• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cutting the 'dead wood', TNA firings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's who I think should get let go:
The Steiners
Scott Hall
Kevin Nash
BG James
Abyss
Robert Roode
Eric Young
Chris Harris
Dustin Rhodes
Rellik
Raven
Jeff Jarrett
The Steiners thru Nash can go because they've gotten too old to have the right to take away spots from the younger talent. BG thru Harris can go because they are whiny brown nosers, and that kind of atitude should not be rewarded and TNA has an opportunity to show what that kind of behavior leads to. Rhodes and Rellik can go because they bring nothing new to the table. Although, they could be a good managing team. Also, Raven and Jeff can go because they have huge egos, and Jarrett is hurting the product.

A legend like Kevin Nash? He had some godawful matches in WCW, even worse when he moved to the WWE. The only reason he got opushed so much was because when it started, the Outsiders and the NWO were huge. Then they became overused.

Scott Hall though, I am pleased with his recovery from alcoholism. Though to call him a legend is a bit harsh.

I wont hold you to your word, as no one in their right mind would say that calling Hall a Legend is harsh. He was in the first ladder match in televised WWE history, and back in the day he was one of the most solid competitors period. If he only had that first ladder match, I'd still say he's a legend, but the fact is he was one of the founding members of the nWo, further making him a big part of wrestling history. He is nothing short of a legend by any stretch of the imagination, and that being said is not influenced by my personal opinion, which would have him ranked higher than that.

As for Kevin Nash, it is just your opinion that he had some bad matches in WCW. If you ask me he had great matches in the WWE against the likes of Shawn Michaels and others. Moving to WCW gave him more of a chance to use his influence, but I was still greatly entertained by his matches none-the-less. After coming back to WWE he still kept my focus, and while he has had some poor matches (who hasn't?) I still respect him and remain a big fan of his to this day.

Akilliez said:
The Steiners thru Nash can go because they've gotten too old to have the right to take away spots from the younger talent.

They have a right, if not more of a right, to have that spot. Being young shouldn't mean more talented. I'd much rather watch a Scott Steiner clothesline than a Petey Williams Canadian Destroyer.

Completly agree Raven should be used more but unfrontly he got married last year and his new wife doesnt want him to involved in wrestlering (which sux)
And Sharkboy, Petey Williams, and LAX will ATLEAST (maby longer) til Febary cuz TNA is comin To My homeTown! YESSS! and there already in scheduled matches.

The thing I am having a hard time with understanding, is what is with everyone wanting Sting, Angle, Christian and everyone else over the age of 30, to put the younger guys over? Christian is in the prime of his career, and Angle has a ways to go before putting people over should be his number one priority. Everyone keeps pushing the deadline for putting people over further and further down. In a year you'll be saying Alex Shelley needs to put over the younger guys. It is just ridiculous. Putting people over shouldn't ever be a concern. Just think of it as winning and losing. Angle and Christian can lose once in awhile, and they do.

I would personally hate it if Sting's sole roll in the company was to put some dumbass lil kid over. I wouldn't mind him losing if the match was good enough, but for that to be his only purpose puts a lack of interest in him or his matches.

Samoa Joe in the main event? Maybe in another 5 years after he learns not to insult legends in a shoot promo at PPVs. He'd be damn lucky if he had half the success of Scott Hall.

Did you happen to work for Eric Bischoff and Russo when they were pushing guys like Benoit, Malenko, Guererro and others down?

Since when does being 30+ give you automatic main event status? In case you haven't realize, Orton and Lesnar got pushed up to that level as did The Rock and they were in their 20s. And Scoot Hall? A legend? Maybe Joe wouldn't have had to do that shoot if Hall just....what is it? Oh yeah, SHOWED UP!!!!! He didn't want to be a part of the whole thing, he should have never showed up to begin with.

Kurt Angle is basically now the TNA equivalent of Triple H. This is worse than when Jarrett was wrestling. he always had to wear the belt, now it's Angle. They're so hell bent on acquiring stars and disregarding talent they've grown themselves, they don't even know what to do anymore. You want guys on the chopping block, let me sum it up like this.

Raven- Hasn't had crap for him as of late. Might as well just cut the losses with him.

Steiners- They were one of the greatest tag teams. WERE being the key word. They're too slow, old and nowhere near what they used to be.

Team 3-D: I'm already sick off the whole 3D vs the X-Division crap. They're not what they used to be either.

Shark Boy- He's pretty much a punching bag and the whole being bandaged up and all? not funny.

Black Reign- Dustin Rhodes is out of shape and trying to pull off this Psycho Golddust gimmick and it's not working.

Rellik- What's the point of this gimmick? Anyone can come up with an answer for that, I'll change my mind about this guy.

The big names all started as the young talent and now that they had a taste of the spotlight, they want to cling to it. It's why guys like Styles, Daniels, Joe, Sabin, Shelley and others are being held back by dumb guys in charge of management and now Kurt Angle being a glory hog with a death grip on the world title. TNA wants to make Angle the primary focus of that brand? I'm going to go start digging the grave for TNA because that's gonna kill it.

I'm going to go start digging the grave for TNA because that's gonna kill it.

Well said i don't think TNA is going down just yet but i really dont see them making a huge name for themsleves. They are to gimmicky and dont take it serious and yeah okies WWE doesn't some times, but pft who cares, WWE technically are wrestling what other company is bigger than them? TNA needs to wise up and toughen up i think, stop with the tapings, get rid of Don West, and start taking it serious. You would have thought with the talent they have plus Angle and Booker and a big finacial company behind them they would have moved up the food chain to at least where WCW was in its 5th year, but nope. Why? Because they aren't taken serious by the fans, i cannot watch an episode of Impact without laughing. In a sports world with WWE and even the UFC now to compete with TNA wont last when its this gimmicky! So in TNA is going to fire anyone fire the bookers, well maybe not Russo but still!

Who should be fired? Well, that's an easy one - the Voodoo Kin Mafia. They're supposedly there for name value, definitely not for talent. Whatever wrestling style you like, they're just not good at it.

As for being there for name value, well, it's just not working is it? Not only do they have new names and the most annoying valet that I've ever laid eyes on, but they have zero exposure. Zero exposure + name value = nothing good. They're just there as a drain on the product as a whole. I can see why Team 3D and even The Steiners are kept around, but these guys are absolute dead weight.

Two more easy ones - Rellik and Black Reign. They're supposedly there as a hardcore element. Too bad their hardcore matches aren't very special at all and their characters are merely cartoonish and mildly annoying, if you care to pay attention which I often do not. More dead weight, just fodder for Abyss until Mesias returned. I think the time to drop them like hot shit has come round.

Who will be let go? Other than Senshi, I don't have a clue. I sometimes wonder why TNA keep half the guys backstage. I guess just to put a drain on funds. They've got a lot of dead weight they could do without, it's about fucking time they trimmed the roster. Take out the guys who are doing nothing, and who are too cartoony, and you're left with a solid core with more potential than people may think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back