• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could Goldust get Dibiase Over?

The Shockmaster

Pre-Show Stalwart
Im sorry if this topic has been brought up before. I looked through the threads and only found threads pertaining to who Dibiase's Mystery admirer might be.

As we found out this weeks Raw Goldust was revealed to be Ted Dibiase's mystery admirer(well his million dollar title belt to be exact). I couldn't be happier when Goldust hit the ring for both him and Dibiase.

As of late Goldust has been either been stuck on Superstars or doing a once a month comedy skit on Raw. This bothered me due to the fact that Goldust was once a main attraction on Raw. A unique character that pushed the limits of bizarre before the very start of the attitude era. A character that although left to do stints in other companies had given his best years and runs to the wwe. Over the years they have taken away his original cutting edge gimmick and turned him into (im sad to say) a more prestigious Santino.

Ted Dibiase is in serious need of an established star to put him over in the ring. A guy like Goldust is the perfect person to preform such a task. He is a veteran that has some titles under his belt and could rock the microphone if they would let him.

Some people may say that Goldust isn't the right person to do this. For any of these people doubting this feud all i have to say is that Sheamus's first feud was against who....that's right, Goldust. Now look where he is. If this feud doesn't work I am going to say it now that it will probably be because of Dibiase. Anyway I am more than happy to see Goldust back in the ring on Raw and may i be so bold to say a ppv!

so the Questions
-Do you think Goldust was the right choice for this Angle?
-Do you think that this feud could finally get Dibiase over?

I have to say I was happy to see this angle unfold on RAW this week. Goldust is a great candidate for a nice feud with DiBiase, and it was great to see the story twist a little bit by having him lust over the belt. I'd actually like to see this belt carry a little weight and become interchangeable among wrestlers, the belt could carry some interesting storylines.

Anyways, you're right in that Goldust should be able to put over DiBiase. It'd be nice to see DiBiase in a storyline feud rather than making random appearances with the RAW guest celebrities in comic bits.

Goldust has the ability to, but the issue is if Ted can get over. Ted isn't very charismatic and the person I want to see get over is Goldust, but I doubt that will happen. I also want to see the Million Dollar Championship get over a little bit too.

so the Questions

I do think Goldust was the right choice for this angle. As much as it gives DiBiase another cog in his machine to get himself over, it also give Goldust something to do over the next couple of weeks. Personally, I really like Goldust. I have thought that he needed something to do for a few months now and I am glad that they are giving him this opportunity.

As for getting Ted over, it really could go one of two ways. It could be a success. Having him in the ring with such a veteran to platy off of might be really advantageous for Ted and it could have a massive pay off in the future. Then again, it really could go the way of Santino and just be absolute comedy shit. I would think that this needs to move away from the slippery mystery messages and move onto some concrete matches between both of these guys. That way, Ted can get the rub from beating Goldust whilst having a pretty decent feud in the process.

Chalk one up for the WZ boys for predicting this.

I really dug his match on Superstars with Regal and may I say that he has a killer finisher!

Also his persona is so much vibrant when he's around a lady. I saw images of the old slithery Goldust around Aksana which I really liked. The man, I hope, is given some mic-time for some good talk and not just jokes. He has wider array of abilities than we see. This feud with Dibiase should really help his character break out more emotions and I see good matches with Goldust in the future.

Also I think Goldust needs to overhaul his look as well. Keep the paint with some devilish black and gold and really drop the unisuit. Have some appealing gold-black tights and no apparel on top.

The man can keep his gloves...ALWAYS KEEP THE GLOVES!

I may be the only one here who thinks so, but I would love some Goldust comedy skits during this feud. In fact, I think that being made fun of by Goldust and taking the Million Dollar Championship Belt is exactly what Ted D needs to regain that "mean streak" he had in Legacy. I can see after a few weeks, Ted snaps, and offers his valet, Maryse, for the belt back, eventually leading to a Valet vs Title match...

As much as I love Goldust, Ted has to win this match for any real chance to move his career forward in the WWE...

I find this question very interesting. First, let me say that this could most definately work, for sure, without a doubt. Goldust would be capable of making this highly entertaining. HOWEVER, I'm speaking of the Goldust of old. I'm not so sure the WWE would let him entertain the way he is capable of at the current time. Would Ted Jr. finally get over? Well if he couldn't figure out how to make this work (with a 100% Goldie), than I'm not so sure he'd ever get over. Remember, Goldust worked with the likes of Razor, Taker and other legends, and all of those fueds were pretty cool.

The question is not whether Goldust can get him over. Goldust is popular enough that a feud should do it.

The problem could be whether DiBiase will stay over as a legit midcard/future main event heel. DiBiase needs to evolve into the talent that everyone thought he would be. Because it just hasnt happened for him.

Having the Million Dollar Belt involved almost guarantees DiBiase the ultimate win in this feud. I hope that it will lead to a big thing at the next Mania for him.

Goldust is not the right choice for an angle with ANYONE. Goldust hasn't been relevant since 1996.

All this means is Ted Dibiase has gone from feuding with Randy Orton at the start of the year to a washed up jobber that should have retired YEARS ago. TERRIBLE ANGLE.

And why does Dustin Rhodes want the million dollar belt!?!?!? It's a meaningless defunct championship. Gimme a break. Shouldnt a guy at the end of his career who's never held a World title be aiming a little higher than winning the million dollar belt? I guess Goldust isnt a very ambitious wrestler.

Pathetic angle that will not get anyone over. You want to get Dibiase over as a heel? It's easy. Have him be physically or verbally abusive to Maryse. Theirs no greater way for a guy to be hated than for him to treat his girlfriend badly. Have a paranoid Dibiase suspect Maryse is cheating on him and have him scream at her until she cries on national TV. That'll put him over as a heel. Putting him in a feud with Goldust just makes him look like a jobber.

Goldust can't put anyone over at this stage in his career, because his career IS OVER. If you want an example of a guy being put over by a veteran, watch the two Jericho/Morrison matches on RAW recently. Thats how its done.

Sorry I TOTALLY DUSAGREE!!! I think Goldust is still an AMAZING CHARACTER! One that the audience is familiar with, has a great resume, and credibility! That is why this works... Why the Million Dollar Belt? Why not? It's GOLD AND SPARKLY! Who really needs a REASON FOR GOLDUST TO DO THE BIZARRE!!! LMAO! Sure Dust will lose he is suppose to but THIS IS A PERFECT FEUD TO GET TEDDY OVER!!!

Goldust is not the right choice for an angle with ANYONE. Goldust hasn't been relevant since 1996.

All this means is Ted Dibiase has gone from feuding with Randy Orton at the start of the year to a washed up jobber that should have retired YEARS ago. TERRIBLE ANGLE.

And why does Dustin Rhodes want the million dollar belt!?!?!? It's a meaningless defunct championship. Gimme a break. Shouldnt a guy at the end of his career who's never held a World title be aiming a little higher than winning the million dollar belt? I guess Goldust isnt a very ambitious wrestler.

Pathetic angle that will not get anyone over. You want to get Dibiase over as a heel? It's easy. Have him be physically or verbally abusive to Maryse. Theirs no greater way for a guy to be hated than for him to treat his girlfriend badly. Have a paranoid Dibiase suspect Maryse is cheating on him and have him scream at her until she cries on national TV. That'll put him over as a heel. Putting him in a feud with Goldust just makes him look like a jobber.

Goldust can't put anyone over at this stage in his career, because his career IS OVER. If you want an example of a guy being put over by a veteran, watch the two Jericho/Morrison matches on RAW recently. Thats how its done.

If Goldust didnt put over Sheamus last year on ECW he might not be the 2 time WWE champion he is today. Regardless if he has been relevant over the past few years Goldust has always been a entertaining character who's feuds worked out for the better.

Recently Goldust has been working matches on superstars and dark matches and looks a lot better than he has in past years. I figured his NXT pro status was for good reasoning. Maybe this is Goldust's last feud before retiring, as he is getting up there in age. I think Dibiase should he happy a guy like Goldust is going to hopefully get him over like he did Sheamus and others over the years.

WRONG WRONG WRONG MOVE for Goldust the correct move would have been Goldust vs Cody ( brother vs brother sells ) when Cody was a member of Legacy but as always WWE creative drops the ball

This feud is more about about 'Dust's book which is slated for December release... they will peak the feud around that time to push the book as it's bound to be a "christmas present" many older WWE fans will like.

If it happens to help get Ted over in the meantime, then all the better really...

Ouch. You know, Goldust still gets a nice pop from the crowd, and we all know he likes all things shiny. Hence the attraction to the million dollar belt.

Numbers said Dibiase has been rumored to achieve greatness in the WWE. Perhaps this is the start of a climb to the top for him. Think old time wrestling when wrestlers worked their way up the ladder. Apparently, the WWE is really taking their time with this.

Oh, absolutely. Goldust is awesome. Awesome in the ring, awesome on the mic, charismatic, well-loved, and really can help DiBiase learn how to be better through his work. It also makes a lot of sense, history-wise, with Goldust actually going toe-to-toe with the Million Dollar Man back in the day. It should be a fun little mini-feud, and anything that gets Goldust on my TV is fine by me.

I don't know about that. You see, DiBiase really isn't that interesting. He's not very good on the mic, I suppose he's ok in the ring, he doesn't have a unique look...all he has is his dad's heritage and gimmick. While that's fun, it's not going to get him very far unless he can learn to show personality and be unique. I'm hoping DiBiase can learn from Goldust during this feud. If not, he's doomed.

Agreed the question is whether Ted can ever be over with the crowd at all... although I gotta say this is his best chance in doing so; fueding with a veteran like Goldust can only be good? right?

EDIT Funnily enough I think if Ted can get over with the crowd he'll be better than Cody in the future, simply because I don't like Cody... lol. They need to give him knee pads or something I feel like breaking his knees when ever he's on... EDIT

Common sense will tell you why Goldust wants the belt, it's gold. Goldust is the perfect person to feud with Dibiase and help him finally get over. His gimmick has the potential to make an interesting feud with Dibiase. Plus Dibiase used to team with his brother. I think they made the pefect choice of finally getting Goldust some tv time on raw.

Plus, Chris Jericho said via his twitter a few months back that Goldust has still got it. That coming from someone who worked with him in the ring shows the guy still have the ring skills to make it. His popularity is better than some of the main event faces. How does this make Dibiase a jobber. It gets him in the ring with someone with the experience to finally get him over.

I'm rooting for both here because I have always been a fan of Goldust/Dustin rhodes and because I think Ted can be the future of WWE if he can capitalize on this situation.

Personally, I was very pleased to see Goldust be selected to be the one involved in this angle. I have always liked the character of Goldust, I think he's always been competent in the ring and certainly has a character who is unique and somewhat controversial at times. He appears to be in better shape physically than he has been for years. I think the interaction between him and DiBiase (and Maryse) should be interesting and entertaining. The lead up to the revelation of the identity of the secret admirer was pretty good and thankfully, not dragged on for too long.

Having said this, I don't think Jesus could get Ted DiBiase Jr. over. Despite his lineage, I find this guy so bland and boring in the ring. His in-ring skills are average and his mic skills aren't much better. I didn't care much about him when he was solo, I wasn't interested in him as a part of Legacy, and he holds no appeal for me now. If having Maryse on his arm doesn't catch my attention, I don't think that there's anything or anyone who will be successful in getting this guy over. As one of my good buddies on here likes to say, he has the personality of a dialtone, and while I applaud the choice of Goldust to try to get him some greater appeal, I'm not optimistic. I believe if his surname wasn't DiBiase, this guy would have been long gone.

I think Goldust is a great choice for this angle. Goldust has a good resume. not great but good. He as good skills on the mic and in the ring. A little bit goes a long way. WWE has been rushing guys to world titles, it's getting hard to keep up with who is going to be a true main eventer. I think working DiBiase up slowly made do better for him in the long run. It's easy to get to a main eventer once and never do it again. Sheamus was ready for a main event push but he's already winding down, without the title. If Ted can make a storyline with Goldust work, then when it's time to get to the main events he'll stay around longer

I really don't see how feuding with Golddust will help Ted jr. Ted's problem isn't needing that one feud to get him over. Ted's problem is that he can't work a mic, he isn't a good ring worker and isn't the type of person that is very charismatic.

Maybe Golddust will make Ted look good in the ring, but he still won't be able to work a mic, so Golddust will have to be carrying him even with promos. I really wished they'd make Golddust more like Black Reign and have him feud with Husky Harris. To me that would make more sense.

I think Goldie is the perfect person to put Ted over. Ted does need that mean streak to show, though. Right now he is just the spoiled rich kid who has his daddys belt. AND he needs to get rid of that AWFUL music he has. The Legacy music he used for a while seemed to suit him better.

Goldust is a great worker in the ring , great on the mic and I feel he is the perfect wrestler to work a program with Dibiase to try to get him over , I mean the idea of Goldust wanting gold isn't all that out there is it ?

Now wrestling fans think back a few years where did this feud really start ? not on RAW , Not even in OVW or FCW this fued started on Saturday Night's Main Event when a young Dustin Rhodes debuted sitting at ringside along side his father "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes while we was feuding with "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase . Remember that ? This was prior to Dustin Rhodes many sucesses in WCW where he was a mulitple time US Champion and World Tag Team Champion . Dustin Rhodes was Dustin before he was Goldust , don't get me wrong he has been most sucessful while playing the role of Goldust .

The reason I think this feud could work to get Dibiase over is if they mix the Feud of their fathers in with alittle of the goldust of old it would make for a great storyline . WWE Creative proibibly dosen't even remember the feud between "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes and "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase but it all came to a head when Rhodes manager Sapphire left him for Dibiase's money . This could really be a reason to tune in monday night if it's done right and not rushed along like so many of their other feuds .

OVERALL I DO THINK THIS COULD GET DIBIASE OVER !!!

*whistle*BillAlonso says Goldust is too perfect, daddy, becasue if Ted goes over, I'd be royally pissed. I think Goldust is probably one of the top five most talented people left in the company, if not now, then definitely when 'Taker leaves. I'd love to see another feud with them, by the way, but it's that talen that would help get Ted over. I just hope they don't ruin it, or Ted let it go to waste if he goes over.*whistle*

I agree that Goldust hasn't been relevant for a very long time, which is very unfortunate because he was such a great character (especially at the beginning of his WWF career). I remember recently there was a long thread with tons of Goldust fans here pandering for a major title push for Mr. Rhodes... I think this is a great way to get him back in the spotlight without putting him at too high a level.

I don't know that this really puts DiBiase over much at all. I do think, however, that it's a perfect feud because a character covered in gold paint with a gold outfit and the word "Gold" in his name really should desire a belt that's supposedly worth a million dollars made of pure gold and covered in diamonds more than a belt that holds more prestige than monetary value.

I just wonder where each superstar will go from here. This feud seems tailor made for Goldust, but who could he feud with after this? He'll likely just go back to his previous status after all is said and done. DiBiase? Who the heck knows? I had high hopes for him, but it seems like WWE isn't really intent on doing that much with him.

why not have goldust pin and beat dibiase? I mean where the hell is dibiase going? think about it you filthy little internet MONKIES if dibiase couldnt get over as his role in the Marine # 2 whats going to put him over now? I think its time for Dustin Rhodes to come back out and truly start kickin some real ass. the guy isnt in totaly bad shape. Id rather see him in an angle where hes not the gold dust character and has a more serious role

another NOTE wouldnt it be funny if the storyline was based on goldust having sexual feelings for Dibiase?? that would do more for dibiase wayy more for his push by simply sqaushing gold dust for trying to rape him LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back