Dammit Verizon

Frank the Frowner

Getting Noticed By Management
I bought a Samsung HDTV the other day. It was originally $700, but I got an open box model for $580. Call up Verizon, let them know I want the HD Set Top box, they tell me it should be at my house by Friday.

I got it today. I follow the directions, hook everything up, and try to activate it online. Only problem with that is that it couldn't do it, and it said to call tech support.

Call tech support, and after finally getting through all the voice responsive nonsense, they tell me that the box would be activated in an hour. Wait two hours, and the box is still not activated, and still displaying mumbo-jumbo. I call back tech support, and they tell me that there's potentially a problem with the box, and that it could take 24 hours to activate. If that doesn't work, then I have to send the box back. Oh, and I can't plug in the box I'm going to send back, because they're working on the box on their end, which is bullshit.

Of course, it all goes back to when I ordered the box. You have the option of having a tech install it for $79.99 (such a good deal!) or installing it yourself. I told them I'd install it myself, and now the box conveniently has a problem activating.

Better question is...What size is your new TV? And is it 1080p?

32", 720p, but it's perfect for the bedroom. The TV just got released on the market last month, and I almost spent $568 on an Olevia at Target, before seeing if the Circuit City across the street had any deals. The salesman there gave me an awesome deal.

Anyway, I called Verizon back, and talked to a different rep, who pretty much told me that everything the other guy told me was wrong. He said they probably sent me a defective box, and there will be a tech here early tomorrow to install a new box free of charge.

32", 720p, but it's perfect for the bedroom. The TV just got released on the market last month, and I almost spent $568 on an Olevia at Target, before seeing if the Circuit City across the street had any deals. The salesman there gave me an awesome deal.

Anyway, I called Verizon back, and talked to a different rep, who pretty much told me that everything the other guy told me was wrong. He said they probably sent me a defective box, and there will be a tech here early tomorrow to install a new box free of charge.

I got a Fitty inch online about a month back for a pretty sweet deal. Might get another when the cost comes down. Glad to hear that they are going to come fix all of that. I had had to call tech support twice since I got my HD cable installed two weeks ago.

I got a Fitty inch online about a month back for a pretty sweet deal. Might get another when the cost comes down. Glad to hear that they are going to come fix all of that. I had had to call tech support twice since I got my HD cable installed two weeks ago.
I got a 61" 1080p TV, complete with 1000w surround sound...and a 32" 1080p TV in my bedroom that I bought for $500.

just saying.

I got a 61" 1080p TV, complete with 1000w surround sound...and a 32" 1080p TV in my bedroom that I bought for $500.

just saying.

What brand?

Samsung, and Sony ( I believe) are the only two brands I'd trust regarding my HDTV. I have a Samsung 40" right now, 1080p.. although someone told me it isn't getting the full 1080p because I don't have a proper hook-up of some kind.

I think they said my xbox 360 isn't getting the full 1080p, because only the Elite's carry that. But I can't recall for sure.

What brand?

Samsung, and Sony ( I believe) are the only two brands I'd trust regarding my HDTV. I have a Samsung 40" right now, 1080p.. although someone told me it isn't getting the full 1080p because I don't have a proper hook-up of some kind.

I think they said my xbox 360 isn't getting the full 1080p, because only the Elite's carry that. But I can't recall for sure.

My big screen is Samsung, as is my Surround Sound/5 disc changer, which is nice because Samsung has this thing called "Anynet", which basically means one reads the other, and you only need one remote...plus you can play your ipod on the surround sound, and use the TV to scroll through your iPod. It's pretty cool.

My 32" is a Magnavox I bought from Staples, back when I was working there. I bought it like 2 or 3 years ago, for $500. Needless to say, it was a steal.

As far as getting full 1080p, all I need is a HDMI cable. And then, I have to change my system settings to accept only 420 and 1080p. Otherwise, games default to either 720 or 1080i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back