Reigns will not win the Rumble..

I would like to see Roman win the Rumble and go on to Beat Lesnar at Wrestlemania, and right now that is what is going to happen. I would not mind Daniel winning the Rumble but with his neck I can't see him beating Lesnar he would get tossed around like a rag doll which is not good for his neck, besides he has a rematch clause already. I can't see Dean winning for some reason. Randy has a rematch clause as well and John will be in a feud with an Authority member or Rusev. That just leaves Dolph I am not sure if he can beat Lesnar but if they think Roman is not ready please do not push him, go with Dolph right now.

For ages now a lot of us have been panicking in a way over how Reigns was the 'Chosen One' and that he was favorite to win the Rumble. Over the past week it was rumored WWE were looking at a replacement in Ambrose or Ziggler, and that was followed by a returning Daniel Bryan announcing he will enter the match too. With many people, including apparent WWE officials, feeling that he was not ready to have a Wrestlemania main event match, his chances were already decreasing. Now, with Daniel Bryan entering, that gives three options over Reigns, with the fans arguably wanting a Ziggler and Ambrose win way more than Reigns himself if Bryan were to be eliminated. If Bryan was eliminated and Reigns were to win the Rumble, you wouldn't expect anything other than most the crowd turning on Reigns which could be extremely damaging to his career.. a risk I doubt WWE would take, so surely this means he has no chance in winning the Rumble match this year.

What are your thoughts? Do you agree that he has no chance or do you think WWE will choose him? Any feedback appreciated :)

I think Reigns will still win. Plenty have complained for years how Orton, Cena, part timers like Rock and Brock in the main event so WWE has their mind set on pushing a new talent. That new talent is Reigns.

They would't give Reigns Superstar of the Year, an acting coach, satellite promos as well as time designated during the show for him to do promos unlike the other wrestlers.

I think Reigns will still win. Plenty have complained for years how Orton, Cena, part timers like Rock and Brock in the main event so WWE has their mind set on pushing a new talent. That new talent is Reigns.

They would't give Reigns Superstar of the Year, an acting coach, satellite promos as well as time designated during the show for him to do promos unlike the other wrestlers.

I'm starting to look at it from a different angle but I still worry for WWE and Reigns itself. In terms of the internet community most seem to think he isn't ready, so that's support from there gone. And in terms of children support, my two cousins 7&8 aren't keen on him, and only one kid out of five I know who I play football with don't care for him either. I know that isn't representative for the entire 'WWE Universe' but it doesn't sound too good for him in crowd reaction either. We can only predict for now anyways so yeah..

I'm starting to look at it from a different angle but I still worry for WWE and Reigns itself. In terms of the internet community most seem to think he isn't ready, so that's support from there gone. And in terms of children support, my two cousins 7&8 aren't keen on him, and only one kid out of five I know who I play football with don't care for him either. I know that isn't representative for the entire 'WWE Universe' but it doesn't sound too good for him in crowd reaction either. We can only predict for now anyways so yeah..

Yeah true. I guess until the day where masses of people stop buying tickets to their shows, WWE isn't going to care unfortunately. I wish they would but money talks and obviously the mass of people against Reigns are still buying tickets.

It's difficult to say. If Reigns wins the Royal Rumble, WWE risks the possibility of another reaction like the one they got with Batista winning the Rumble. Vince may have pegged Roman Reigns as the next guy, but that doesn't really mean a whole helluva lot if enough fans genuinely don't want him in that spot.

If Bryan doesn't win the Rumble, I see the scenario playing out like this. I see Bryan drawing a very early number and being the "Iron Man" of the Rumble this year, staying in there at least 45-50 minutes. He may even draw #1 and be one of the final 3 or 4 guys left. If that happens, fans will be going nuts with Bryan on the cusp of heading back to a WrestleMania main event. What I could see happening is that Seth Rollins, along with Kane and J & J Security screw Bryan over right when it seems that Bryan has things going his way. Rollins & Reigns could be the last two guys in there with him. Bryan ultimately gets screwed over by The Authority again in the hopes of having Seth Rollins win and main event WrestleMania. After they eliminate Bryan, Reigns suddenly appears out of nowhere and tosses Rollins over the top.

Now fans will probably be pissed off, there's no real way around that at the time. However, Bryan being screwed out of a WrestleMania main event puts him right back into feuding with The Authority, puts massive heat on The Authority & Rollins in particular and possibly sets up a singles bout between Bryan & Rollins for WrestleMania XXXI. Bryan vs. The Authority wasn't most people's pick as rivalry of the year for nothing because fans were so heavily invested in Daniel Bryan and they still seem to be. It's not a title match, but it'll be one of the top matches on the card and these two guys just really click well together and may very well steal the show with a potential instant classic.

At the same time, it's not a perfect plan because WWE still runs the risk of fans hijacking Reigns vs. Lesnar, or whomever is champion come WrestleMania, and that's the worst case scenario for Vince. Vince would be frustrated, embarrassed and flat out pissed off if the title match at the biggest wrestling event of the year is hijacked by hostile fans, the majority of which simply do not want Roman Reigns in this match.

Vince's safest bet, therefore, would be to have Bryan win the Royal Rumble. It's easy and it'll take a helluva lotta stress off everyone involved. It might be lousy luck for Reigns and he'd be understandably disappointed, but if the guys not ready then he's not ready, so pushing him into this big spot he's not ready for won't be doing him any favors. Bryan winning MIGHT not be what Vince wants but, at the end of the day, it's all about the money and they have a better chance of making bigger money with Bryan in that match, probably selling more WWE Network subscriptions and have fans who'll be heavily invested in said match instead of shitting all over it.

Hard to pick royal rumble winner. To be honest the final 10 will be reigns, Ambrose, Rollins, ryback, ziggler, Wyatt, Orton, rusev, Barrett and cesaro.

Triple h will enter. Sting will appear just to eliminate him

This is all the fans fault to be honest. 12 months ago at the rumble when it was batista and reigns the crowd was rooting so hard for reigns it sent a clear message that he was over. Then when he was in the shield he was still cheered massively. Then the IWC turned on him because thats what they do, this wasnt their chosen one so they had to shit on him.

Not really. In all honesty, I could be there against Batista and they would root for me. If it wasn't Cena or Orton, the other guy would be cheered. It has been said many times before, Reigns was protected with the Shield. He never went in the ring for a long time, apart from the finishing of the match and rarely talked on the mic. He did his thing, his 4-5 moves, to end the match and that's why people liked him. He got exposed after, that's why we don't believe in him.

There are other talents so much better than him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back