• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

David Beckham

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Now that it seems imminent that he is heading to AC Milan full time, what does this mean? I remember back in the days of high school when he was more or less a divine creature that played soccer. He came to America and was hailed as the savior of the game and simply failed. Soccer will never be anything in America and Beckham is living proof of that.

So with his failure in America, what does this mean for his career and his legacy? To me, it is nothing but good for him. He's going back to Europe where people care about the game and he'll be much more respected. It wasn't like he was hated over here, but people were more or less indifferent to him. He and Posh can get their celebrity status restored now and continue ruling the world. Can I get a European perspective, or at least from someone that knows what they're talking about?

For him it is a plus. For anyone else but him it's a down. He can now go finish of his career in a team that has potential. I hope to hell he stays in this team for the rest of his career. I thought he jsut went to America for the money, and America/LA payed him to much. Why the hell should he get 1 million dollars a week or what ever that stupid amount was? I mean he was not in his prime any more. He hasn't done much at all since leaving Man U, but yet he still gets more than people that are better than him.

I believe he will have a good time in AC Milan. He will go back to what he could of been in LA and his legacy will further him to becoming the best soccer player in history. I truly like Beckham and I wish him luck in the future.

Beckham is being selfish. He went to Galaxy for the money, fame and ultimately credit for kicking off soccer in the States. Something that greats like Pele and Beckenbauer could not do.

This has not worked.

He went to AC Milan with the intention of playing regularly in a bid to keep a spot within the England team - a team he helped retain some credit as captain earlir in the decade. Now Milan want to keep him and Becks has had his head turned by life in yet another glamourous European city, with the promise of regular games that will help him retain his England place for a bit longer.

IMO he is deluding himself if he thinks he will be a regular fixture in the England set up beyond the World Cup in 2010. Even without the massive jetlag of travelling between the UK and US, that will not help him.

IMO he deserves the England appearance record and Galaxy should let him stay in Milan until May but he needs to fulfil his promise to US football. He won't make it mainstream but he could make it a little more popular. At 32/33, he needs to let his career fade with dignity instead of politicking for a short term move to a big club.

It's fantastic news IF he does indeed go to Milan full time. However, it is looking less & less likely now. If he does move, then it's Beckham at the World Cup. Plain & simple. It's why he moved to Milan in the first place; to get back into the England team. If he keeps up this form then he should be able to be in the squad for the World Cup in 2010. He deserves it. His form has been fantastic & he's a real professional at what he does.

His legacy in America was, well, pointless. They didn't care about him. They're loss to be honest. They're losing the biggest name in football, period. No-one is bigger or more loved than Beckham. Him alone wouldn't change football in America, well, 'soccer' is what you guys call it. Pfft. It needs consistent years of stars, plus better youth development.

i dunno man they have got Juan Pablo Angel and Darren Huckerby over there what more can we give them. As a Leeds United fan i had a biased opinion of Beckham during his time at Manchester United, Basically he was a cunt (a pretty big one) but nobody could say anything about his Football i saw him play against Leeds and man his crossing was amazing, his passion for the game as well was strong back then. the biggest mistake in the mans life was going to Real Madrid.

Lets face it no English player fits into Real Madrids squad not even Steve Macmaniman(Sp?) back when he was good. i found it hard to belive that Micheal Owen couldnt do it but it was true, the way they play does not suit english players, and with Beckham this seemed to effect him when playing for England. Now when he went to Galaxy to ''Save''the MLS his passion came back, wether that was because he felt it his job to make a country like the game he plays or the millions of dollars they gave him to try...something changed because since his move hes played much better for England. Now the Move to AC Milan could only be great for us England fans because hes playing in a league similar to ours with quality players and hopefully playing regualrly with these players. He Deserves the caps simply for the game against Greece in 2001 were he seemed like the only player to turn up and want to play and everything else he deserves because of the great carrear hes had.

Lets face it no English player fits into Real Madrids squad not even Steve Macmaniman(Sp?) back when he was good. i found it hard to belive that Micheal Owen couldnt do it but it was true, the way they play does not suit english players,

Owen didn't do too bad in Spain - The season he was there he had the highest Goals scored to minutes played ratio in the league

LA Galaxy have stated that AC Milan haven't put in a big enough bid to secure his signature. I heard somewhere they turned down 10 mill for him - Jesus 10 mill for a player of his age is either amazing or ridiculous - I'm not sure which

yeah it is a bit much for a 33 year old but i suppose galaxy will want something back for the millions that they already paid him.

Owen had a good scoring record but he didnt really settle or fit into the Real team. Thats the type of player Owen is hes a goal scorer he has scored goals everywere hes been. but he just didnt fit into the team

IMO he deserves the England appearance record and Galaxy should let him stay in Milan until May but he needs to fulfil his promise to US football. He won't make it mainstream but he could make it a little more popular. At 32/33, he needs to let his career fade with dignity instead of politicking for a short term move to a big club.

Backham could play until he is 40 in Italy. The Italian Game is a much slower pace to that of the Premiership and while as he ages his fitness and pace will leave him, his skill of being able to put a ball to anywhere on the park wont. It is absolutely the right move for Beckham, not for money or fame but for his football career, he can still be a positive influence on the England team for at least a couple of years... he wont ever be a regular starter, but someone like Beckham should be in the squad.. someone who loves his country and wants to play for his country all the time no matter what, he can only be a good influence to the younger footballers that seem to not have a true grasp on what it means to play for England.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back