• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cyber Sunday: Shelton Benjamin vs. ???

Who will face Shelton Benjamin?

• Festus

• MVP

• R-Truth

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnthonyMango/NoFate007

A Post Is Worth A Thousand Words

Just days before WWE’s most interactive pay-per-view, WWE announced a preview match which will stream live and exclusively on WWE.com right before Cyber Sunday at 7:45 p.m. ET – United States Champion Shelton Benjamin vs. YOUR PICK!

YOUR CHOICES: 1) Festus 2) R-Truth 3) MVP​

Ugh. This is the WWE's way of trying to make it seem like the fans are incredibly behind R-Truth. For the love of God people, please don't pick R-Truth!!! Hahaha. I can't stand that guy. Plus, Festus and MVP would put on much better matches, I think.

Well all three choices are good choices. R-Killings is obvious in it, as he is being pushed heavily, and looks to be a future US Champion. Festus has also been pushed recently, and needs to get the single run going. MVP on the other hand doesn't deserve the spot, but him being in the US title hunt will give the poor guy something. I think R-Killings will win here, and probably the title.

Haha...I think I'm the only person on here that actually like's Killings. I find him exciting in the ring and I like the fan interaction/support. Anyways I'm hope Killings gets the votes but I don't know if he should get the belt yet. He is doing decent as a chaser so maybe another few weeks. MVP would be a good choice and then he could maybe turn face but I dont know if the fans will vote for him. Festus could be entertaining but I don't see him winning nor do I want him too.

I'm just going to vote for Festus because it would be funny to see WWE's plans for R-Truth completely flop by people voting for who WWE doesn't want them to vote for. And because I'd rather see something different happen, like Festus becoming U.S. Champion, lol. Not that I really think he'll make a great U.S. champ, but I might be interested to see if he actually does get voted in. Although, even if he does win the voting he'll probably just win via disqualification anyway.

OMg i thought this wasn't for cyber sunday. omg . omg . lol ha ha. anyways i see r-truth with teh votes but i would liekt o see mvp in the match. they would have a amazing match i think. where as r-truth wouldnt have a as good match. alright but not good. imagine mvp winning. i would literally kill myself if he did. If mvp were to win i would see him loosing but dq.

Hmmm, Festus but not TBK? Booooooooooooo!!!!!!!! I don't mean to sound like i'm dissing Festus, i enjoy watching the guy every week, but come on, THE Brian Kendrick would have been a far better choice.

We should be having a WWE tag title match as well on Sunday, and Festus would be an option for that, but no instead no tag title match for Smackdown.

To make this even worse is that this match isn't even going to be on the PPV! It's going to be on WWE.com instead?!?!?!? WTF?

I can already see R-Truth winning this poll, and tbh he probably is the best candidate. MVP really hasn't been having good matches lately. Forget the whole losing streak angle, the matches just haven't been as good as we know he can do. If Festus won, i think the match would definitely be over in 5 mins. Shelton would get his ass kicked until hitting some kind of cheap shot, and either hitting Paydirt immediately afterward or getting DQ'd.

Truth would probably give the best effort and get the best out of Shelton, but the problem is, is that we've seen this match already.

And if the title changes hands, that'll make the fact that the match wasn't on televised PPV even worse.

Since this is for the u.s championship and it will be only on WWE.com i would hope that Festus actually wins this because a title match between Shelton and R-Truth should be on PPV and not as a pre-show match on WWE.com. But knowing the WWE and the fans, am pretty sure that they would waste this feud and put R-truth in this match.

Who WILL face Shelton?

R-Truth. The Fans are too behind him and it would prove that votes don't matter if he doesn't win.

Who SHOULD face Shelton?

In my opinion, I'd go for MVP. He is a former champ and has the most to prove. He is against Shelton and has had words with him in recent months, but no real feud has formed. This could be Sheltons big win and MVP's big chance to come back. However, it won't happen.

Why is Festus on the ballot?

I have no clue, unless the WWE thinks he is legit enough to give a push and a new angle. Would he finally snap for good after not getting the votes? That I'd like to see.

Why is this match only online?

Another waste. The US title and the Tag Team titles have to fight to get on a PPV and the IC title is a comedy match. Cyber Sunday is going down the drain.

Another beef I have with this is that the advertised start time for this match is 7:45 PM. This leaves 15 minutes for the whole match. However, I'd take away about 5 for entrances and any other post match stuff. This leaves 8-10 minutes of match time, kinda limited for a championship match. Shelton can easily go for half an hour, and MVP has proven himself just as well. This leads me to believe that Festus or R-Truth is going to be in the match and it will be short and bitter. It will also likely have a poor ending.

This match could have been the best on the card, if it wasn't so predetermined.

R-Truth gets my vote. He is the most interesting out of the possible challengers. Here's why.

R-Truth: Has been getting a push and many fans are interacting with him. He'll make a good champ I think.

MVP- He has already been US Champ, his reign was long and boring. This guy needs to get moved up to the lower portion of the main event level, he does not need a US belt match.

Festus- while he and Jesse are hilarious, they need to stay in the tag team division because if they cannot feud with carlito/primo, then the division would be almost pointless since there is a lack of teams.

So that is why I picked R-Truth. HOWEVER, I will be happy no matter who it is, AS LONG AS THEY WIN! (I don't like Shelton....)

R-Truth:They are pushing this guy to the moon, he'll get the match. The fans are really behind him, and it is virtually impossible for anyone else to get the nod here.

Festus: So, why is Festus here again? When was the last time he even did something you can remember? I'd like Festus to get this match, but its not going to happen. But Festus would be a better option, and they could change his gimmick. Oh well, a man can dream.

MVP: Wouldn't be a bad option, but i'd prefer Festus over him. He needs to be moved up to the lowr main event htough, and a US title match at this point would just lower him further, if that's possible. But as i've said countless times, he needs a new finisher, he also needs to start caring. He's above the US title but he just isn't trying anymore, if he did he could be in the main event.

Why put this as an online preview? You've got a US title match, not even on the PPV, just an online preview for a PPV. This degrades the title even more, if that's possible. They should not let the title change the hands, that should be saved at least for smackdown, but not on an online match. But there is no way the title is changing hands if its online, a lot of people won't see it then and will wonder what appened.

I know many of you might not like Shelton Benjamin, but you have to admit that he is a tremendous athlete and half the WWE Roster cannot do half the things that he is able to do. He has also proved in the past that he can be a really dominant champion and can hold a title for a long period of time without making the championship look weak or make himself look weak. With that being said let me talk to you about the three possible opponents for Shelton to defend the United States Championship against...

R-TRUTH... This is the obvious choice, but I have to say that it isn't exactly the smartest. The match will likely go two ways: either Benjamin continues his losing streak against R-Truth and loses the championship or Benjamin becomes the first person to defeat R-Truth and retain. Both choices, if they happened are quite early. Benjamin has only been champ for a little over 3 months and SHOULDN'T lose the title that fast and R-Truth has only been with WWE for a little less than 2 months. Both options make them look weak and I think the best finish if this match were to happen, is for Shelton to get himself DQ'd which doesn't usually happen in pre-ppv matches. In closing, I'm not against seeing R-Truth as the next United States Championship, but I think it's a little too soon.

M.V.P.: Heel vs. Heel matches are normally not the best idea, so this match is pretty much out of the question. These two had a match up several weeks ago and was cut short due to WWE thinking the fans would lose interest. M.V.P. had the longest U.S. Championship reign in WWE and it was COMPLETELY BORING so having another reign would make it seem like his career is going down more than the current losing streak M.V.P. is having now.

FESTUS... I still don't know what WWE's plan for the Jesse and Festus team was from the get-go, but to tell you the truth... I'm a little confused. WWE had countless promos for them with each one ending with, Now that... that is the face of a... and they have had many championship matches and coming out on the losing end. Now, out of nowhere Festus is slowly becoming a single's competitor while Jesse is pretty much doing nothing. Why is Festus a choice? I have no idea, but I'm sure a Shelton Benjamin vs. Festus match can't be that bad.

The fact that this match is on WWE.com and not on the actual pay per view itself is disrespect to both Shelton Benjamin and the United States Title. I won't be watching the match anyway as I'll be at school when it's on due to the time difference, but I think this match is pretty pay per view worthy. This instantly tells me that Shelton is retaining no matter who he faces here.

As for the voting options, well R-Truth seems to be the popular choice and the guy is being built up very well and has a fairly good but a little annoying gimmick. I do like his wrestling style and think that he could well and truly win the United States Title one day, but certainly not now. It's too early for him and Shelton seems to be fitting for the belt at the moment. R-Truth will most likely get voted in to face Benjamin at Cyber Sunday.

Another option is MVP who was the champion not that long ago. However, heel vs heel matches just don't work out good for anyone. He shouldn't be winning the title again anyway as I think he should be pushed to the main event come this time next year. The fans won't vote for him anyway, so he's just a waste of space on the voting option list.

Finally the last option, Festus. I personally want Festus in this match as Festus vs Benjamin sounds fresh and could actually be a good match. Festus shouldn't be a jobber, he's better than that. But I doubt he will get voted in. Since Jesse and Festus have been de-pushed with their garbage gimmick, the fans don't give a crap about them which leads be to believe that Shelton will face R-Truth. But either way, Benjamin retains here in a 10 minute match before the actual pay per view.

This is what's pissing me off about this TXT voting. Last year I would have taken the time to try and get an opponent for Shelton that he wouldn't normally have got. That would be Festus. R-Truth is shit, and that match will happen anyway, and MVP in now a job boy. Why not have him face Festus? He's not going to win. But he's more intresting that Killings. Who would you rater hear busting a rap whilst walking to the ring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back