• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could this work?

dtroppe

Getting Noticed By Management
Ok I know stuff like this is getting beaten to death, but hear me out. WM 28 we have Cena vs Rock. Lets add Taker vs Sting...and heres how I propose it could work for everyone....

Sting stays in TNA and an agreement is reached between TNA and WWE allowing Sting work with Taker at WM 28. I know that its no plausible but heres how the agreement would work. Undertaker would only stay on RAW and Sting would stay in TNA. They could cut promos at each other and run vignettes hyping the WM confrontation. This way its a one time deal where a TNA star would appear on a WWE event. Also, a tshirt would be designed to promote the event that could be sold at both WWE and TNA events. The profit would be split between companies, with a larger portion going to WWE. This would be the only merchandise to be sold at both promotions and be able to be worn on tv on both shows.

Heres how everyone involved would profit

WWE
They would have a solid show and be able to deliver something larger than life to the fans. They would make tons of money off of the Taker merchandise as WWE fans would support the WWE product. WWE would also get the very few TNA fans that dont buy WWE ppvs to buy (every sale counts) on top of that, people who wouldnt buy WM for just the Rock/Cena would find it hard to turn the deal down. Also, WWE would reap the benefits of the extra marketing and publicity from TNA and the mass appeal it would have via the IWC. Everyone would be talking about this! Perhaps the publicity TNA would get, would spark a smaller scale war driving in more fans.

TNA
Major exposure on a national level. Merchandise sales, an increased rating as WWE fans tune into the show to see what Sting has to say. This would force the creative team to provide top notch shows to hook the new people tuning in. Of course this would lead to gread revenue, but you couldnt buy the type of publicity this would gain for the company.

Sting
Sting would finally get to preform at WM without the hassle of the WWE schedule. The pay day would be huge, and he would certainly cement his reputation as on of the most important figures in the history of wrestling.

Taker
Gets to face the last true great wrestler that he has never faced. It would be a great moment in his career. Plus the payday would huge.

Fans
One of the last dream matches is fulfilled.

What do you guys think?

wouldnt work because wwe doesnt need tna in that since. They could just do the match against a wwe star and keep all the profits. And it would help tna alot which i doubt the wwe wants to do.

As much as you want to see 'Taker vs Sting, it's never going to happen. Infact it never was going to happen. Also I don't think WWE care about the match that much, it's the IWC that keep talking about it, not WWE. Also WWE would never go to the extent of promoting TNA just to use one of their wrestlers.

WWE would never do it. They know they can put on a good show without the "help" of TNA. They'd push harder for Sting if they cared. good idea, but not enough interest from the companies

That would never work because WWE would never let someone from an organization they don't own appear on the biggest show of the year. Now, if Sting left TNA by the end of 2011, the match could happen. I wouldn't count on it though. He has stated multiple times that he will never work for Vince. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see Sting VS Undertaker though, that's a dream match we may never see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back