• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Current storylines that don't make sense

1. Jackson and Koslov serving Regal. I completely understand that there's nothing for Jackson and Koslov to do right now and they need to be kept out of the title picture for now. But why in the world would they lower themselves to serving as Regal's lackeys? Regal has no pull in ECW, in fact, he seems incapable of winning a match in the last few years. Considering Koslov used to be in the main event picture in Smackdown, does it really make sense that these two guys would be content to just sit back and attach themselves to some veteran with a terrible loss record, so that this other guy could become champion?

Did Kozlov deserve to be in the ME on SmackDown? I admit, I don't get SmackDown on DirecTV where I live, but what (markedly) little I saw of him on RAW before WM didn't impress me. He's a big, angry Russian. Sorry, comrade, but the gimmick is too old to work now. We've moved on to big, angry, middle easterners...Well, they tried, at any rate. I think this is a decent place for these two...after all, no one ever claimed they were, you know, smart, so hooking them up with Regal (whose intelligence shouldn't be in doubt) does make some sense...Not much, but just barely enough for me not to complain about it.

2. Perhaps this will get explained more, but why would DX ban hornswaggle from wearing DX gear? The whole point of this DX reunion is to sell more merchandise. Also considering all the self-admitted shameless merchandise plugging, would they really care if hornswaggle gave them more advertising?

I'm just waiting to see how long it takes before DX adopts Hornswoggle. It's coming. Maybe after Shamus tries to go ballistic on him, since that'll probably happen to show his "mean streak."

3. This might not be so much a storyline as not understanding the decision by the booking team, but why was sheamus moved to Raw? Let's face it, the miz, jack swagger, sheamus, dolph ziggler, and possibly drew mcintyre right now are all the same character. Sheamus while the same character as the rest of them but with an irish twist, at least was the only one right now on ECW. But all moving him to raw does is now create 3 almost exactly the same characters on the same show. So I'm not sure I see the logic of this move at this point.

Yeah, I questioned this one myself. The move could have worked with a proper build up, but we got one vignette, THE SAME NIGHT he debuted on RAW. Yeah, Creative messed that one up. Anyone else surprised? Didn't think so.

4. I do understand why Raw has guest hosts. I also do understand that WWE wants to advertise matches ahead of time for the following week or for pay per views. However, it really doesn't make sense that these guest hosts should have the power to decide matches and cards for the following week when they won't even be there to host, nor does it make sense that they should be given the ability to make pay per view matches. We all take the guest host's match creations with a wink, as we all know they aren't really calling the shots. But if WWE wants us to all pretend that these guest hosts are actually in charge, then they should limit it to the nights they are actually hosting. Otherwise it becomes too obvious that the guest hosts have no real power.

A lame attempt to draw interest from non-wrestling fans? For now, all we can do with this is suck it up and deal with it, and hope it dies before WM. I mean, if some random celeb guest host tries to set up a WM match, I might actually start throwing things in my living room. I mean, yeah, these are Creative's decisions being mouthed by the guests, but since they routinely mess up names of superstars and PPV's (Kofi Johnson @ SummerFest 2010 anyone?), I don't want to even hear them announcing a match for the biggest wresting extravaganza of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back