Could Friends have turned into Full House?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
At the end of friends, a perfect family is formed, Monica and Chandler move into the suburbs, bringing their family with them, with a room for the kids Uncle Joey.

Sound familiar? Uncle Joey... Perfect family? Potential for an Uncle Ross who is the wife's brother to move in, maybe without a motorbike and a leather jacket.

All they needed to do was have Monica die, and have Chandler having to look after the twins with help from corky uncle Joey, and Uncle Ross. Heck, maybe Monica and Chandler adopt Emma for some reason, and Ben could move in.

So could you have seen a Friends spinoff that was a little Full House like?

Well, whatever they could have come up with, no matter what it would have been ten times better then the spin-off 'Joey', which was just a disaster (granted, it did get decent towards the middle of the 2nd Season, but before that it was just absolute shit).

Anyway, I think your idea could have easily worked. Chandler and Monica were by far the most liked 'Friends' from the show. You go to IMDB right now and you'll see everyone listing those two as their favorite characters. And of course, everyone loves Joey in doses. So, yeah... ratings wise, it definitely would have work. Entertainment wise? With the same writers from Friends, I also think that it would have worked. Joey and Chandler were already hilarious together as roommates, and you throw Monica and two babies in the mix, plus a big ass house... man, instant gold.

Unfortunately, of course it didn't happen, and I don't think it ever will happen, but the idea is solid, TM. I really do think it could have worked if the actors/writers were up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back