Dantes Inferno

INDYjon22

Nome is where your heart is
Why do so many people love this book. I have to read it for a lit class and i fucking hate it. I get what it is basically representing and all but i cant stand the repetitiveness of it. Every dead person does the same thing. If they arent talking to Dante then they are biting their flesh off and it just gets old. Well those are some of my thoughts, anyone else got anything?

It's because you're reading it for lit. If you read it out of your own volition you might like it.

Why does he have to be so negative?

Because it's hell. HELL.

Your actually probably right about having to read it for Lit. Though I dont think I would ever have read on my own accord.

:lmao:

Dammit, this book about a guy touring hell is so depressing! It needs more dancing hookers.

Damn right it needs hookers and not those hookers that are drowning in shit. It needs hookers who are jumping on a trampoline and playing twister.

It was my favorite story in my Humanities class my Senior year. Fucking loved it. Although I have a bit of an obsession about the idea of hell.

I never had to read it for school. I did however read it for a book report in probably ninth grade. But, I chose it.

Yeah man! Maybe Dante and Beatrice should go out and get an ice cream after the tour, and maybe go to Disneyland.

Well I really like the concept of the book and all I just think that Dantes a bitch punk who talks to some people and kicks popes in their shins. There should be no commending him for being an asshole even if he is in hell if anything he should be trying to be above that if hes trying to buddy up to God.

Nice guys finish last. Soon God will realize that Dante is a BAMF and let him up to Heaven.

I get the jest of it yes. And I just disagree with some of the things that happen in it. If he is trying to be taught not to do these sins then why is it alright to encourtage him to harm those who are already suffering. I guess in hindsight he isnt commiting those sins but it still just strikes me as contradictory. Honestly im not trying to say that its a bad read or that people who read it are wrong or anything, I just personally find no pleasure in reading it.

It's Dante's Inferno. Any book that starts with:

I am the way into the City of Woe.
I am the way to a Forsaken people.
I am the way into Eternal Sorrow.
Sacred Justice moved my architect.
I am raised here by Divine Omnipotence,
Primordial Love and Ultimate Love.
Only those elements Time cannot wear,
Were made before me, and beyond Time I stand.
Abandon all Hope ye who enter here.

Inscribed on the Gates of Hell is going to be sad. In fact, if it wasn't, it wouldn't have been a very good "Look here dudes, this is what happens when you commit the evil sins" book. You should read his other books. He has one about Heaven. It's rather interesting.

Well I know its not exactly a happy book and that doesnt bother me, at all. Like Foley said I probably just dont like it cause i have to read it for class and because its like the 6 story ive read this month that doesnt interest me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back