country music

Freddy4190

Championship Contender
does anyone listen to it? I haven't for a long time and wanna know what some of the popular songs/singers are. I was listening to Big Green Tractor by Jason Aldean.. pretty good song.

I listen to country, just not the current crop. Last "new" artist I heard, was probably Sugarland. Sorry, I can't help, man.

I dabble in country music. Dixie Chicks are one of the bands I always go to first. Brooks 'n' Dunn of course... Keith Urban, maybe if I feel over-the-top patriotic.

Country concerts are a great place to pick up women. But, I don't really need to pick any up at the moment, so I'm not listening to that shit.

I like Johnny Cash.

Everything else makes me lol. A lot of it is Narm-filled sentimental garbage, like "Don't Take The Girl" and "Jesus Take The Wheel".

It's all good. Do you like Hank Jr?

Really, the only time I listen to Hank, Jr. is when I'm listening to the 3 Hanks (Sr., Jr., and III), and even then it's mostly for the other two. I'm not saying "Bocephus" is bad, by any means, but he's not traditional enough for me.

When I say "Old School" country, it should be taken literally. Bands include:

The Carter Family (AC, Sarah, and Maybelle. None of that "Mother Maybelle and The Carter Sisters bullshit), Vernon Dalhart, Hank Snow, Flat and Scruggs, etc. Oh, and Garth.....

Really, the only time I listen to Hank, Jr. is when I'm listening to the 3 Hanks (Sr., Jr., and III), and even then it's mostly for the other two. I'm not saying "Bocephus" is bad, by any means, but he's not traditional enough for me.

When I say "Old School" country, it should be taken literally. Bands include:

The Carter Family (AC, Sarah, and Maybelle. None of that "Mother Maybelle and The Carter Sisters bullshit), Vernon Dalhart, Hank Snow, Flat and Scruggs, etc. Oh, and Garth.....

Garth, FTW!

Take Me Home
Country Roads

West Virginia, my mother land.

Hank Jr's new album is really good. He hasn't missed a beat. I reviewed it a while back in the album thread.

I listen to the country, but the new country/pop hybrid like Carrie/Taylor, Sugarland, Zac Brown Band, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Darius Rucker, Kellie Pickler, Lady Antebellum, Dixie Chicks. And of course my former idol(before Beysus came along) Shania Twain :) Garth Brooks use to be cool too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back