• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crusierweight Title Done?

I think the reason the title is gone and not coming back for a while is because of the Tri Branded PPVs. They though they were gonna get that much better cause they were more star studded. I think either they merge all three brands and get rid of who they're not gonna use, or have RAW only PPVs and Smackdown/ECW PPVs. That way all those other guys that used to have a chance will get that chance back. The tag teams AND the crusiers. Until that happens, Farwell to the Crusierweight title.

The rumour was that they were going to rename the "title" and may even go with an X-Division themed title. I say That since smackdown has all the old WCW titles they might as well change the cruiserweight title to the T.V. Title.

I'm sorry but in my opinion, the cruiserweight division is the most entertaning to watch! All of them have a huge variatey of moves, and u never know whats coming next when there in the ring, Where as someone like Kahli or henry have next to nothing in there arsenal. I'm sure im not the only one who would rather see a corkscrew moonsault or a suicde dive then a fuckin vice grip or a bear hug!

the title is done it is really boring because a bunch a avergage size people aren't appealing likes vince McMahon said "Yes I do like big men"

This really is bad because, now most of the cruiserweights have nothing to compete for. They will end up jobbing to squashers for the rest of their WWE career. WWE just showed how much this division meant to them, when a midget won it. The title is still intact, it's not officially inactive, so WWE can still keep it. The one plus to this is some cruiserweights can team up, and we'll have a pretty decent tag division.

It really sucks that the cruiserweight title seems to be done. I was hoping that they would do something with it, cause face it. A lot of the cruiserweights have a lot of talent. I hope that WWE finds something else for these guys to do. I'd hate to see guys like Jamie Noble, Shannon Moore, and others job to people like Khali the rest of they're carrers... I guess only time will tell, but at least for right now things look pretty grim for the cruiserweight division, which I think has the most potential...

Unless the WWE is planning something big for it in the example of a tournament with the final at Wrestlemania, the Cruiserweight Title is as good as dead in the WWE, when the WWE should be working on what got people into TNA in the first place the X-Division, the WWE had the only Cruiserweight title that was worth anything when they had Kidman, Rey and Matt Hardy competing for it. Personally I think that the WWE should rehire Kidman and try and do a tournament in the buildup to Wrestlemania using outside talent in the openng rounds but starting it before the Rumble, and from there just sing Smackdown's first hour to do this in It would allow for feuds to play out on Smackdown but it is pushing the cruisers as real talent.

they need to bring in some high flyiers,maybe from indies,roh,mexico,or japan.
let them do the crazy 450s,and shooting star press. i wish it was like the wcw crusiers back in the day ,except for el dandy and some of those fat ones. they should maybe have ecw with the crusierweights,smackdown with all the tag teams...

the crusierweight title is not done in my opinion because wwe is either waiting for Helms to come back to win the title or having an all crusierweight tournament with all the crusierweights for all 3 brands (i hope the tournament happens on smackdown)

well remember when mic foley had that appreciation night on raw and it ended with him getting a framed hardcore championship

well i was thinking that a similar thing might happen with the cruiserweight championship and maybe that was the reason why it was vacated...(MAYBE)

but youknow it could be ages until reymo actually retires

I think if the WWE ever decides too bring back the Crusierweight Title back (Although i'm sure that HHH is using it as a dartboard somewhere) they should put it on either Shannon Moore or Jimmy Wang Yang and then put the tag titles on both. Build them up as a group who are trying to take back smackdown. I mean WWE needs to do a feud with the cruiserweights similar to TNA's Team 3D vs The X-Division. Build up the crusierweights as a faction and try to get them to take over Smackdown. that would be great it think!

I think if the WWE ever decides too bring back the Crusierweight Title back (Although i'm sure that HHH is using it as a dartboard somewhere) they should put it on either Shannon Moore or Jimmy Wang Yang and then put the tag titles on both. Build them up as a group who are trying to take back smackdown. I mean WWE needs to do a feud with the cruiserweights similar to TNA's Team 3D vs The X-Division. Build up the crusierweights as a faction and try to get them to take over Smackdown. that would be great it think!

My thoughts exactly. As far as I'm concerned from my observations, Shannon Moore and Jimmy Wang Yang have been in the tantalizing doom zone for an overdue period of time. They are both underrated. And on top of that, both soar high when it comes to Cruiserweight excitement. Right now, I hate how the WWE is only keeping them around as a gimmicky team of babyface jokers that win, yet never get the Championship.

The WWE is a joke when it comes to crusierweight divison. Look at all the people they have had Tajiri, Super Crazy, Little Guido, Psicosis, Juvie, Kid Kash, Jerry Lynn, Ultimo Dragon, Taka Michinko, Dean Malenko,Tony Mamaluke, Billy Kidman, Jamie Knoble, Shannon Moore, and the list goes on and on. You think with all that talent they could make a pretty good divison. A divison that could probally size up with the X divison. But the WWE dosnt want to do that and just pushes these great wreslters to the side. Its ashame.

I dont think WWE will ever bring back the title, theres just not need for it anymore the only reason it was ever really introduced was to compete with WCW and ECW when cruiserweights was the new wrestling around, and now theres just not the market for it. I think if WWE will bring it back it will be when TNA gets hugley popular and the X Division takes off, which will be a very long time to be honest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back