the ratings dipped and it was cancelled- partly due to the dark nature of the show and complaints from parents. The infamous episode "Dark Harvest" is an episode I am very fond of, but may have also been what helped put the nail in the coffin. The episode centers around Zim going around the school and stealing the other children's organs. T'was beautiful- but I suppose it's fair to argue that children probably shouldn't be watching that on Nickelodeon. But above average DVD sales after it's cancellation tell the truth- Invader Zim was good. Damn good. And it shouldn't have been wiped off the face of the Earth over a ratings dip and being a little scary.

Thanks for the info, horton!
Does anyone else miss Kenan & Kel? Im not sure if it got cancelled or tey just stopped making them but man, what a funny show. It really reminded me of my childhood and all the antics i would get up to! I really do miss all the old nickelodeon show from the 80s and the 90s. Saved by the bell, hey artur, etc…

The Live Action Version Of The Tick, Jack Of All Trades, Dilbert: The Animated Series, Mad Jack The Pirate, and Los Luchadores

I was so fucking heartbroken as a kid when they canned these, Mad Jack The Pirate and Jack Of All Trades because my mom watched it with me and loved the hell out of it and Los Luchadores because I had entered a contest to get a kid sized version of Lobo Fuerte's costume and to meet the cast, but it got canned before I could find out whether or not I won >:/

Married with Children: One the best shows I have seen and still can't believe it didn't get a final episode, it ended with just a regular episode.

Mortal Kombat Conquest: Why did this show only get 1 season? This show made Smallville look like cr*p.

First.. There was nothing wrong with Smallville. That Series Finale was AWESOME.

Another show I went back and watched was Grounded For Life. Besides the daughter screaming al the time, the show was really funny!
Robot Wars/ Battlebots is another one that they took off that you cant even find online anymore :S

Gotta agree with all of the Firefly picks. I was introduced to this show 4 months ago, and OH MY GOD. Joss Whedon at his finest. It's a travesty that it got cancelled, but at the very least they made Serenity as a nice little way to round most things up. I seriously reccomend anyone who hasn't seen this show to give it a try. honestly, it is amazing.

Flashforward was amazing to begin with. So many twists and turns, it really kept you on your toes. Then they held a mid-season break that was partially down to the fact that they didnt know the ending of the show. It got weaker as the series progressed, but eventually it picked up speed and ended on a high...and a cliffhanger. Really unfortunate, as it had so much potential, and had moments of genuine gold.

Freakazoid.jpg

Somehow this show barely got past the second season. At the time, WB was on fire with Animaniacs, Pinky and The Brain, Tiny Toons and Batman: TAS. And here come's this magnificent parody to everything they were doing at the time with Batman and Superman with all sorts of "Take Thats" and jokes for older fans and it gets canned. Through a bunch of shifts in time schedule and such. It ended with the cast literally saying "Bye, we got screwed".

Other show I would like to add is the Big Bad Beetleborgs. Don't know why but I liked that show as a kid.
(Didn't like they replace the girl who played the red beetleborg in the first season)

Omg I can't believe no one has mentioned my so called life! A show way before it's time it focused on real teen issues. Worst of all only 1 season! Another is who's the boss and threes company. Oh and who could forget the amazing Veronica mars and roswell so many shows canceled to soon!

I actually thought the OP was writing this about Firefly when I read the title..

For me it's Firefly and Angel for reasons already stated by others. Also I agree with the Transformers. the 1986 movie kind of killed off one of the greatest cartoons of all time. The third series with all the new characters had terrible animation and was shell of its former self in the story department.

Other animated shows I wished they continued would be "The Tick" and "Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot", absolutely great shows and I think they only lasted one season each.

Also Brisco County Jr with Bruce Campbell was a really fun show that was gone in the blink of an eye.

There are alot of great shows cancelled much too soon;

Quantum Leap: That was a great show that was much underrated and had a unique premise that should've gotten at least 5 seasons to end it properly. Sam Beckett shouldn't have been stuck leaping forever and I was really disappointed with the ending. Although at least that was better than some current television shows and how they end.

Brimstone: A great Fox series that only got one complete season. I liked the funny nods to religious material while being something not done before on TV. It was the forerunner for what the CW did later with Reaper only the humor was abit darker and more sarcastically themed. Unfortunately, FOX cancelled this because of a crappy timeslot and poor ratings which was a real shame because Peter Horton and John Glover made that show great with their outstanding acting.

Reaper: I can't mention Brimstone and not mention what CW did with Reaper. A great show that even involved Kevin Smith in the beginning as a show writer/director. Overall a hilarious show that got cancelled after season two because the CW didn't believe the show could get ratings. A brilliantly funny and smart modern approach that should've gotten alot long than it did.

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman I know, it was a more romantic drama show than a superhero action show. Still, they had alot of great ideas that elaborated on the Superman/Lois Lane mythology and even added their marriage to the mix. They did a great job staying loyal to the comics and managed a very sarcastic and smart one-hour weekly show. Yet another show that had a whimper of an ending which really made no sense. Apparently the show producers didn't know beforehand that season 4 was the final season. I would've liked a final farewell season to tie up the loose ends and give a definitive ending for both characters to pick up again later with a movie or something to finish up. While this was considered more a chick type of show, it was smartly written and good enough to interest me.

There are probably alot more I'm forgetting but those are the major ones I was really sad to see cancelled way before they deserved it.

I got to agree with Storm about Reaper. Although it had a blatant 'monster of the day' writing for the most part of the series it was still hilarious and there was actual character development unlike most 'monster/murder of the day' shows. Loved the cast, especially Ray Wise as the devil. Too bad it couldn't get enough ratings to stay afloat.

I liked the Flash.

And the early 90s Dark Shadows with Ben Cross. It last one freakin season! It was cheesy but I like my vampires shows/movies to be cheesy not too serious.

MoonLight. Sophia Miles. 'nuff said. Seriously it was maybe the only vampire show since Dark Shadows I ever liked. It really had heart and real chemistry contrary to stuff like Vampire Diaries where it is so forced.

There are alot of great shows cancelled much too soon;

Quantum Leap: That was a great show that was much underrated and had a unique premise that should've gotten at least 5 seasons to end it properly. Sam Beckett shouldn't have been stuck leaping forever and I was really disappointed with the ending. Although at least that was better than some current television shows and how they end.

Brimstone: A great Fox series that only got one complete season. I liked the funny nods to religious material while being something not done before on TV. It was the forerunner for what the CW did later with Reaper only the humor was abit darker and more sarcastically themed. Unfortunately, FOX cancelled this because of a crappy timeslot and poor ratings which was a real shame because Peter Horton and John Glover made that show great with their outstanding acting.

Reaper: I can't mention Brimstone and not mention what CW did with Reaper. A great show that even involved Kevin Smith in the beginning as a show writer/director. Overall a hilarious show that got cancelled after season two because the CW didn't believe the show could get ratings. A brilliantly funny and smart modern approach that should've gotten alot long than it did.

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman I know, it was a more romantic drama show than a superhero action show. Still, they had alot of great ideas that elaborated on the Superman/Lois Lane mythology and even added their marriage to the mix. They did a great job staying loyal to the comics and managed a very sarcastic and smart one-hour weekly show. Yet another show that had a whimper of an ending which really made no sense. Apparently the show producers didn't know beforehand that season 4 was the final season. I would've liked a final farewell season to tie up the loose ends and give a definitive ending for both characters to pick up again later with a movie or something to finish up. While this was considered more a chick type of show, it was smartly written and good enough to interest me.

There are probably alot more I'm forgetting but those are the major ones I was really sad to see cancelled way before they deserved it.

Both Quantum Leap and Lois & Clark lasted more than enough time. There had nothing much left to do. I mean after the wedding and freakin frogs raining from the sky, you know it jumped the shark.

Married with Children: One the best shows I have seen and still can't believe it didn't get a final episode, it ended with just a regular episode.

Mortal Kombat Conquest: Why did this show only get 1 season? This show made Smallville look like cr*p.

Married had years and years on the air! We saw the kids grow up before our eyes for crying out loud!

Both Quantum Leap and Lois & Clark lasted more than enough time. There had nothing much left to do. I mean after the wedding and freakin frogs raining from the sky, you know it jumped the shark.

I didn't say anyone had to agree with me. That's just my take on some of MY favorites. Quantum Leap should've had one final season to allow a better ending. Again, that's what I wanted. Maybe others didn't. As for Lois & Clark, they did hit their peak pretty soon. They should've had a better ending as well though. Maybe I was abit selfish wanting a 5th season to give a better ending. They could've at least finished season 4 with something more fitting just in case renewal for season 5 didn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back