Daniels & Lynn Heel Turns

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Lynn seemed fed up with RVD's "lack of appreciation" for his "help" and Daniels got a cocky boost after beating AJ even though one could make the claim that he won because of a slip up, or AJ let him. Point being there are now two new heels in the midcard to think about. It seems obvious Lynn and Van Dam will face off at BFG in yet another ECW throwback for the Philly crowd, but Daniels might be a totally different story. He may wanna just move on after beating AJ and settle with what he got. Regardless, they are heels. So one has to wonder what the next steps are and if it seems like a good choice. With Daniels, it's better than nothing as he was irrelevant sadly since coming back. Lynn's a weird one though. I don't recall ever seeing him as a heel. I just hope the deal with AJ is over, as that would make it the 4th year these two feud. Yeah, the matches are good. The story on the other hand... Not so much.

When it comes to these two, it looks as if TNA has them feuding against the guys in which they've had the most well known rivalry. In recent years especially, Daniels & Lynn have kind of needed AJ Styles & RVD to remain relevant.

When it comes to Christopher Daniels, I don't see anything happening aside from at least one more match with AJ Styles at No Surrender. That's not necessarily a bad thing as it should be a good match but, at the same time, it's a feud that's ultimately not going to elevate either one of them. Styles has long since been the bigger star than Daniels and that's not going to change when this feud is over. I might be wrong in this but I feel that if it was going to happen for Daniels, it already would have before he officially hit into his 40s. To me, this feels like just an excuse to give them something to do while appealing to the nostalgia of the old days when Styles & Daniels ruled TNA's X Division.

As far as Jerry Lynn is concerned, it's kind of the same I think. There's going to be at least one more match between these two in which ECW fans will get a nostalgia fix. I've got little interest here as, again, there's just not really anything here for anyone. RVD is still going to be the big star coming out if this and Lynn will still be Mr. Indy when it's all said and done. It should produce a good match and that's all well and good but, like Styles & Daniels, it just feels like a filler feud that's there just to give them something to do. Lynn involving himself in RVD's matches in this way has a sense of extremely lazy booking about it already. If it turns out that Lynn's reason for turning stems from RVD not appreciating Lynn trying to help him out in the match, I'll wind up changing the channel.

So yeah, at the end of the day, AJ Styles & RVD will still be the big stars when these feuds end while, I think, Daniels & Lynn go back to being in their shadows.

I smell a tag match between these four at No Surrender. To make it interesting though I'd make it RVD/Daniels vs former NWA tag champs AJ/Lynn. Then most likely they will be split into 2 singles matches at BFG and much like Jack Hammer said everyone will stay in the same spot on the pecking order that they started at. BTW is Lynn on the TNA roster? Or just a short time deal?

I'm excitied for these two feuds. No matter how many times Daniels feuds with AJ or Lynn feuds with RVD I always enjoy it because I know they are going to have Excellent matches. These two feuds will most likely end at BFG which would be two excellent mid card matches for BFG. Not sure how Lynn and Daniels will be used after the PPV.

i kinda like the heel turns of lynn and daniels as i feel both fueds will come to a head at Bound For Glory which is good as TNA doesnt wanna leave RVD and AJ off the card and this gives both guys good matches with good opponets and lynn can go away after BFG and nobody will care as far as daniels goes...what if he WON the fued with styles? say he faces him at no surrender and styles wins fine then daniels keeps attacking styles until he gets another match with him at BFG and Daniels WINS at BFG and beats him 1 more time? winning this fued could be huge for daniels if they moved him into the title picture after it

I would do it with Daniels like this. Let him win at No Surrender by cheating, He brags and brags about how AJ is the one who lost a step. When AJ challenges him, Daniels refuses saying he already beat him. On Impact, let him wrestle for the X Division title and AJ costs him the win. Have it be an ultimate x match at BFG, maybe make it an X division title match by adding Aries and Kendrick in there.

Thuis is tough to say for maybe they will do something different here. Aj alway's beats Daniels in the end of their never ending feud. And for Rvd, Lynn feud I don't know to much about this one. I just think this time they will have RVD and AJ lose and Daniels, and Lynn winning the serious between their opponets. I also see this as a match to please the fans in Philly to bring back some Nostilga moments. It seems though TNA is still stuck in the old story line world even if it will lead to awesome matches. So yeah I think I'm more into the wrestling action vs the story line on these two feuds. An for AJ and RVD being the face's I actually wish they were the Heels.

I don't see anything, happening for Lynn outside of the next two months. He's just there for the Philly crowd at BFG and then another month to maybe put a bow on the storyline.
As for Daniels, it's kinda hard to say. TNA can actually use him to feud and dominate the X Division again, but I don't know if they would want to take any steam from any of the young talent there. It'll be great if they could use him to take the tv title off of Eric Young. They use him to legitimize the title by having him feud with people like Kazarian, Pope, Gunner, Roode, etc. to make the title look serious.

Daniels? Not sure but It would be rather good to get him a Tag Team partner and let him be a heel. It's a long shot but I'd like to see a Daniels/Jimmy Jacobs combo.

He's 40, he still has wrestling ability but he simply isn't fitting into the mold and direction Impact Wrestling is going. I say, move him to Xplosion.

I highly doubt Jerry Lynn will be with TNA after Bound For Glory. He has nothing left to offer besides this angle with RVD.

Daniels was put over by Hogan on twitter a few weeks ago for his performance at Destination X. I've been wondering if Hulk has seen something in him and wants to give him the ball and see how far he runs with it.

I'm a big fan of Daniels and hopefully he can get some more matches on tv and ppv in the near future. ould have loved to have seen him in the BFG Series because he would have put on some fantastic matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back