• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cruiserweights being brought in

tvcolosi

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm an odd duck for a board like this.. To simplify you could say I'm a wwe fan more than a wrestling fan. Much more to it than that but it's an explanation that checks most boxes. Now most Indy guys with buzz I end up being a fan (Punk, DB, Seth, Owens, Sami, Ambrose,Finn) I also don't get the hatred of Cena /RR, but I digress.

The CW division, and talented guys they bring in, will it be a mistake or can we trust HHH and this division? Back up 2-3 years, Finn, Sami, Itami (still should be for me) and others would be CWs out of the gate. Is ot going to be a bad idea for a Ibushi, Saber Jr, Ricochet and a guy down the road like Osperay to come in as CWs or stay away, risk injury and hope to come in as a HW?

I still think cream rises to the top, and that people will be able to break out of the Cruiserweight mindset if they're good enough.

The reality is, the Cruiserweight "division" gives the small athletic guys more opportunity to shine, you might give up 1 or 2 sub 200lb champions due to the division, but you're going to see way more people from that weight on TV.

It's also an opportunity to fight for something meaningful if they aren't slated for that midcard belt. I always loved the WCW Cruiserweight division, and I felt like it was a great way to fill the early/mid card, because even bad CW matches still felt like good wrestling matches.

I'm of course, still in the mindset that WWE is the major leagues and being on the lower card for them is better than MEing other companies.

The CW division, and talented guys they bring in, will it be a mistake or can we trust HHH and this division?

Based on the work he's done in NXT and with a good number of the wrestlers that he's signed, Triple H doesn't buy into the premise that cruiserweights are just "little guys" who can't hang with the bigger ones. When you look at guys like Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Finn Balor, Hideo Itami, the whole Cruiserweight Classic and other aspects, Triple H doesn't believe that having a great, traditional "look" in Vince's eyes isn't the first & foremost of importance in star qualities. To know that's true, you just have to look at how guys like Mason Ryan, Ezekiel Jackson and Ryback have fizzled out.

However, when it's all said & done, Vince McMahon is still the boss. Triple H's ideas for the Cruiserweight Division may be like night and day compared to Vince's and it'll ultimately be Vince's vision that comes to pass. Vince McMahon is THE final creative decision maker in WWE and while Triple H has influence with Vince because he's not only his son-in-law but Vince also respects him, that doesn't mean that Vince won't put his foot down whenever he feels that he and only he alone is right.

Back up 2-3 years, Finn, Sami, Itami (still should be for me) and others would be CWs out of the gate. Is ot going to be a bad idea for a Ibushi, Saber Jr, Ricochet and a guy down the road like Osperay to come in as CWs or stay away, risk injury and hope to come in as a HW?

Well, let's look at it this way. Most wrestling companies who have cruiserweight/heavyweight/junior heavyweight divisions have a weight limit of 220 to 225 lbs. and if WWE went by those rules, then probably 60% or more of the roster could qualify as a cruiserweight. Take guys like Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, Styles & Rollins as wrestlers who could probably be viewed as cruiserweights anyhow. Their billed weights were/are 210 lbs., 218 lbs., 218 lbs., 218 lbs., & 217 lbs. while, realistically, Bryan was probably right at about 200 lbs., Punk was probably around 210, while Ziggler, Styles & Rollins are both probably around 200 to 205 lbs. In boxing anyone over 200 lbs. is classified as a heavyweight while anyone 206 in most MMA promotions is a heavyweight. In pro wrestling, often times perception is reality and there's this mind set in wrestling, especially when it comes to Vince, that it's not "believable" that someone 200 lbs. can beat up someone that's 300 lbs. when nothing could be further from the truth. I've seen plenty of real life street brawls where the little guy beats the snot out of the big guy but, again, it's perception. There's a perception that being a "little guy" means you're not tough and being a "big guy" means that you are in society, it's not at all correct, but it's one that's still around. When Balor came to the main roster, I thought for sure Vince would bill his weight at 210 or 215 but Balor's billed at 190 lbs. on the main roster just as he was in NXT. Having smaller guys like Balor and Rollins in such prominent spots is ultimately a good thing for smaller guys as a whole in the long run and I think the already outdated mindset of smaller guys not being able to cut it in WWE will disappear altogether once Vince steps down.

As for guys like Ibushi, Zack Sabre Jr. and others, it all depends. Ibushi has stated that he hasn't signed with WWE but is open to appearing for WWE every so often. Ibushi made a good living in Japan for a number of years and is probably financially comfortable. He's also someone that's wrestled a very physical style, like Daniel Bryan, is in his mid 30s and is starting to have problems because of it. Guys like Zack Sabre Jr. Will Osperay Ricochet, etc. have to decide what's best for them in the long run. In WWE, they'll be told to cut back some on their high spots to incorporate more storytelling, which may well be very good for them physically in the long run. Plus, with WWE's touring schedule, it's really for the best or they'll burn their bodies out in no time. If WWE wants them badly enough, they can probably get them because nobody can offer them the kind of money WWE.

If youg book the cruiserweight division like they've been booking the CWC, then most of these guys won't be able to get out of the Cruiserweight division especially if they start with the group the have for the tournament. The reason is simple, if you take, tje guys that have experience on tv like kendrick, alexander, ibushi, etc. nobody really stand out. I watch last week's CWC show and the first 2 matches pretty much we're the same match except for the comedy stuff in the second match. I couldn't tell who those guys we're after watching the show and that's pretty much the thing that happens 9 times out of 10 with CWC. The have good matches and you don't remember who they are after the show is over because they don'T have personality.

Wrestling or sports entertainement as always be about who is able to connect with fans. The smaller guys that we're able to get to the top did it because they had personality and we're able to connect with the fans. If you look at CM Punk or Daniel Bryan when they started in wwe, those 2 guys we'Re great wrestlers and we're midly popular but not enough to be considered top guys, then punk got is pipe bomb promo and bryan starting to get over with the yes chant and got really over during the team hell no stuff he did and they became superstars because of it.

That what'S the cruiserweight in the division will need to break away from the division, that'S the reason that neville is floundering right now, great wrestler but not personality what so ever and you can advance in wwe with just being a great wrestler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back