• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daniel Bryan isnt ready to main event Wrestlemania

A11oftheLights

Getting Noticed By Management
Daniel Bryan was nearly out of action for a whole year. There were doubts he would be ready for WrestleMania let alone the Royal Rumble. Hell, there were doubts if the man needed more surgery or not. And that is why he isnt ready to main event yet.

The WWE could not and rightfully would not risk Bryan winning the Rumble and is injury playing up again and suddenly he's unable to compete at WrestleMania and they are without a Main Event.

Just like a proffessional athlete in other sports, you dont a) rush them back before their ready and b) give them a full workload. Doing so would result in a greater chance of an injury occurring.

if he is competing, its because he is 100% cleared to do it. Cena was supposed to be out for almost a year, and came back in 4 month.

Dont take this as an offence, but i think that your POV is way off buddy.

This is just WWE wanting to have Reigns being THE guy, and yet failing miserable because DB its still way over than everybody else.

Just because he's 100% cleared to go doesnt mean he cant reinjure himself or pick up a new injury. He could end up damaging his other because he's favouring it over the other. You just dont know

Just because he's 100% cleared to go doesnt mean he cant reinjure himself or pick up a new injury. He could end up damaging his other because he's favouring it over the other. You just dont know

Yeah, of course, that applies to the 30s RR participants, and the entire roster every day of the week.

Hell....that apply to every single person in the entire world, every second of their lives.

Still way off my man.

Okay, fair point. Maybe Bryan couldn't handle it so quickly after his return. It doesn't explain away the fact that they booked him like a fucking joke. I mean, he'll withstand the loss as he's waaaay to popular to be diminished by one bad loss but why couldn't they let him have an impressive showing? Have him eliminated due to underhanded tactics or something. You know, protect the character even a little fucking bit?

And furthermore, they brought Bryan in before the Rumble to help sell the PPV. He was easily the biggest star in the match and the odds on favorite to win the whole thing in the minds of many. What a fucking slap in the face of the people who purchased/logged on in hopes of seeing one of their favorites perform only to see him treated like a standard mid card guy? It may not technically be a bait & switch but it's pretty fucking close.

Yeah I'm with MoRtAnDaD on this one; you're POV is off if Bryan has been cleared to wrestle from a NECK injury then he is good to go if you're fit to wrestle in the rumble you're fit to wrestle the main event of mania.

You're argument that Bryan might get injured is quite frankly moronic if I'm brutally honest as previously stated, anyone can be injured any time anywhere. Hell there could be a plane crash that could wipe out half the locker room doesn't mean the WWE is going to avoid booking half the locker room.

The WWE didn't use Bryan because he couldn't it's because they didn't want him

It's less to do with Bryan not winning and more with the booking of the match. Every crowd favorite in the rumble was made to look like shit. From Bryan to Ziggler, everyone crowd rooted for were made to look terrible.

May be Bryan shouldn't have won. But what's the logic of the kind of booking he or Ambrose or Ziggler received?

Exactly, as all you guys just said. Plain and simple, DB didnt win because they (WWE) want to impose roman reings.

Ziggler, ambrose, wyatt, rusev....didnt win for the same reason.

Injuries has nothing to do whatsoever in any of this.

Honestly I don't know what you guys wanted. The only person who was booked super strongly to me was Bray Wyatt. DB was entered. He did well. He eliminated Kidd and he got tossed like 29 others. Ziggler looked pretty good as well. Anyway here I am going to try and help some of you guys out.

Vince likes certain guys. Those are the ones he pushes. He is not going to change because he doesn't have to. You like your INDY guys cool. Don't watch the E because Vince probably won't push your favorites. Watch ROH or TNA or whatever little league your stars are on. If they go to the E be pissed at THEM. Not Vince. They knew what to expect when they went there.

You DO NOT have to watch wrestling if you do not like the product. Turn the channel. Move on. It's okay

I was so excited when Daniel Bryan got eliminated. I was a bit worried that they would go with him for the win because all the crying fans think if they boo loud enough they get what they want. Glad to see Roman win and get his spot at Wrestlemania in a main event that will be believable.

Honestly I don't know what you guys wanted. The only person who was booked super strongly to me was Bray Wyatt. DB was entered. He did well. He eliminated Kidd and he got tossed like 29 others. Ziggler looked pretty good as well. Anyway here I am going to try and help some of you guys out.

Vince likes certain guys. Those are the ones he pushes. He is not going to change because he doesn't have to. You like your INDY guys cool. Don't watch the E because Vince probably won't push your favorites. Watch ROH or TNA or whatever little league your stars are on. If they go to the E be pissed at THEM. Not Vince. They knew what to expect when they went there.

You DO NOT have to watch wrestling if you do not like the product. Turn the channel. Move on. It's okay

Thats the thing! you can do exactly the same, just avoid posting and relax. You dont need to come and see people ranting about Reigns winning.

But yet you do, so you are basically doing the same that you dont understand about the others.

Vince likes big body builder guys, just like you do, yet...he understood that last year and put a midget in 2 matches, one for the wwe title. So he likes big handsome guys, but he like money way more.

Myself, i would have love to see Wyatt winning, i just like the guy in the ring, but well, im happy because he was well booked in the match overall. Not much love for bryan myself, but i cant deny reality.

Yeah, of course, that applies to the 30s RR participants, and the entire roster every day of the week.

Hell....that apply to every single person in the entire world, every second of their lives.

Still way off my man.

It doesnt apply to every other person because not every other person came back from neck surgery a month ago.

Bryan has been cleared to wrestle from a NECK injury then he is good to go if you're fit to wrestle in the rumble you're fit to wrestle the main event of mania.

You're argument that Bryan might get injured is quite frankly moronic if I'm brutally honest as previously stated, anyone can be injured any time anywhere. Hell there could be a plane crash that could wipe out half the locker room doesn't mean the WWE is going to avoid booking half the locker room.

Where to start with your crap. MoRtAnDaD kept the discussion logical and respectful. Did you even read all of my original post? I said the WWE may have been worried that Bryan would be injured again as he could be favouring one arm(because he lacked strength in one arm after his neck surgery).

Maybe Bryan couldn't handle it so quickly after his return. It doesn't explain away the fact that they booked him like a fucking joke. I mean, he'll withstand the loss as he's waaaay to popular to be diminished by one bad loss but why couldn't they let him have an impressive showing? Have him eliminated due to underhanded tactics or something. You know, protect the character even a little fucking bit?

And furthermore, they brought Bryan in before the Rumble to help sell the PPV. He was easily the biggest star in the match and the odds on favorite to win the whole thing in the minds of many. What a fucking slap in the face of the people who purchased/logged on in hopes of seeing one of their favorites perform only to see him treated like a standard mid card guy? It may not technically be a bait & switch but it's pretty fucking close.
If they used underhanded tactics to eliminate him that would be even worse. The fan outrage would be even worse. As for being treated like a mid-card guy, i dont know. He was done by two people and 29 people have to lose and can you tell me a way that Bryan goes out that is clean?

Daniel Bryan was nearly out of action for a whole year. There were doubts he would be ready for WrestleMania let alone the Royal Rumble. Hell, there were doubts if the man needed more surgery or not. And that is why he isnt ready to main event yet.

The WWE could not and rightfully would not risk Bryan winning the Rumble and is injury playing up again and suddenly he's unable to compete at WrestleMania and they are without a Main Event.

Just like a proffessional athlete in other sports, you dont a) rush them back before their ready and b) give them a full workload. Doing so would result in a greater chance of an injury occurring.

HHH 2002
John Cena 2008
Edge 2010

They all say hello :)

Seriously though. Roman Reigns could get injured on Raw tonight without even competing and be out for 6 months. This is wrestling. You're never safe in the ring.

Daniel Bryan has been cleared to wrestle. Thats all HHH, Cena and Edge needed when they returned.

Plans could change for every single match penciled in. Bray Wyatt is supposedly going against the Undertaker. What if Wyatt has a match in the next few weeks and tears his quad. I suppose Taker can sit out.

You work around it. If Bryan gets injured again, at least WWE did the right thing in giving him the victory, and then they can have another match to determine who can face Lesner. Bryan could even endorse him.

Sorry but your reasoning behind Bryan not being ready is poor.

A11oftheLights, just relax brother, i think we are discussing just for the fun of it.

Going back to your original post, after what happened in the last decade with the injuries, i think that injury-wise, WWE is taking every single aspect in count before they give the green light for a return.

Remember Edge?, thats a good example of WWE saying, ok boy, you ride is over.

On the other hand, John Cena coming back at the rumble 2008 (or 2007, dont remember) The guy has a serious...really serious injure, yet he came back 6 month early, and went to wrestlemania, and (thank god for him as a performer) didnt face any problems with his shoulder.

Believe me, if they gave the greenlight to DB, its because the guy is 101%, and the clear to compete means that doctors assure the guy WONT have any backfire of the injury (which doesnt mean, that he wont get injury again).

If they used underhanded tactics to eliminate him that would be even worse. The fan outrage would be even worse. As for being treated like a mid-card guy, i dont know. He was done by two people and 29 people have to lose and can you tell me a way that Bryan goes out that is clean?

Horseshit, it wouldn't have been any different. As long as Bryan lost and Reigns won, the crowd was going to react that way. If some underhanded tactics were used (Say the Wyatt Family reunion actually came through and they triple teamed him, just as an example) it wouldn't have pissed the fans off any less nor would it have pissed them off any more. It would have protected him though and that's where my complaint lies. Where does he go now? Who does he go after on Raw tomorrow?

After all of the fanfare surrounding his return and entrance into the Rumble, the way he was eliminated is ridiculous.

HHH 2002
John Cena 2008
Edge 2010

They all say hello :)

Seriously though. Roman Reigns could get injured on Raw tonight without even competing and be out for 6 months. This is wrestling. You're never safe in the ring.

Daniel Bryan has been cleared to wrestle. Thats all HHH, Cena and Edge needed when they returned.

Plans could change for every single match penciled in. Bray Wyatt is supposedly going against the Undertaker. What if Wyatt has a match in the next few weeks and tears his quad. I suppose Taker can sit out.

You work around it. If Bryan gets injured again, at least WWE did the right thing in giving him the victory, and then they can have another match to determine who can face Lesner. Bryan could even endorse him.

Sorry but your reasoning behind Bryan not being ready is poor.

There werent stories of setbacks after setbacks for those guys as there was with Bryan, that is what my whole reasoning not justification of what i think one of the reasons behind WWE going with Reigns over Bryan

Horseshit, it wouldn't have been any different. As long as Bryan lost and Reigns won, the crowd was going to react that way. If some underhanded tactics were used (Say the Wyatt Family reunion actually came through and they triple teamed him, just as an example) it wouldn't have pissed the fans off any less nor would it have pissed them off any more. It would have protected him though and that's where my complaint lies. Where does he go now? Who does he go after on Raw tomorrow?

After all of the fanfare surrounding his return and entrance into the Rumble, the way he was eliminated is ridiculous.

Thats not underhanded tactics, ignoring Rowan being an illegal competitor, that would be a legitimate way to eliminate somebody from the rumble. Underhanded to me would be Triple H pulling him out, J&J running in and beating him down.

Correct me if im wrong (which i probably am) but i think in edge case, he went under 2 surgeries, because the first one didnt fix at all the problem on his ankle.

Anyway A11oftheLights, not offence again, but i think that clearly the injury has nothing to do here. WWE wont allow anyone that can potentially reinjure himself to step foot in the right. They dont allow any type of physicallity for Hogan...or even edge.

And to be honest, if the guy was cleared to wrestle again in late december, early january....its because he has been 100% for at least a couple of month before, and was training full steam until the announcement was done by him on raw a couple of weeks ago.

If WWE is anything like any other sport, you dont get the clearence until you are tested and sure than whatever injure you have is not longer a threat and its back to it status quo.

A Wyatt Family reunion happening with them all eliminating Bryan would have been far better because they actually would have been giving the fans something. There actually would have been another story to come out of the Rumble besides who won.

Bryan's booking was horrible, and just shows how out of touch they are right now.

For the OP, if for some reason they aren't convinced Bryan can handle the WM main event, then it's simple. You don't put him in the Rumble! You don't even announce that he's ready to come back until after the Rumble is over and done. The second they had Bryan come out and announce he was entering the Rumble, Reigns didn't have a chance. When they gave him mid-carder booking and had him eliminated before Reigns even came out, it was all over. There were only ever two possible winners of this years Rumble. It was going to be Bryan (because that was logical and what the people were begging to see). Or it was going to be Reigns (because that's what Vince wanted to see).

They screwed up big time. This is all that needs to be said about that

http://time.com/3682093/cancel-wwe-network-royal-rumble/

Disagree badly. if Bryan isn't ready due to injury then he wouldn't have been brought back, he wouldn't have worked a very long RAW match vs. Bray Wyatt. he would've been brought back late in the rumble and eliminated quickly to prevent injury (see Kharma or Cena)....this was WWE's way of saying, we think Bryan is a B+ player (and no i don't think it's a storyline, i think Vince McMahon truly believes that garbage that Bryan is a mid carder for life and not a main event star) and we don't want him to main event Mania, so we will go with Reigns. i like Reigns, BUT WWE in my book 1) screwed up by having Bryan even in this match, if Reigns was going to win no matter what, don't have Bryan return, bring him back a month later, then the fans wouldn't boo Reigns to death. and WWE 2) cost themselves a chance of making Rollins a MAJOR heel. imagine this, Bryan won the rumble....beat Lesnar at WM.....then Rollins cashes in. he would've been booed out of the building for winning over Bryan and in turn wwe would've had a major heel in Rollins. now if he cashes in on Reigns, it wont be as big as it would've been if it were Bryan, but like i said, WWE cost them that and like i said above, WWE would've been smarter to not have brought Bryan back. they should've seen this coming, but didnt.

It's less to do with Bryan not winning and more with the booking of the match. Every crowd favorite in the rumble was made to look like shit. From Bryan to Ziggler, everyone crowd rooted for were made to look terrible.

May be Bryan shouldn't have won. But what's the logic of the kind of booking he or Ambrose or Ziggler received?

The underwhelming booking of the match certainly played a role in the audience reaction last night. But that was heightened by the fact that the audience simply didn't want to see Reigns win.

The audience has been voicing their displeasure over Reigns for 2-3 months now and clearly held out some hope that their displeasure would cause the WWE to change their mind - if for no other reason than to avoid a situation like they had last year. The problem, though, is that only 2-3 guys had any realistic chance of being inserted into the WrestlMania main event over Reigns.

Daniel Bryan was the biggest hope. That he stayed in the match for 10 minutes and was eliminated almost by accident before the match had even hit the midway point was possibly the dumbest booking decision in Royal Rumble history (though, it was somehow challenged by a decision later in the night.) The audience knew there was a 99% chance that Reigns was going to win, and when Bryan was eliminated - it became a foregone conclusion that Reigns/Lesnar would headline WrestleMania this year. To make matters worse, he was eliminated at point in the Rumble where the audience still had to watch 30 more minutes, all the while knowing that they were going to get an ending they hated.

(Note: The booking decision that rivaled the Bryan elimination as the worst call in Royal Rumble history belongs to whoever decided to make Rusev the final elimination. The anti-American gimmick is the easiest gimmick in the world to book. It has NEVER failed to draw heat... But last night, the WWE actually managed to turn Rusev into a face. The guy who spews anti-American venom was being cheered in the same city that birthed the Declaration of Independence. Why? Because the guy became the only hope between Roman Reigns and the WrestleMania main event.

...doubling down on their idiocy, the WWE then had Rusev contfront John Cena backstage following the show - likely setting up Cena/Rusev at WrestleMania. At this point, I'm willing to gamble that people start waving Russian flags at WrestleMania in support of Rusev. )

I don't watch Indy shows, never have. If your so naïve that you think only Indy fans like Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler than you must be deaf to not hear those crowds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back