• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daniel Bryan Back - How does this affect the top tier?

I just think it craps on a bunch of guys that busted their ass to move up to the next level but got a thanks but no thanks slap in the face. As much as I dislike Cena he's a credible person to put against Lesnar but little gimpy Bryan is gonna go over him at WM or before?

As I said in the Bryan returns thread, I think there's a chance that fans might be okay if it's someone else at WrestleMania against Lesnar if Bryan hadn't been injured and had a good, long run in the main event/title picture. They saw him have a huge moment at WrestleMania XXX, now they're hoping to see him have that good, strong run as champion they were hoping for.

Bryan vs. Cena as one of the top matches MIGHT be enough to pacify people if it means Bryan goes over and winds up back in the title picture at some point before the year is out. The problem with the scenario is that Cena eliminating Bryan out of frustration is pretty much a heel turn and that just ain't gonna happen. Cena's not even gonna be a tweener because Vince simply doesn't want to do anything to alter the formula for Cena. He's had a couple of really good opportunities to do so the past couple of years, the most recent being Cena's lopsided loss to Lesnar. Here was an opportunity to evolve Cena a bit, to make him more than WWE's resident Superman who's all but invincible, but Vince didn't go for it. Instead, he went the same old route of putting Cena over at the expense of fresher, rising stars like The Wyatt Family.

If Bryan's really healthy and can still deliver in the ring, even if his style's modified a little, then I agree that it'll be difficult for WWE to avoid the risk of fans hijacking WrestleMania. If the plan all along wasn't to put Bryan in the WrestleMania XXX main event, which I don't think it was, then Vince discovered that he can't just brush off what people want if enough of them ultimately say "I don't agree with who you want in this spot and I want this guy", then he'll cave. He has to, otherwise he runs the risk of leaving a lot of money on the table and have the biggest wrestling show of the year crapped all over by hostile fans.

Personally I think it now gives the WWE time to groom Reigns properly, and gives him the time to get a proper singles career under his belt before going for the title. Ambrose will continue to get over and so will Ziggler just in case Bryan can't get back to his former self.

He has pretty much a guaranteed title shot, even though I don't see him winning the Rumble but because he was stripped of the title, they have to let him at least have another chance at it.

This is my line of thinking as well. I never really expected Ziggler or Ambrose to win the Royal Rumble ... to me, that was all just a way for people to try and inject some unpredictability into the Rumble match. But now we have some real unpredictability heading into Wrestlemania season; Does Bryan or Reigns win the RR? If Daniel Bryan wins, who does Reigns face and vice versa? Does Seth Rollins/The Authority somehow screw Bryan out of a RR victory? Who walks out as WWEWHC at Mania? One return has created a shitstorm of theories already and that's great imo. Now it's really Mania time.

I think Bryan wins the Royal Rumble. He's really the best option by far imo. Reigns will not be hot shotted to the main event, I'm almost sure of that now. WWE has not really had enough time to truly build Ziggler up as a legitimate threat to the title, and Ambrose has taken too many losses in a short period of time. It makes sense to give Bryan the moment he deserved last year. I'm sticking with my pick though, and predict Seth Rollins still walks out of Mania as WWEWHC.

So my question is this. How do you think it will affect guys like Reigns, Ambrose and Ziggler if Bryan is back in fighting form?

I think it helps Reigns a lot. Another year for WWE to build him into a better all around pro-wrestler which is exactly what he needs. 2014 built a very strong foundation for Roman Reigns, now he just has to build on it.

It may hinder Ambrose a bit. Daniel Bryan will basically be inserted into the same programs that would have been reserved for Dean because of similar build, wrestling style, and fan appreciation. I said on another thread that Dean Ambrose will win the WWEWHC in 2015 ONLY if Bryan does not return. We'll see what happens.

I don't think it affects Ziggler too much. Maybe he would have made a jump to the main event scene if Bryan were out longer, but I really see him being the go-to guy in the mid-card, and I think WWE had that in mind as well.

people complaint about cena always takes the mainevent spot. But now bryan take that spot. When he return he directly takes the mainevent spot. No one stood against bryan. They immediately booed by bryan fans. We witness that last year rumble. WWE never do that to roman. Now bryan became a talents carrier killer. He got everything until fans throw him away from their heart.

Because Cena has had that main event spot now for 10 years. Bryan has had that main event spot for all of about a year, and then a year cut out due to injury, so I dunno how that even compares. Bryan deserves to have the spot, besides his 5 star matches he can put on every week, the guys also the most over wrestler since Austin/. No one gets a pop like Bryan in WWE, not even Cena at Tribute to the Troops gets Bryans kinda pop.

He deserves to be in the pack, but a lot had changed. By that logic Barrett should get first pick at Ziggler, and Shaemus at Rusev. Orton never received his rematch either.

Injuries are a part of the career choice, and sometimes guus just get unlucky. It is less fair to give him his spot back over those who have earned it in his absence, than for him to have to climb the ladder again due to an unfortunate injury.

But that's exactly true though, those guys SHOULD get the first pick. BNB should get first pick against Ziggler and Sheamus whenever he comes back should get it against Rusev or Ryback if he comes out on top of this feud. Orton's situation was obviously different as he wasn't stripped of the title and yeah his rematch thing was handled pretty badly, but he still officially "got it" when he was part of the Kane/Reigns/Cena Fatal 4 way, not great I know but they did it to the Miz too and it's only a matter of time before they do it again.

In terms of "fairness" that's debatable, I see it being pretty equal as DB had to earned his spot just as much as anyone that had to step up in his absence, least if he gets his spot back(personally I'm not so sure of that happening, we'll see) we get see him complete his initial run instead of having that looming "what if" over our heads.

Also if Brock being champ showed anything this business isn't always fair, not by a long shot.

I want Daniel win the Royal Rumble. I was very excited when he made the announcement,although I was never a fan of him. I don't mind if he main event Wrestlemania for a second time in a row because his connection with the fans is awesome.

How all the other superstars will be affected by the return of Bryan?
None of Roman,Dean,Dolph was the top guy. They will continue to get the push but maybe now,no one of then will go to Wrestlemania for the title.
This is why we were complaining for.
Roman isn't ready.
Dolph has a mid card title.
Dean loses a lot.
So I believe it's the right choice to have Daniel win The Royal Rumble match , win Lesnar,lose to Seth via cash-in and in the rematch someone interferes and starts new feuds for both Daniel and Seth.

I'm really happy Daniel Bryan is finally coming back. He was gone way too long. I wonder about a few things though. Will he change anything about his in ring style? Is he more fragile than he was before? We still haven't had an official report regarding the health of his neck/arm. He says he's ready to go, so I hope that everything is alright heading into 2015 and beyond. The last thing anyone wants is for this to be another Edge situation where he's wrestling on a time limit. He could be a top star for years if he's able to physically hold up. In any case, welcome back Daniel Bryan!

I think and hope we will see a Lesnar vs Bryan match. After his untimely reign earlier this year, I could see Daniel Bryan vs Lesnar being a Wrestlemania headliner.

Bryan is the best wrestler in the ring AND the most popular wrestler.....and he's really become quite good on the mic.

And he never lost the title in the first place! It seems like an absolute no brainer that he wrestles for the title at Mania.

Personally, I'd like to see him beat Lesnar for the title. It would be a great comeback story to take the title back that he never lost, could potentially be an all time great match.

And THEN Rollins should cash in on him at some point and win the title. Cashing in on Bryan could get insane heel heat.

If you watched RAW tonight you saw Daniel Bryan come out to make an announcement. Most of us on the LD discussion thread thought it didn't look good, and he was going to announce his retirement.

Instead it was a huge swerve and he announced not only is he not going to retire but he'll be entering the Royal Rumble in a few weeks. Now Bryan has been out for most of the year after his shoulder surgery, but he looks good and raring to go.

For months now a lot of fans have been speculating he either won't come back, or not be in shape to wrestle. Well mostly me, but that being said, we know the WWE is pushing the hell out of Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler. They've been touted as possible replacements for Daniel Bryan.

Considering the pop he got from a totally dead crowd in Washington, it's clear Bryan hasn't lost any of the fans that were behind him last year. They were thrilled.

Personally I think it now gives the WWE time to groom Reigns properly, and gives him the time to get a proper singles career under his belt before going for the title. Ambrose will continue to get over and so will Ziggler just in case Bryan can't get back to his former self.

He has pretty much a guaranteed title shot, even though I don't see him winning the Rumble but because he was stripped of the title, they have to let him at least have another chance at it. So my question is this. How do you think it will affect guys like Reigns, Ambrose and Ziggler if Bryan is back in fighting form?

Reigns is going to be 2015's version of Batista in last year's RR. Bryan asserting himself in the Rumble doesn't do any favors for a guy who has already lost a lot of luster from fans. Reigns wins, he'll get boo'd out of the arena.

I think it ultimately is a great thing.

Granted the roster now seems loaded with guys who are at or close to main event potential. Cena, Dolph, Reigns, Rollins, Bryan, Cena, Orton, Rusev, Ryback, Lesnar, Barrett.
But that's great!

Remember the IC Title feeling like it meant something? That was because guys who we believed could be world champion had that belt.

If you have a Cena/Lesnar/Bryan/Orton as permanent main events, and Rusev/Reigns/Dolph/Ambrose/Ryback/Barrett group below them that fans feel should be main eventing, how does that do for the product? it does ACES.
That's how the roster was in the attitude era.

When Stone Cold was IC Champion, and then a few months later World Champion. Same with The Rock, Angle, Benoit, Cena, etc. It's a time honored tradition, and it's a great one I have sorely missed.

I haven't been this excited in about a year and a half for WWE, and that says something.

Reigns is going to be 2015's version of Batista in last year's RR. Bryan asserting himself in the Rumble doesn't do any favors for a guy who has already lost a lot of luster from fans. Reigns wins, he'll get boo'd out of the arena.

I don't think Reigns will win now, the WWE was hotshotting him I believe because they really had no one else. Yes there was Ambrose and Ziggler, but they've been hot on Reigns for a long time now.

Lot's of rumour's have been spread about Bryan's return, everything from, he's isn't coming back at all, he'll come back to a limited schedule, or he's coming back next week. It all depends on who you talk too, and what they've heard. No-one really knew for sure except for him and the WWE.

Last night he confirmed his return and it must have made some in the WWE very happy. Now they can take their time with Reigns, let him grow into the superstar they want. If they do give him time and like JackHammer said he doesn't make it, then nothing lost, nothing gained. In the meantime they have Ambrose, Rollins and Ziggler in reserve.

I believe Daniel Bryan might win the royal rumble, and he deserves it for sure. However, he isn't the guy I want to win it. Nor is it Roman Reigns ... I'm rooting for the Legend killer Orton. I believe he can put on a great story with lesnar (assuming lesnar is still champ). With Bryan vs the beast, the match and story is too predictable. Overused underdog and the unstoppable force. David and Goliath. It can be a good match but I feel that bryan should work the midcard at WM. Bryan vs Ziggler for the ic title would not only bring prestige to the championship by having bryan win it but the two of them will have the best match of the night. I want Ambrose vs Rollins vs reigns for mania. Reigns is nowhere near ready to the spot wwe wants him to be at.

Completely agree about having a second title. The way things are going Ziggler will never see a title shot.

As far as Cena goes I think it might end up being good for him. As much as people want to see Bryan v Lesnar, I don't think WWE would risk a freshly recovered Bryan. I can see Cena beating Lesnar. Maybe Rollins tries to cash in again and we end up with Lesnar v Rollins and Cena v Bryan at mania.

Yeah it sucks for Ziggler getting those concussions last year and saying stuff in that interview around Summerslam last year that got him trouble, he had promise. His run from late 2012 to WrestleMania 29, reminded me of Rollins' run right now. I don't think he could ever recapture that especially since WWE is looking to push their younger stars (Reigns, Wyatt, Rollins).

Yeah Cena is big enough now, he's an icon. I don't know. The thing about wrestling, he's probably never going to be 100% after all that mileage he got wrestling all these years. I'd be surprised if WWE trusts Rollins to close out a WrestleMania.

Daniel Bryan coming back, which I am stunned by, puts Reigns back on the shelf. No way they are going to push him into the Main Event at WM31. It would destroy him as a character. However, I DO see someone Main Eventing WM31. No question having DB announcing he was coming back for the Rumble will sell the Network like hotcakes. I doubt he will lose. So, that said, Daniel Bryan will be the challenger in the Main Event at WrestleMania 31 against the WWE World Heavyweight Champion......

SETH ROLLINS

Before you all call me crazy, or look for the phone number to have me committed, hear me out. First off, Lesnar is gone anyway after WM. Very few will believe that Bryan can beat Lesnar, especially after destroying Cena at SummerSlam. It will give NOBODY a reason to purchase the PPV, as it will literally telegraph Bryan winning the strap.

Secondly, Trips and Steffi are back in power. They have a hard-on (kayfabe) for DB the length of Baja. They will do everything in there power to stop DB in his tracks. Now, if they go the Lesnar route, they will be perceived as weak as they needed a "mercenary" to do their dirty work for them. Remember, they went mercenarial at Survivor Series, and got canned as a result.

Enter their boy, Mr. Money in the Bank. Now, how does he get the title? Well, Cena and Lesnar beat the holy crap out of each other at the Rumble. Heyman will do something stupid and cost Lesnar the strap. Cena is battered, beaten, bruised and barely conscious. Seth Rollins and his entourage rush in and cash the briefcase. Cena gets beat, and Seth Rollins is your new WWE WHC.

Now, Bryan and Cena have a war or words the next night on RAW. DB has the Main Event, but not necessarily the title fight. Cena wants his rematch. The Authority says no....unless they wrestle each other at Fast Lane. Rollins gets a quick program with Randy Orton, and will face Orton at Fast Lane, with Rollins winning. The Authority does everything humanly possible to mess with Cena's and Bryan's minds: Having them as tag partners, watching the Bellas get the brains beat in by Paige and Sasha Banks, Nikki being humiliated by Charlotte at Fast Lane. You know where I am going with this.

At Fast lane, DB and Cena fight a war. Several near falls, AA's, Yes Locks, and some outside interference makes this a 5 star match. How does it end? Trips pulls out Cena while he is being pinned by DB. Cena looks at Trips like "WTF?!?" and points to him to stay out of it. Remember, Trips feels some loyalty after Cena bringing them back into power. Cena re-enters the ring, only to be pinned by DB. DB faces Seth Rollins for the WWE WHC in WM 31's Main Event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back