Deer Lakes Lancers

Sully

Pre-Show Stalwart
Lancers.png

I wanted to make something for my school's football team, so I got two of my Senior friends as the main picture, and then I got a competition of images of the team off google, all sorts of situations too.

I really like the background and I think I'm going to try something solely based off that soon. I put 3 pictures of current starters this year, two in game photos, one team picture of the captains, and one picture of our HB receiving an award.

I want to thank PunksWall and Rohan for helping me get the render of the two main guys. With that render, I tried something similar to the last Steeler graphic I made, where I duplicated the logo over the original photo, I think it turned out well.

I also added the term "Strictly Business", that was our...slogan last year. It was on the t-shirts and everything, I didn't really get it, but I figured it would be the right thing to add for this sort of thing.

Thoughts?

Lancerland-1.png

Like I said, I wanted to do something similarly based off the background in my previous Lancer graphic.

Here, like the other one, I found a collaboration of images using Google Images and the Trib live website. Then I took my school's logo, and edited it separately, added one of our little catchphrases in there.

I took the new image, and pasted it over the original, then took it down to a fifty percent opacity. This one uses all current players, unlike my other one which was mainly focused on the starters from last year.

I did steal most of the images though off of the TribLive website. They have one of those protected seals, where you can't right click (Thus, copy and pasting) but I discovered that if I right click...really fast when I click on the image link, I'll be able to copy the full image.

Alternatively, I could copy the image before enlarging it, but that obviously gives me a lesser quality photo.

Anyways I like this one a lot more then the other one, it feels... simpler and less sloppy. Plus the colors in the other one weren't exactly officially matching my school's colors, just the default colors set in photoshop. The size is a little large, but keep in mind this photo isn't a signature, it's a graphic. Similar to a poster you'd see WWE make. One thing I don't like though, when I added in the separate photos, I got sloppy and they seem to overlap each other, if you look closely you'll see that the lines and colors seem to overlap one another.

I like it Sully, I really do. But, I have a few issues (this is all about the second, btw). One, the photos in the background are awfully stretched and they end up coming out very unprofessional and tacky. A solution to this, one I used for a poster at school, is to cut some of the photo off to make it in to a ratio. What the fuck? I hear you ask, well, let me explain young one. For example, you download three images of google. Say, one at 987x673, another one at, 324x178, and finally, one at 1819x912. So, with the first image, you cut off 87 pixels from the height and 223 pixels from the width (I know this can be hard to do, but keep searching for the perfect image, you'll find it.). Leaving you with 900x450, a ratio of 2x1. Correct? Then cut the other two images down to 300x150 and 1800x900. All 2:1 ratios, Salamander. But, what else do you notice with all these common numbers? Well, Sully, they're all factors of 150! TA-DAH! So they can all be shrunk down to 300x150 and not look horrible, as it's basically just closing them up. Remember, keep the height and width LOCKED whilst shrinking to get a proper shrunken image. Then just make your overall image bigger, or larger to accommodate the 300x150 images. Trust me, it may be a little extra work, but it makes all the difference.
My next bone to pick, I don't like the font. It's too halloweeny and gimmicky. I know it's hard to find the right font, hell, I can never find the right font. But, keep trying different.
Finally, I think you should make the layer with on it more opaque, much more opaque. You can barely read the text, due to too much interference.
Anyway, Sully, I like the rest, good job, young one.

[/nit-picking]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back