• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Current WWE roster placement

Poop Master Flex

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Since the IWC has existed there has always been the age old debate of which wrestlers should go where (<insert wrestler here> should be pushed, <insert wrestler here> should be fired, why does <insert wrestler here> have a job?, <insert wrestler here> should be champion) so today I decided to have fun with this notion and get an idea what everyone thinks.

I'm gonna break this up into 5 categories: Main event, Upper Mid Card, Mid Card, Lower Card and Tag teams. In all categories give me 5 guys that you think should be in that category and quick reasoning for your selections. Without further adieu lets start it off:

Note: Choose the cards based on where the guys are sitting during the present so no past fantasy booking, whatever you wanna do from today forward is fine.

Main Event:

Daniel Bryan - the most over face in the WWE, can talk, can get over and can wrestle circles around anyone. His drawing power is in question but I think he can do it.

Randy Orton - the most over heel in the WWE. Orton's awesome and deserves a top spot, end of story.

John Cena - hands down the top money maker in the WWE and is rock solid in his position. Knocking him off a top spot is asinine.

CM Punk - insanely over as a face, gold on the mic, solid in the ring and unique. How could he not be a top guy.

Sheamus - someone who has proven he can be a top guy and carry himself well doing it. Still has years left and has plenty of unrealized potential.

Upper mid card

RVD - would be a top guy if not for being a part time (his 90 on/off contract). Popular as shit and is perfect for putting over top talent.

Cody Rhodes - a good talent who has all the potential in the world. He's hot right now coming off his Triple H fired storyline and would be good for feuding with Sandow/working with D-Bry against the new corporation.

Damien Sandow - awesome talker who is easy to hate. I don't think he gets enough credit for how good he really is.

Dolph - not my favorite guy, not a main eventer but there is no denying his value. He puts on good matches and is over than most, that's enough for an upper mid card spot.

The Shield - a cheat no question but much better than just a tag team (seriously get them belts off of them). As a unit they are over and they know what they are doing not to mention both Ambrose and Reigns have a bright future ahead of them.

Mid Card

Del Rio - good in matches, currently WHC champ but this guy just doesn't connect with the fans in any real way. He's a solid hand but nothing more than a good mechanic.

Ryback - he should be in the main event but booking and lack of character development all but crippled that. With that said he has an amazing look and a good monster heel (as long as Heyman's with him).

Kofi -Just a solid guy all around. He's over, puts on good matches but there's not much to him. Besides, everything about him screams mid card lifer.

Bray Wyatt (Wyatt Family) - A guy who has serious potential to be a top hand in the future. He hasn't done much yet but has a presence about him that cannot be ignored. He's different, he's eerie and he's memorable, he just hasn't done enough to be any higher than mid card right now (although that can change easily).

Christian - See what was written for Kofi.

Lower Card

Santino - Over as hell but a comedy wrestler (nothing wrong with that at all). He's good for a laugh and good for entertainment but can't be taken seriously at all.

Zack Ryder - I like him, I just can't buy into him.

Swagger - he's good in the ring but if 6 years and a WHC title run can't get you over then it won't happen.

Bo Dallas - A good young guy with lots of potential and a good punching bag for the time being.

Sami Zayn - I really like this guy, he's really good but needs to be exposed to the masses. His potential is much higher than Bo but you gotta start somewhere.

Tag Teams:

Uso's - Blood relatives who are athletic and can create excitement. They also have obvious chemistry.

PTP - I think they both have a future in singles (especially Titus) but right now they compliment each other well. Why mess with a good thing?

Kane and Gabriel - Kane is just a solid tag team wrestler and has proven this time and time again. He is over and anyone who ever gets paired with him gets a good rub. Gabriel is talented and his size and athleticism works well with a guy like Kane.

Cesaro and Barrett - Both guys are great talents but both guys aren't resonating with the crowd. I think both guys with their stiff, strong style, their European heritage and the way they conduct interviews would play well off each other, not to mention it could really help getting both guys over. If nothing else it gives them something to do and I like them both.

3MB - annoying jobbers that you love watching get beat up. There's always a place for people like that.

Anyways that my 2 cents. I would love to see where everyone else's mindset is on this. Do you agree/disagree with my choices? Where would you put these guys? What would your list look like?

For the most part, I agree with the overall placement. There's talk, according to F4WOnline.com, of bringing Sheamus back as a heel when he ultimately returns. There aren't any details beyond that, but it'd be fun to see Sheamus as a heel again going after Daniel Bryan and the WWE Championship.

While I'm sure some would disagree with this and see it as an underuse of Sheamus, I wouldn't mind seeing Sheamus & Wade Barrett form a tag team. They're two big guys who have a physical, brawling type of style who come from countries with a centralized connection to Celtic culture. It's fair to say that 2013 has not been Wade Barrett's year and since I'm not sure his career could survive another go as IC champ, this could be a legit way to build him back up. Besides that, Sheamus has a good amount of star power and being associated with him can only do Barrett some good.

As far as Kane & Gabriel as a team, I'm just not seeing it. Bryan & Kane initially seemed like a very random pairing but they showed a very unique and entertaining chemistry. I don't see lightning striking twice with Gabriel paired up with him. Gabriel is honestly an entertaining guy to watch inside the ring with a great deal of athleticism. I wouldn't mind seeing him paired with someone like Kofi, I think Kofi's gone as far as he's going to, as WWE doesn't really have a tag team of high flyers at this point. As far as Kane goes, I'd honestly put him with The Wyatt Family. Given how he was "carried" off by them and hasn't been seen since, it makes sense that he should be brainwashed by the ideals & dogma of Wyatt's cult. At this point in his career, I think it'd be a good role for Kane and he'd lend a bit of star power to the Family as a whole.

Antonio Cesaro is someone that, in my opinion, WWE should eventually turn babyface and give him a strong run as Intercontinental Champion. I don't think that Cesaro will ever be a dynamo on the mic, but I believe people would buy into him as a passionate, "tough guy" babyface. He's excellent in the ring and is legitimately a tough & passionate guy who loves the business. Fans can and would be willing to rally around him if he had something more authentic going on.

If I was to change the scenery up a bit, I would definitely cast Del Rio out of paradise and leave him to develop his heel persona more in the upper mid-card region. In my mind's eye he is a tremendous athlete but I haven't seen him get the fans to care in a long time. I would move Ryback in his spot. He can get the crowd to care a bit more lately than Del Rio.

Everyone else seems to be in the spot that they are truly needed. No, I wouldn't push for The Wyatt Family to be Main Eventers. They serve their purpose the best with the least amount of screen time. I wouldn't mind seeing Kofi Kingston in the Main Event, but he is well utilized as an Upper Midcarder.

The tag team of Kane and Gabriel doesn't sound like a team I'd personally root for, even if they went for a fallen angels angle. I don't care much for Gabriel and Kane should take the Wyatt Family approach to screentime.

So yeah Del Rio knocked down, Ryback knocked up, Kane and Gabriel no, and I made a pregnancy joke. Go me.

You left a bunch of people off like Big Show who is currently in WWE's top angle. Other consistent guys on TV you left off are Mark Henry, Curtis Axel, The Miz, Ricardo Rodriguez and Fandango. I'd book them all around like this:

Main Event Faces
1. CM Punk- I'd like to see WWE do him justice and book him as the top guy for WrestleMania. A top Punk/Triple H match would sell big time.
2. Daniel Bryan
3. John Cena
4. Dolph Ziggler (He can be huge if they let him. A feud with Orton would be great.)
5. Cody Rhodes
6. Sheamus

Upper Midcard Faces
7. Big E. Langston
8. Kofi Kingston
9. Seth Rollins
10. Sami Zayn
11. Tyson Kidd
12. Jack Swagger (When he turns on Zeb, he'll be big.)

Face Tag Teams
13. Kane and The Big Show
14. The Usos
15. Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder (Give them Scott Stanford as a mouthpiece.)
16. The Prime Time Players
17. Justin Gabriel and Evan Bourne
18. Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal (Split them from Drew, make a valet their #3)

Lower Midcard Faces
19. Xavier Woods
20. Santino Marella
21. Richie Steamboat
22. Fandango (I liked him when he debuted, but he hasn't put on a "good" match. Disappointed.)
23. Tensai
24. Brad Maddox (Turns on Triple H and signs himself to an iron-clad contract before getting fired.)
25. Yoshi Tatsu
------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Event Heels
1. Randy Orton
2. The Miz (Best guy to join the Corporation in my opinion)
3. Alberto Del Rio (Give him a subtle mafioso gimmick with some stooges)
4. Damien Sandow
5. Bray Wyatt
6. Christian (Best as a heel. He can help all those MEF get over huge. )

Upper Midcard Heels
7. Dean Ambrose
8. Ryback
9. Roman Reigns
10. Antonio Cesaro
11. Brodus Clay (Turn on Tensai and be a dominant big guy like he deserves.)
12. Mason Ryan (Give him Regal as a mouthpiece.)

Heel Tag Teams
13. Drew McIntyre and Wade Barrett
14. Luke Harper and Erick Rowan
15. The Ascension
16. R-Truth and Ezekiel Jackson (Truth goes back to his heel "conspiracy" gimmick. Zeke is his muscle.)
17. David Otunga and JTG (JTG commits crimes, Otunga is his lawyer. Match made in heaven.)
18. Enzo Amore and Big Cass

Lower Midcard Heels
19. Sin Cara (Turn heel on Rey. He refuses to speak "gringo". He cuts promos in Spanish and has Rosa translate.)
20. Leo Kruger
21. Curtis Axel
22. Tyler Breeze
23. Adrian Neville (Pair him up with Regal, Ryan, Wade and Drew to form a UK stable.)
24. Bo Dallas
25. Del Rio's Stooges: Hunico, Camacho, Primo and Epico (Kinda cheating, but I don't really see them as tag teams, just punching bags for whoever Del Rio is feuding with).

15 WWE Divas: AJ Lee, Natalya, Kaitlyn, Emma, Paige, Sasha Banks, Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Ashley Flair, Bailey, Tamina, Alicia Fox, Naomi, Rosa Mendes, Layla.

Part Timers: Triple H, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Rey Mysterio, Mark Henry, Booker T, Goldust, The Great Khali.

Non-Wrestlers: Paul Heyman, Armando Estrada, William Regal, Vickie Guerrero, Teddy Long, Zeb Colter, Arn Anderson, Scott Stanford, Dusty Rhodes, Bret Hart, Stephanie McMahon.

NXT Main Players: Kalisto (Samuray), Mascarita Dorada, El Local (Ricardo), Martin Stone, Kassius Ohno, Oliver Grey, Solomon Crowe, Corey Graves, Shawn Spears, Danny Burch, Aiden English, Mojo Rawley, Alexander Rusev, Sylvester LaForte, Shaun Ricker.

10 NXT Divas: Brittany Fetkin, Sarah Bachman, Erika Hammond, Rachelle Walker, Rebecca Quinn, Aksana, Alexa Bliss, Cameron, JoJo, Eva Marie.

Main Event Faces
  • Daniel Bryan. The face of the company. Clean up his appearance and ditch the beard.
  • CM Punk
  • John Cena. Now that John Cena has done it all, he can wind down and be used as a special attraction, or as a guy to have marquee non-title feuds with. Cena's new role can be as the gatekeeper of sorts. Prove yourself in a feud with Cena to prove that you're main event worthy.
  • Christian. Always a contender, but never champion
Upper Midcard Faces
The Miz - The "top face of the midcard". Over enough to make the midcard belts feel like the main event. Credible enough that he can challenge for the WWE Title when they need him to, but mostly chases the IC Title and teams up with Alex Riley in the tag division.
Kofi Kingston
Dolph Ziggler. Can float in and out of the main event when they need him to.
Cody Rhodes.

Face Tag Teams
  • The Miz & Alex Riley.
  • The Usos
  • Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder
  • Mason Ryan and Ezekiel Jackson. Just a no-nonsense power team.
  • Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne

Lower Midcard Faces
  • Alex Riley - He still keeps his role as an announcer, but he's always willing to take off the headset and jump into the fray to even the odds when his fellow faces need help. Often used as a strong jobber for main event and upoer midcard heels.
  • Santino Marella -
  • Zack Ryder -
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Evan Bourne
  • Tyson Kidd
  • Brodus Clay
------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Event Heels
  • Randy Orton
  • Big Show. Turns and joins the Corporation
  • Sheamus.
  • Kane.
  • Mark Henry

Upper Midcard Heels
  • Alberto Del Rio
  • The Shield
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Ryback
  • Antonio Cesaro
  • Jack Swagger

Heel Tag Teams
  • The Prime Time Players. Due to the publicity surrounding Darren Young's coming out as gay, HHH has decided that the Prime Time Players are "good for business" and they join the Corporation
  • Luke Harper and Erick Rowan.
  • The Ascension
    Primo & Epico
    Enzo Amore & Colin Cassidy

Lower Midcard Heels
    • Damien Sandow. I'm not sure if Sandow is ready to be moved to the upper level, so I would make him lose his MiTB cash in.
    • Justin Gabriel. Bring back the silent assassin of the Nexus days
    • Yoshi Tatsu. Give him the face paint, mask, and black attire that he previously wore. He changes his theme song to Tensai's old theme.
    • promos in Spanish and has Rosa translate.)
    • Curtis Axel
    • Tyler Breeze
    • Corey Graves
    • 3MB

Main Event is pretty much self-explanatory. Cena, Punk, Orton, Sheamus, Punk are the top guys. In my opinion Ziggler has serious potential (heel or face) and should be utilised. Another person I classify in that category is Wade Barrett. He has been very good for a long time and is deserved of a push.

The Miz, as a heel, is another person who should be at the top and competing for World Titles. He was fantastic as US/WWE champ. Cody Rhodes, like Ziggler, has shown his potential and it is time he gets his chance. He has consistently put on great matches and has also worked under various gimmicks. Finally, Ryback I know many strongly dislike him but I see the potential. He has the look, the ability to work good matches and, with Heyman, a mouthpiece.

Upper Mid Card

Once more we have the obvious names, Axel, The Shield, Sandow.

Big E I'm already worried about the WWE's intention with him. Him breaking away from Ziggler and AJ should progress his career but he has disappeared. It's not as if he had to completely re-invent himself, his gimmick on NXT was fine. He has the look, the ability in the ring and has a very endearing factor about him that makes me want to see him do well.

Del Rio I'm simply sick of seeing him with the world title. I would personally use him at this level. Filling in at the top when there are injuries and for multi-man matches but nothing else. He can put over younger talent and deliver high quality matches but that is it.

Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro Not necessarily as a tag-team but these two are worthy of more. Both terrific in the ring and have a great gimmick.

Titus O'Neil Split the Prime Time Players and push O'Neil. He has so much potential and yes, he will never be WWE champion but he can offer a lot to the midcard.

Bray Wyatt The promos are fantastic but he needs to be wrestling more often. Harper and Rowan are nobodys, Bray Wyatt is clearly the star and can show that once he is a singles superstar.

Mid Card

Fandango I see a lot of potential in Johnny Curtis but "Fandango" will simply never be a World Champion. I would stick with the gimmick right now, turn him face and let him dominate the mid-card.

Kofi Kingston Unfortunately, I just cannot see him ever making it to the top. He is fun to watch but nothing more. This will always be his level

Justin Gabriel He deserves to be on TV more often. We know he can work in the ring and they should be trying to help him not hinder him.

Tyson Kidd - same as Gabriel

Darren Young If the PTP's split then Young can still offer something. He has vastly improved and would be a solid mid-carder.

Tag-teams

Rollins/Reigns, The Uso's, Primo/Epico, 3MB, Tons of Funk, Harper/Rowan, (Real Americans)

Part-timers and Vetrans

Taker, Lesnar, HHH, Jericho, The Rock, RVD, Kane, Christian, RVD, Henry, Big Show, Mark Henry, Mysterio. These guys can work a flexible, light schedule and appear when needed. For the most part, at main-event level but others at upper mid-card level.

The rest of the roster can be in a tag-team, jobbers or future endeavoured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back