• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DarkFlameGFX

DarkFlame

Occasional Pre-Show
I've been totally away from the IWC & GFX world for the past 6 years and hey presto, like Hulk Hogan I'm suddenly back on your screens :p I was going to post all of my old work but I'm awful now, totally out of practice, haha! Besides, my best stuff is on deviantart, just search DarkFlameGFX :)

Anyways, made 2 sigs to try & get the feel for things again, I know they both suck but any feedback is welcome!

1st Sig;
carltoncolesig.jpg

2nd Sig;
megatronsig.jpg

Anyone want to throw some critique my way?

I like both sigs, but the second is far superior. I like the color effects of the first, but the font is not easy to read and doesn't stand out. Try using a bolder font or outline it. The second sig, I would turn up the opacity (less opacity) on the text as well. Good work :)

Ok so I seem to have deleted all the duplicates off my ImageShack account and I can't just edit my original post to add my latest stuff so here's my full portfolio as it stands with the exception of what's showing above and my latest work, sorry for the bump;

Toxic Yoshi Sig;
toxicyoshisig2.jpg

Regular Show Sig;
regularshowsig.jpg

Brock Smash Sig;
brocksmash.jpg

Miz Sig 1;
mizsig1.jpg

Miz Sig 2;
mizsig2.jpg

Hunico Sig;
hunicov1.jpg

Awesome_Miz Sig
awesomemizsig.jpg

Three Lions Sig;
threelionssig.jpg

Ampfibian Sig
ampfibiansig.jpg

Newest Stuff!

Spider Vengeance
spidervengeance.jpg

Pretty widely available stock used for this, just resized it, duplicated it a few times, merged the layers, smudged the hell out of it to make the BG, couple of duplicates of spidey with various blending options and some smudge work to blend him with the BG. Threw on a pattern layer and delted bits of it for effect and topped it all off with 2 gradient maps and a border! Did try merging all the layers together & sharpening the whole thing but to be honest I was happier with it this way!

Cerebral
hhhlh.jpg

Far too simple to stand out, lol! Did the whole duplicate & smudge job for the BG, added a simple green layer set to 'overlay' to add colour, a c4d set to screen for the lighting effects, a lens flare behind the hammer head just to make it stand out and then a handful of gradient maps

In Punk We Trust
inpunkwetrust.jpg

Some smudge work for the BG, not the best work because theres a clear lack of depth and texture to the BG but this was rushed! Smudged the main cut on the right to blend a bit but that's quite poor work :( Just used a low opacity erasing brush for the smaller pic, think the main text was linear dodge to get the colour and a gradient overlay. The 'Best In The World' text in the BG was just white, soft light, rotated and then duplicated to cover the area it does!

punkc4d.jpg

Tried a new method with the BG for this, used some random brush shapes on numerous layers and clipping masks of the focal with them. Then I've liqufied the image a few times and added a gaussian blur for a little depth. Way too many filters, grad maps & color balance layers as well, haha!

Ok so I seem to have deleted all the duplicates off my ImageShack account and I can't just edit my original post to add my latest stuff so here's my full portfolio as it stands with the exception of what's showing above and my latest work, sorry for the bump;

Toxic Yoshi Sig;
toxicyoshisig2.jpg

By far this one is my favorite, I love the colors and the way you used space. I also liked the text, and the render just fit nicely.

Yoshi is by far one of my favorites along with the 'Evil inside' one. Some are really good and some are good. The Regular Show is nice but to crowded. I also really like the Hardy one too.

Good work. Much, much better then I could ever do, even if I had all the time in the world.

Yoshi is by far one of my favorites along with the 'Evil inside' one. Some are really good and some are good. The Regular Show is nice but to crowded. I also really like the Hardy one too.

Good work. Much, much better then I could ever do, even if I had all the time in the world.

Cheers :) I love the yoshi one too, that was my 3rd sig after a 6 year break from the IWC, PS & Sig making! Lol!

OK, so for these three sigs I used the same, simple technique. All I did was take a stock picture, smudge everything except the focal, add some effect C4D's with various blending modes and some erasing done, threw on a few gradient maps, text and border. Then to finish them all of I simple did New Layer > Apply Image > Filter > Shapen > Sharpen in that order :) Feel free to use them if you so wish!

CM Punk
cmpunksig1.jpg

Joker
jokernjq.jpg

Out Of The Darkness
outofthedarkness.jpg

Some feedback my good friend. I think from the thre the CM Punk one is the best. I would have said Taker, but I think you gave away a lot of free space aswell with the Joker one. I like the technique with all three of the, but just try not to give a lot of empty space in the sigs.

would have said Taker, but I think you gave away a lot of free space aswell with the Joker one. I like the technique with all three of the, but just try not to give a lot of empty space in the sigs.

The empty space isn't really empty though, it's filled with the C4D effects, especially with the joker one. That was the look I was going for, wanted a single focal in the sig and some effects that didn't take the eye away from it :)

2 More thrown together today;

Pitbull
pitbull_sig_by_darkflamegfx-d5879m2.jpg

< This does have a border but it's a 2px white border so it won't show if like me your using the standard wZ skin >

Bizzle Stay Dench
bizzle_stay_dench_by_darkflamegfx-d5879iz.jpg

Tried something extra here, added a light leak stock I found to deal with the colours of the pic and then my c4ds. Some faint and slightly erased scanlines in here too :)

dynamosig.jpg

My tribute to Tidus! God I spent over 300 hours of my life playing Final Fantasy X so it's about time I paid the game a little tribute! This is quite a weak piece though but it was only 5 mins work, some smudging and a few effect c4ds, nothing special, no gradient maps, just an applied image that was sharpened at the end!

tidus_fantasy_alive_by_darkflamegfx-d59sefl.jpg

A somewhat better effort here, made the whole sig a bit bigger to compliment the render! Duplicated it over a black BG, smudged a few times, messed about with the blending modes the threw on the text!

phenom_enal_by_darkflamegfx-d59sf98.jpg

Tried to simplify things here, didn't even smudge anything, just used a few splatter brush, clipping masks and some soft brushing and 2 effect c4ds. REALLY happy with the outcome here!

Defender Of Gotham;
defender_of_gotham_by_darkflamegfx-d5a4kza.jpg

Tried using a different style here, used the same BG I used for my last Batman sig but used simple photoshop effects and desaturated the whole sig! To add colour I used a 'light leak' and resized it!

The Bright Knight Shines;
the_bright_knight_shines_by_darkflamegfx-d5a4ldw.jpg

Here's a couple of newer pieces;

Mighty Thor
mightythor.jpg

Bane
Tried a smudge BG with some c4d's for lighting and a few resized focals for extra effects on the BG. Also tried a 3 layer blur more, gaussian blue & sharpen approach to add some depth to the whole sig :)
banezr.jpg

The Eyes
theeyes2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back