List of current best wrestlers in the world (All companies)

swallop

Occasional Pre-Show
I have been recently watching some NJPW and ROH shows and i thought why not? Whats your guys list? This can be a combination of charisma and wrestling skills or just your personal favorites.
Here is my top 40 wrestlers currently. (I might miss some guys because i dont watch very much indy stuff mostly wwe thats why the list is filled mostly with wwe guys so dont hate it because of that)

40-Hideo itami 39.Jason jordan 38.Roderick strong 37. Alberto el patron 36. Mike Bennett 35.OKADA 34.Will ospray 33.Marty scurll 32.Bully Ray 31.Baron corbin 30.Cody rhodes 29.Eric Young 28.Adam cole (BAYBAY) 27.Cesaro 26.Chad gable 25.tommaso ciampa 24.Seth rollins 23.Kevin owens 22.The brian kendrick 21.sami zayn

TOP 20 :

20.matt hardy 19.zack sabre jr 18.Y2J 17.Johny wrestling 16.samoa joe 15.Neville 14.Braun strowman 13.Kota ibushi 12.Jeff hardy 11.Bray wyatt 10.Tye dillinger (10.10.10) 9.Naito 8.Austin aries 7.Bobby roode 6.Finn balor 5.Miz 4.kenny omega 3.Dolph ziggler 2.NAKAMURA 1.AJ styles

Now people are going to be like this list sucks okada is way better then baron corbin or dolph ziggler at #3? i havent seen much of some of these guys people love but from what i seen i can stick them in my top 40. and if theres something you dont see chances are i never seen them wrestle. As for ziggler being #3 he has been one of my favorites from the beginning and i stick with my guys whether there beating treated as a jobber or not.

So what are your guys list you dont need to give me 40 top 10 top 20 whatever works for you.

^^^^ Yeah it is all over the shop like my post stated because i just started getting into indy wrestling. So i expected a few responses like that but if its so wrong wheres your top 10? Maybe the title is alittle misleading its not just based on pure wrestling skills but a combination of that charisma and favoritism. I know guys like okada kota ibushi and zack sabre are top 10 to top 5 wrestlers but the charisma isnt all there now is it?

So you're pretty much just asking us for a list of favorites then, because a list of the "best" would be based on monetary value, and can be reduced to an extremely short list containing Lesnar, Cena, Reigns, and maybe Okada, Styles, and Orton.

In ring ability is completely subjective. The OP mentioned Ziggler. I think he's trash, but I'm not going to knock anyone that likes him personally. Reigns is a favorite of mine, and plenty of fans choose to dislike the guy for whatever reasons.

I would probably say my current favorites would be [in no order]...

- Cena
- Lesnar
- Reigns
- Rollins
- Rusev
- Orton
- Strowman
- Wyatt
- Corbin
- Styles
- Harper
- Miz
- Owens
- Jericho
- Samoa Joe
- The Revival
- The New Day
- The Hardy's
- Charlotte
- Bliss
- James

I primarily watch WWE. I don't watch NXT or hardly anything from the Indy's or Japan. If anyone were to ask, "well why do you like those guys?" Simply put, they are interesting and fun to watch.

If you don't think that Okada is one of the most naturally charismatic performers in the world, then I'm not sure what Kazuchika Okada you've been watching.

I do think that you need to revise the title idea for this post. It clearly is asking for people's lists of favorites and personal preference guys, as opposed to asking who people feel are actually the world's best wrestlers.

^^^^ Yeah it is all over the shop like my post stated because i just started getting into indy wrestling. So i expected a few responses like that but if its so wrong wheres your top 10? Maybe the title is alittle misleading its not just based on pure wrestling skills but a combination of that charisma and favoritism. I know guys like okada kota ibushi and zack sabre are top 10 to top 5 wrestlers but the charisma isnt all there now is it?

I'm sorry haha I am just so shocked at your order. I disagree with many of your picks but of course the big one is OKADA (you typed it in all caps so you must've known that too right?) What matches have you seen of his? To put him beneath CODY RHODES!? DOLPH ZIGGLER? That is outright blasphemy. In what areas do you consider either of them superior to Okada?

Ahahahahaha no.

Okada and Ziggler issues aside, your list lost any sort of credibility it might have when you put Dillinger as #10 solely to make a 'TEN!' joke. You even said that the list was based on favoritism over wrestling ability. You can't make a list of the "best of" something without being objective about it, otherwise it's just a list of your favorites.

Take me and Okada, for instance. He doesn't even crack into my top 10 as far as favorites is concerned. But looking at him objectively, he's easily top 3 in the world right now (toss up between him, Omega and Styles). On the other hand, you can take someone like Taichi, who is probably in my top 25 favorites list just because of his antics and how much he pisses people off with them. But put him in a list of "Greatest Wrestlers"? I doubt he cracks the top 200.

Now, since this thread has already been established to be a "list your favorites" one, I guess I will. I haven't watched WWE since Royal Rumble 2013, so all of my list is based off their work outside of the company (if they've joined it since then), or their work in and outside of the company if they were with it before I stopped watching. I'm also excluding guys that are primarily tag wrestlers because this list is hard enough to make as is (Sorry Bucks)

20. Minoru Suzuki
19. Hiromu Takahashi
18. Tomohiro Ishii
17. Naomichi Marufuji
16. Kurt Angle
15. Hiroshi Tanahashi
14. Zack Sabre Jr
13. Adam Cole
12. Kazuchika Okada
11. Finn Balor
10. Katsuyori Shibata
9. Marty Scurll
8. Kota Ibushi
7. Veda Scott
6. Tetsuya Naito
5. Asuka
4. Kevin Owens
3. AJ Styles
2. Shinsuke Nakamura
1. Kenny Omega

This is the first time that all of my favorites are now inactive or only appear in Hall Of Famer / Legend guest roles.

Stone Cold Steve Austin in 2002
The Rock in 2013
Kurt Angle in 2017
Ric Flair in 2011
Hulk Hogan in 2012

And now once again, Chris Jericho, probably for only a short period of time.

Because of this, I'm going to go with the SuperStars with the Gold and Silver and leather. From number 1, Brock Lesnar to number 13, Tyler Bate and every Champion in between. That's how I rank them. I should note that I only watch the WWE Network and some Global Impact Wrestling.

There's only about seven that I enjoy watching right now:

7. Baron Corbin
6. The Miz (for his promos only)
5. Nia Jax
4. Neville
3. Braun Strowman
2. Samoa Joe
1. BROCK Lesnar

Overall exposure. If you asked somebody who dolph ziggler is chances are they know. same with cody rhodes. ask somebody about okada and they probably wont. thats literally the only reason i put him where he is that and i only seen a hand full of his matches.

Viewing the responses just now and i cant say im surprised. I may have botched the title a little bit. Maybe i should have said List of favorite wrestlers in the world including charisma. But i did say in my description i havent watched much of the indys so therefore i cant really put them as high as they might be. But based off of just wrestling skills, selling and in match charisma. my top 10 would consist of :

10. Zach sabre Jr 9. Dolph ziggler 8. Sami zayn 7. Will ospreay 6. Okada 5. Naito 4. Nakamura 3. Kota ibushi 2. Kenny omega 1. AJ styles.

Overall exposure. If you asked somebody who dolph ziggler is chances are they know. same with cody rhodes. ask somebody about okada and they probably wont. thats literally the only reason i put him where he is that and i only seen a hand full of his matches.

So what do you think about Cena and Reigns? Neither of these two are on your list but they have more exposure and I'd say are superior to Dolph in all areas. I find they entertain me more than Dolph too!

Because cena and reigns simply dont cut it in the ring. You need to be well known and great in the ring. There is no doubt theirs a hundred guys on the planet with better wrestling skills then john cena. There are only certain guys who have both and an it factor.

Wrestling is much better in the ring now than in the past, I think. There are multiple promotions tending to multiple interests. You can have high flying action, technical match, or whatever you like.

Lots of good wrestlers. I would keep AJ Styles as the best in the ring currently. Kenny Omega is awesome. Okada is good as well. Drew McIntyre/Galloway is great to watch. Ethan Carter III has improved a lot in the ring. He's a TNA's homegrown star. Cesaro is very good in the ring. Lots for f good wrestlers.

Because cena and reigns simply don't cut it in the ring.

I have to completely disagree. I would absolutely put Cena above Ziggler and Miz when it comes to in ring ability! Same for Reigns... probably.

What do you think Ziggler's best match is? I literally can't think of any right now, but I haven't been a regular watcher in some time. I would probably be classed as a Cena hater but damn he has had some classics. Against Punk, Bryan, Owens.

Reigns, I'll admit I haven't quite seen as much of him. But on the PPV's I watched, he always delivered. Against Styles, Wyatt, even Big Show that one time. My favourite match of his was vs Lesnar. Absolute classic in my opinion!

Cena has had tons of great matches because the wwe wants him to have a great match. If dolph and cena walked onto an indy scene guess who would put on the better match with exact amounts of time and match booking? the wwe hides cenas in ring ability by the crazy stuff they do in his matches. John has had great great matches like against punk and against styles but the other person was the main reason why the match was so great. cena has good in ring awareness dont get me wrong but there is no doubt ziggler is miles ahead of him as far as crispness and in ring work. And dolphs best match might be the double turn against del rio. I believe it was payback 2013. That or his career threatening match against miz last year. those 2 matches were awesome.

Cena has had tons of great matches because the wwe wants him to have a great match.

Cena has great matches because he is a great performer.

If dolph and cena walked onto an indy scene guess who would put on the better match with exact amounts of time and match booking?

In ring ability is subjective. I think Ziggler is garbage in the ring. So it wouldn't matter where he performed. If you like Ziggler, more power to you I guess.

On the other hand, I think Cena is a great performer. You could place him in any promotion in the world and he'd have quality matches.

the wwe hides cenas in ring ability by the crazy stuff they do in his matches.

LOL no. They don't.

John has had great great matches like against punk and against styles but the other person was the main reason why the match was so great.

It takes two great workers to put on a great match. If Cena were really that subpar of a performer, then the best workers around would only be able to get an average match out of him.

cena has good in ring awareness dont get me wrong but there is no doubt ziggler is miles ahead of him as far as crispness and in ring work.

Ziggler bumbles around like a buffoon, and flops around like a fish out of water. There's nothing "crispy" about his ring work or his selling. I get it, you hate Cena. But you don't have to blatantly make stuff up to try and justify that hate.

Ziggler would fail massively on the indy scene. The WWE style hides his shortcomings. He has almost zero offense and the offensive moveset that he does have is often nonsensical and rarely looks special or well-placed. His only positive attributes that he has as a worker are how animatedly large he makes his movements(something that would be far less necessary and look far more overdone in an army, union hall, or high school gym than it does in front of 12,000 people) and his willingness to overtake bumps and toss himself around like a crash test dummy(not a rare trait for smallish or mid-sized midcard indy performers right now). Ziggler would have even more trouble than Cody Rhodes(a far more complete worker) is having putting up consistently satisfying indy performances.

As for Cena, if by a ridiculous miracle of unimaginable circumstances, ended up touring the indy circuit, he'd spend the whole time wrestling main events against the top guys available and delivering 4+ star matches... basically exactly what he's done in WWE in all of his big one-on-one matches against great wrestlers since hitting his stride as an in-ring competitor 5-6 years ago.

Zero offense? i agree hes only on offense like 30% of the time thats because hes a great seller. But look at that nakamura match on backlash he was on offense like 80% of the time and people complained nakamura didnt show off enough. No pun intended. But i thought the match was great. Obviously the wwe told ziggler to take control of the match because they didnt have as much faith in nakamura. Which shows they know how talented of a worker dolph is in a big match feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back