• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cutting the 'dead wood', TNA firings

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailinthecoffin

Dark Match Winner
TNA are planning on trimming the roster and cutting the "dead wood" from the locker room. The feeling is that if a wrestler isn't there to make TNA the best promotion around, then they should be released.

:blink: oh dear this cant be too good, this generally means anyone whos not in the heavyweight picture or has 'star power' is going home, i can see a good half a roster worth of names coming up here to be released, some of them are blatently obvious and others arnt, either way it looks like a majority of x division guys are going and a few of the mid carders.

i personally blame angle for all of this. before he came to tna the most we had to deal with was christian cage who when the time was right jobbed out and lost the title, angle however came in stole all the spotlight, ended joes winning streak (tnas biggest mistake) then through him into the title picture without having him job once. just look at some of the PPV's pre angle then look at the PPV's afterward, sure when he arrived it was a big bang for TNA but now hes gotten stale, i dont want to see a TNA PPV main event filled with ex WWE guys, i remember like alot of you, the days when the main event was the styles/joe/daniels feud, a feud that put TNA on the map, as far as im concerned angle has done nothing for the company, since he joined he has jsut become another name people can label within TNA as a WWE cast off, he hasnt improved ratings, he hasnt increased buyrates, he hasnt done anything but steal the spotlight, ladies and gentlemen you have your new Hulk Hogan. and TNA is the new WCW.

but all that is neither here nor there. basically who do you think will be packing their bags.

i personally can see the following going -

shark boy - entertaining but not really anything more than filler material
petey williams - hasnt been used in a while, cant see his push going anywhere
VKM - filler material
jimmy rave - filler material
lance hoyt - filler material
elix skipper - as talented as he is XXX havent been used properly and he will probably face a release
LAX - im unsure if they will go, but TNA isnt using them properly right now
matt morgan - why even hire him in the first place?
ron killings - is he even still with TNA?
raven - he is rarely active, yet he could play a major role as an on screen manager if given the push and could really be useful to backstage booking and creative, he is a psycological genius.

now heres my list of who should go -

KURT F'N ANGLE - he will and i repeat WILL be the downfall of TNA, he has been with them for a while and hasnt improved the ratings or buyrates, he has just had the spotlight placed on him and hasnt even done a decent job to anyone on the roster, he is wasting money and time for TNA.
Kevin Nash - big guy whos brilliant on the mic but he just cant perform the way he used to.
Team 3D - just names that arnt even that much star power
The Steiners - need i say more?
VKM - see above

now before anyone flames me for my personal choice in who should be let go think about it, these guys are supposed name brands, yet they havent been with THE major company in sports entertainment (yes i mean WWE) in a while now and thus any potential fan base TNA were hoping to draw just hasnt caught on, did any fans follow kurt angle over, no they didnt, did anyone follow nash over, no they didnt etc etc, fact is sure TNA brought in a few names, names dont build a company up, the talent does. if theyde have brought kurt in, had smaoa joe destroy him in a match and then push joe towards the title and have angle work over the mid carders they may be better off than what they are now, but their not, because wether we like it or not, true wrestling fans do not make up the majority of the fanbase, the kids do, and as much as it pains me to say, if TNA really wanted to be the best they would have to sign someone with real star power now, so their choices are HBK, Jericho, HHH or :shooter: Cena

its going to take a huge name thats marketed right to put over TNA guys to get them going, not dragging in WWE guys who failed drug tests or couldnt perform anymore, if TNA continues like this it wont see next year, just release all the 'star power' names, use the money from their salaries to pay for marketing and you wouldnt have to cut the dead wood.

:twocents:

Thoughts?

:now heres my list of who should go -

KURT F'N ANGLE - he will and i repeat WILL be the downfall of TNA, he has been with them for a while and hasnt improved the ratings or buyrates, he has just had the spotlight placed on him and hasnt even done a decent job to anyone on the roster, he is wasting money and time for TNA.

Thoughts?

I agree with everything, except the part about Angle not doing a decent job to anyone on the roster. I believe Angle did a decent job to Jay Lethal at No Surrender. Sure it was for the X Division Title, but it was a clean job. Unfortunately for Lethal, TNA hasn't used that victory to build him or the division up. Besides that one job, you're right.

As for who I feel will get fired:

1)VKM: :)
2)Black Reign: Really hasn't brought anything to the table. Dustin's only use at this stage of his career would be to go to the WWE and feud with his brother Cody, and maybe his father Dusty. Other than that he should just retire.
3)Sting: I know he can't be fired, since his contract ran out. However, TNA is trying to re-sign him. At this point I really can't see what he could possibly add to TNA. Yes he's a big name. But he also adds to the, already thick, glass ceiling.
4)Team 3D: :)

That is it. For now!

I don't agree that Kurt Angle hasn't brought anything to the table. I, for one, love his matches and promos, not to mention his wife.

i remember like alot of you, the days when the main event was the styles/joe/daniels feud, a feud that put TNA on the map

I wont disagree that their matches are good, but I don't like these guys in the main event picture. They just don't look the part, or have the career yet to be put in the main event picture. I love TNA, and have been watching since they were just weekly wednesday payperviews. The draw for me? Names. I saw a Raven promo on an advertisement and I was hooked. I see a Hogan promo, I'm in deeper. I'm just not that big of a fan of lil guys jumping around.

As for the firings, I can see someone like sharkboy go. Who the hell is this anyway? Where is this clown going to go in the company? A change of gimmick at LEAST. I really don't think this grown man running around biting people in the ass is going to get TNA to the next level.

Sonjay Dutt can go too. He's just another high flyer with an annoying personality. The only reason I ever liked him was because he was doing stuff backstage with Kevin Nash. Now don't get me wrong, I like some of the lil guys like the MCMG, but Sonjay just doesn't have star potential in my opinion.

I keep forgetting who Senshi is, so its not that big of deal to me that he quit.

People who I realize a lot of you dislike and hope to be fired, are among my favorites. Team 3-D. What is so wrong with having their matches end in DQ or some other non-traditional fashion? I really like the storyline that they keep trying to get out of their matches without a clean finish. I also greatly enjoy their promos and respect what they have done for the business. They are one of my top marks in the tag team division.

Scott Steiner. His promos are among my favorites. He is one of the true personalities that make me think he can truly beat the shit out of someone. Every time he calls Joe a fat bastard I laugh my ass off.

At the top of my list of people I don't want to go, but it may happen sooner than later, is Kevin Nash. Since I'm not a fast paced action kind of guy, I really enjoy Nash's matches as of late. There is nothing fancy about them, just a beat down. His legacy and personality are among the reasons why he is one of my all time favorites. This last altercation with Scott Hall is very disappointing to me, and I hope this doesn't effect Kevin Nash's hope of having one more long run in professional wrestling.

All in all, I just really hope that who ever does get fired will reasses themselves and come back better. Also, I hope the firings help TNA in one way or another.

The thing is yes kurt angle did a job to jay lethal, but it hardly got him over, all lethal did was hit a quick roll up, if they really wanted to get lethals win over they shouldve had him get the finish with the top rope elbow drop, instead like always TNA dropped the ball

I wont disagree that their matches are good, but I don't like these guys in the main event picture. They just don't look the part, or have the career yet to be put in the main event picture. I love TNA, and have been watching since they were just weekly wednesday payperviews. The draw for me? Names. I saw a Raven promo on an advertisement and I was hooked. I see a Hogan promo, I'm in deeper. I'm just not that big of a fan of lil guys jumping around.

i dont believe you should have to 'look the part' to be in a main event, you should be able to get by on your in ring skills and abilities to draw in the crowd to the match, look at samoa joe, sure hes not some roided up 300lbs 6ft bohemoth WWE tries to have us get behind as their champion, but dammit he has the talent, he can work submissions, when he hits someone he makes it look like he could hurt them, and for a guy his size he flies better than rey mysterio.Although i can agree with you on some level about names being TNA, i feel the names should be used to get the TNA talent over.Look at Sting, the reason ide like to see him back in TNA was because he gets the TNA guys over, the same goes for Christian Cage. So far ive yet to see kurt angle get anyone over, all he seems to do is rob valuable tv time every week.

As for the firings, I can see someone like sharkboy go. Who the hell is this anyway? Where is this clown going to go in the company? A change of gimmick at LEAST. I really don't think this grown man running around biting people in the ass is going to get TNA to the next level.

couldnt agree more

Sonjay Dutt can go too. He's just another high flyer with an annoying personality. The only reason I ever liked him was because he was doing stuff backstage with Kevin Nash. Now don't get me wrong, I like some of the lil guys like the MCMG, but Sonjay just doesn't have star potential in my opinion.

i agree and disagree at the same time with this, while sonjay is an amazing high flyer, he doesnt get the push (like the rest of the x division) he needs.

People who I realize a lot of you dislike and hope to be fired, are among my favorites. Team 3-D. What is so wrong with having their matches end in DQ or some other non-traditional fashion? I really like the storyline that they keep trying to get out of their matches without a clean finish. I also greatly enjoy their promos and respect what they have done for the business. They are one of my top marks in the tag team division.

there isnt a problem with their matches ending in DQ, and when they first came into TNA to go against AMW it was fine, but as of late theyve become stale and even though they dont have the tag titles they seem to be thrown in our faces as the top of the tag division anyway, and having them destroy the X division all the time hurts TNA's credibility.

Scott Steiner. His promos are among my favorites. He is one of the true personalities that make me think he can truly beat the shit out of someone. Every time he calls Joe a fat bastard I laugh my ass off.

At the top of my list of people I don't want to go, but it may happen sooner than later, is Kevin Nash. Since I'm not a fast paced action kind of guy, I really enjoy Nash's matches as of late. There is nothing fancy about them, just a beat down. His legacy and personality are among the reasons why he is one of my all time favorites. This last altercation with Scott Hall is very disappointing to me, and I hope this doesn't effect Kevin Nash's hope of having one more long run in professional wrestling.

even though they are great on the mic and can cut hilarious promos, it seems thats all they are capable of now, and they dont seem to be helping TNA at all, sure bringing back the steiners to feud with 3D was a good idea to start with, but all in all it was just seen as a few ex-WWE guys going at it. And as for Nash sure he was hilarious with the x division but in doing so hes turned them into a walking joke, thats possibly why so many top x division stars have left over the years, due to TNA making them all take a back seat to the 'big names'

see to me when I first watched TNA I enjoyed it much more when it was all about the X Division, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, even when it was just Jarrett

I am not blaming Angle but to me it seems like when he came to TNA things just changed, I personally don't like the hiring of all these Old Guys if anything I am more of bigger fan then TNA originals then I am of guys that either coming from WWE or that was part of WCW, I am a bigger fans of AJ Styles, KAZ, Eric Young, Samoa Joe then I am of Angle and all the Old WCW guys, because they are all predictable you know what they are going to do you even know what they are going to say most of the time, adding Sting was cool but when they started calling and accepting everybody it started looking like the old WCW, some of you said on here "that is a good thing" but it is not, I wanna see new guys new talent new moves I never seen before not things I enjoyed 10 years ago

plus the politics really effects wrestling more then wrestlers think, I hate being force to watch somebody have a title run that is just not entertaining

well i think this is good actually, dont worry, TNA wont fire the x division guys, they are still high on the x division and like showcasing them, even though they dont get main event pushes, TNA loves the x division and wont let them go

so as for the firings, i think its a good thing, TNA needs to clean up their act, this will be the 1st step, fire usless talent... enough of putting in useless matches, in other words get rid of

VKM
lance hoyt/jimmy rave
shark boy
nash (i just know that if he goes, ratings wont change, and he really doesnt do anything to the company, he cant even put ppl over cuz he doesnt wrestle)
steiners (i also doubt the ratings will drop if they leave, enough of scott and his drunk promos, i admire him for still trying to wrestle but man when ur times up ur times up)
elix skipper (with senshi gone, XXX is dead, and i doubt they will use elix as a singles guy... im seeing only daniels staying from XXX)
all the women (lol sorry but i really dont care for the womens division, just being honest)

there are some more but u get the idea, and yes i know there are some other guys who arent doing much for the company but they could if TNA actually did something with them

like petey williams will never go cuz TNA wants to be able to say ''hey check out this finisher'' and im guessing he was the one who won the x division title shot so hes already in for a push

team 3D i say keep them, b4 this storyline i wanted them out but im enjoying this storyline and i know that when its done team 3D will put over the x division

and whoever thinks LAX is going has to be crazy, LAX will get their second push once again just wait a bit

as for sting i hope he stays not only cuz i enjoy him a lot but hes willing to put over any talent so i hope he stays

booker i would want him to go but it just seems like to me that he really wants TNA to grow, it seems like he isnt there just for himself, he actually seems happy to be there and away from WWE

kurt should step down from the spotlight but dont fire him cuz hes one of the best talents TNA has, doesnt matter if he draws, but hes a great wrestler, keep him...

TNA is becoming more, and more like WWE. Now they're cutting back on what made them popular, on what made them different. This really sucks. Now TNA's going to be filled up on heavyweights, and the wrestlers who aren't heavyweights and still with TNA will become jobbers. I don't know what they're thinking. What's going to happen to guys like A.J Styles? They'll become jobbers!

To me i think this very well could be the begining of the end of TNA. This is the cracks that are now starting to show so much that even WWE on Raw took a jab at them with the Fake Scott Hall.

If TNA fire people yeah they have to fire poeple who are obviously not contributing to the "right" direction of the company? Im sorry but what at the moment is the right direction for TNA that they belive they are taking? They, each day are becoming way more like the old WCW. Senshi quit for petes sake! Hes quite a big star and was in a big tag team and he just straight up quit does that not tell you something?

The one person TNA should fire or 2 wrestlers they should fire at least are, firstly Kurt Angle, ever since hes been in its been TNA Total Non Stop Angle he has ruined the company in my opinion. When i look back at what made me love TNA it was the whole originality and new stars i never seen before. My first TNA match i had seen was Jeff Hardy vs Raven in Lockdown Tables match. Now obviously i had seen Jeff before but not in this role. This was TNA, and was even alright even when Cage came, hes a top star but as soon as Angle comes in Bang end of TNA. nailinthecoffin i 100% agree with the point hes the new Hulk Hoagn. The second wrestler the should fire is Booker T he hasnt yet and wont make much of an Impact at all in TNA and is washed up now WWE have used him.

Ladies and Gentlemen this is i feel the begining of the end of TNA. Unless they promote young guys and new match types and new people in new locations its over.

man yall need to relax, TNA if i remember correctly didnt want to fire the ppl who werent contributing to the "right'' direction of the company, they are going to fire wrestlers who arent contributing to the company... and thats it, in other words, wrestlers who arent doing anything, that are deadweight, since when is the x division deadweight in TNAs eyes? sure they lost the main event spot and focus of the company over the years but TNA still is and probably still will use the x division whenever they can

this always happens, if some big change is gonna happen in TNA ppl think its the firing of the x division, relax, the x division isnt going anywhere, sure its taken a backseat to the heavyweights, but TNA is a wrestling company who is focused on wrestling, not only crusierweights, so why cant TNA do the basic thing in a wrestling promotion and center their product around the heavyweights? the only reason TNA used to focus so much on the x division is because its all they had

im not saying they shouldnt push the x division back to being important, im just saying that just because the x division isnt the focus of the company doesnt mean its what they are gonna end... x division is there to stay get in ya heads... well i could be wrong.. but then again so could every1 else... lol

First i see sharkboy going no matter what and possibly vkm i don't see them letting black reign go hes currently in a feud with abyss and his match at turning point was actually alright.I agree on sonjay an amazing high flyer but hes not being used right so it might lead to his release i mean i remember at genesis they just threw him into a title match with no build up.As for petey i don't see him getting released based on what happend in turning point with the suit case looks like hes getting a push.

As for angle i agree he dosent put talent over i mean when lethal got the clean pin samoa joe comes out and beats him down makeing his clean pin over angle look like nothing.Sting should be recontracted if possible because he puts young talent over and so does cage.

Kurt Angle the downfall of TNA is laughable, beyond laughable. The guy is probably the best reason to watch TNA. He is the only legit Superstar that can still go in that promotion. Angle can work a crowd with his mic, and no one, no one, can lace Kurt Angle's boots in all of wrestling, let alone TNA.

I love Samoa Joe marks that still bitch about Joe losing to Angle. Angle is one hundred times the wrestler that Samoa Joe is. Samoa Joe is a poor mans Taz Rip off. He's famous for what, using a crappy choke hold and no selling, yup, he's bad ass. Kurt Angle out wrestles Samoa Joe 10 out of 10 times, that's why Joe loses to Angle. Angle makes Joe look like an amateur every time they wrestle.

As far as who should be fired?
VKM: Obviously, they have outlived there usefullness.
The X-Division: Guys that bitch that they aren't getting pushed. I respect the X-Division, but if people honestly believe that they should be the main event, they don't understand wrestling. these guys are great opening and being in te midcard, but there has never been a successful American company that was built around Light Heavyweights, that is a fact.

Kurt Angle the downfall of TNA is laughable, beyond laughable. The guy is probably the best reason to watch TNA. He is the only legit Superstar that can still go in that promotion. Angle can work a crowd with his mic, and no one, no one, can lace Kurt Angle's boots in all of wrestling, let alone TNA.

I love Samoa Joe marks that still bitch about Joe losing to Angle. Angle is one hundred times the wrestler that Samoa Joe is. Samoa Joe is a poor mans Taz Rip off. He's famous for what, using a crappy choke hold and no selling, yup, he's bad ass. Kurt Angle out wrestles Samoa Joe 10 out of 10 times, that's why Joe loses to Angle. Angle makes Joe look like an amateur every time they wrestle.

As far as who should be fired?
VKM: Obviously, they have outlived there usefullness.
The X-Division: Guys that bitch that they aren't getting pushed. I respect the X-Division, but if people honestly believe that they should be the main event, they don't understand wrestling. these guys are great opening and being in te midcard, but there has never been a successful American company that was built around Light Heavyweights, that is a fact.

no offense but were obviously on different sides of the fence here. i personally just cant see kurt angle in the light you see him. i dont think he can really 'go' as much in the ring anymore, i mean sure hes got alot of amateur skills, but so does anyone with an extensive amateur background, and as for on the mic, all he seems to be able to do is draw cheap heat every now and then, i personally prefer Christian Cage on the mic as a heel to angle. His in ring skills and skills on the mic arnt really a factor here at all though, its the way he seems to have waltzed into TNA after 'resigning from wwe' (failing drug tests :cuss2: ) and stolen the spotlight all for himself. Loyal TNA fans did not switch on and follow TNA just to see kurt angle fill the top spot on the show week in week out.

as for samoa joe i completely disagree, i dont think hes the poor mans taz, taz for instance was a human suplexing machine, joe on the other hand is a 'wrestling' machine, for me samoa joe is puro wrestling for america, he looks like a second generation kobashi the way he puts on matches etc. And the only reason we all complain that joe shouldnt have lost to angle was because it was completely unjust and wrong of TNA, angle shouldve been brought in to put over the TNA talent, not destroy it and make it look inferior to him.

as for the x division, i agree some of the guys there shouldnt be main eventing, but they shouldnt be squashed or thrown in as filler material, the x division is what sets TNA apart from the watered down cruiserweights of the WWE, and it should in no way or another be made to look inferior to kurt frigging angle.

all in all TNA need an overhaul, and i dont agree that the reason to watch it is kurt angle, for me kurt angle is about as much reason to watch TNA as cena was to watch RAW.

which isnt alot really :twocents:

The feeling is that if a wrestler isn't there to make TNA the best promotion around, then they should be released.

Does no one see this part of the message. TNA are only gonna fire those who they believe are doing them no good.

While yes this could mean that some people you like might be going, it's not cause they're not heavyweights. It's cause they've been slacking.

So if your favorite wrestler hasn't been doing to well lately, it's time to find a new favorite.

That being said here's who I think should go:

VKM- Duh! There slackers to the max!, Black Reign: Dustin Rhodes just keeps coming up with characters to try and stay in the business. It's time to kick him out permanently., Kevin Nash: He's kinda funny I admit, but more of a guy you would bring back to wrestle only one night., Scott Hall: Hey-Yo! may put buts in seats, but no-shows put Hall's name on a pink slip. Team 3D: Ok this is one that needs to be done AFTER they finish the X-division story line, let them finish it, and show Team 3D the door. Finally the Steiners: I haven't seen Rick in a while which is a good sign, but you need to get rid of Scott too.

no offense but were obviously on different sides of the fence here. i personally just cant see kurt angle in the light you see him. i dont think he can really 'go' as much in the ring anymore, i mean sure hes got alot of amateur skills, but so does anyone with an extensive amateur background, and as for on the mic, all he seems to be able to do is draw cheap heat every now and then, i personally prefer Christian Cage on the mic as a heel to angle. His in ring skills and skills on the mic arnt really a factor here at all though, its the way he seems to have waltzed into TNA after 'resigning from wwe' (failing drug tests :cuss2: ) and stolen the spotlight all for himself. Loyal TNA fans did not switch on and follow TNA just to see kurt angle fill the top spot on the show week in week out.

as for samoa joe i completely disagree, i dont think hes the poor mans taz, taz for instance was a human suplexing machine, joe on the other hand is a 'wrestling' machine, for me samoa joe is puro wrestling for america, he looks like a second generation kobashi the way he puts on matches etc. And the only reason we all complain that joe shouldnt have lost to angle was because it was completely unjust and wrong of TNA, angle shouldve been brought in to put over the TNA talent, not destroy it and make it look inferior to him.

as for the x division, i agree some of the guys there shouldnt be main eventing, but they shouldnt be squashed or thrown in as filler material, the x division is what sets TNA apart from the watered down cruiserweights of the WWE, and it should in no way or another be made to look inferior to kurt frigging angle.

all in all TNA need an overhaul, and i dont agree that the reason to watch it is kurt angle, for me kurt angle is about as much reason to watch TNA as cena was to watch RAW.

which isnt alot really :twocents:

superbly said i couldnt agree with you more. To me Kurt Angle is the John Cena of TNA as well as the new Hulk Hogan. I am not a Joe mark but i do believe that Joe shouldnt have lost to Angle not straight away. Joe should have beat him for a long time this shows strength of TNA wrestlers. If WWE guys come in and beat top TNA guys this just shows that obviously WWE wrestlers are better and more superior than TNA ones. I do not believe Angle has made much of contribution to TNA, yeah sure he can draw heat and be funny sometimes with his skits like the whole thanksgiving dinner party! But apart from these why would you watch Angle on TNA? Just to see him defeat TNA guys?

And the point about Team 3D now i may be bias on this because Team 3D aside from LAX are my favourtie tag team of all time and i believe that they shouldnt be fired. I think they definatly still have got it without a doubt as proven by the amount of heat they are drawing at the moment. However i do think that if they were stay on i think they should start jobbing to younger talent and push them which i think is kinda what they are doing with the MCMG at the moment!

See but this is where I see things differently. You're not dealing with Kurt Angle the former WWE star. He's something much better. Kurt Angle is a former Olympic Gold Medalist. To most, including me, that transcends anything he's ever done in the realm of professional wrestling. You're dealing with a guy that is legit, and is seen as legit. That's wake makes Kurt Angle such a good talent, because he has the ability to shoot on anyone and destroy them in the wrestling ring. He's the goofy bastard every once in a while, but when he gets serious and drops the straps, he can beat anyone and whoever he beats doesn't lose credibility. Kurt Angle is a name that is bigger then the business because his skills are bigger then the business. He's the last of the old school shooter wrestlers.

I don't see Kurt as a problem. Hell, the man is getting behind putting Jim Cornette in charge of booking. Jim Cornette is probably the most brilliant booking and creative mind in wrestling. There is nothing wrong with guys like this wanting to bring a sense of realism back to the sport.

However, I think there is an official Kurt Angle thread, so if you want to continue the conversation, I would love to in there. I'm a blind Kurt Angle mark, so this can be interesting. Oh, and you better watch the Cena blast, Slyfox will hunt you down.

im not debating angles wrestling ability at all, hell he has got an impressive amateur background, and he probably is a great shooter, and given the chance he probably could make alot of guys tap out (i just dont think he has enough behind him to say TKO someone a'la brock lesnar in his mma debut), i just dont think angle can go at the rate he used to, he even admitted he went to TNA for the lighter schedule but then again after years on the road with WWE who wouldnt want a lighter schedule.

and im not debating his achievements either, he is an olympic gold medalist and that is something that nobody else has seemed to achieve in wrestling today.

however with all that being said, it doesnt matter what his accomplishments are, what hes done pre WWE, how great an athlete he is, the vast majority of fans who watch wrestling for wrestling and not to tear it to pieces like we do see kurt angle in TNA and just think, WWE reject. Theres no getting around it, anyone who goes from the WWE to TNA is seen as a reject, and portraying angle in the light they are doing now in TNA just gives off the image that a 'wwe reject' can beat TNA, and furthermore solidifies the image that TNA is inferior.

this effect cannot be helped, its slowly developing the same way the wcw vs nwo feud in WCW progressed out, with the wcw guys being beaten so often that it made fans lose interest, and lose the will to get behind the wcw guys and cheer them on.

and thats what i fear will happen to TNA, if they keep angle there going to have him maul over everyone in some assumption that because he has the tna world title hes representing tna, where as the reality of this is its just an ex-WWE guy killing off every TNA guy.

as for your point about jim cornette, despite him being mr anti hardcore he is a genius.

also, i do believe angle is currently trying to train up for mma and said he could probably beat tito ortiz, chuck liddell and randy couture, i personally dont see this happening, but if there is a kurt angle thread up we can discuss this, thats what i love about this place, the majority of the time its split down the middle :)

on the angle subject. heres the problem, TNA smarks just see another ''wwe reject'' (god im tired of hearing that) and now the same thing will to booker T

''oh WWE guys can beat TNA guys, it makes TNA look weak''.... ok.. are u kidding? if it was chris masters or carlito then ya id agree 100%, but kurt angle and booker T arent just ''wwe rejects'' they ARE great wrestlers, they still have some good years in them, that shit about angle not being as good as he was i disagree, he wrestled 3 matches in 1 ppv and was great in all 3, hell he even showed he could do a 450 splash, hes still in great shape to wrestle and still does put on great matches

he was one of WWEs top dogs, he wanted out of WWE cuz vince wanted to use him even more, and he couldnt handle the scheduale, does this seem like a wwe reject? hell no, angle has beaten every1 there is to beat in WWE, there is no doubt he is one of the best in the world today, how can him beating joe make TNA look weak? they're feud was great, they both put on amazing matches and joe didnt look weaker after losing to kurt, IMO his feud with kurt proved just how good joe is in the wrestling world, he can hang with one of the best, he can hang with 1 of WWEs ex-top dogs

same goes with booker, hes no mid card, booker has done pretty much everything there is to do in WWE, he was another top dog, and doesnt matter who he beats, as long as its a close match it just makes the other wrestler look better, if robert roode can hang with booker then it proves hes a main eventer... get it?

the thing is TNA smarks see any talent from WWE as washed up and they should job to every1 in TNA... i dont get it, if HBK goes to TNA should he job to every1? its obvious HBK is one of the best around, him jobbing to every1 in TNA just showes unreal booking to me...

Don West, I hate that guy. I have to put Impact on mute, he cannot call a wrestling match to save his life! :(

But all this ex-wwe bashing is a bit silly, most of the guys in TNA now can actually wrestle, hell, Tomko is a monster in Japan, just was criminally underused in the WWE.

Cage, Angle, Booker, Tomko and Raven are just a few of the names that are each good in thier own individual ways. Personally, I love Raven and his "loner/wierdo" type gimmick from ECW.

don't know how many have read the spoilers... but daniels' fired? now if senshi has quit...why did they have TNA get Daniels' winning Senshi's case? what are everyone's thoughts on this

Yea i read the Ipmact spoilers to n i thought the same thing when i seen the Daniels had won the case. If Daniels gets fired i will never watch TNA again. He is my favorite wrestler in TNA today. He is a amazing talent n is always under used. TNA should seriously reconsider this. :nwo:

I can see Raven getting released. According to sources, it seems as if both parties aren't in good terms due to the fact TNA wants to trademark Raven's name when he won't allow that to happen.

unless Christopher Daniels wants time off, there's got to be some angle to this cos he's bn main x-division contender with BMJL. so many others could go which makes me think they have something going on.

Dont see them getting rid of Raven. yeah they want his name, but i think if it came down to it, Raven could walk away if they pushed too hard for it, then TNA'd have no use for the name to trademark and he'd keep name anyway. they'll fold

The thing I am having a hard time with understanding, is what is with everyone wanting Sting, Angle, Christian and everyone else over the age of 30, to put the younger guys over? Christian is in the prime of his career, and Angle has a ways to go before putting people over should be his number one priority. Everyone keeps pushing the deadline for putting people over further and further down. In a year you'll be saying Alex Shelley needs to put over the younger guys. It is just ridiculous. Putting people over shouldn't ever be a concern. Just think of it as winning and losing. Angle and Christian can lose once in awhile, and they do.

I would personally hate it if Sting's sole roll in the company was to put some dumbass lil kid over. I wouldn't mind him losing if the match was good enough, but for that to be his only purpose puts a lack of interest in him or his matches.

Samoa Joe in the main event? Maybe in another 5 years after he learns not to insult legends in a shoot promo at PPVs. He'd be damn lucky if he had half the success of Scott Hall.

Kurt Angle is a great wrestler. I think most of us can agree on that. However, that's more of a reason for TNA to have Angle put some of the TNA guys like Samoa Joe over. The fact is that in Angle's 15-month tenure in TNA, it has indeed been Total-Nonstop-Angle.

Think about this, Angle has been apart of 15 TNA PPVs. He has been in the main event of 13 of them. Yes, that's right 13!

BFG '06- Special Enforcer
Genesis '06- Joe/Angle I
Turning Point '06- Joe/Angle II
Against All Odds '07- Christian Cage/Kurt Angle NWA Title Match
Lockdown '07- Lethal Lockdown
Sacrifice '07-Triple Threat match for NWA Title (Cage, Sting, and Angle)
Slammiversary '07- King of the Mountain Match for the TNA World Title
Victory Road '07- Match of Champions for all the gold
Hard Justice '07- Joe/Angle IV for all the gold
No Surrender '07- Kurt Angle/Abyss TNA World Title Match
BFG '07- Kurt Angle/Sting TNA World Title Match
Genesis '07- Kurt Angle/Kevin Nash vs. Sting/Booker T
Turning Point '07- Angle Alliance vs. Nash/Joe/Young

13 out of 15 PPV main events!!! That's so much like Cena and Hogan. The fact is Angle is so over, he doesn't need to be in every single PPV main event.

I don't think TNA should get rid of him. But, they definitely need to shift their focus to guys like Daniels, Joe, and Styles. Otherwise, TNA will have something in common with WCW. They will one day see (like WCW did) a McMahon opening Impact saying he had once again purchased the competition.

I hope this doesn't happen. So on top of TNA getting rid of the fat like VKM, which I think we all have reached concensus on, they need to shift the focus to their homegrown talent. The guys like Joe said, bust their butts to entertain the fans and give them a real alternative to WWE.

Samoa Joe in the main event? Maybe in another 5 years after he learns not to insult legends in a shoot promo at PPVs. He'd be damn lucky if he had half the success of Scott Hall.

A legend like Kevin Nash? He had some godawful matches in WCW, even worse when he moved to the WWE. The only reason he got opushed so much was because when it started, the Outsiders and the NWO were huge. Then they became overused.

Scott Hall though, I am pleased with his recovery from alcoholism. Though to call him a legend is a bit harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back