• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daniel Bryan - Heel Turn?

Showtime

It's Showtime!
I see a Big Show Heel Turn thread... but I think that would be a terrible idea. Big Show is very over with the fans, has not shown any direction that he is going to turn heel, and truth be told he is probably a lot more comfortable as a face than a heel.

Daniel Bryan on the other hand, while he is over as a face, I think is more likely to turn and would be a better heel than Big Show. First off... I am upset that DB cashed in at TLC and didn't go on to WM. Whatever reason there may be... Henry being injured, WWE not fully behind DB, whatever the reason, it's unimportant in this thread. What is important though... is how the match ended. Big Show beat Henry. When DB cashed in the first time and it was reversed... he rationalized it that he wants to beat Henry at any cost. He rationalized that Henry has beaten the living crap out of him and he wants to see to it that Henry loses the World Heavyweight Title.

So TLC rolls around and boom Henry loses and Big Show wins. So the question is then... why did DB cash in? The logic can actually be rather simple and supports a heel turn. DB thought he won the title on SD a few weeks back. He felt what it was like to be champion. And then it was taken away before it could ever really begin. He had another opportunity and he lost that one. The logic is simple, DB broke his plan to wait until WM and sampled a taste. To use a real life example, just like with any virgin who loses it, once you do that's all you want, especially if you were just at the tip of it (pun intended). DB will probably go on SD and rationalize that he saw an opportunity and he took it. He would go behind Show's back, who's acted like a friend to DB, just to take it. The buildup to a heel turn may take weeks or may happen at the next SD, but I have a feeling it will happen.

My opinion on it. I love DB and I think in the ring he is one of the best and his mic skills have slowly improved. I also think this heel turn is needed. While Bryan will always be a popular face, since he lost the US Title he's been very plain and not over enough to the point you'd think he was the next one. His popularity has kinda plateaued. If done right, a heel turn can turn Bryan into a more aggressive wrestler, similar to Benoit, and maybe showcase more mat wrestling from DB.

I believe that Daniel Bryan should go heel. The last few faces that cashed in the contract has gone heel. Kane went heel last year after cashing it in on Mysterio, on the same night winning the contract. CM Punk did this a couple of years ago on Jeff Hardy. So it seems to me that this might happen. The only other face to win was RVD, but he stayed face because of him setting up the match ahead of time and then winning it. This is the most logical reasoning, if there is a heel turn at all.

i so hope they don't do a big show Daniel bryan feud it would just suck.i think db should stay face and feud with maybe christian or wade barrett.i think if he turned heel you look at the possible feuds he could pull off is maybe randy orton.i dont think people would have a interest in him feuding with sheamus or big show because of his size.im sure he would make the match entertaining but he would'nt be able to show all his talents in the ring.where as i think people like christian barrett and maybe even cody rhodes would bring out the best in db

I think they just wanted the MITB case off of him so they dont have to have him in a main event at WM28. he's an incredible technician, he's really over with the crowd, but I think that creative already has enough to do for WM in the ME dept without having him challenging for a title.

that's just my opinion though.

If done right, a heel turn can turn Bryan into a more aggressive wrestler, similar to Benoit, and maybe showcase more mat wrestling from DB.

He can show aggression and still remain a face. In fact, this behavior would benefit him quite a fit in the role he's already in. Bryan could act like he did when he stood up to Henry. His matches can showcase his submissions skills and he can cut promos about how eventually everyone taps and he will stand up to anyone who does not take him seriously. Also since you mentioned Benoit.... He didn't have to be a heel to show aggression in his submissions either. WWE can keep Bryan a face and do something similar with him. Remaining a face makes more sense because alongside CM Punk he can be one of the other faces of this current movement of listening to the IWC that WWE seems to be on at the moment.

I would prefer a Daniel Bryan heel turn over Big Show turning, but it looks like Show will be the one turning. I think that because of the rumor awhile back that Show might be facing another celebrity at WrestleMania (possibly Shaquille O'Neal). Traditionally, the WWE wrestler in the celebrity match has been heel (Show against Money Mayweather, Bam Bam against Lawrence Taylor, Piper against Mr. T) so if they go that route, I'm betting on the Big Show being a heel again.

That said, I like him better as a face and think he should remain one the rest of his career (who knows how many more years he has left), so I hope I'm wrong. Also, I think Bryan could be an intriguing heel and him and Punk could have a great feud in the future.

I don't like the idea of Daniel Bryan as a heel. It's not that I don't believe he's capable of doing so, as he has an aggressive personality that works well for him as a face, and also could as a heel. But he's been portrayed as an underdog hero during his entire tenure in WWE that I'm not sure what he could do, especially on the Smackdown brand, that would truly turn him heel.

I don't see Randy Orton or Sheamus as true "faces", as they fit much better into that tweener category of loners with anger management issues that like to beat people up. But in the same way that the crowd turned Orton and Sheamus face, I think the distinct possibility is there that the fans wouldn't allow Bryan to turn heel. I suppose they planted the seeds when they had Bryan cash in on a face in Big Show rather then a heel in Mark Henry, so they very well could be laying the groundwork for it. However, even with Bryan pulling a "heelish" move and cashing in on a virtually unconscious opponent, he received possibly the loudest pop of the night. Sure, they've portrayed him as a face through and through thusfar, but you'ld like to believe that some people would have booed him cashing in on a face, right? Didn't happen.

Finally, consider who Daniel Bryan's biggest detractor has been for the past two years while he's been in WWE: Michael Cole. With Cole being the announcer/character that does nothing but side with heels, wouldn't it be quite the hole in storytelling for Cole to suddenly justify Bryan's actions? I know WWE isn't exactly known for their continuity, but this would just be too much of the leap to make.

I don't like the idea of Daniel Bryan as a heel. It's not that I don't believe he's capable of doing so, as he has an aggressive personality that works well for him as a face, and also could as a heel. But he's been portrayed as an underdog hero during his entire tenure in WWE that I'm not sure what he could do, especially on the Smackdown brand, that would truly turn him heel.

I don't see Randy Orton or Sheamus as true "faces", as they fit much better into that tweener category of loners with anger management issues that like to beat people up. But in the same way that the crowd turned Orton and Sheamus face, I think the distinct possibility is there that the fans wouldn't allow Bryan to turn heel. I suppose they planted the seeds when they had Bryan cash in on a face in Big Show rather then a heel in Mark Henry, so they very well could be laying the groundwork for it. However, even with Bryan pulling a "heelish" move and cashing in on a virtually unconscious opponent, he received possibly the loudest pop of the night. Sure, they've portrayed him as a face through and through thusfar, but you'ld like to believe that some people would have booed him cashing in on a face, right? Didn't happen.

Finally, consider who Daniel Bryan's biggest detractor has been for the past two years while he's been in WWE: Michael Cole. With Cole being the announcer/character that does nothing but side with heels, wouldn't it be quite the hole in storytelling for Cole to suddenly justify Bryan's actions? I know WWE isn't exactly known for their continuity, but this would just be too much of the leap to make.

I share that exact feeling, LSN. Daniel Bryan made an excellent heel on the independents and could do the same again, it's just that it would feel like a waste of the the very good work they've done making him into an underdog baby face these past couple months. It wouldn't make sense to turn someone heel before they got the most out of his face run.

i can see both turning heel. i think they'd like bryan to turn heel to change up his character. but with the news that shaq wants to wrestle show at wrestlemania, they could eventually turn show heel so shaq can get over even more in front of the miami crowd.

I'd like to see Bryan turn heel. As of TLC, with Punk and Bryan as the champions, they can start a "minority has become the majority" angle with Bryan having the Divas of Doom mentality towards wrestlers who were part of the WWE machine. Someone like Miz can win the Royal Rumble and challenge for the World Heavyweight Title. This can be where Miz and Bryan can double turn, with Bryan claiming to resent Miz for being one of the WWE's golden boys while the more talented Bryan was misused and forced to wrestle in high school gyms for the majority of his career. Miz is now the underdog face who has to prove that he worked just as hard as Bryan and all the other indy gods.

That actually works to his favor. Have him come out and say stuff like its always been guys like michael cole that have made him strive to be better, by his criticism and than have him say that he was always trying to impress the internet marks, but really he should have been listening to guys like cole and miz . And than you get all the heat that cole has and it should transfer to bryan.

I don't think that turning Bryan heel would be the right thing to do because he was established by WWE as the likeable underdog who finally accomplished his dream of becoming World Heavyweight Champion and seems to only now be starting to get over as the underdog Champion in my opinion it would be a real buzzkill if WWE turned him heel now.

This is actually what I've been contemplating for awhile now. If Daniel Bryan were to make a full blown heel turn, would we see a complete 180 in Michael Cole's character? Would he begin to show support for Bryan? Or would he continue to ridicule him and make a face turn?

Personally, while having Daniel Bryan turn heel is something I'd certainly be not against seeing, I feel like his aggressive personality would serve him better as a face for now. The audience also seems genuinely behind Bryan that I don't think turning him heel would be a good idea at this point. At the same time though, if creative plans to put him in a full blown feud with Big Show, I certainly have no interest in seeing Big Show turn heel. I'll be content either way but I'd rather see Bryan stay face for now.

EDIT: I suppose I should just throw out there that I've never seen Daniel Bryan's work in the indies so I can't make a judgement call for his heel work there. From what I've read, it's very good and he plays the role well. If that's the case, then I'd like to see how well he can pull it off at some point in the future.

The thing about D-Bryan is there's a good chance his character will get stale really soon. If he were to turn heel and adopt a more aggresive, Benoit-like gimmick, I feel like he could get more over with the crowd and remain a top heel for a long time. What would really be awesome is if he starts shooting on WWE and criticizes people for not being good wrestlers, getting opportunities handed to them (Cena, Orton) and even change his name back to Bryan Danielson. That would be the icing on the cake.

I believe they said this on CSR but i could only believe Bryan to be a heel if he was as brutal as Benoit when he was a heel and only if Michael Cole still hated him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back