Could Devon & Spike work?

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
With Devon reportedly leaving TNA, and Bully staying behind, it's a common wonder what Devon's worth is alone. Of course, the testifying man could become a Reverend again and use Mason Ryan as his new Deacon, but that's a been there done that scenario.

Of course, WWE's going to still want to utilize that Dudley name as much as possible, and Devon Dudley does not sell as well as "The Dudley Boys" does. So what if WWE brought in Devon & Spike to replace the Devon & Bubba duo? Could Devon have enough star power with Spike for those two to run as the tag team in WWE, or would it be best for Devon to just take his ball elsewhere?

I was wondering myself what would happen with Devon in another run with WWE. You make an interesting point.

While he could definitely bring something to the midcard, the tag team division is on the rise, and with TLC a few months away it would surely be a good time of year to bring them in. Depending on the status of Team Hell No by then they'd probably have to come in as a heel team, but that could lead to a solid tag team feud that could run all the way to Mania if booked correctly. Hell if they're going to be heel why not re-unite them with Heyman, if he's building a stable as people seem to think, he'd surely need a legit badass tag team as part of that, and they'd fit into the 'Paul Heyman Guys' theme that would run through said stable.

This is all assuming that Devon would come in as an active member of the roster though, which I wouldn't personally be 100% certain on. I think there's be a place for him as a GM or manager as much as there would on the roster.

If I remember correctly, Spike retired from wrestling a few years ago and is currently working as a financail planner. It is a good idea though, and I would be interested in seeing how it would work out and Heyman would make a good mouth piece for the group. I'm sure Spike might be willing to come out of retirement and wrestle again for the right money and he and Devon could work as a tag team, but I don't see Vince paying Spike enough to drag him back in so I don't see this happening.

Spike Dudley has retired from wrestling, so if Devon were to come back, he'd have to go it alone or find another partner, and we all know how abysmal his singles run in TNA was, so he should find a new partner if he does come back. He wouldn't be as successful with the new partner as he was with Bubba, but just his name & veteran status alone would be a helping hand in reviving the Tag Team division as he would add some star power to it and he would help get younger talent over, so if he ever did come back, he'd be best suited there. Even if Spike wasn't retired, I'd still prefer that Devon pair up with somebody that's new, that's more his size, and that could use more exposure on TV than Spike...like Ezekial Jackson. I could see a team like Devon & Zeke working in the tag team division, much like how Devon & Ron Simmons did in 2002. I just can't see Devon & Spike being able to pull off the same 'Dudley Boyz' antics together like how Bubba & Devon could especially as the WWE is PG now, so this version of the Dudley Boyz wouldn't work. Or maybe Devon could be a manager for some team like the Prime Time Players, but I think Devon would work out much better in the tag team division as Zeke's tag team partner than as a manager.

Devon has 2 sons that wrestle. On twitter he always says "Me and the real Dudley Boyz". I'm thinking that's how he can help get his sons over in the WWE while finishing his own career.

As earlier said, Spike has retired and now has a family. I doubt we'll ever see him again. He has said to really enjoy being low key.

Pretty sure even if WWE do end up hiring Devon, they will use him more in a backstage role and maybe limited use as a stepping stone for other talent. Devon doesn't quite have the following that he needs to still make a big impact in the WWE.

I can see him being used basically like Christian is now minus the world title reigns IF they use him on TV.

Devon has 2 sons that wrestle. On twitter he always says "Me and the real Dudley Boyz". I'm thinking that's how he can help get his sons over in the WWE while finishing his own career.

As earlier said, Spike has retired and now has a family. I doubt we'll ever see him again. He has said to really enjoy being low key.

Exactly what I was going to say! If i were to book it I would have him return for a one night appearance at Royal Rumble. Continue to train his kids at Team 3D's Academy, then manage them at FCW, and eventually develop them as the new generation Dudley Boyz, Same old school theme and rocket entrance!

Being he's from NY, they could have him appear at a Raw event segment leading to wrestlemania, with his pups visiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back