• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Couldn't champions still appear on both brands?

StunningBlackMamba24

Savior of Unwashed IWC\\\\
WWE unified the tag titles in 2009 which gave the tag champs the rights to appear on both brands, teams like Jeri-Show, DX, hart dynasty, etc, and the same thing went for the Divas championship as well. Is WWE just going to completely forget about this? I know it's just the beginning of the brand split, so I'm only going to assume since there were no mention of this, that smackdown will be getting new championships, including tag titles.

It's a better idea for all the champions to appear between both brands. They can each take turns at the titles between PPVs instead of flooding the WWE with 8 or 9 championship belts. What is going to happen when they share a PPV? It'll be all title matches. Two divisions are hurt now because of the brand split.

Tag Team division didn't need this as they were starting to grow. Now with a line drawn through them, the division is weak on both brands.

Woman's division was meh even before the split, now it's terribly small. That's if they bother to make a new Woman's belt for the 3 or 4 women on SmackDown.

They could, but there are a few good reasons for them not to. First, would be the extra work load and exposure. If they're appearing on both shows, then multiple sets of contenders are after their titles every week. And that can be great in the short term, but it makes it hard to focus on one feud without making the other show feel like it's being ignored by the champion. Personally, I enjoyed having multiple tag titles, back in the day. Both sets of championships felt important, and the multiple titles to compete for actually helped the division grow.

The Women's championship is harder. While we say the tag division looks thin, it's really because certain teams have yet to step up to the plate. Time will tell there. The women's division on the other hand, is far more sparce with believable contenders. I would rather see the ladies land on Raw where they can utilize that extra hour, rather than split the division up. I'm not sure how much good it will do to just have the champ on both shows.

It can make sustained programs for titles more difficult as it could leave credible challengers to basically just sit on their hands, at least when it comes to some titles, for months at a time. In order to keep from doing that, the champs would essentially be facing a different opponent each month and that's going to get old very quickly. Just look at Rob Van Dam's TNA World Heavyweight Championship run as an example; RVD was champ for roughly 4 months and it was hardly a memorable run because he didn't have any sustained programs due to facing a different challenger on a monthly basis.

If handled right, each brand having its own set of championships is the way to go. One of the chief complaints regarding the brand split back in the day was that it was a brand split in name only as crossovers were quite common even though both brands had their own titles. If the brands are kept as separate as possible with no more crossovers than the occasional meetings of the Commissioners and General Managers, then the SmackDown titles have an especially good chance of forging their own identities.

Yeah, the tag champs and women's champ should appear on both shows. I've said that all along. Or at the very least, make the champs move back and forth for a month at a time leading up to each ppv. The roster on Smackdown just isn't deep enough to warrant creating 2 new championships. There's what, 6 or 7 females and 6 tag teams? You're basically going to see the title go back and forth between the same superstars over and over until more NXT talent moves up. This is the biggest flaw of the brand split, which otherwise I'm completely for.

Aren't they planning on running 24 big shows? If so, may over expose the champ. COnversely, crush a lot of competion in quick order. In any event, he'd have to be having two feuds at once. So no, not a good idea IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back